Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VAR 16:37 - Feb 12 with 4846 viewssaint68

What the actual fuk was that bullshit on Broja by Maguire!!!

Literally robbed!!

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

VAR on 22:17 - Feb 12 with 1615 viewsdarthvader

VAR on 17:33 - Feb 12 by 1885_SFC

As if the likes of Southampton were ever going to be awarded a penalty... at Old Trafford... even with VAR.

I've got more chance of waking up tomorrow morning and finding Holly Willoughby & Rachel Riley naked in my bed.

Save some for me .

Imagine Bednarek doing that to that sneaky twàt Ronaldo or golden boy Sancho . = Red card and a penalty bloody cheating pure and simple

keep the faith coyr

VAR on 23:32 - Feb 12 with 1551 viewscocklebreath

Didn’t even show it on motd 😵‍💫

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

VAR on 23:33 - Feb 12 with 1549 viewsElijahK

VAR on 23:32 - Feb 12 by cocklebreath

Didn’t even show it on motd 😵‍💫

Didn’t show ether of Ronaldo’s disallowed goals ether, but still the fact they didn’t show it does make me wonder of whether it was that bad or not, as I’ve still not seen any highlights showing the incident

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

VAR on 23:39 - Feb 12 with 1542 viewscocklebreath

VAR on 23:33 - Feb 12 by ElijahK

Didn’t show ether of Ronaldo’s disallowed goals ether, but still the fact they didn’t show it does make me wonder of whether it was that bad or not, as I’ve still not seen any highlights showing the incident

Neither have I, anyone got a link?

VAR on 00:27 - Feb 13 with 1500 viewspjt50

VAR on 23:33 - Feb 12 by ElijahK

Both very clear - although it didn't stop them moaning about one of them.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

VAR on 00:37 - Feb 13 with 1499 viewsTimSaint

I thought it was a pen, but they did say on the commentary that VAR had checked it and the first part of the incident, the coming together, was not a foul and that the 'treading on his leg' was just accidental and the momentum from the challenge took him forward onto Broja's leg. Verdict no pen.

WALOFB - he knew what he was doing and it should have been a red card and pen.

The other incident they should have looked at, but didn't, was in the kerfuffle surrounding Pogpa getting booked. I'm convinced United's other Portuguese Cvnt Fernandes, swung a punch that didn't connect. Clearly the intention was there though and punishment should have been given.

Good to see us putting another shift in at a difficult venue and not getting a single caution - unlike the last time we were at Old Trafford !!

TimSaint

VAR on 10:02 - Feb 13 with 1407 views1885_SFC

VAR on 23:39 - Feb 12 by cocklebreath

Neither have I, anyone got a link?

https://cdn-gg.com/uploaded/1644675588.mp4?_=1

Old School is Cool

VAR on 10:35 - Feb 13 with 1379 viewsdcbovivet

VAR on 10:02 - Feb 13 by 1885_SFC

2 minutes to go, other end of the pitch, that would have been a penalty. Guaranteed. And a red. And why was it not discussed on MOTD???. Key decision not mentioned at all . The disallowed Ronaldo goals weren't even worthy of showing as they were not close to being controversial. But the push and stamp .......I am still tooth gnashing now.
Login to get fewer ads

VAR on 10:47 - Feb 13 with 1372 views1885_SFC

VAR on 10:35 - Feb 13 by dcbovivet

2 minutes to go, other end of the pitch, that would have been a penalty. Guaranteed. And a red. And why was it not discussed on MOTD???. Key decision not mentioned at all . The disallowed Ronaldo goals weren't even worthy of showing as they were not close to being controversial. But the push and stamp .......I am still tooth gnashing now.

Indeed. Broja skinned Maguire and made him look a mug. By the time Maguire catches up with him inside the box, he literally barges him over. Anywhere else on the pitch - and it's a free kick. This, however, is the 89th minute at Old Trafford. It reminds me of the penalty & sending off that never were just across the city earlier this season.

Old School is Cool

VAR on 12:33 - Feb 13 with 1325 viewscocklebreath

Cheers

VAR on 13:05 - Feb 13 with 1302 viewscocklebreath

I think that is 50/50 a penalty. Id have been annoyed if it was given against us.

VAR on 14:00 - Feb 13 with 1265 viewsSadoldgit

VAR on 13:05 - Feb 13 by cocklebreath

I think that is 50/50 a penalty. Id have been annoyed if it was given against us.

I agree with 1885 that is a foul anywhere else on the pitch but I also agree with you about being a 50/50 penalty (not that that makes sense!).
As for the stamp, it looks accidental but in those situations it is easy to make those look as if you didn’t mean it.
VAR on 15:38 - Feb 13 with 1214 viewsElijahK

After seeing that I certainly get why people are contesting it, as it 100% should’ve gone to VAR, and if it was up at our end in our penalty area would’ve probably been given.
But for it to be a pen it has to be seen as intentional from Maguire as it was Broja that moved his leg there (as in he moved it towards the ball) and wasn’t in possession of the ball, so that’s just down to the ref/VAR as if it’s intentional then its definitely a pen, if it’s not then unfortunately it’s not.

So at the end of the day, only Maguire knows that answer, but why VAR didn’t review it, makes no sense, and what the officials would’ve made from it, is another thing that’s we’ll never know

VAR on 15:39 - Feb 13 with 1212 viewsElijahK

VAR on 10:35 - Feb 13 by dcbovivet

Well the push wasn’t a foul, but still why they didn’t show that and the disallowed Ronaldo goals done make sense

VAR on 15:41 - Feb 13 with 1203 viewsElijahK

VAR on 14:00 - Feb 13 by Sadoldgit

I agree with 1885 that is a foul anywhere else on the pitch but I also agree with you about being a 50/50 penalty (not that that makes sense!).
As for the stamp, it looks accidental but in those situations it is easy to make those look as if you didn’t mean it.

Yeah I think that’s a fair summary, but the reason why it’s given anywhere else on the pitch but not necessarily in the box, is simply due to the fact that with penalties the officials have to be 100% certain over it, as they’re what can define games, whilst your typical free kick at the halfway line are given when the ref sees it, and doesn’t need to be 100% certain as they don’t define games

VAR on 19:25 - Feb 13 with 1124 viewsdcbovivet

VAR on 15:39 - Feb 13 by ElijahK

Well the push wasn’t a foul, but still why they didn’t show that and the disallowed Ronaldo goals done make sense

Glad you were happy with it, flippin sure I wasnt. Other end of the pitch I would have been hiding behind the sofa whilst VAR took 10 seconds to decide to give it ......
VAR on 19:41 - Feb 13 with 1111 viewsdcbovivet

VAR on 15:39 - Feb 13 by ElijahK

Glad you were happy with it, flippin sure I wasnt. Other end of the pitch I would have been hiding behind the sofa whilst VAR took 10 seconds to decide to give it ......
VAR on 23:15 - Feb 13 with 1042 viewsElijahK

VAR on 19:25 - Feb 13 by dcbovivet

I never said I wasn’t happy, I’m just saying that the push certainly wasn’t a pen, the standing on his leg though, is debatable

VAR on 00:11 - Feb 14 with 1028 viewsdarthvader

VAR on 23:15 - Feb 13 by ElijahK

I never said I wasn’t happy, I’m just saying that the push certainly wasn’t a pen, the standing on his leg though, is debatable

A side note to this too .. Did anyone see Luke shaw deliberatly wipe away the foam dot as to where the Ref said to take the free kicks he took from ? (it happened twice) This angered me .
Cheating-- he gained a yard or so towards the goal and the second time they very nearly scored from .

keep the faith coyr

VAR on 12:18 - Feb 14 with 927 viewsPaleRider

English referees are a laughing stock. VAR has somehow managed to make things worse.

I genuinely believe that there is a strong whiff of corruption in this area as it is simply not credible that top level referees can be so incompetent - there seem to be issues in virtually every single PL match, not just ours.
VAR on 12:58 - Feb 14 with 899 viewsSonicBoom

Trevor Sinclair was commentating on the radio and he said it was very odd that VAR didn't review it and he said in his opinion that was a penalty.

Also all of the commentators were saying that Fernandez was very very lucky not to be sent off for taking a swing at JWP.
But it's Old Trafford. You never get what you deserve there.
VAR on 13:19 - Feb 14 with 876 viewsSadoldgit

I know my eyesight isn’t what it used to be, but West Ham’s late equaliser yesterday looked like it came off the arm?
VAR on 11:16 - Feb 15 with 767 viewsElijahK

VAR on 12:18 - Feb 14 by PaleRider

English referees are a laughing stock. VAR has somehow managed to make things worse.

I genuinely believe that there is a strong whiff of corruption in this area as it is simply not credible that top level referees can be so incompetent - there seem to be issues in virtually every single PL match, not just ours.

You say the English refs are a joke, but when do you ever watch the other ones? As that Africa cup of nations, certainly showed that they’re better than the ones there, and as someone who watches some of the La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc games, they’re not different to the refs for those games. As every league has those poor officials that let the whole referees together down most weeks.

Hence why there’s very little controversy at major international football ones, as FIFA/UEFA can just pick the best/most reliable officials and leave out the rubbish ones.

VAR on 12:26 - Feb 15 with 740 viewsPaleRider

VAR on 11:16 - Feb 15 by ElijahK

You say the English refs are a joke, but when do you ever watch the other ones? As that Africa cup of nations, certainly showed that they’re better than the ones there, and as someone who watches some of the La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc games, they’re not different to the refs for those games. As every league has those poor officials that let the whole referees together down most weeks.

Hence why there’s very little controversy at major international football ones, as FIFA/UEFA can just pick the best/most reliable officials and leave out the rubbish ones.

If our refs are so good how come they didn't referee at the World Cup or get finals anymore at the Euros? Or are you saying that it's fine that they are as crap as any others? I remember when our refs were the envy of the World.

Also, why has the standard not improved since VAR? Is it the fault of VAR or the fault of the people operating it?

So long as you are happy that's ok but the quality of refereeing in England is frankly pathetic.
VAR on 12:56 - Feb 15 with 712 viewsElijahK

VAR on 12:26 - Feb 15 by PaleRider

If our refs are so good how come they didn't referee at the World Cup or get finals anymore at the Euros? Or are you saying that it's fine that they are as crap as any others? I remember when our refs were the envy of the World.

Also, why has the standard not improved since VAR? Is it the fault of VAR or the fault of the people operating it?

So long as you are happy that's ok but the quality of refereeing in England is frankly pathetic.

Yeah I’ve heard this World Cup thing enough times before, but the World Cup had VAR in it for the first time ever, and none of the PL officials had much, if any at all, experience with it, so weren’t selected due to the fact they wouldn’t necessarily know what to do and need more experience with it (hence why there were English officials at the Euros and will be some at the World Cup in Qatar).
And the reason they didn’t get any of the semi’s or final at the euros last year is pretty clear, as Oliver and Taylor both got a quarter final if I recall correctly, but they’re not allowed to officiate any games that have a direct impact for their nation, so couldn’t do the final as England were in it, and the semi’s as whoever won that was guaranteed to play England or Denmark, so can’t officiate it (and it’s the exact same for the champions league and such as they can never officiate any English teams in those contests ether).

And with regards to VAR, well yes we have certainly had many blatant cock ups in the prem, but a majority of these decisions are just debatable ones, with the back and white ones (like offsides, mistaken identity, whether it was inside or outside the box etc… being given correctly every since VAR was introduced) as there will always be debates for your typical foul and whether it was a pen/not or a red/yellow etc, whilst the black and white scenarios are when only saw losers/people that don’t know that LOTG complain, as to my memory the only two times I’ve seen VAR actually mess up with black and white scenarios are for the offside against Ings when we played Villa at home last season (as he was measured from his arm and not where he could score/play the ball from) and West Brom last season when they disallowed their goal because a player was blocking the camera which meant that you couldn’t see if he was onside or not (even though we all knew he was blatantly not).
As 9 times out of 10 the VAR issues are due to people being sore losers, or just don’t know the LOTG, not that VAR messed up. As yeah VAR certainly is far from perfect currently, but it’s still done better for what it was like beforehand (although that’s just for what’s offside/a foul and not the fans experience at games), but won’t ever be perfect as they’ll always be debate, unless it’s only used for black and white scenarios.

But like I said before, the officiating in England is no different than that of the other major European leagues and is certainly better than most other countries, it’s just refs don’t ever get credit and will be criticised quite often for things they get right (Oliver and the Wolves VS Arsenal incident is a perfect example!).
As basically everything I’ve said above is a fact, as anyone would realise if they’ve ever been in a refs position themselves, or watched foreign leagues/knew the LOTG would agree with me on.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2022 13:02]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024