Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Top 10 Derbys on the BBC 15:09 - Jan 26 with 3448 viewsButty101

Saints v Pompey surely should have made the top 10. Im guessing the pundits forgot about it, due to one half of the game living in the lower reaches of the football pyramid.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60111053

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Top 10 Derbys on the BBC on 18:21 - Jan 27 with 728 viewsTripleNiemi

Who is this Pompey you speak of?

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Top 10 Derbys on the BBC on 19:27 - Jan 27 with 674 viewsBicester_North

Top 10 Derbys on the BBC on 16:47 - Jan 27 by PaleRider

Agreed.

It's a shame as I liked him as a player but now he's just embarrassing. It's not just the team of the week selections, which are almost childlike, but he seems to take himself very seriously and is also very boring! I can't understand how he stays in his role.

This is true, the BBC and others have spent a while now getting rid of older, supposedly boring “dead wood” so why not Crooks who is widely ridiculed?

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Top 10 Derbys on the BBC on 19:31 - Jan 27 with 672 viewskernow

Could it be because he's a person of colour?
Top 10 Derbys on the BBC on 19:33 - Jan 27 with 669 viewskernow

Bolton v Wigan has been known to be a bit tasty as a derby, grounds 5 miles apart.
Top 10 Derbys on the BBC on 19:34 - Jan 27 with 670 viewsBicester_North

Top 10 Derbys on the BBC on 19:31 - Jan 27 by kernow

Could it be because he's a person of colour?

I looked up “why is Garth crooks still employed by the BBC” and some posts on a Brentford site say he has the BBC over a barrel due to threatening to take them to the cleaners about racism if they got rid of him.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Top 10 Derbys on the BBC on 19:39 - Jan 27 with 661 viewskernow

He"s clever.
Top 10 Derbys on the BBC on 19:46 - Jan 27 with 654 viewssaint68

Top 10 Derbys on the BBC on 19:34 - Jan 27 by Bicester_North

I looked up “why is Garth crooks still employed by the BBC” and some posts on a Brentford site say he has the BBC over a barrel due to threatening to take them to the cleaners about racism if they got rid of him.

Blackmail hey!!

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Top 10 Derbys on the BBC on 20:12 - Jan 27 with 639 viewskernow

It's very possible that he wrote them a letter, yes
Login to get fewer ads

Top 10 Derbys on the BBC on 13:38 - Jan 28 with 528 viewskingslandstand1

Top 10 Derbys on the BBC on 19:46 - Jan 27 by saint68

Blackmail hey!!

Top 10 Derbys on the BBC on 13:55 - Jan 28 with 509 viewsPaleRider

Top 10 Derbys on the BBC on 19:46 - Jan 27 by saint68

Blackmail hey!!

Is he related to Cressida Dick?
Top 10 Derbys on the BBC on 13:56 - Jan 28 with 507 viewsTimSaint

Top 10 Derbys on the BBC on 16:38 - Jan 27 by Berber

Garth Crookes is an imbecile of the first order. His excuse for omitting Salisu was that "He's inconsistent and liable to make a massive error at any time." or something similar. On that basis, he couldn't pick more than half of the players in the PL and certainly should never pick De Gea, McGuire, Stones, Jones, Mings, Cash and Walker, to name a few that he has picked in recent seasons. I thought team of the week was supposed to be about this weeks performances, the dolt. Salisu was absolutely the defender of the week by just about everyone else's reckoning.

I gave up reading his TOTW ages ago, as his selections always favoured players from the bigger clubs etc. I initially thought that he did this to get click bait reaction from fans of other clubs, but then things dawned on me.....

1. He probably doesn't watch all the games
2. He is probably putting his name to articles that someone else writes
3. He has massive bias towards certain teams and players
4. Like Lawro, he is past it
5. He is a tw@t

The biggest decider of whether a player got in his team or not, was if they scored that weekend. He would pick formations to allow him to fit in all the defenders and midfielders who scored and if there was a week when there was loads to choose from, he would go with the big clubs. Hence why the Laporte was picked over Salisu - plain and simple, a CB who scored. You have a look, that was his selection criteria when I used to read his TOTW and I'm sure it hasn't changed !!

Like Lawro's predictions, it is just one person's opinion, so who really gives a fvck what they think ?

TimSaint

Top 10 Derbys on the BBC on 14:07 - Jan 28 with 484 viewsPaleRider

Top 10 Derbys on the BBC on 13:56 - Jan 28 by TimSaint

I gave up reading his TOTW ages ago, as his selections always favoured players from the bigger clubs etc. I initially thought that he did this to get click bait reaction from fans of other clubs, but then things dawned on me.....

1. He probably doesn't watch all the games
2. He is probably putting his name to articles that someone else writes
3. He has massive bias towards certain teams and players
4. Like Lawro, he is past it
5. He is a tw@t

The biggest decider of whether a player got in his team or not, was if they scored that weekend. He would pick formations to allow him to fit in all the defenders and midfielders who scored and if there was a week when there was loads to choose from, he would go with the big clubs. Hence why the Laporte was picked over Salisu - plain and simple, a CB who scored. You have a look, that was his selection criteria when I used to read his TOTW and I'm sure it hasn't changed !!

Like Lawro's predictions, it is just one person's opinion, so who really gives a fvck what they think ?

Tim - you are spot on! To me it is a reflection of just how sh!t BBC football coverage is!

The problem for me is that the BBC fails to realise that they are a bit part of the problem - be it media coverage of politics, sport etc. I think the only solution is changing the model to a subscription model and no longer pandering to lowest common denominator.

Maybe I'm just an old git!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024