Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Double Glazing 12:30 - Jan 6 with 1190 viewsJaySaint

I am thinking of getting my 6-panel bay windows replaced (upstairs and down)
I have requested quotes from 3 different local companies (avoided anglian etc)

How come they can still be wildly different? 2 of the 3 are very similar, where as the 3rd is around £4k more expensive?

How does that work?

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Double Glazing on 12:44 - Jan 6 with 1174 viewsPaleRider

Simple - the expensive company may be very busy or be more focussed on corporate/public sector work. As a result they not want your work. So they price high - if they don't get the job, so be it - if they do get the job it's high margin business. Win win and better than saying no out right.
Double Glazing on 13:58 - Jan 6 with 1106 viewsHeisenberg

Interesting post. Perhaps stick it on the non football page. Along with the Tony Blair one. It’s not difficult.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Double Glazing on 14:01 - Jan 6 with 1095 viewsPatfromPoole

The price of glass has gone up astronomically in the last 6 months.

The cheaper company may have been able to stockpile.

You may be better waiting 12 months for supply chain issues (including driver shortages) to resolve themselves.

Spend it on football instead……

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Double Glazing on 14:17 - Jan 6 with 1072 viewsJaySaint

Double Glazing on 13:58 - Jan 6 by Heisenberg

Interesting post. Perhaps stick it on the non football page. Along with the Tony Blair one. It’s not difficult.

No.

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Double Glazing on 14:27 - Jan 6 with 1064 viewsChesham_Saint

And there’s me thinking this thread was about to develop into a debate about whether SFC can break the glass ceiling in to the top 6….

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Double Glazing on 15:41 - Jan 6 with 987 viewskingslandstand1

We had a conservatory built a few years ago and went to 3. Two came back within a grand or so (prob less that that maybe) and the 3rd (large co.) was about 10k dearer

When going back to the expensive one out of courtesy to say wouldn't be going to them they asked why (understandably). Told them and response was that they would match the cost of other 2! That convinced me def not to go to them! Get the price right to start with!!!

Best bet is check reliable independent references (not ones on their own web site) and gut feeling!
Double Glazing on 16:30 - Jan 6 with 948 viewssolent_toffee

Had mine done just before Christmas, one company came round and gave us a quote that was miles higher than the other two without even measuring any of the windows.

The young lad who did it worked for the family firm and clearly didn’t have a clue. The other two sent people round who had years of experience and clearly knew what they were talking to.

Go for experience rather than sales people.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024