Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who does Steve Cook Replace? 15:00 - Dec 29 with 32140 viewsHastings_Hoops

I would imagine that Steve Cook will be joining us on the assumption of first team football - in which case, who does he replace (style of play / positioning) - I must admit to being a bit ignorant on that one.

Also, I assume that this indicates that:

1) Dickie and / or Barbet will definitely be gone by next season.
Or
2) we’re planning ahead and assuming Cook’s experience could be a great help to Dickie and Dunne in settling into the prem.

…most likely hedging our bets each way.
Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 19:12 - Jan 1 with 3703 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 19:07 - Jan 1 by Northernr

With his shirt on maybe. He took it off at full time and, well, he didn't look like Jack Charlton then.

Bobby?

Suzanne?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 19:37 - Jan 1 with 3585 viewsBoston

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 19:07 - Jan 1 by Northernr

With his shirt on maybe. He took it off at full time and, well, he didn't look like Jack Charlton then.

A few square meals should sort that out.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 19:47 - Jan 1 with 3550 viewsAntti_Heinola

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 19:11 - Dec 31 by Northernr

I'm hearing a lot of this "isn't working" chat at the moment. Am I looking at a different league table to everybody else?

If we're not top and winning 3-0 every week, it's not working Clive. This season, we've had people saying Charlie isn't up to it, Johansen isn't so good this year, Chair has no end product, Dickie is off form, Kakay is useless, Willock hasn't been great for THREE WHOLE GAMES, Seny's second season syndrome and on and on and droningly on. And yet, as you say, look at the results and look at the table.
Not saying people can't criticise but the now now now brigade seem increasingly deranged this season.

Bare bones.

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 19:53 - Jan 1 with 3511 viewsNorthernr

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 19:47 - Jan 1 by Antti_Heinola

If we're not top and winning 3-0 every week, it's not working Clive. This season, we've had people saying Charlie isn't up to it, Johansen isn't so good this year, Chair has no end product, Dickie is off form, Kakay is useless, Willock hasn't been great for THREE WHOLE GAMES, Seny's second season syndrome and on and on and droningly on. And yet, as you say, look at the results and look at the table.
Not saying people can't criticise but the now now now brigade seem increasingly deranged this season.

I'm still not giving up on the potential that the annual "could we still get dragged into the relegation battle?" LFW staple could make its usual appearance in January.
Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 20:07 - Jan 1 with 3479 viewsBurnleyhoop

Unfortunately that’s what comes with raised expectations and all that emotional investment.

I think we have been great during 2021, but we should feel free to criticise and compliment in equal measure. For all the known and obvious reasons, we have been wobbling of late and it can be frustrating to watch. We were bloody awful against BC, but we kept on working and battling and achieved a highly unlikely win. That’s what I/we love about this group, even when they know they are playing crap (and they knew), they never stopped trying.

Still all to play for and we know they will give everything for the cause and this club.

What more can we possibly ask for?
Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 20:31 - Jan 1 with 3419 viewskensalriser

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 19:53 - Jan 1 by Northernr

I'm still not giving up on the potential that the annual "could we still get dragged into the relegation battle?" LFW staple could make its usual appearance in January.

Still 12 away from 50, with Chair and Dieng away and Willock and Dickie transferred we could easily get sucked in.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 21:44 - Jan 1 with 3282 viewshantssi

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 20:31 - Jan 1 by kensalriser

Still 12 away from 50, with Chair and Dieng away and Willock and Dickie transferred we could easily get sucked in.

We’re only 20 points above 22nd, little wobble here and there we could conceivably be dragged in!
Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 22:31 - Jan 1 with 3218 viewsnix

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 21:44 - Jan 1 by hantssi

We’re only 20 points above 22nd, little wobble here and there we could conceivably be dragged in!

To be on the safe side, why not start a thread on it?

Clive really loves that. Lots to get his journalistic teeth into...
Login to get fewer ads

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 22:33 - Jan 1 with 3207 viewsaston_hoop

an especially challenging season for someone to try and justify why there are 21 clubs better than us in this division!
[Post edited 1 Jan 2022 22:34]

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 22:56 - Jan 1 with 3152 viewsLoftgirl

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 19:53 - Jan 1 by Northernr

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 19:43 - Jan 2 with 2805 viewsStainrod

This debate might be a bit premature as someone saying there are reports he has gone to Forest? Don't see any reports confirming that tho
Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 19:48 - Jan 2 with 2761 viewsgazza1

I do not really see this transfer as fitting into our 'business plan' tbh.....not saying it wont happen but it goes against what we are building - old, I would expect expensive wages , bit of a 'has been', do we need another CB or are we thinking that we may be loosing one of ours in the near future. I don't know but I find all this chat hard to believe and understand.

We will all know very soon though.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2022 19:50]
Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 19:54 - Jan 2 with 2704 viewsgazza1

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 19:11 - Dec 31 by Northernr

I'm hearing a lot of this "isn't working" chat at the moment. Am I looking at a different league table to everybody else?

We have had a very decent first half of the season whatever anybody thinks.....we have had a few poorish/disappionting games but we have also had some excellent performances.

The plan is working very well as far as I am concerned and my level of expectancy is a lot higher that many because I believe that we have a very good squad of players and an excellent Management Team off and on the park.

Play-offs are the target but I am not writing us off for better.
Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 20:24 - Jan 2 with 2614 viewsHastings_Hoops

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 19:48 - Jan 2 by gazza1

I do not really see this transfer as fitting into our 'business plan' tbh.....not saying it wont happen but it goes against what we are building - old, I would expect expensive wages , bit of a 'has been', do we need another CB or are we thinking that we may be loosing one of ours in the near future. I don't know but I find all this chat hard to believe and understand.

Would be good to coach the younger CB’s through to premier league standard… adding to their value - it’s important to have a good blend.
Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 20:46 - Jan 2 with 2530 viewsMyke

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 19:48 - Jan 2 by gazza1

You are right in the sense of the 'buy cheap, develop and sell high model' But we are also not shy about picking up older players like Austin, Wallace, Adomah and Johansen, to give us that blend of youth and experience.
IF we get Cook (and with Forest flashing the cash, nothing is certain) I see him as a Rangel type. Good few years younger than Angel was when he joined us I know, but that kind of one club loyal mentality, that can have a very positive effect on the younger players. Help keep them settled and focused when there could be a lot of speculation going on.
Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 22:09 - Jan 2 with 2427 viewsBAWHoops

Having a medical at Forest.
Can’t say I’m massively upset as don’t see when he would’ve played really.
Forest do love to stockpile don’t they!

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 22:19 - Jan 2 with 2391 viewsRangersw12

The only reason he would go to Forest instead of us is because of money

On that basis it seems were dodging a bullet here
Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 22:23 - Jan 2 with 2362 viewsdmm

If he's going to Forest it is a bit of a blow to Warburton who obviously wanted him. However, our recruitment team has been excellent in recent seasons and will have others in their sights.
Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 22:26 - Jan 2 with 2346 viewsLongsufferingR

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 22:19 - Jan 2 by Rangersw12

The only reason he would go to Forest instead of us is because of money

On that basis it seems were dodging a bullet here

Isn't that 3 centre backs they have gazumped us for in the last couple of years? Hefele, McKenna and Cook. What on earth possesses these players going there to join a 35 man squad?
Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 23:09 - Jan 2 with 2228 viewsAntti_Heinola

Come on, you can't blame him. Look what happened to that CB we tried to get from Huddersfield that they nicked. You know... um... I forget his name... So, it's a great move.

Bare bones.

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 23:22 - Jan 2 with 2166 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 22:09 - Jan 2 by BAWHoops

Having a medical at Forest.
Can’t say I’m massively upset as don’t see when he would’ve played really.
Forest do love to stockpile don’t they!

"Don't see when he would have played"

When you play 3 centre backs. You need plenty of options. Having said that these three are doing very well but if we lose 2 of them either by injury or being sold or both.

Goodbye playoffs.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 23:32 - Jan 2 with 2125 viewsStainrod

One of these three gets injured next match and we are potentially looking at Field at CB - who was terrible there for a game last season. Not sure how Warbs can even rest one of them for the FA Cup tie.
Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 23:37 - Jan 2 with 2089 viewsMyke

Antti I'm getting a bit pissed off with your snide remarks at every available opportunity. Remarkable to think that you once contributed regular features on this site, such is your descent to personal attacks This is not the first time I have had to pull you on this. If you can't engage in mature debate, then at least try not to resort to childish insults. Grow up good man
Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 23:42 - Jan 2 with 2079 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 23:32 - Jan 2 by Stainrod

One of these three gets injured next match and we are potentially looking at Field at CB - who was terrible there for a game last season. Not sure how Warbs can even rest one of them for the FA Cup tie.

Dom Ball is still knocking around too.

The 3 do seem very resilient but with de wijs strugging we could do with another option.

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 23:47 - Jan 2 with 2060 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 20:07 - Jan 1 by Burnleyhoop

Unfortunately that’s what comes with raised expectations and all that emotional investment.

I think we have been great during 2021, but we should feel free to criticise and compliment in equal measure. For all the known and obvious reasons, we have been wobbling of late and it can be frustrating to watch. We were bloody awful against BC, but we kept on working and battling and achieved a highly unlikely win. That’s what I/we love about this group, even when they know they are playing crap (and they knew), they never stopped trying.

Still all to play for and we know they will give everything for the cause and this club.

What more can we possibly ask for?

Post of the year!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024