Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pitch inspection 13:42 - Jan 8 with 4296 viewsfrequency

at 2pm

Hate city

Pitch inspection on 13:57 - Jan 8 with 4179 viewsDaleiLama

No footy since b4 Xmas and now this. Just thinking how much I was looking forward to it. Not surprised after the weather we've had. Hope it passes inspection

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Pitch inspection on 14:03 - Jan 8 with 4142 views1907

If this game gets called off it’s an absolute disgrace
Pitch inspection on 14:04 - Jan 8 with 4129 viewsTVOS1907

Currently sat outside the ground. It's not looking hopeful.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Pitch inspection on 14:05 - Jan 8 with 4114 viewsSuddenLad

Oldham just called off. Opponents Sutton and their supporters have also had a hell of a journey.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Pitch inspection on 14:08 - Jan 8 with 4039 viewsfrequency

Another pitch inspection at 2.30

Hate city

Pitch inspection on 14:09 - Jan 8 with 4029 viewsSuddenLad

Further inspection at 2.30. Heavy rain forecast during the game.

Pitch inspection on 14:10 - Jan 8 with 4012 viewsjudd

Come on Robbie, SORT IT OUT

Poll: What is it to be then?

Pitch inspection on 14:18 - Jan 8 with 3852 viewsToffeemanc

Considering we haven’t even tweeted a team for today’s game it’s pretty safe to say it’s going to be another postponement.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Login to get fewer ads

Pitch inspection on 14:20 - Jan 8 with 3824 viewsEllDale

Chairman has tweeted a photo of the team sheet which would have to be handed in by 2.00pm of course.
For what it’s worth there’s no Beesley or Morley.
Could be COVID issues of course.
Pitch inspection on 14:26 - Jan 8 with 3697 views442Dale

Not sure how blame can be apportioned here. Not much Colchester or the ref could have done differently apart from call it off before fans travelled when the pitch might have been fine. Only going off the BBC1 weather last night, heavy rain was forecast to move from west to east, that is what seems to have happened.

The ref is now giving it a chance with more inspections, hopefully that gives their ground staff a chance to get some water off the surface. Whilst appreciating how rubbish it really is for travelling fans, and they’ve every right to be annoyed, what exactly could be done differently?
[Post edited 8 Jan 2022 14:29]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Pitch inspection on 14:33 - Jan 8 with 3515 viewssuffolkdale

Game off!
Pitch inspection on 14:36 - Jan 8 with 3409 viewsdale1968

FFS Big back log of games building up.
Feel sorry for everyone that has made the long long journey.

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Pitch inspection on 14:36 - Jan 8 with 3393 viewsShun

Pitch inspection on 14:33 - Jan 8 by suffolkdale

Game off!

I’m gutted for the fans that have driven down there! Safe travels back.
Pitch inspection on 14:36 - Jan 8 with 3384 viewsDaleiLama

'Kinell

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Pitch inspection on 14:36 - Jan 8 with 3377 viewsSuddenLad

Pitch inspection on 14:26 - Jan 8 by 442Dale

Not sure how blame can be apportioned here. Not much Colchester or the ref could have done differently apart from call it off before fans travelled when the pitch might have been fine. Only going off the BBC1 weather last night, heavy rain was forecast to move from west to east, that is what seems to have happened.

The ref is now giving it a chance with more inspections, hopefully that gives their ground staff a chance to get some water off the surface. Whilst appreciating how rubbish it really is for travelling fans, and they’ve every right to be annoyed, what exactly could be done differently?

Agree. The unpredictable elements will always win in these situations. Ref has a difficult call to make and a postponement is always the very last decision he wants to make.

MATCH OFF

Pitch inspection on 14:38 - Jan 8 with 3337 views1907

Pitch inspection on 14:26 - Jan 8 by 442Dale

I mean there could have been some form of notification that his morning that potentially the game was going to be subject to a pitch inspection it may have allowed some people to rethink they’re travel arrangements.

To first make reference to potential pitch issues at 1.30 is disgraceful.

Interesting how all the Colchester fans are apologising on behalf of their club on Twitter claiming they’re club is a joke…
Pitch inspection on 14:42 - Jan 8 with 3211 views442Dale

Pitch inspection on 14:38 - Jan 8 by 1907

I mean there could have been some form of notification that his morning that potentially the game was going to be subject to a pitch inspection it may have allowed some people to rethink they’re travel arrangements.

To first make reference to potential pitch issues at 1.30 is disgraceful.

Interesting how all the Colchester fans are apologising on behalf of their club on Twitter claiming they’re club is a joke…

Knowing some fans who travelled were concerned because of the forecast, there was always a chance. If the rain arrived and there was then a doubt, they should indeed have informed fans immediately. That said, they still have it every chance and it’s doubtful many on their way would have turned round.

It’s awful for those who did go, but apart from that initial timing of communicating the doubt, they did as much as they could it seems - based on the info we have of course, there may be more to come. Certainly the pitch looked to be in good shape if it hadn’t rained.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Pitch inspection on 14:46 - Jan 8 with 3127 viewsborodale

Will the club be compensated for travel etc under these circumstances??
Pitch inspection on 14:49 - Jan 8 with 3070 viewsjonahwhereru

As the crow flies I live about 25 miles from Colchester. Would have been hugely surprised if this could have been called of before the team travelled and still surprised if it could have been called of this morning. Yes we have had constant rain this morning but it never crossed my mind that it might be in jeopardy. The rain is expected to move through before five, but clearly to late.
Ahhh!
Pitch inspection on 14:55 - Jan 8 with 2972 viewsYorkshire_Dale

How disappointing for our travelling fans......proper poo. Safe journey back.

Burnley knocked out of FA Cup.......Hudds winner from Matty Pearson, is that the guy who played for us some seasons back?
Pitch inspection on 14:57 - Jan 8 with 2941 views1907

The pitch looks fine on all pitches I’ve seen circulating?
Pitch inspection on 15:36 - Jan 8 with 2704 viewskrafty80

I'm a Dale fan in the London area who doesn't drive. I was on a bus passing Colchester hospital car park when the game was called off. I don't mind (and often quite enjoy) the logistical challenge of getting to games at stadiums which have locked in car dependency, but on days like today it's absolutely awful. Cue 25 min walk back into town. Ironically as I look out of the train window, the clouds over Colchester are rapidly dispersing. Very frustrating to put it mildly. Days like today bring home the old 'life sentence' metaphor. Robbie must be fuming!
Pitch inspection on 08:28 - Jan 9 with 2265 viewsRodingdale

We travelled from West Essex so only an hour drive, but still v disappointing. We spoke to Dale fans who had driven down from Rochdale and another couple who’d come from Worcester. I have to say there was a distinct air from Colchester of not being arsed whether it was on or not. I living not too far away there was rain in the morning but not the kind of rain that makes you think it might be off, spray and light rain. At the time of the postponement it was not raining and it didn’t rain waiting in the car park for 30 mins after nor did it rain again all afternoon. To 442s question- what else could be done - the answer is just play the game, the pitch was fine, yes wet but come on there wouldn’t have been any games most Januaries if we abandoned games because the pitch was wet. If it’s the case they had covers and failed to use them then fines should applied. It’s the second late abandonment we’ve had at Colchester - but the last time it was the old Layer Road ground. Makes me wonder if it’s the mentality of those running the club not a bit of rain. You would have expected a new ground to have a raised pitch, but it doesn’t seem to be the case. I’m afraid all this is again a case of disrespect towards fans, it’s a growing theme and highlighted again with similar shenanigans at Dover yesterday.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024