Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Back To The 80s 20:45 - Jan 29 with 5979 viewsHullDale

- Sexist (& abusive) chanting from people in the away end - I won't call them fans.

- Homophobic chanting from the home end.

- Missiles thrown from the home end.

- Stupid kick offs on the footy fields near Elk Mill after full time.

Fair play to the club for a fast and measured response but, especially at a time when we are trying to get goodwill to support the directors / trust, parts of today made it feel embarassing to be a Dale fan.
Back To The 80s on 20:57 - Jan 29 with 5905 viewsboromat

It seems some think it's then acceptable to try and warrant the sexist abuse on social media...

If anyone knows him. Have a word.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2022 21:13]

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Back To The 80s on 21:06 - Jan 29 with 5841 viewsTVOS1907

Back To The 80s on 20:57 - Jan 29 by boromat

It seems some think it's then acceptable to try and warrant the sexist abuse on social media...

After seeing his Twitter, I doubt it would make much difference.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Back To The 80s on 21:48 - Jan 29 with 5648 viewsD_Alien

Back To The 80s on 21:06 - Jan 29 by TVOS1907

After seeing his Twitter, I doubt it would make much difference.

Thank goodness we no longer have 'certain individuals' who used to try to justify it on here

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Back To The 80s on 22:06 - Jan 29 with 5563 viewsSuddenLad

Play was halted today at Wycombe, when Akinfenwa, warming up as a substitute, was subjected to vile (non-racial) abuse by visiting MK Dons fans.

Referee stopped play, Akinfenwa confronted the abusers, complained to the stewards and at least one fan was ejected.

Tannoy announcements were broadcast,MK players tried to halt the chants and play eventually resumed.

Poor day all round for the reputation of some louts who masquerade as football supporters.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Back To The 80s on 09:36 - Jan 30 with 5065 views1907

Well that’s Mason Greenwood’s career over. Could always tell there was something wrong about him. Southgate knew it.
Back To The 80s on 09:52 - Jan 30 with 5026 viewsSuddenLad

He won't get much sympathy (nor should he) from anywhere. That shocking voice recording is him finished. Hopefully.

Back To The 80s on 12:21 - Jan 30 with 4719 viewsDaleiLama

https://www.efl.com/news/2022/january/efl-statement-crowd-behaviour/

Whilst I agree with the sentiment of this, the comment "The EFL is disappointed that on a day when the footballing focus was on our League competition, the discussion is once again about matters off the pitch" is a bit rich imho.

It would have been much better if Dale fans only had the derby to focus on yesterday instead of having to fight an expensive legal battle against people who have demonstrably been shown to be far from fit and proper. So EFL, if you are reading this, we are very disappointed that the custodian of the league has disappeared into it's bunker and not put this to bed months ago. You've got one job. Do it.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Back To The 80s on 20:00 - Jan 30 with 4388 viewsdalenumber2

Back To The 80s on 20:57 - Jan 29 by boromat

Plenty more comments, and worse, like this on the RAFC Appreciation Facebook page today. So depressing.
Login to get fewer ads

Back To The 80s on 20:13 - Jan 30 with 4328 viewsTomRAFC

It's almost beyond belief that in a season where the club flagged Andy Curran for homophobia and Abraham Odoh was a victim of racist abuse online, that we have sexist chants away and the N word being played over the tannoy at home.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Back To The 80s on 21:47 - Jan 30 with 4196 viewsCanaDale

Ugh I can't believe this! The UK tries to paint this image that it's so diverse etc, but at it's core it has extreme racist and sexist beliefs. These kinds of 'people' need to be educated, but I feel these are too far gone. This needs to be taught in schools, or the country will just get more and more like a dog's dinner.
Back To The 80s on 22:04 - Jan 30 with 4151 viewsTVOS1907

Back To The 80s on 21:47 - Jan 30 by CanaDale

Ugh I can't believe this! The UK tries to paint this image that it's so diverse etc, but at it's core it has extreme racist and sexist beliefs. These kinds of 'people' need to be educated, but I feel these are too far gone. This needs to be taught in schools, or the country will just get more and more like a dog's dinner.

What sort of thing needs to be taught in schools?

If it's what I think you're meaning, then it is taught in schools, both explicitly through PSHE and RS lessons, as well as through general expected standards of respect, behaviour and attitudes across the curriculum.

Surely your point should have included "This mainly needs to be taught at home by parents".

However, whoever does the teaching, what these individuals then choose to do, say or sing at football matches is sadly beyond the control of schools, parents and probably anyone else.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2022 22:09]

Back To The 80s on 22:16 - Jan 30 with 4076 viewsCanaDale

Back To The 80s on 22:04 - Jan 30 by TVOS1907

If it's what I think you're meaning, then it is taught in schools, both explicitly through PSHE and RS lessons, as well as through general expected standards of respect, behaviour and attitudes across the curriculum.

Surely your point should have included "This mainly needs to be taught at home by parents".

However, whoever does the teaching, what these individuals then choose to do, say or sing at football matches is sadly beyond the control of schools, parents and probably anyone else.

Respect for women etc and just being a decent person in society. So many of these kids don't have any social skills at all, and yes it needs to be taught at home also. But often the parents don't care, because they get that sort of behavior from them anyway. It's just soul destroying to hear about
Back To The 80s on 22:36 - Jan 30 with 4024 viewsTVOS1907

Back To The 80s on 22:16 - Jan 30 by CanaDale

Respect for women etc and just being a decent person in society. So many of these kids don't have any social skills at all, and yes it needs to be taught at home also. But often the parents don't care, because they get that sort of behavior from them anyway. It's just soul destroying to hear about

"Respect for women etc and just being a decent person in society. "

These things are taught in schools every day and probably in every lesson.

What happens beyond then is beyond a school's control.

Back To The 80s on 22:44 - Jan 30 with 4004 viewsSuddenLad

Back To The 80s on 22:04 - Jan 30 by TVOS1907

I agree 100% with the point you make.

However, whilst we are referring to things by initials, WTF is PHSE and RS? I'm guessing the latter is nothing to do with our current manager.

Back To The 80s on 22:54 - Jan 30 with 3982 viewsTVOS1907

Back To The 80s on 22:44 - Jan 30 by SuddenLad

I agree 100% with the point you make.

However, whilst we are referring to things by initials, WTF is PHSE and RS? I'm guessing the latter is nothing to do with our current manager.

PSHE - Personal, Social & Health Education

RS - Robbie, sorry, Religious Studies

Back To The 80s on 23:03 - Jan 30 with 3951 viewsCanaDale

Back To The 80s on 22:36 - Jan 30 by TVOS1907

"Respect for women etc and just being a decent person in society. "

These things are taught in schools every day and probably in every lesson.

What happens beyond then is beyond a school's control.

These sorts of people are part of a society that seems to not be able to handle when they're not the centre of attention, or spoiled to the point where they aren't used to being told no. I thought we'd got past the stage of pointless sexist remarks, simply because women want to go watch a game and enjoy themselves. Makes me embarrassed to be a fan and a man in these moments. I agree that it's not the schools fault, I just wish we'd be more accepting as a society.
Back To The 80s on 23:32 - Jan 30 with 3926 viewsSuddenLad

Back To The 80s on 22:54 - Jan 30 by TVOS1907

PSHE - Personal, Social & Health Education

RS - Robbie, sorry, Religious Studies

Thank you. Religious Knowledge in my day. Never heard of the other.

Back To The 80s on 00:08 - Jan 31 with 3879 viewsD_Alien

Back To The 80s on 23:03 - Jan 30 by CanaDale

These sorts of people are part of a society that seems to not be able to handle when they're not the centre of attention, or spoiled to the point where they aren't used to being told no. I thought we'd got past the stage of pointless sexist remarks, simply because women want to go watch a game and enjoy themselves. Makes me embarrassed to be a fan and a man in these moments. I agree that it's not the schools fault, I just wish we'd be more accepting as a society.

Which society are you referring to though? The UK or where your username indicates you now reside?

Its not an "our society" issue, anyway

Its a worldwide issue with human nature, hence my point about there being no easy answers earlier

There's still a long way to go, but the fact this sort of behaviour now brings widespread condemnation gives me cause for hope

Schools have an incredibly tough job in bringing kids towards adulthood with basic literacy & numeracy in many cases

All we can do is continue to call out this type of behaviour wherever it happens, continuing to get the point across slowly but surely

Back To The 80s on 23:41 - Jan 31 with 3306 viewsRog_Dale

Back To The 80s on 00:08 - Jan 31 by D_Alien

Which society are you referring to though? The UK or where your username indicates you now reside?

Its not an "our society" issue, anyway

Its a worldwide issue with human nature, hence my point about there being no easy answers earlier

There's still a long way to go, but the fact this sort of behaviour now brings widespread condemnation gives me cause for hope

Schools have an incredibly tough job in bringing kids towards adulthood with basic literacy & numeracy in many cases

All we can do is continue to call out this type of behaviour wherever it happens, continuing to get the point across slowly but surely

The so-called appreciation Society on fb and their admins have been a disgrace on this issue. So many there seem to think this is a laughing matter - probably the same idiots that were singing this. Reassuring to see the comments here on this thread!
[Post edited 31 Jan 2022 23:46]
Back To The 80s on 00:10 - Feb 1 with 3250 viewsShun

Back To The 80s on 23:41 - Jan 31 by Rog_Dale

The so-called appreciation Society on fb and their admins have been a disgrace on this issue. So many there seem to think this is a laughing matter - probably the same idiots that were singing this. Reassuring to see the comments here on this thread!
[Post edited 31 Jan 2022 23:46]

I was actually shocked to read the posts on that group. Vile people who I wouldn’t ever want to meet in real life. God help whichever unlucky woman ends up with any of them.
Back To The 80s on 19:54 - Feb 19 with 2686 viewsHullDale

Giving this a bump as it seemed to be a group of the same lads causing problems today.

No interest in the game, offensive chanting, pitch invasions, pyros, openly dealing drugs in the toilet.

We'll probably get fined now for the pyros and the pitch invasions - money I'm sure we could do without spending.

Aside from the money, reputationally its a nightmare. We have a board and supporters fighting legal action, tooth and nail to save the club, and relying on goodwill from other clubs to support the cause. There are trolls on social media clearly trying to cause trouble (I'd wager on behalf of Southall / Curran / Jarvis et al) and this is just giving them so much ammo.

I don't know what the answer is (I'm not ashamed to admit it would be intimidating to confront them).... some clubs take local coppers with them to away games to spot repeat offenders - paying for that might be cheaper than repeated fines etc.
Back To The 80s on 20:30 - Feb 19 with 2529 viewsD_Alien

Back To The 80s on 19:54 - Feb 19 by HullDale

Giving this a bump as it seemed to be a group of the same lads causing problems today.

No interest in the game, offensive chanting, pitch invasions, pyros, openly dealing drugs in the toilet.

We'll probably get fined now for the pyros and the pitch invasions - money I'm sure we could do without spending.

Aside from the money, reputationally its a nightmare. We have a board and supporters fighting legal action, tooth and nail to save the club, and relying on goodwill from other clubs to support the cause. There are trolls on social media clearly trying to cause trouble (I'd wager on behalf of Southall / Curran / Jarvis et al) and this is just giving them so much ammo.

I don't know what the answer is (I'm not ashamed to admit it would be intimidating to confront them).... some clubs take local coppers with them to away games to spot repeat offenders - paying for that might be cheaper than repeated fines etc.

I fully agree HD

Once this type of behaviour starts, the use of mobile phones would be one way of bringing those involved to account. Only if its safe to do so, of course, i.e. several responsible people in a group all using their phones to identify the culprits, then submitting the footage to the club

No doubt some will make the accusation of "snitching on fellow Dale fans". I'd say its exactly the opposite - it's those involved dragging the club's name through the mud at a time (as you say) when we're fighting a battle against much more malign forces

If we can take those forces on, i'm sure we can find it within us all to take on these morons too, in a non-confrontational but perfectly legitimate way

Back To The 80s on 20:34 - Feb 19 with 2518 viewsTomRAFC

Couldn't make the game but watched on iFollow, plenty of faces were visible during the pitch invasion. If the club watch it, publicly condemn it, and ban them then there is little more we can do. Hopefully that would stem any reputational issues.

If we don't come down on it then, as much as it pains me to say it, we would deserve a fine and a bit of a dent in our reputation.

They can be pretty intimidating. I called out a racist lad away at Salford, and a group in the Sandy the game after Odoh was racially abused online. It's not what I go to the football for, but I hardly think they're coming because they enjoy football.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2022 20:36]

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Back To The 80s on 20:34 - Feb 19 with 2516 viewskel

Back To The 80s on 20:30 - Feb 19 by D_Alien

I fully agree HD

Once this type of behaviour starts, the use of mobile phones would be one way of bringing those involved to account. Only if its safe to do so, of course, i.e. several responsible people in a group all using their phones to identify the culprits, then submitting the footage to the club

No doubt some will make the accusation of "snitching on fellow Dale fans". I'd say its exactly the opposite - it's those involved dragging the club's name through the mud at a time (as you say) when we're fighting a battle against much more malign forces

If we can take those forces on, i'm sure we can find it within us all to take on these morons too, in a non-confrontational but perfectly legitimate way

I commented on Twitter about these idiots today and was told to just enjoy my evening and the result. I despair sometimes.
Back To The 80s on 20:34 - Feb 19 with 2513 viewsJames1980

Report the trolls.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024