Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sir Tony Blair 09:01 - Jan 1 with 6665 viewsJaySaint

If anyone had any doubt that the Honours list was a piece of filth, this latest one takes the pish

Tony Blair Knighted.......my word!

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Sir Tony Blair on 16:53 - Jan 2 with 1722 viewsSadoldgit

Sir Tony Blair on 10:21 - Jan 2 by Chesham_Saint

That’s not the point I was making and you know it. Parliament made an assessment on the information it was presented with by the government of the day. Don’t try and shift the blame from Blair and Brown. That’s like blaming the jury.

84 Labour MPs and the Liberal Democratic Party didn't swallow the argument.
Sir Tony Blair on 16:53 - Jan 2 with 1723 viewsBazza

Tony Blair is being awarded the Order of the Garter, which is by the Queen's personal choice!
Sir Tony Blair on 16:54 - Jan 2 with 1720 viewsJaySaint

Sir Tony Blair on 16:53 - Jan 2 by Sadoldgit

84 Labour MPs and the Liberal Democratic Party didn't swallow the argument.

Dodgy Dossier - At the hand of Tony's right hand man

Sir Tony Blair on 16:55 - Jan 2 with 1718 viewsSadoldgit

Sir Tony Blair on 16:49 - Jan 2 by JaySaint

This is on Labour and Tony Blair.

I you think anyone believes you have ever voted for the Tory's, then my aunt is an elephant
[Post edited 2 Jan 2022 16:50]

Was she an African or Indian elephant?
I voted Tory in 1974 and 1979 before realising my mistake. I then voted LibDem until they joined the Tories in the coalition. The last 2 elections I have voted Labour.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2022 17:00]
Sir Tony Blair on 17:02 - Jan 2 with 1710 viewsSadoldgit

Sir Tony Blair on 11:29 - Jan 2 by JaySaint

13 Labour MPs voted against it.....13.

Anyway, if this is how it works, gets the Tories off the hook for loads of crap, which I am sure you will agree.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2022 11:32]

84 voted against
Sir Tony Blair on 17:06 - Jan 2 with 1710 viewsJaySaint

Sir Tony Blair on 17:02 - Jan 2 by Sadoldgit

84 voted against

I found this...may well be wrong?

https://inews.co.uk/news/long-reads/current-labour-mps-voted-iraq-war-13298

edit - the lists in the link say "current MPs" (2016)
[Post edited 2 Jan 2022 17:08]

Sir Tony Blair on 17:14 - Jan 2 with 1700 viewsSadoldgit

This is what I was looking at https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Parliamentary_approval_for_the_invasion_
Sir Tony Blair on 19:23 - Jan 2 with 1627 viewsButty101

Sir Tony Blair on 16:54 - Jan 2 by JaySaint

Dodgy Dossier - At the hand of Tony's right hand man

He is the Ugly Insides very own version of Alastair Campbell the way he keeps spinning. By his reckoning Labour have to carry the can for all the Covid deaths as they voted with the government.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Login to get fewer ads

Sir Tony Blair on 21:06 - Jan 2 with 1588 viewsBerber

Sir Tony Blair on 09:44 - Jan 2 by Ron11

Correct.
His involvement made the people of this country an ISIS target.
While taxpayers funded his twenty four hour hour bodyguard protection, and probably still do.
It's an insult to us that this piece of shit has been given a knighthood.

If the jihadist attacks are down to Blair and the second Iraqi war, how come places like Spain, Holland, Belgium and Germany have had so many? Most of them spoke against the IS and UK led initiative.
Sir Tony Blair on 21:34 - Jan 2 with 1561 viewsButty101

Hopefully this gathers pace

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/19819973.petition-tony-blair-stripped-knighthoo

Sir Tony Blair on 22:20 - Jan 2 with 1529 viewsSadoldgit

Sir Tony Blair on 19:23 - Jan 2 by Butty101

He is the Ugly Insides very own version of Alastair Campbell the way he keeps spinning. By his reckoning Labour have to carry the can for all the Covid deaths as they voted with the government.

If you bother to read what I have written I have said that the fault lies with everyone who voted the action through. How is that not true? I have also said that Blair is ultimately responsible. The fact remains that if the opposition parties had voted against it there were enough votes with the Labour dissenters to stop the UK’s involvement in the war. Doesn’t fit in with your agenda though does it. Keep spinning it your way though.
Sir Tony Blair on 10:34 - Jan 3 with 1441 viewsChesham_Saint

Sir Tony Blair on 15:14 - Jan 2 by Poirot

I guarantee many voted labour in 2005 and all this hate blair stuff came to frutition in just the last ten or so years.

Nope. Tell that to Reg Keys, the father of a dead soldier who stood against Blair in 2005.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Sir Tony Blair on 10:57 - Jan 3 with 1433 viewssaint68

Sir Tony Blair on 21:34 - Jan 2 by Butty101

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/19819973.petition-tony-blair-stripped-knighthoo

https://www.change.org/p/the-prime-minister-tony-blair-to-have-his-knight-compan

He ain't popular at all...surprise surprise

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Sir Tony Blair on 11:34 - Jan 3 with 1424 viewsarfurdent

Sir Tony Blair on 10:57 - Jan 3 by saint68

https://www.change.org/p/the-prime-minister-tony-blair-to-have-his-knight-compan

He ain't popular at all...surprise surprise

All those that vote for it will disappear

Blair is an alien lizard in disguise

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Sir Tony Blair on 12:01 - Jan 3 with 1415 viewsJellybaby

Sir Tony Blair on 21:34 - Jan 2 by Butty101

Signed!

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Sir Tony Blair on 12:26 - Jan 3 with 1398 viewsButty101

Sir Tony Blair on 22:20 - Jan 2 by Sadoldgit

If you bother to read what I have written I have said that the fault lies with everyone who voted the action through. How is that not true? I have also said that Blair is ultimately responsible. The fact remains that if the opposition parties had voted against it there were enough votes with the Labour dissenters to stop the UK’s involvement in the war. Doesn’t fit in with your agenda though does it. Keep spinning it your way though.

So you agree that labour are as much to blame as the government for the current Covid mess. After all they voted with the government despite some conservatives voting against policies.

Sir Tony Blair on 18:37 - Jan 3 with 1333 viewsJellybaby

Sir Tony Blair on 23:05 - Jan 1 by Chesham_Saint

If only you could tell that to the tens of thousands of Iraqis and hundreds of British soldiers killed or crippled by Blair’s and Campbell’s actions.

Agreed, they are basically knighting a war criminal - absolutely insane.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2022 18:41]

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Sir Tony Blair on 09:42 - Jan 4 with 1237 viewssaint68

Sir Tony Blair on 12:01 - Jan 3 by Jellybaby

Signed!

Approaching 550000 now...looks well bound for a million

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Sir Tony Blair on 10:23 - Jan 4 with 1224 viewsPaleRider

Signed! Should have been prosecuted for war crimes but even before that was spinning and lying to the British people. One of the most self-serving politicians we have ever had.
Sir Tony Blair on 11:03 - Jan 4 with 1204 viewsSadoldgit

Sir Tony Blair on 12:26 - Jan 3 by Butty101

So you agree that labour are as much to blame as the government for the current Covid mess. After all they voted with the government despite some conservatives voting against policies.

You don’t see the difference between trying to help stop a pandemic and going to war? I will say it for the final time, this is not about party politics. Everyone who voted for the war is culpable for it. There was cross party support. Blair is ultimately responsible. You seem intent in creating an argument where there is none unless you disagree with that.
If you want to carry on trying to make an argument where there is none, Labour have been very critical of the way the government have handled the pandemic from the start. They also have not been voting for the Tories to give their mates multi million contracts for often useless equipment. Johnson and his cabinet have pretty much done what they have liked from day 1.
Sir Tony Blair on 11:55 - Jan 4 with 1173 viewsChesham_Saint

Sir Tony Blair on 11:03 - Jan 4 by Sadoldgit

You don’t see the difference between trying to help stop a pandemic and going to war? I will say it for the final time, this is not about party politics. Everyone who voted for the war is culpable for it. There was cross party support. Blair is ultimately responsible. You seem intent in creating an argument where there is none unless you disagree with that.
If you want to carry on trying to make an argument where there is none, Labour have been very critical of the way the government have handled the pandemic from the start. They also have not been voting for the Tories to give their mates multi million contracts for often useless equipment. Johnson and his cabinet have pretty much done what they have liked from day 1.

No need for an enquiry then folks, Sogs has got it sussed.

Maybe he could also confirm whether Geoff Hurst’s ‘66 goal did actually cross the line?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Sir Tony Blair on 13:28 - Jan 4 with 1148 viewsSadoldgit

Sir Tony Blair on 11:55 - Jan 4 by Chesham_Saint

No need for an enquiry then folks, Sogs has got it sussed.

Maybe he could also confirm whether Geoff Hurst’s ‘66 goal did actually cross the line?

There has already been an enquiry, the Chilcott Report. It concluded that Iraq did not have WMD and posed no threat to us. Fair play to everyone who stood up and spoke out (and voted against) the war . It’s just a shame more didn’t stand with them and perhaps we wouldn’t have been dragged along with the US after all.
As for the ball crossing the line, history records that we won the cup (despite there being a Labour government at the time 😉)
Sir Tony Blair on 16:56 - Jan 5 with 1079 viewssaint901

The petition against his knighthood is utterly pointless as he has been made a Garter Knight at the personal behest of the Queen. She did not need nor ask Parliament's permission. Constitutionally she is not as obliged as us normal people to obey Parliament and cannot be forced to.

Governments of all colours make mistakes. Individuals within those Governments make mistakes and seek advantage for their own reasons by playing games with the rules. Only in times of national crisis do we see true altruistic coalition and since the second war that has not happened.

The error that Blair made was (in my view) twofold. First he was desperate to be friends with the USA and so maintain and milk the "special relationship. Perhaps that was in the national interest, perhaps with an eye to his own legacy.

Second, having promised the USA to help, he found that the intelligence available did not match what the US hawks were saying and was not as paranoid. Instead of applying some judgement, he seems to have not only asked for some information to be downplayed but for other data to be exaggerated. Who did that remains a mystery but I'd say somebody not far from the end of the cabinet table and always in pictures with him.

So a rash decision compounded by poor judgement, a monumental lask of proper post planning planning and absolutely no appreciation of the consequences of his actions which even today he thinks were right.

Knights of the realm are meant to showcase what this "realm" sees as its best features.

Blair does not do that and should be denied.
Sir Tony Blair on 12:59 - Jan 6 with 932 viewsdirk_doone

Blair already brought the honours system into disrepute a long time ago. Lord Ahmed of Rotherham was made a peer on his personal recommendation:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10372887/So-asks-GUY-ADAMS-DID-Nazir-Ah

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024