Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lockdown imminent? 09:45 - Jan 2 with 4104 viewssaint68

What's the thoughts on here in regards to a pending lockdown?

Was thinking of flying over next weekend but it's looking highly likely that another lockdown is looming...I'd assume that an announcement would be on the cards over the next 48hrs or so.

Oh and Happy New year one and all.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Lockdown imminent? on 14:43 - Jan 2 with 1735 viewssaint68

Lockdown imminent? on 14:21 - Jan 2 by saint22

Flu shot, malaria tablets etc etc
Get jabbed and shut up
And if you don’t want the jab then mask up and stay away

Wow, that's an utter load of crap from a person devoid of any capability to actually question or understand what's going on in the current climate..stick to half marathons sweetheart...you just plunged yourself into utter bellend territory once again..I feel sad for you boy.

[Post edited 3 Jan 2022 9:58]

Lockdown imminent? on 17:11 - Jan 2 with 1643 viewsSadoldgit

Lockdown imminent? on 12:34 - Jan 2 by saint68

The horrendous implications of the past 2yrs of absolute over the top manipulation and coercement will be so astronomically absurd many will question their detachment from grounded logical thinking...I'm not gloating as that's not in anyway my standpoint...I'm just glad that finally the fog of covid misinformation and media coercement/control is finally dissolving.

No one has benefited from the past 2yrs other than those in control that have overseen business paralysed, families divided and liberties eroded...the fallout will be life changing and in many cases irreparable.

Especially for those who have died or those who are still struggling with the after effects of the virus.
Lockdown imminent? on 01:46 - Jan 3 with 1554 viewsDorsetIan

Another year. Another anti-vax thread from 68. Really?

Even the most vehement anti-lockdown voices recognise the success of the vaccine programme. It’s not even debatable, but still people are dying unnecessarily having refused to have it.

Saw quote the other day. Something like: ‚how is that the same people who, after 1 month of data, are happy to conclude that Omicron is ‚mild’, still can’t be convinced after 12 months that vaccines are safe and effective?‘

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Lockdown imminent? on 01:52 - Jan 3 with 1555 viewsBison

Lockdown imminent? on 01:46 - Jan 3 by DorsetIan

Even the most vehement anti-lockdown voices recognise the success of the vaccine programme. It’s not even debatable, but still people are dying unnecessarily having refused to have it.

Saw quote the other day. Something like: ‚how is that the same people who, after 1 month of data, are happy to conclude that Omicron is ‚mild’, still can’t be convinced after 12 months that vaccines are safe and effective?‘

ian he has accepted that vaccines are good for the old and vulnerable.

i just need that clarifying , vulnerable , pretty obvious.

old ? i would like that nailed down. Over to you 68 ?

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Lockdown imminent? on 08:07 - Jan 3 with 1498 viewssaint68

Lockdown imminent? on 01:52 - Jan 3 by Bison

ian he has accepted that vaccines are good for the old and vulnerable.

i just need that clarifying , vulnerable , pretty obvious.

old ? i would like that nailed down. Over to you 68 ?

Good morning Bison and Happy New year...

OLD...
Just for Ian's benefit...those over 75yrs old are some 10000 times more likely to suffer more intense and life threatening issues from covid-19...over 60yrs old and it's somewhat lower than 10000 but yet again it is more likely to result in more intense symptoms and possible mortality...so if we said that targeting those over 60 was a prudent step that would save millions of vaccines to send to less well off countries around the globe to save their frail and elderly.

Lockdown imminent? on 09:28 - Jan 3 with 1465 viewsBerber

I do not believe that the current approvals given by parliament include tightened restrictions. Therefore, Boris would have to take any proposed lockdown back to parliament, with the risk of even more defections than last time.

Also, he would have to notify parliament of his intent, then schedule and get it voted on. In the past, this has take a week or more after several days of priming the media first. Latest rumours are that the cabinet do not see a need for further measures.

Under current regulations, if you are not vaccinated, I believe that 10 day qaurantine is obligatory, and am not clear if this would have to be done in a quarantine hotel. Ironically, returning from Norway after Christmas, our 2 day tests results were delayed. Under current legislation, even with booster jabs, we were required to quarantine for 14 days, but unvaccinated individuals only had to quarantine for 10 days. The rules and advice are all over the place. The only clear thing, is if you are vaccinated, and your 2 day test comes back negative, you can exit quarantine with Day 6 and Day 7 negative LFTs.
Lockdown imminent? on 09:40 - Jan 3 with 1456 viewskernow

Lockdown imminent? on 14:43 - Jan 2 by saint68

Wow, that's an utter load of crap from a person devoid of any capability to actually question or understand what's going on in the current climate..stick to half marathons sweetheart...you just plunged yourself into utter bellend territory once again..I feel sad for you boy.

[Post edited 3 Jan 2022 9:58]

What do you mean by "devoid of an incapability"?

Double negative, minus times minus equals plus to use a mathematical analogy.
Lockdown imminent? on 09:45 - Jan 3 with 1454 viewsDorsetIan

Lockdown imminent? on 08:07 - Jan 3 by saint68

Good morning Bison and Happy New year...

OLD...
Just for Ian's benefit...those over 75yrs old are some 10000 times more likely to suffer more intense and life threatening issues from covid-19...over 60yrs old and it's somewhat lower than 10000 but yet again it is more likely to result in more intense symptoms and possible mortality...so if we said that targeting those over 60 was a prudent step that would save millions of vaccines to send to less well off countries around the globe to save their frail and elderly.

Vaccines have always been rolled out to the most vulnerable first. There is no argument about that.

This proposal for only targetted vaccination means, in effect, the non-vaccination of those under a certain age.

The epidemiologists and virologists don’t believe this is a good idea, not least because of the (albeit lowers) mortality risk for those under that age. There seems to be a pretty broad consensus on this which is good enough for me.

The issue of global distribution is a separate one, which needs to be addressed, but national politics is going to trump that a lot of the time, especially in the current heavily nationalistic climate.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Login to get fewer ads

Lockdown imminent? on 11:24 - Jan 3 with 1436 viewssaint68

Lockdown imminent? on 09:28 - Jan 3 by Berber

I do not believe that the current approvals given by parliament include tightened restrictions. Therefore, Boris would have to take any proposed lockdown back to parliament, with the risk of even more defections than last time.

Also, he would have to notify parliament of his intent, then schedule and get it voted on. In the past, this has take a week or more after several days of priming the media first. Latest rumours are that the cabinet do not see a need for further measures.

Under current regulations, if you are not vaccinated, I believe that 10 day qaurantine is obligatory, and am not clear if this would have to be done in a quarantine hotel. Ironically, returning from Norway after Christmas, our 2 day tests results were delayed. Under current legislation, even with booster jabs, we were required to quarantine for 14 days, but unvaccinated individuals only had to quarantine for 10 days. The rules and advice are all over the place. The only clear thing, is if you are vaccinated, and your 2 day test comes back negative, you can exit quarantine with Day 6 and Day 7 negative LFTs.

Funnily enough MP's voted to lift the need for quarantine hotels and remove the red list 18hrs before breaking up for Christmas..I wonder how many jetted off to those previously designated red list countries and flew back in unaffected by the previously required hotel quarantine period

On my last return I done a day 2 test a day 5 to release earlier and obviously a day 8.

I also last January got pinged 8 days after a flight, someone had tested positive from the same flight..I had to then self isolate.. bit inconvenient but that was all.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2022 11:30]

Lockdown imminent? on 13:12 - Jan 3 with 1399 viewsPoirot

Lockdown imminent? on 13:02 - Jan 2 by saint68

The greatest providers of false information over the past 2yrs are actually pharmaceutical companies and governments...wake up and realise you've Been mugged off by the very people you trust without question..

I dont really look at those you mention that much but your clearly cuckoo with your mindset. 'Big pharma' i presume is Mr Nasty and you lot are the saviours ? Thats the fairytale built into our brains from medieval times. I presume you class yourself as a 'freedom fighter'

Nobodies mugging me off or anyone else for that matter with a brain using logic and common sense.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2022 13:17]
Lockdown imminent? on 09:35 - Jan 4 with 1249 viewssaint68

Lockdown imminent? on 09:28 - Jan 3 by Berber

Apparently now it's day 2 and day 8 PCR tests £79...lateral flow to board the incubator is adequate then PCR upon arrival....another ridiculous regulation...surely a PCR within 48hrs would be better than a lateral flow when boarding what is in essence a flying test tube...

Did you have to use PCR once back in England or lateral flow?

Lockdown imminent? on 09:51 - Jan 4 with 1242 viewssaint68

Lockdown imminent? on 13:12 - Jan 3 by Poirot

I dont really look at those you mention that much but your clearly cuckoo with your mindset. 'Big pharma' i presume is Mr Nasty and you lot are the saviours ? Thats the fairytale built into our brains from medieval times. I presume you class yourself as a 'freedom fighter'

Nobodies mugging me off or anyone else for that matter with a brain using logic and common sense.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2022 13:17]

Your constant MLT hatred shows how well your brain and logic response is failing you...he's voicing his opinion .you just want him censored don't you!

Might do you some good to read up on the massive fines dished out to those 5 biggest providers of vaccines detective .if you think they're always working in the best interests of the public you might be sadly disappointed..

Lockdown imminent? on 17:18 - Jan 4 with 1192 viewssaint901

Happy New Year to one and all.

I've just returned from visiting family and found that by a simple internet search, fit to fly and fit to release tests (done this morning in Heathrow) were a reasonable price and easily obtainable. The airline (BA) has an app (Verifly) that if completed correctly - at home in advance of flying - allowed us to go through check in, passport control etc, with no hassle and no inconvenience - both sides of the Atlantic.

I'm also pleased to see a growing scientific view that the Omicron variant is less likely to cause serious disease - although that has to be balanced against its capacity to infect more people. There is consequently a need to suppress this variant and prevent the vulnerable (i.e. all of us, just some more than others) from becoming hospitalised. That means a broad based vaccine initiative.

I'm aware that such a view is not popular with some here.

I've asked before and not had any answer that meets any reasonable test of credibility, the following.

1. Who benefits from a conspiracy to enforce lockdowns?
2. If this is the mysterious and unnamed "elite", who are are they and how do they benefit?
3. If their benefit is money and the ability to acquire more "stuff" and enjoy a better life, given they are also subject to lockdown, where is their benefit?
4. Governments first duty is to protect the people. If this (or any other) Gov't failed to do that, would we be calling for their heads? Yes. So why does "control" benefit this Gov't?
5. Quoting partial or selected statistics without context is not proof of anything. If it is true that vaccines cause more harm than the disease - where are the numbers?

I'm aware that personal agendas are at play here and I'm not expecting any sensible answers to the above.

If sensible answers are unavailable and a personal opinion that we, the great vaxxed are being gulled, is held, why is there any need to be evangelical?

You have a view, we've heard it, some agree, some don't - but we've heard it. Repeating an incorrect or unproven statement does not give it any more weight.
Lockdown imminent? on 09:09 - Jan 5 with 1129 viewsBerber

Lockdown imminent? on 09:35 - Jan 4 by saint68

Apparently now it's day 2 and day 8 PCR tests £79...lateral flow to board the incubator is adequate then PCR upon arrival....another ridiculous regulation...surely a PCR within 48hrs would be better than a lateral flow when boarding what is in essence a flying test tube...

Did you have to use PCR once back in England or lateral flow?

Day 2 was PCR.
Lockdown imminent? on 15:05 - Jan 7 with 1011 viewssaint68

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2022/01/06/mild-omicron-wave-will-bring-cov

Lockdown imminent? on 16:53 - Jan 7 with 948 viewscocklebreath

Lockdown imminent? on 15:05 - Jan 7 by saint68

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2022/01/06/mild-omicron-wave-will-bring-cov

Let’s hope so, it’s quite astonishing how we’re all supposed to isolate in a room on our own when suffering a runny nose

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Lockdown imminent? on 11:28 - Jan 8 with 842 viewsJellybaby

Lockdown imminent? on 01:46 - Jan 3 by DorsetIan

Well this doctor is debating it, but check out the clip soon, before Big Tech take it down under the guise of "misinformation"

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Lockdown imminent? on 11:54 - Jan 8 with 825 viewsSadoldgit

Lockdown imminent? on 11:28 - Jan 8 by Jellybaby

Well this doctor is debating it, but check out the clip soon, before Big Tech take it down under the guise of "misinformation"

Why take it down? It is one point of view that has been heard a number of times but doesn’t alter the fact that we are where we are because of the vaccination programme. Fewer deaths and no lockdown. What he also fails to mention is that the place you were most likely to get Covid was from a hospital. He may have a valid point going forward as the mutations at the moment seem to be less of a health risk for most, but at the height of the initial outbreak I wouldn’t want this guy anywhere near me if I was in hospital.
A doctor v a politician. Perhaps it would make more sense if it was a doctor v a virologist?
[Post edited 8 Jan 2022 12:26]
Lockdown imminent? on 12:33 - Jan 8 with 799 viewsJellybaby

Lockdown imminent? on 17:18 - Jan 4 by saint901

Happy New Year to one and all.

I've just returned from visiting family and found that by a simple internet search, fit to fly and fit to release tests (done this morning in Heathrow) were a reasonable price and easily obtainable. The airline (BA) has an app (Verifly) that if completed correctly - at home in advance of flying - allowed us to go through check in, passport control etc, with no hassle and no inconvenience - both sides of the Atlantic.

I'm also pleased to see a growing scientific view that the Omicron variant is less likely to cause serious disease - although that has to be balanced against its capacity to infect more people. There is consequently a need to suppress this variant and prevent the vulnerable (i.e. all of us, just some more than others) from becoming hospitalised. That means a broad based vaccine initiative.

I'm aware that such a view is not popular with some here.

I've asked before and not had any answer that meets any reasonable test of credibility, the following.

1. Who benefits from a conspiracy to enforce lockdowns?
2. If this is the mysterious and unnamed "elite", who are are they and how do they benefit?
3. If their benefit is money and the ability to acquire more "stuff" and enjoy a better life, given they are also subject to lockdown, where is their benefit?
4. Governments first duty is to protect the people. If this (or any other) Gov't failed to do that, would we be calling for their heads? Yes. So why does "control" benefit this Gov't?
5. Quoting partial or selected statistics without context is not proof of anything. If it is true that vaccines cause more harm than the disease - where are the numbers?

I'm aware that personal agendas are at play here and I'm not expecting any sensible answers to the above.

If sensible answers are unavailable and a personal opinion that we, the great vaxxed are being gulled, is held, why is there any need to be evangelical?

You have a view, we've heard it, some agree, some don't - but we've heard it. Repeating an incorrect or unproven statement does not give it any more weight.

Happy New Year 901.

I think we have gone through these questions before, so no point repeating, but I think many would admit that some things that were considered conspiracies have come to pass or are now considered possibilities, such as the virus "escaping" the Wuhan lab and the introduction of a vaccine pass, that will nudge us towards a biomedical security state.

"Event 201" may tweak your interest; this was an event held in October 2019 jointly funded by The Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security, the World Economic Forum and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to discuss the response to a future pandemic. Interesting timing!

https://www.centerforhealthsecurity.org/event201/

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Lockdown imminent? on 17:09 - Jan 8 with 753 viewsSadoldgit

150,000 deaths now. Nearly the population of Oxford.
Lockdown imminent? on 17:16 - Jan 8 with 743 viewsChesham_Saint

Lockdown imminent? on 17:09 - Jan 8 by Sadoldgit

You clearly don’t hail from Beckenham then Sogs?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Lockdown imminent? on 17:16 - Jan 8 with 743 viewssaint68

So that's 60000 excess deaths last year (2020 without vaccines available
And last year with vaccines (2021)a massive 90000 excess deaths.
That is truly alarming.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2022 17:21]

Lockdown imminent? on 23:56 - Jan 8 with 688 viewsSadoldgit

5.48m deaths worldwide attributed to covid. But keep pushing your conspiracy theories mate.
Lockdown imminent? on 18:07 - Jan 9 with 571 viewsJellybaby

Here is the official video clip for Event 201 held in October 2019 - turns out it is practically a dry run for Covid 19......

Lockdown imminent? on 18:21 - Jan 9 with 559 viewscocklebreath

How many died with it rather than from it? How many were about to drop dead anyway?

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024