Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dele Alli 17:07 - Jan 25 with 3456 viewsSadoldgit

Rumours starting to appear that we have expressed an interest in him.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2022 17:09]
Dele Alli on 18:47 - Jan 26 with 773 views1885_SFC

Dele Alli on 13:03 - Jan 26 by saint901

It would be refreshing if more than one thread in three did not descend into a Saints v Pompey exchange of insults?

Pompey were very good a lot of years ago. They need new money to get back there and having a competitor close to us geographically and quality wise would be great.

More recently Saints have achieved more. Such are the fortunes of football.

We all support "our" club but running down another club does not make our club better.

"...having a competitor close to us geographically and quality wise would be great."

Said no Saints fan - ever.

Old School is Cool

Dele Alli on 18:56 - Jan 26 with 743 viewssaint68

Dele Alli on 18:47 - Jan 26 by 1885_SFC

"...having a competitor close to us geographically and quality wise would be great."

Nods VIGOROUSLY in agreement 1885👍

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Dele Alli on 20:47 - Jan 26 with 659 viewskingslandstand1

Dele Alli on 18:47 - Jan 26 by 1885_SFC

I think more evidence of allegiance?
Dele Alli on 08:36 - Jan 27 with 533 viewssaint901

Sigh

I should have known better.

Saints are my team and have been for close on 60 years. Like all of us I've enjoyed the highs and endured the lows.

I would love our team to be top 4 contenders on a regular basis as well as having a decent chance at winning something.

That does not mean however that I wish other clubs, neighbours or otherwise, would fall into liquidation or go out of business. I do not think that denigrating other clubs or their fans, makes Saints any better.

It seems however that this is beyond the myopic sensibilities of many.
Dele Alli on 08:57 - Jan 27 with 520 viewsChesham_Saint

Dele Alli on 08:36 - Jan 27 by saint901

Sigh

Saints are my team and have been for close on 60 years. Like all of us I've enjoyed the highs and endured the lows.

I would love our team to be top 4 contenders on a regular basis as well as having a decent chance at winning something.

That does not mean however that I wish other clubs, neighbours or otherwise, would fall into liquidation or go out of business. I do not think that denigrating other clubs or their fans, makes Saints any better.

Myopic sensibilities?

On a football forum?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Dele Alli on 09:22 - Jan 27 with 487 viewsA1079

Dele Alli on 08:36 - Jan 27 by saint901

Sigh

By and large I am with you saint901 on this. Pompey are our closest rivals geographically. I want to beat them when we play them and beat them well and rub their noses in it. I like the fact we are higher in the league structure than they are. I like the rivalry and the banter (assuming you are allowed to have banter these days). But, what they do beyond that does not bother me. Strangely, I feel more antipathy towards Spurs and Liverpool.

I do find it odd that our fans spend most of the match singing banal anti-Pompey songs - I really do hate that 4-0 at home song! Quite how that helps our players on the pitch is beyond me. I can understand cheering when you hear Pompey losing.
Dele Alli on 10:28 - Jan 27 with 454 viewsChesham_Saint

Dele Alli on 09:22 - Jan 27 by A1079

By and large I am with you saint901 on this. Pompey are our closest rivals geographically. I want to beat them when we play them and beat them well and rub their noses in it. I like the fact we are higher in the league structure than they are. I like the rivalry and the banter (assuming you are allowed to have banter these days). But, what they do beyond that does not bother me. Strangely, I feel more antipathy towards Spurs and Liverpool.

I do find it odd that our fans spend most of the match singing banal anti-Pompey songs - I really do hate that 4-0 at home song! Quite how that helps our players on the pitch is beyond me. I can understand cheering when you hear Pompey losing.

I assume anyone who takes the 'banter view' with the skates has never lived in close proximity to them.

Whilst in an ideal world wouldn't it be nice to be like Everton and Liverpool and be happy for us to finish first and our lovely, friendly rivals to finish second and jolly well done, hoorah, break out the lemonade and cup cakes!

The reality though is somewhat different. In my direct experience and whilst I have several mates who support that team, your typical skate becomes a slavering retard at the mere mention of Southampton and would happily rip off your grandma's head for spawning a "scummah"..

They have no off switch, no sense of humour and a view of our club which often borders on a neo-fascistic borderline racist obsession.

So, no, I don't want them to do well and hope they go bust.

Dele Alli on 10:35 - Jan 27 with 452 viewsA1079

Dele Alli on 10:28 - Jan 27 by Chesham_Saint

I assume anyone who takes the 'banter view' with the skates has never lived in close proximity to them.

Whilst in an ideal world wouldn't it be nice to be like Everton and Liverpool and be happy for us to finish first and our lovely, friendly rivals to finish second and jolly well done, hoorah, break out the lemonade and cup cakes!

The reality though is somewhat different. In my direct experience and whilst I have several mates who support that team, your typical skate becomes a slavering retard at the mere mention of Southampton and would happily rip off your grandma's head for spawning a "scummah"..

They have no off switch, no sense of humour and a view of our club which often borders on a neo-fascistic borderline racist obsession.

I don't actually disagree with you Chesham. Just because I have said what I have said it doesn't mean I have any sense of affection for them - I don't and I do agree their hatred of us seems much more in depth and full of low level bile and illogical than our rhetoric towards them.
Login to get fewer ads

Dele Alli on 10:48 - Jan 27 with 439 viewsChesham_Saint

Dele Alli on 10:35 - Jan 27 by A1079

I don't actually disagree with you Chesham. Just because I have said what I have said it doesn't mean I have any sense of affection for them - I don't and I do agree their hatred of us seems much more in depth and full of low level bile and illogical than our rhetoric towards them.

Yes it is a bit more them than us I agree. I just feel that those who haven't been fully exposed to their bile are a bit naïve and would be in for a nasty shock if they were to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

And as an old hand, I utterly despise them.

Dele Alli on 11:23 - Jan 27 with 404 viewsPaleRider

Dele Alli on 10:48 - Jan 27 by Chesham_Saint

Yes it is a bit more them than us I agree. I just feel that those who haven't been fully exposed to their bile are a bit naïve and would be in for a nasty shock if they were to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

And as an old hand, I utterly despise them.

I think that the Portsmouth hatred of Saints is more visceral than the other way round. I think it's classic "chip on shoulder" stuff as Saints have generally been higher up the pecking order during my life time (& I'm over 60).

I hate to say it but Pompey remind me of a rather large, simple cousin who has been held back in school and tries to take it out on everyone else.

901 - have you looked at the Pompey forums at all? That might give you an insight.
Dele Alli on 11:24 - Jan 27 with 402 viewsMytchettSaint

Dele Alli on 10:28 - Jan 27 by Chesham_Saint

100% agree.

Although I do think the extreme feelings toward them went up massive levels when we swapped positions with them for a couple of seasons.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024