Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boris and the "Party" Party 13:47 - Jan 13 with 12425 viewsBerber

Like him or loathe him, they have called the Omicron wave far better than Duffer Drakeford, The Wild Witch and Sleepy (Yawn) Starmer. The benefits of this far outweigh the negatives of the lockdown breaches (but no doubt the kiddies will cling on to the "Miss, he did this to me" approach). Both Norway and Netherlands have reported that low single digit percentages of people in CC have Omicron. Milder complications and shorter hospital stays.

Don't expect the NHS to be waving this particular flag, but I bet Boris will be on it pretty soon and like magic, the party allegations will shrink into the background.

And I'm not even a Boris supporter.
Boris and the "Party" Party on 21:11 - Jan 26 with 1288 viewssaint68

Boris and the "Party" Party on 21:06 - Jan 26 by grumpy

How many votes have been tabled for a vote of no confidence in him by the Tories?

Grumps.. he's simply not being put under enough relentless pressure by the opposition to make that happen..Boris is the Goalkeeper he's sat in the stands behind the goal and the opposition still can't fukin score...he's there to be crucified and Starmer just stares on whilst holding his crutch...

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Boris and the "Party" Party on 21:18 - Jan 26 with 1282 viewsgrumpy

Boris and the "Party" Party on 21:11 - Jan 26 by saint68

Grumps.. he's simply not being put under enough relentless pressure by the opposition to make that happen..Boris is the Goalkeeper he's sat in the stands behind the goal and the opposition still can't fukin score...he's there to be crucified and Starmer just stares on whilst holding his crutch...

Whenever he gets any pressure he calls for an inquiry that drags on or try's to change the rules.
Lets not forget that there is supposed to be inquiry on the handling of the pandemic in the initial stages that conveniently was put off last year till this spring.
Boris and the "Party" Party on 21:26 - Jan 26 with 1275 viewssaint68

Boris and the "Party" Party on 21:18 - Jan 26 by grumpy

Whenever he gets any pressure he calls for an inquiry that drags on or try's to change the rules.
Lets not forget that there is supposed to be inquiry on the handling of the pandemic in the initial stages that conveniently was put off last year till this spring.

He's simply not being held to account by an opposition with a decent leader. Starmer just gazes on wondering when it will all fold in on Boris. He should be stood above him shovelling in the earth by now...its that bloody simple...hes not bulletproof or coated in Teflon..he's an idiot being given a free ride by an opposition that can't break him down and garner available suport from a party that wants rid of the Buffoon...its farcical Grumps.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2022 21:27]

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Boris and the "Party" Party on 21:40 - Jan 26 with 1227 viewsSadoldgit

Boris and the "Party" Party on 21:26 - Jan 26 by saint68

He's simply not being held to account by an opposition with a decent leader. Starmer just gazes on wondering when it will all fold in on Boris. He should be stood above him shovelling in the earth by now...its that bloody simple...hes not bulletproof or coated in Teflon..he's an idiot being given a free ride by an opposition that can't break him down and garner available suport from a party that wants rid of the Buffoon...its farcical Grumps.

He isn’t being given a free ride at all. I don’t know what you have been watching but I have seen Starmer, his MPs and all of the other opposition MPs (including some Tories) wading in to Johnson for months. Starmer and Labour are not in a position to oust Johnson yet as well you know. Only the Tories can do that. Let’s see how the next by-elections go shall we? Perhaps instead of laying the blame at Starmer’s feet you should look at those keeping Johnson in a job and making apologies for him?
Boris and the "Party" Party on 22:05 - Jan 26 with 1239 viewsButty101

Boris and the "Party" Party on 21:26 - Jan 26 by saint68

Absolutely weak opposition not holding him to account. The politicians are an embarrassment and none of them are worthy.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Boris and the "Party" Party on 09:02 - Jan 27 with 1146 viewsBison

Boris and the "Party" Party on 21:40 - Jan 26 by Sadoldgit

He isn’t being given a free ride at all. I don’t know what you have been watching but I have seen Starmer, his MPs and all of the other opposition MPs (including some Tories) wading in to Johnson for months. Starmer and Labour are not in a position to oust Johnson yet as well you know. Only the Tories can do that. Let’s see how the next by-elections go shall we? Perhaps instead of laying the blame at Starmer’s feet you should look at those keeping Johnson in a job and making apologies for him?

Turkeys don't vote for Christmas SoG's , you have got to catch'em , pluck'em and stick them in the oven. Starmer is running around with his shoe laces tied together.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Boris and the "Party" Party on 09:35 - Jan 27 with 1126 viewsgrumpy

I love the way some are blaming Starmer for the state we are in.
Boris and the "Party" Party on 10:57 - Jan 27 with 1103 viewsHeisenberg

I watched question time for the first time in years yesterday and switched off after 10 minutes. What a bunch of wasters politicians are. All the here here here and false laughing bollox. If any of them behaved the way they do in a real place of work they would be asked to leave. And what do some of them look like. There is one who wears a wig so badly fitted he looks like an overgrown 6 year old wearing a suit.

Starmer is no show man so is seen as weak. Seems a nice bloke but is hardly inspiring. Johnson is a lying joker with a load of oddballs behind him clapping like demented seals asking for a fish everyone time he waffles on or cracks some shite joke. What a choice.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Login to get fewer ads

Boris and the "Party" Party on 11:17 - Jan 27 with 1078 viewsSadoldgit

Boris and the "Party" Party on 09:35 - Jan 27 by grumpy

I love the way some are blaming Starmer for the state we are in.

It is called deflection. If Starmer gets elected and makes a pigs ear of it, then he deserves flak. Until then he is in no position to do anything other than to show up Johnson as the charlatan he is, which he does frequently. Johnson must be praying that Putin invades the Ukraine so he can use that as an excuse for more delays to his execution. I feel sorry for Starmer. He gets critisised for not holding Johnson to account and criticised for holding him to account. Not sure what he is supposed to do?
Boris and the "Party" Party on 12:25 - Jan 27 with 1061 viewsDorsetIan

Boris and the "Party" Party on 11:17 - Jan 27 by Sadoldgit

It is called deflection. If Starmer gets elected and makes a pigs ear of it, then he deserves flak. Until then he is in no position to do anything other than to show up Johnson as the charlatan he is, which he does frequently. Johnson must be praying that Putin invades the Ukraine so he can use that as an excuse for more delays to his execution. I feel sorry for Starmer. He gets critisised for not holding Johnson to account and criticised for holding him to account. Not sure what he is supposed to do?

Bad idea for Johnson to pin his hopes on Putin.

Thatcher was able to turn things around in '82 by sending a task force to take back the Falklands.

I doubt slapping on some ineffectual sanctions, while watching Russia tanks occupy the streets of Kiev is going to have the same galvanising effect on the electorate.

And that assuming that he or Truss doesn't otherwise f*ck the whole thing up somehow which, going on form, is the more likely outcome.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Boris and the "Party" Party on 13:13 - Jan 27 with 1048 viewsPaleRider

Boris and the "Party" Party on 12:25 - Jan 27 by DorsetIan

Bad idea for Johnson to pin his hopes on Putin.

Thatcher was able to turn things around in '82 by sending a task force to take back the Falklands.

I doubt slapping on some ineffectual sanctions, while watching Russia tanks occupy the streets of Kiev is going to have the same galvanising effect on the electorate.

And that assuming that he or Truss doesn't otherwise f*ck the whole thing up somehow which, going on form, is the more likely outcome.

I'm sure Putin is quaking in his boots about any action the con man and the dotard have in mind!
Boris and the "Party" Party on 13:17 - Jan 27 with 1048 viewsBazza

Boris and the "Party" Party on 11:17 - Jan 27 by Sadoldgit

Starmer could stop contstant whining on about the 'parties' when everyone knows the review is well underway. He could start making some practical suggestions about NI, controlling inflation, Holocaust Memorial, Brexit and the Ukraine.
Boris and the "Party" Party on 13:37 - Jan 27 with 1019 viewsSadoldgit

Boris and the "Party" Party on 13:17 - Jan 27 by Bazza

Starmer could stop contstant whining on about the 'parties' when everyone knows the review is well underway. He could start making some practical suggestions about NI, controlling inflation, Holocaust Memorial, Brexit and the Ukraine.

He could but that isn’t going to keep up the pressure that people tell him he must be keeping on the PM. Don’t you think that they have there own ideas about these things and are in discussions? We all know PMQ is just for show.
I have just spent some time reading post elsewhere trying to play down what has happened. Apparently it is no big deal to spend 10 minutes eating cake with 30 other people indoors but people were not allowed to spend 10 minutes alone with their loved ones to say goodbye when they died. On what planet is this acceptable? The PM is a national joke and Starmer can call him out all day long for his breech if the law as far as I am concerned. Putin isn’t going to halt his invasion of Ukraine just because Starmer says something in the Commons, but hopefully this relentless pressure will see Johnson out. It is clear he is just trying to bluster his way out of it as usual and drags it out as long as possible in the hope people will forget it and move on.
Boris and the "Party" Party on 15:42 - Jan 27 with 1021 viewsBazza

Boris and the "Party" Party on 13:37 - Jan 27 by Sadoldgit

He could but that isn’t going to keep up the pressure that people tell him he must be keeping on the PM. Don’t you think that they have there own ideas about these things and are in discussions? We all know PMQ is just for show.
I have just spent some time reading post elsewhere trying to play down what has happened. Apparently it is no big deal to spend 10 minutes eating cake with 30 other people indoors but people were not allowed to spend 10 minutes alone with their loved ones to say goodbye when they died. On what planet is this acceptable? The PM is a national joke and Starmer can call him out all day long for his breech if the law as far as I am concerned. Putin isn’t going to halt his invasion of Ukraine just because Starmer says something in the Commons, but hopefully this relentless pressure will see Johnson out. It is clear he is just trying to bluster his way out of it as usual and drags it out as long as possible in the hope people will forget it and move on.

Can’t argue with most of that in principle but I guess I’m just totally bored with the topic and hope it’s resolved one way or another soon.
Boris and the "Party" Party on 16:52 - Jan 27 with 989 viewsBerber

Boris and the "Party" Party on 13:37 - Jan 27 by Sadoldgit

I think that people think getting the sack is a suitable punishment for almost any misdemeanour. It is not. It is massively over the top in my book. Getting the sack or being forced to resign for breaking Covid guidelines is a joke, same as getting points on your driving license. Doing harm to other people is a real matter for concern. You have already judged that BJ has broken the law, like just about everyone who doesn't like him. I thought you had worked in the justice system, are these the values that apply there? If so, it is no wonder ordinary folk are disillusioned with it.

The Labout Party are making idiots of themselves over this matter. As to "Having discussions amongst themselves" What good will that do, the country needs strong, viable political leadership, not throwing stones at a moving target. Corbyn, for all his faults would have had him pinned against the wall.
Boris and the "Party" Party on 17:18 - Jan 27 with 980 viewssaint901

Starmer's job is to provide a credible Opposition, critically examining the Gov'ts action and holding up to the light errors, misjudgments and situations in which the Tories are acting for themselves and not the country.

Instead he is involved in a Punch and Judy exchange with somebody who has no shame and cannot be harmed with words and who has no remorse over his actions. He is backed by a bunch of braying fools who will do anything to keep him in power because he is the only individual in his party who is vaguely electable.

Starmer needs to stop the "oh yes he is" (because all it gets is "oh no he's not) and focus on exposing some of the many defects perpetrated by this Gov't.

A random selection. Contracts to buddies; NIC rises after promising no tax increases; pensions for women underpaid; Post Office scandal that has cost lives; gerrymandering on the HS2 route; airport expansion farce (pretty sure Johnson said he would resign if that happened).

The sad reality is that the power to remove Johnson is in the hands of the Tory Party and they are scared that Truss/Gove/Raab/Sunak will be seen by the public as not PM material and all of them might be seen as less preferable than Starmer.
Boris and the "Party" Party on 18:16 - Jan 27 with 950 viewsBison

If the Labour party and many on here are saying its not Starmers fault Boris is still PM and are relying on the Tories to get rid of him then you are deluded and barking mad.

You really expect the Tories to get rid of their own PM now that the party gate furore is old news ? On a similar note you have a faction of the Labour party saying that they would never accept any Tory defectors to Labour , does that extend to Tory voters defecting to Labour ?

Boris and the "Party" Party on 18:21 - Jan 27 with 948 viewsgrumpy

Boris and the "Party" Party on 17:18 - Jan 27 by saint901

Starmer's job is to provide a credible Opposition, critically examining the Gov'ts action and holding up to the light errors, misjudgments and situations in which the Tories are acting for themselves and not the country.

Instead he is involved in a Punch and Judy exchange with somebody who has no shame and cannot be harmed with words and who has no remorse over his actions. He is backed by a bunch of braying fools who will do anything to keep him in power because he is the only individual in his party who is vaguely electable.

Starmer needs to stop the "oh yes he is" (because all it gets is "oh no he's not) and focus on exposing some of the many defects perpetrated by this Gov't.

A random selection. Contracts to buddies; NIC rises after promising no tax increases; pensions for women underpaid; Post Office scandal that has cost lives; gerrymandering on the HS2 route; airport expansion farce (pretty sure Johnson said he would resign if that happened).

The sad reality is that the power to remove Johnson is in the hands of the Tory Party and they are scared that Truss/Gove/Raab/Sunak will be seen by the public as not PM material and all of them might be seen as less preferable than Starmer.

'Starmer's job is to provide a credible Opposition, critically examining the Gov'ts action and holding up to the light errors, misjudgements and situations in which the Tories are acting for themselves and not the country'

That is exactly what he is doing, but we have a prime minister with a huge majority behaving like a clown with his seals all clapping him.
Boris and the "Party" Party on 19:20 - Jan 27 with 919 viewsBison

Boris and the "Party" Party on 18:21 - Jan 27 by grumpy

'Starmer's job is to provide a credible Opposition, critically examining the Gov'ts action and holding up to the light errors, misjudgements and situations in which the Tories are acting for themselves and not the country'

That is exactly what he is doing, but we have a prime minister with a huge majority behaving like a clown with his seals all clapping him.

Grumps you have been around the block once or twice and have a lot more experience of politics than me , so if we play Fantasy politics which ones stick out in your mind who given the current situation would you want to best Boris ?

Can be any Party , for me I would say if you had Churchill instead of Kier. So this is not party lines , its to get rid of the fool PM. Blair talked the talk .

Boris and the "Party" Party on 22:00 - Jan 27 with 888 viewsgrumpy

Boris and the "Party" Party on 19:20 - Jan 27 by Bison

Grumps you have been around the block once or twice and have a lot more experience of politics than me , so if we play Fantasy politics which ones stick out in your mind who given the current situation would you want to best Boris ?

Can be any Party , for me I would say if you had Churchill instead of Kier. So this is not party lines , its to get rid of the fool PM. Blair talked the talk .

Bison, party politics aside, Thatcher was an impressive leader. I didn't agree with a lot of her home polices but she could be a devastating opponent at the dispatch box.

Blair would have destroyed Boris, there is no doubt in mind about that.
Its a shame he got so involved in the Iraq war as it has tainted peoples memory of the way he ran the country

If you have time watch Blair deal with Farage at the EU.

Keir Starmer comes across as a decent man who started life as the son of a Nurse and a Toolmaker. He may not come across as a charismatic, flamboyant leader but he would be a decent one. Have a look at his Shadow Cabinet and look at Boris's. Who could you see running the country when Boris goes, and there in lies the problem.

Boris has to go but who replaces him?

With a huge majority its the Tories who have to make that decision.
Boris and the "Party" Party on 22:48 - Jan 27 with 857 viewsDorsetIan

Boris and the "Party" Party on 16:52 - Jan 27 by Berber

I think that people think getting the sack is a suitable punishment for almost any misdemeanour. It is not. It is massively over the top in my book. Getting the sack or being forced to resign for breaking Covid guidelines is a joke, same as getting points on your driving license. Doing harm to other people is a real matter for concern. You have already judged that BJ has broken the law, like just about everyone who doesn't like him. I thought you had worked in the justice system, are these the values that apply there? If so, it is no wonder ordinary folk are disillusioned with it.

The Labout Party are making idiots of themselves over this matter. As to "Having discussions amongst themselves" What good will that do, the country needs strong, viable political leadership, not throwing stones at a moving target. Corbyn, for all his faults would have had him pinned against the wall.

Boris will continue with his bluster but everyone knows he's been lying through his teeth about the parties and many other things, and everyone knows that he doesn't think normal rules apply to him (something which has been known about him since his school days).

And not doing the decent thing and resigning when he should just confirms that he thinks the rules don't apply to him. And people don't like politician who take the piss.

He might ride out this storm and persuade his cowardly MPs not to kick him out, but he's fooling fewer and fewer people in the country and unless he can pull some sort of economic miracle out of the hat to reverse increased prices and reduced living standards, he's prospects don't look good to me.

I'd like to see him out amongst the public at the moment - see what sort of reception he gets.

Boris and the "Party" Party on 08:59 - Jan 28 with 781 viewssaint901

Now we see revealed the means by which the Sue Gray report will be emasculated.

The Met has apparently asked her to be light on detail for those events that they are investigating.

Given that they're only investigating because of the evidence Sue Gray found, it appears that the Tories have found a nice little closed loop that means we may not know the details for months.

Long grass firmly found.
Boris and the "Party" Party on 10:21 - Jan 28 with 750 viewsDorsetIan

Boris and the "Party" Party on 08:59 - Jan 28 by saint901

Now we see revealed the means by which the Sue Gray report will be emasculated.

The Met has apparently asked her to be light on detail for those events that they are investigating.

Given that they're only investigating because of the evidence Sue Gray found, it appears that the Tories have found a nice little closed loop that means we may not know the details for months.

Long grass firmly found.

Except that these Covid breaching offences are typically dealt with by plod issuing fixed penalty notices. i.e. not that much scrutiny involved, no need for an extensive investigation, referral to CPS etc.

And there probably is an issue around prejudicing the investigation (no matter how quick it is).

Sue Gray will also realise the stupidity in releasing a report in which all the critical stuff is cut out, and may prefer to wait.

If Met take too long over all this then I will smell something fishy. For the moment, I am happy to wait.

Hit Johnson with full weight of complete Gray report and a few fixed penalty notices at the same time next week.

Boris and the "Party" Party on 10:48 - Jan 28 with 730 viewsSadoldgit

Boris and the "Party" Party on 22:00 - Jan 27 by grumpy

Bison, party politics aside, Thatcher was an impressive leader. I didn't agree with a lot of her home polices but she could be a devastating opponent at the dispatch box.

Blair would have destroyed Boris, there is no doubt in mind about that.
Its a shame he got so involved in the Iraq war as it has tainted peoples memory of the way he ran the country

If you have time watch Blair deal with Farage at the EU.

Keir Starmer comes across as a decent man who started life as the son of a Nurse and a Toolmaker. He may not come across as a charismatic, flamboyant leader but he would be a decent one. Have a look at his Shadow Cabinet and look at Boris's. Who could you see running the country when Boris goes, and there in lies the problem.

Boris has to go but who replaces him?

With a huge majority its the Tories who have to make that decision.

Spot on re Starmer. What he lacks in charisma he makes up for with decency and integrity. He is also very bright. We need someone like him to rebuild the country post Brexit, covid and the economic mess that is about to descend on us this year. The clueless chump with the toddlers haircut has done his job but it is now time for the grown ups to take over. I want a leader who understands what the problems are and fixes them, not a performing seal who just plays to the crowds whilstvfeatheting his own nest. I don’t agree about Thatcher. Good leaders unite. If anyone divided this country it was her. It is all very well commanding the dispatch box but when half the country would rather you were dead there is clearly a problem.
Boris and the "Party" Party on 10:56 - Jan 28 with 727 viewsSadoldgit

Well what a surprise!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60166997.amp
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024