Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Sue Gray Report 11:53 - Jan 20 with 3976 viewsSadoldgit

So what do we think? Will it bury Johnson or allow him to wriggle off the hook? My thinking is it will be the latter. It will be vague enough to allow him to pin the blame on a few of the people who he joined the work do/party to thank for their hard work. They will be thrown under the bus to save Johnson’s career. No bad thing really (although not great for the country or for the scapegoats). The longer he stays in post now the more the anger will fester and, hopefully, the stronger the opposition will become. More and more people who have been in denial about him and his behaviour are now seeing him for what he is - another Trump with an over inflated ego and no self awareness or care for the people he is paid to represent. It is all about Boris. What a total plum this bloke is. He would rather cling on embarrassingly to power than let someone with a semblance of competence take over and help us navigate out of this mess.
The Sue Gray Report on 12:27 - Jan 20 with 2784 viewsExBaselSaint

Just be careful what you wish for.
Steer Karma's Labour Party are a barely reformed incarnation of the insane Corbynista version, no where near fit to govern.
Anyway the infantilised and hysterical HOC spectacle yesterday actually seems to have helped Big Dog.
Long may he bark.
The Sue Gray Report on 12:29 - Jan 20 with 2779 viewsButty101

The country is crying out for a strong opposition party that puts him to the sword. Unfortunately labour are not it and will lead to Boris getting a 2nd term

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

The Sue Gray Report on 13:01 - Jan 20 with 2739 viewsSalisburySaint

The Sue Gray Report on 12:29 - Jan 20 by Butty101

The country is crying out for a strong opposition party that puts him to the sword. Unfortunately labour are not it and will lead to Boris getting a 2nd term

Tend to disagree on your point about Boris staying in office, I think this will open the door to Labour, even though they are not as strong as they should be

so please keep Boris in post, as im sure more and more of his lies will become exposed in next few years
[Post edited 20 Jan 2022 13:07]
The Sue Gray Report on 13:11 - Jan 20 with 2720 viewsDorsetIan

I am past caring whether it's helpful or not helpful for Johnson to continue as PM.

Notwithstanding that I am a pinko, cry-baby remoaner, I do have a sense of pride in this country and amongst the things I am most proud of is that we are a long established democracy, with an independent judiciary and a free press. I also think that, by and large, we are an honest and tolerant lot who don't like cheating.

Johnson is an incorrigible liar, who is all about privilege, patronage, and bombastic waffle.

He is personally so far from representing the good things about this country that I just want him and his useless band of hangers-on gone. Sooner the better.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

The Sue Gray Report on 13:34 - Jan 20 with 2693 viewssaint901

It's never a good look if a party in power remove their leader and install another. Unless there is advantage in having Rishi or some other type in that seat, the regardless of the Sue Gray report, enough sycophants will rally round to keep him in place.

The next political phase is one of recovery (society and economy) and that needs a leader. What's more a leader who is not afraid to be front and centre (i.e. no shame) and Boris fits that. Can you imagine one of the grey suit types doing that?

I think the report will say that some (perhaps all) of the gatherings were in breach of at least the spirit of the rules (and perhaps the actual rules) but that Boris was not responsible for them directly. The culture within the workplace (10 Downing St) was at fault and he will take some blame for that - but will promise a "review" and throw a few crumbs to the red tops.

The words in the report will be cherry picked to say he was innocent (remember Trump claiming that a report exonerated him when in fact it said the opposite?) and he will launch even more feel good policies.

Yesterday on Newsnight a Labour MP denied that Starmer wanted Boris to stay to the next election but you could see her nose growing.
The Sue Gray Report on 15:36 - Jan 20 with 2594 viewsHeisenberg

The Sue Gray Report on 13:34 - Jan 20 by saint901

It's never a good look if a party in power remove their leader and install another. Unless there is advantage in having Rishi or some other type in that seat, the regardless of the Sue Gray report, enough sycophants will rally round to keep him in place.

The next political phase is one of recovery (society and economy) and that needs a leader. What's more a leader who is not afraid to be front and centre (i.e. no shame) and Boris fits that. Can you imagine one of the grey suit types doing that?

I think the report will say that some (perhaps all) of the gatherings were in breach of at least the spirit of the rules (and perhaps the actual rules) but that Boris was not responsible for them directly. The culture within the workplace (10 Downing St) was at fault and he will take some blame for that - but will promise a "review" and throw a few crumbs to the red tops.

The words in the report will be cherry picked to say he was innocent (remember Trump claiming that a report exonerated him when in fact it said the opposite?) and he will launch even more feel good policies.

Yesterday on Newsnight a Labour MP denied that Starmer wanted Boris to stay to the next election but you could see her nose growing.

As we hopefully move into the post covid recovery phase I totally agree. This country needs someone we can all get behind in charge. Someone we can trust, who has had an affair when his wife was pregnant. Someone who has been sacked from two previous jobs for lying or can talk about peppa pig to the captains of UK industry. A man who set the rules for us all to follow but doesn’t feel he needs to follow them himself. It’s what the country deserves.

Irrespective of your political colours this pathetic lying clown is taking us for fools whilst at the same time making this country a laughing stock around the world.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

The Sue Gray Report on 16:19 - Jan 20 with 2553 viewsPaleRider

The Sue Gray Report on 15:36 - Jan 20 by Heisenberg

As we hopefully move into the post covid recovery phase I totally agree. This country needs someone we can all get behind in charge. Someone we can trust, who has had an affair when his wife was pregnant. Someone who has been sacked from two previous jobs for lying or can talk about peppa pig to the captains of UK industry. A man who set the rules for us all to follow but doesn’t feel he needs to follow them himself. It’s what the country deserves.

Irrespective of your political colours this pathetic lying clown is taking us for fools whilst at the same time making this country a laughing stock around the world.

I ten to agree with your second sentence. My old-fashioned view is that people who put themselves in a position to lead need to set an example.

What really gets me is the pathetic toadying of some of the hangers on. When things go wrong these people will be the loudest denouncers.

It's not all black and white but when people talk about the good things (eg the vaccine rollout) they also tend not to talk about the high death rates, the chaotic withdrawal from Afghanistan or the impending cost of living crisis.

Rant over!
The Sue Gray Report on 17:34 - Jan 20 with 2498 viewsBerber

The Sue Gray Report on 12:29 - Jan 20 by Butty101

Spot on, Starmer and the majority of the UK media are just not up to it. Surprisingly, it is The Telegraph that is leading with many of the stories. They must really want David Davies, (hoho).
Login to get fewer ads

The Sue Gray Report on 17:56 - Jan 20 with 2485 viewsSadoldgit

The Sue Gray Report on 17:34 - Jan 20 by Berber

Spot on, Starmer and the majority of the UK media are just not up to it. Surprisingly, it is The Telegraph that is leading with many of the stories. They must really want David Davies, (hoho).

I’m not sure what else Starmer is supposed to do? He has constantly shown Johnson up in Parliament and is clearly the grown up in the room. He may lack charisma but he is a bright man and has more integrity in his little finger than the whole of the Tory front bench put together.
The Sue Gray Report on 18:09 - Jan 20 with 2468 viewsBettwsresident

I'm just waiting for the "50 shades of Gray" front page.

It will not hold anyone to account and will be interpreted and probably edited before it it is released. My prediction is that Gray will resign after its edited publication.
The Sue Gray Report on 18:25 - Jan 20 with 2458 viewskernow

The findings of this so-called investigation and report will probably be that he won't emerge squeaky clean that's for sure. Doubtless the old adage that sh1t rolls downhill will prevail.
Not a whitewash, more of a Graywash
Sorry about that. 😟
The Sue Gray Report on 21:57 - Jan 20 with 2394 viewsDorsetIan

The only people who can get rid of Johnson at the moment are:

1. Himself - but he has no shame or honour, so is never going to fall on his sword; or

2. The Tory Party - and so many of them are unprincipled and self-interested cowards. They'll get there in the end though.

Everyone else just needs to keep plugging away at highlighting what a useless cnt he is. More and more people are seeing through the pantomime facade.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

The Sue Gray Report on 23:52 - Jan 20 with 2338 viewsButty101

How long has Starmer been in charge now 2 years? He comes across as all the personality of John mayor. I couldn’t tell you what he stands for as he’s all ways sat on the fence.
If labour don’t win the next election they never will

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

The Sue Gray Report on 23:57 - Jan 20 with 2333 views1885_SFC

Kier Starmer describes his father as a Toolmaker.

We could have told him that.

Old School is Cool

The Sue Gray Report on 09:03 - Jan 21 with 2250 viewsSadoldgit

The Sue Gray Report on 23:52 - Jan 20 by Butty101

How long has Starmer been in charge now 2 years? He comes across as all the personality of John mayor. I couldn’t tell you what he stands for as he’s all ways sat on the fence.
If labour don’t win the next election they never will

Of course they will. There will be a manifesto and an election campaign. But at the moment all he needs to do is sit back and let the Tories hang themselves.
The Sue Gray Report on 13:24 - Jan 22 with 2129 viewsScoot

The Sue Gray Report on 09:03 - Jan 21 by Sadoldgit

Of course they will. There will be a manifesto and an election campaign. But at the moment all he needs to do is sit back and let the Tories hang themselves.

It won't matter. The report goes to the buffoon and he'll only release the bits he thinks show he's inocent. The people get the gvnts the deserve. If you voted for this shower if shitte then don't whinge if you're worse of, which you are. I also think Starmer is weak and tory light but whats the alternative? Another four years of billionaires telling us they have our best interest at heart. If you have a small business then voted out of the EU and are now struggling like the farmers whose crops are rotting in the fields because no one wants to pick them or a fishermen that can sell your catch then hard luck or you're waiting for your op but can't get it because all the Drs and nurses have gone home then all I can say is tuff shitte.

Poll: Should NJ go?

The Sue Gray Report on 13:53 - Jan 31 with 1959 viewsSadoldgit

Delivered to Downing Street this morning and Johnson to address Parliament at 3:30pm today.
The Sue Gray Report on 14:08 - Jan 31 with 1929 viewsdirk_doone

As one of the most dishonest characters to ever be prime minister, Boris will do whatever it takes to cling on. Any sections incriminating him will be redacted, supposedly because of the police enquiry, which will then declare him innocent He might sacrifice one or two of his minions though, as he will stab anyone in the back.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

The Sue Gray Report on 14:27 - Jan 31 with 1903 viewsSadoldgit

The Sue Gray Report on 14:08 - Jan 31 by dirk_doone

As one of the most dishonest characters to ever be prime minister, Boris will do whatever it takes to cling on. Any sections incriminating him will be redacted, supposedly because of the police enquiry, which will then declare him innocent He might sacrifice one or two of his minions though, as he will stab anyone in the back.

My thinking too. He will escape anything incriminating in this version, throw an underling or two under the bus and carry on as usual until the next scandal.
It appears that yet another party has come to light. Sue Gray was informed yesterday that Carrie Johnson threw a celebratory party in Downing St the night that Cummings left office.
The Sue Gray Report on 14:33 - Jan 31 with 1900 viewsdirk_doone

The Sue Gray Report on 14:27 - Jan 31 by Sadoldgit

My thinking too. He will escape anything incriminating in this version, throw an underling or two under the bus and carry on as usual until the next scandal.
It appears that yet another party has come to light. Sue Gray was informed yesterday that Carrie Johnson threw a celebratory party in Downing St the night that Cummings left office.

Yes, they were playing the Abba song. "The winner takes it all" on repeat, to celebrate Carrie seizing control of the country from Cummings.

The Sue Gray Report on 14:48 - Jan 31 with 1882 viewsPaleRider

In case any of you are wondering why this is at all important:

https://blogs.sussex.ac.uk/centre-for-the-study-of-corruption/2022/01/31/what-do
The Sue Gray Report on 15:42 - Jan 31 with 1847 viewsdirk_doone

"Failure of leadership" but "the report does not contain direct criticism of Boris Johnson" Any direct references to him will have been removed because of the Met investigation.

He's going to wheedle his way out of this.

"It's going well. It's very well organised":

[Post edited 31 Jan 2022 15:44]

The Sue Gray Report on 16:41 - Jan 31 with 1792 viewsBazza

The Sue Gray Report on 15:42 - Jan 31 by dirk_doone

"Failure of leadership" but "the report does not contain direct criticism of Boris Johnson" Any direct references to him will have been removed because of the Met investigation.

He's going to wheedle his way out of this.

"It's going well. It's very well organised":

[Post edited 31 Jan 2022 15:44]

Well Boris is supposed to be our leader, so isn't 'Failure of Leadership' direct criticism enough?
The Gray report takes just a few weeks, the Met police will need months, really!
In any case there's no corruption mentioned. Think someone here got their anti-govt. specs clouded over.
The Sue Gray Report on 16:45 - Jan 31 with 1785 viewsSadoldgit

So having said that he would take full responsibility it pretty clear that if he did he would have resigned by now. He will hang on until the police conclude their investigation in which time he will have found another way to wiggle off the hook. What’s the latest bol locks? Unleashing the full benefits of Brexit? Why only now? Couldn’t we have done with those much earlier (whatever they are).
As for the NI increases. Instead of clobbering us normal working people again, perhaps he could have used the £350m a week to support the NHS and social care reforms as per his infamous election pledge in the side of a bus?
The Sue Gray Report on 17:01 - Jan 31 with 1767 viewsPaleRider

The Sue Gray Report on 16:45 - Jan 31 by Sadoldgit

So having said that he would take full responsibility it pretty clear that if he did he would have resigned by now. He will hang on until the police conclude their investigation in which time he will have found another way to wiggle off the hook. What’s the latest bol locks? Unleashing the full benefits of Brexit? Why only now? Couldn’t we have done with those much earlier (whatever they are).
As for the NI increases. Instead of clobbering us normal working people again, perhaps he could have used the £350m a week to support the NHS and social care reforms as per his infamous election pledge in the side of a bus?

It's not worth stressing yourself about this. The stench of corruption is almost over-powering. You have to strongly question the role of the Met in all of this as well as the toadying Tories. Whatever your politics (and I vote for neither Conservative nor Labour - in fact no party represents my views) we are being dragged into a cesspit and what really upsets me is how many voters don't seem at all worried by this. It's summed up by a phrase I heard recently - "if they lie about the small things, what do they do about the big things?". I guess we get the government we deserve.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024