Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Colchester Match Thread.. 10:03 - Feb 1 with 15406 viewsdale1968

Ok so with all the Deadline Deals now done we have a clear picture of the squad available.So do we go with the same as saturday?
With Luke now available after suspension do we drop someone or introduce him off the bench?

Glad Im not a manager..

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Colchester Match Thread.. on 21:34 - Feb 1 with 4055 viewsboromat

I thought Grant should have been subbed instead of Newby at the Oldham game but he finished that game well and he's been one of our better players today.

Since the formation change and the subs we've been much better. Dooley has made a difference and Grant is more involved with the Colchester defence being occupied better by 2 strikers.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Colchester Match Thread.. on 21:42 - Feb 1 with 3823 viewsRotherhamDale

That was such a poor game of football. We looked much better when Charman came on so hopefully he starts on Saturday.

Does anyone else think they should have had a penalty at the end? Dorsett nearly took their lads head off his shoulders...

Possession with progression.

Colchester Match Thread.. on 21:43 - Feb 1 with 3786 viewsDaleiLama

Decent point from a very ordinary game played in difficult conditions

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Colchester Match Thread.. on 21:44 - Feb 1 with 3773 viewsNigeriamark

Colchester Match Thread.. on 21:34 - Feb 1 by boromat

I thought Grant should have been subbed instead of Newby at the Oldham game but he finished that game well and he's been one of our better players today.

Since the formation change and the subs we've been much better. Dooley has made a difference and Grant is more involved with the Colchester defence being occupied better by 2 strikers.

finished 1-1. heart in mouth in the last 15 seconds, I thought on first view Dorsett had given away a penalty. However it wasn't given. Poor over the 90 minutes but could have won it in the last 15. They took off their main striker on 74 minutes & got punished for trying to defend a 1-0 lead. The new lads struggled which is to be expected in their first games in the top flight. Grant was good in the second half but I would give Max Clark our MOM. He might be a great find
Colchester Match Thread.. on 21:45 - Feb 1 with 3737 viewsdawlishdale

Colchester Match Thread.. on 21:42 - Feb 1 by RotherhamDale

That was such a poor game of football. We looked much better when Charman came on so hopefully he starts on Saturday.

Does anyone else think they should have had a penalty at the end? Dorsett nearly took their lads head off his shoulders...

I wouldn't have been surprised if it had been given. There was definitely contact.

Agree, we improved after their superb goal, and probably deserved the draw.
Colchester Match Thread.. on 21:45 - Feb 1 with 3726 viewsDMR90

I rewound and paused it, looked just outside the area. Definite foul from a player who was back to his worst
Colchester Match Thread.. on 21:46 - Feb 1 with 3675 viewsrichfoad32

Definitely dodged a bullet at the end with Dorsett, looked a clear penalty. Deserved point overall, but that's just 3 points against 3 really poor teams. Another one coming up on Saturday.
Colchester Match Thread.. on 21:47 - Feb 1 with 3662 viewsdale1968

We certainly huffed and puffed our way through that one.
But what a strike from Colchester for the opener you probably wont see many better at our level for a while.
Rest and regroup for a few tricky games coming up especially FGR next Tuesday.
All in all a decent point.

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Login to get fewer ads

Colchester Match Thread.. on 21:52 - Feb 1 with 3553 views_Windydale

A point on the road against a team on the up.

Their goal was brilliant.

Ours came after some pressure in their half. Good last 15. We can get better, not a great performance but not too bad either.

Few players had an off game. Kelly started well but weakened. Cory did just ok. Dorsett made a few mistakes.

Grant wasn't playing at 100% Some nice touches but didn't do enough. I would have kept Newbie on.

Clarke saw loads of the ball, but some poor crosses, but then put some decent crosses too.
Charman is busy, not on long enough to get a chance, but glimmers of a good player.

Average performance but there are signs of a good team.
Colchester Match Thread.. on 21:58 - Feb 1 with 3452 viewsrichfoad32

Colchester Match Thread.. on 21:44 - Feb 1 by Nigeriamark

finished 1-1. heart in mouth in the last 15 seconds, I thought on first view Dorsett had given away a penalty. However it wasn't given. Poor over the 90 minutes but could have won it in the last 15. They took off their main striker on 74 minutes & got punished for trying to defend a 1-0 lead. The new lads struggled which is to be expected in their first games in the top flight. Grant was good in the second half but I would give Max Clark our MOM. He might be a great find

I thought the new boys did ok. Campbell was feeding off scraps in the first half especially, but looks to have a bit of trickery if you get the ball into his feet and Charman put himself about in the limited time he had.

Presumably Ball will be available Saturday, if he starts not sure where he fits in or who will make way. Broadbent?
Colchester Match Thread.. on 21:59 - Feb 1 with 3447 viewsD_Alien

Colchester Match Thread.. on 21:46 - Feb 1 by richfoad32

Definitely dodged a bullet at the end with Dorsett, looked a clear penalty. Deserved point overall, but that's just 3 points against 3 really poor teams. Another one coming up on Saturday.

I'm looking at it as 3 games unbeaten, and we've come away from 2 away fixtures against teams fighting for their lives unscathed

As the players bed in i'm convinced there's better things to come

A win on Saturday would go a long way

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Colchester Match Thread.. on 21:59 - Feb 1 with 3450 viewsKnavesmireBob

Loved Charman and Clark's body language and reactions when we scored. Our new #9 is going to be a belter.
Colchester Match Thread.. on 22:09 - Feb 1 with 3289 viewsrichfoad32

Colchester Match Thread.. on 21:59 - Feb 1 by D_Alien

I'm looking at it as 3 games unbeaten, and we've come away from 2 away fixtures against teams fighting for their lives unscathed

As the players bed in i'm convinced there's better things to come

A win on Saturday would go a long way

True. That's a much better way of looking at it!
Colchester Match Thread.. on 22:32 - Feb 1 with 3087 viewsJames1980

One thing I would like our players to take away from tonight, is inspiration from Judge's goal. OK goals like that aren't a regular occurrence, but they are more likely to happen if you take a crack.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Colchester Match Thread.. on 22:44 - Feb 1 with 2996 viewsjonahwhereru

I saw this as the start of the emergence of RS’s team. I was so disappointed with the first half. Even though we were the better footballing side we created nothing. I thought Newby was decent, but the rest were unremarkable in any way. Think a rocket got launched in Essex at about 8:33 because they immediately got on the front foot in the second half, but the momentum was again given up. Really thought Charman made a difference. He was more of a handful and really occupied defenders, promising. Then Grant finishes well and the we get our tails up. But no team deserved to win that.
Can’t get Broadbent. Dooley was more steady than him when he came on. The bar is not set very high for Ball to establish himself in the middle.
At the moment I would see a top half finish as a bonus, and i’d Have taken that at the start of the season.. We have just played two teams below us and neither we able to make ground on us. We will be alright but no playoff candidates on this showing.
UTDNFS
Colchester Match Thread.. on 23:29 - Feb 1 with 2820 viewsdingdangblue

Colchester Match Thread.. on 22:44 - Feb 1 by jonahwhereru

I saw this as the start of the emergence of RS’s team. I was so disappointed with the first half. Even though we were the better footballing side we created nothing. I thought Newby was decent, but the rest were unremarkable in any way. Think a rocket got launched in Essex at about 8:33 because they immediately got on the front foot in the second half, but the momentum was again given up. Really thought Charman made a difference. He was more of a handful and really occupied defenders, promising. Then Grant finishes well and the we get our tails up. But no team deserved to win that.
Can’t get Broadbent. Dooley was more steady than him when he came on. The bar is not set very high for Ball to establish himself in the middle.
At the moment I would see a top half finish as a bonus, and i’d Have taken that at the start of the season.. We have just played two teams below us and neither we able to make ground on us. We will be alright but no playoff candidates on this showing.
UTDNFS

Broadbent doesn't offer much for me. Very average player - I've not noticed him in most of the games he's played. I think the only reason he's starting games is because Robbie has brought him here and he's spoken highly of him but I just can't see it. Dooley was far better than him when he came on and was involved far more in our play.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Colchester Match Thread.. on 00:18 - Feb 2 with 2671 viewsswiggy

Just read through the thread and I’m quite surprised at the mainly positive comments. I thought we were atrocious. Free kicks on the edge of the oppositions box passed backwards, surely professional footballers can come up with something better than that. Kelly was abysmal, would like to see the stats of how many passes went to the opposition. Colchester are third bottom, draw, Oldham second bottom, draw and a loss, if Oldham take 4 points off any other team in the league this season I’ll be gobsmacked. I’m quite pleased with the window but why did Charman not play, I thought the whole point of his hat trick game versus Notlob last week was to get him with match fitness, he looked good when he came on. Great strike from them but didn’t close down again but what a great idea shooting is at half time tonight we hadn’t had a shot on target for nearly 2 games, entertaining football, I don’t think so. Please please please let’s try and score a goal 🙏
Colchester Match Thread.. on 07:05 - Feb 2 with 2350 viewsD_Alien

Colchester Match Thread.. on 00:18 - Feb 2 by swiggy

Just read through the thread and I’m quite surprised at the mainly positive comments. I thought we were atrocious. Free kicks on the edge of the oppositions box passed backwards, surely professional footballers can come up with something better than that. Kelly was abysmal, would like to see the stats of how many passes went to the opposition. Colchester are third bottom, draw, Oldham second bottom, draw and a loss, if Oldham take 4 points off any other team in the league this season I’ll be gobsmacked. I’m quite pleased with the window but why did Charman not play, I thought the whole point of his hat trick game versus Notlob last week was to get him with match fitness, he looked good when he came on. Great strike from them but didn’t close down again but what a great idea shooting is at half time tonight we hadn’t had a shot on target for nearly 2 games, entertaining football, I don’t think so. Please please please let’s try and score a goal 🙏

The thread very much reflects how the game went, with mainly negative comments including the specific points you raise, until we scored and applied late pressure

Positives are being taken from new players brought in who, once they're more familiar with each other, should see greater cohesion

Our league position isn't false, but right now the players, the manager and the club as a whole deserve support and encouragement in their efforts to lift us up from a perilous position off the field which from the outset of the season severely hampered building a squad

Through patient work, it took RS a while to acheive the type of performance we saw against Newport. Then came an unwelcome break and we're currently rebuilding from a more solid base. Give it a chance; he'll get it right again, as before and i believe much sooner

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Colchester Match Thread.. on 08:43 - Feb 2 with 2125 viewsSaxonDale

Colchester Match Thread.. on 23:29 - Feb 1 by dingdangblue

Broadbent doesn't offer much for me. Very average player - I've not noticed him in most of the games he's played. I think the only reason he's starting games is because Robbie has brought him here and he's spoken highly of him but I just can't see it. Dooley was far better than him when he came on and was involved far more in our play.

Different types of player- going (for the first time in over 2 years!) yesterday I was quite impressed with how much ground he seemed to cover and did the simple things well- won the ball and gave it to a better player.

Dooley knitted the play well together yesterday and was generally positive in his passing. Thought Kelly was not quite at his best, few times he seemed to play the wrong pass and he was visibly knackered by the end- which is to be expected having come back from his injury.

Edit- Another I'd add is regardless of system and new players coming in, I think Grant has to play every game. He wasn't at his absolute best yesterday but was still the best player on the park IMO and should only get better.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2022 8:45]
Colchester Match Thread.. on 11:24 - Feb 2 with 1764 viewsEllDale

It must be difficult getting so many new players to gel with the rest of the team when you have a run of games like we have coming up.
it's much easier to integrate newcomers pre-seson.
There won't be much work done on the training pitch apart from match prep.
Colchester Match Thread.. on 12:31 - Feb 2 with 1610 views_Windydale

I'm positive we will get a lot better soon.

Quicker play. That instinctive pass and knowing your team mates run and style of play, something the teams at the top of the table have. Alongside a bit of physicality.

With our new team, comms and awareness won't be the best. That pause and millisecond delay before a pass. Forwards waiting to see if a ball is coming..All give the opposition a chance to block the shot or intercept.
Colchester Match Thread.. on 19:45 - Feb 2 with 1142 viewsBrierls

It was a bit shit.

In the first half the only player providing something positive was Newby, and that should ring alarm bells. He lost the ball several times but at least he got us into their final third on occasion. Thank christ we’ve signed Ball because Broadbent offers nothing, which means we can’t afford for Kelly to have a poor game. He did and Dale did.

The second half wasn’t much better until we were shocked into action by their wonder strike. Campbell is going to struggle without service. Charman looks a lot more Bees like and we finally looked to have some control when Dooley came on. With that control came Grant on the ball more, and we all know what can happen when he has the ball. Fantastic first touch for his goal.

It wasn’t good enough but we deserved the point, despite that late heart in mouth moment. We need the new lads to get League Two fit, keep fit and gel.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024