Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich 13:02 - Feb 14 with 109417 viewsloftboy

Should the worst happen and the Russians invade, I suspect that many rich Russians in the UK will be part of the proposed sanctions, could this affect our foes down the road?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 18:50 - Mar 16 with 4309 viewsQPR_John

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 07:35 - Mar 16 by Ranger_Things

Yep, brave woman. It is a bit galling to read Conservatives MP’s praising her when they just passed a bill which could see someone over here getting 10 years for doing the same.

Really!!!! So all this talk about Putin is a pack of lies. He really is a good bloke.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 19:44 - Mar 16 with 4232 viewsJuzzie

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 18:34 - Mar 16 by themodfather

that is the second panorama expose on roman, not much changed , so why a 2 decade delay in action? and what does football do about saudi money in the game and their appalling human non rights! we will be force fed the love for Qatar soon and little said of the 1000s who died building unneeded stadiums in the desert!

“…… so why a 2 decade delay in action?”

I would hazard a guess that Roman’s plan worked. Make Chelsea so successful it has afforded him all sorts of protection.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 21:36 - Mar 16 with 4134 viewsgobbles

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 07:35 - Mar 16 by Ranger_Things

Yep, brave woman. It is a bit galling to read Conservatives MP’s praising her when they just passed a bill which could see someone over here getting 10 years for doing the same.

Reminds me a bit of a bit from the old C4 show Who Dares Wins, which I used to love, talking about Thatcher standing up for trade union rights, but only in Poland
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 00:46 - Mar 17 with 4034 viewsLythamR

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 19:44 - Mar 16 by Juzzie

“…… so why a 2 decade delay in action?”

I would hazard a guess that Roman’s plan worked. Make Chelsea so successful it has afforded him all sorts of protection.

2 decades of snouts in troughs. unfortunately for them they finally have had to act
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 01:47 - Mar 17 with 3979 viewsThe_Beast1976

This is an interesting read, with some 'alternative' background to all that is going on:

https://mronline.org/2022/02/24/what-you-should-really-know-about-ukraine/
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 12:49 - Mar 17 with 3793 viewsJuzzie

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 01:47 - Mar 17 by The_Beast1976

This is an interesting read, with some 'alternative' background to all that is going on:

"Russia’s demand that NATO cease its expansion to Russia’s borders...."
The are further other references to NATO 'expanding' in the article.

As far as I understand it NATO does not 'expand' as such. Countries ask to be considered to join.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 12:59 - Mar 17 with 3764 viewsLythamR

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 12:49 - Mar 17 by Juzzie

"Russia’s demand that NATO cease its expansion to Russia’s borders...."
The are further other references to NATO 'expanding' in the article.

As far as I understand it NATO does not 'expand' as such. Countries ask to be considered to join.

and if a country joins, Nato expands. accurate by any definition i am aware of
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 13:01 - Mar 17 with 3753 viewsJuzzie

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 12:59 - Mar 17 by LythamR

and if a country joins, Nato expands. accurate by any definition i am aware of

I think though that the suggestion is that NATO pursues expansion (maybe it does) rather than it happens by request.
Login to get fewer ads

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 13:15 - Mar 17 with 3705 viewsLythamR

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 13:01 - Mar 17 by Juzzie

I think though that the suggestion is that NATO pursues expansion (maybe it does) rather than it happens by request.

Well if you consider what Nato looked like in 1997 compared to now you would have to say that it has followed an expansionist policy after all its completely within their remit to allow new memberships

The USA in particular but also UK and other western nation have multiple reasons to want expansion, as well as the increased defensive buffer it also opens up new markets for US/UK Munitions and military equipment sales

For clarity I am not saying thats right or wrong just that it is a fact.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 13:34 - Mar 17 with 3656 viewsKonk

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 13:15 - Mar 17 by LythamR

Well if you consider what Nato looked like in 1997 compared to now you would have to say that it has followed an expansionist policy after all its completely within their remit to allow new memberships

The USA in particular but also UK and other western nation have multiple reasons to want expansion, as well as the increased defensive buffer it also opens up new markets for US/UK Munitions and military equipment sales

For clarity I am not saying thats right or wrong just that it is a fact.

Germany and others have also arguably spent far less on defence than they might otherwise have done, because of the protection afforded them by NATO membership. You could also argue that allowing countries such as Poland, the Baltics etc, who Putin sees as part of the Russian sphere of influence, to join, makes it more likely that NATO will have to invoke article 5 in Europe at some stage. Having seen what’s gone on in Georgia since 2008 and Ukraine since 2014, you can particularly see why the Baltic states would want membership.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 17:00 - Mar 17 with 3549 viewsthemodfather

Putin wants the old soviet union back, wants the cold war . many old russians no not want it back, he might they don't .
has a NATO tank ever rolled over a border in anger? NO.
has a russian tank? yes, many times . who is the aggressor? the world is being held to ransom with nuclear war and fear rockets will be used.
his men used polonium in london, nerve agents in salisbury etc not good
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 21:52 - Mar 18 with 3324 viewsR_from_afar

I don't think this has been posted on here before but this is an incredibly interesting, compelling, heartfelt and convincing appeal to the Russian people, soldiers and government.

Powerful and moving but with a great story about Arnie himself woven into it.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 22:12 - Mar 18 with 3293 viewsdmm

Despite assurances given that there would be no further NATO creeping eastwards, since 1997 14 countries joined. That is those countries' right to choose but given America dominates NATO, it's no surprise Russia has felt threatened.

Putin has used this NATO creep as reason for his invasion of Ukraine but many think it's an excuse. Putin wants to re-establish Russia as a world power and he sees himself as a second Peter the Great who started the expansion of the Russian empire.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 23:09 - Mar 18 with 3241 viewsswisscottage

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 01:47 - Mar 17 by The_Beast1976

by that piece it would be ok for the West to invade Belarus after Putin's coercion into a client state at the point they were starting to lean to the west.

hardly surprising a Putin apologists piece comes out of that quagmire of Marxist anti-democracy, pro authoritarian bollox.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 23:33 - Mar 18 with 3225 viewsDannyPaddox

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 21:52 - Mar 18 by R_from_afar

I don't think this has been posted on here before but this is an incredibly interesting, compelling, heartfelt and convincing appeal to the Russian people, soldiers and government.

Powerful and moving but with a great story about Arnie himself woven into it.

I genuinely found this powerful and moving. I hope somehow Russian soldiers and a good chunk of the Russian populace get to see it. And as a footnote if ever Hollywood decides to produce a Father Ted movie, Arnie is surely a shoe-in to play Father Jack.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 10:04 - Mar 19 with 3034 viewsizlingtonhoop

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 23:33 - Mar 18 by DannyPaddox

I genuinely found this powerful and moving. I hope somehow Russian soldiers and a good chunk of the Russian populace get to see it. And as a footnote if ever Hollywood decides to produce a Father Ted movie, Arnie is surely a shoe-in to play Father Jack.

I'll be...
...FECK!
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 21:36 - Mar 19 with 2770 viewsGloryHunter

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 23:33 - Mar 18 by DannyPaddox

The Russians won't get to see it though, will they. Their media is too tightly controlled for that.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 22:47 - Mar 19 with 2684 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 21:36 - Mar 19 by GloryHunter

The Russians won't get to see it though, will they. Their media is too tightly controlled for that.

Even if they did see it what would they do?

It reminded me of the Remain campaign videos. Look where that got us.

I mean are we seriously hedging our futures on Arnie?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 00:34 - Mar 20 with 2617 viewsGaryT

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 22:47 - Mar 19 by CliveWilsonSaid

Even if they did see it what would they do?

It reminded me of the Remain campaign videos. Look where that got us.

I mean are we seriously hedging our futures on Arnie?

Well, the future is not set.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 02:12 - Mar 20 with 2575 viewsSharpy36

[Post edited 20 Mar 2022 12:56]

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 21:21 - Apr 14 with 2114 viewsDWQPR

Looks like the Ruskies have been a bit careless with their third biggest ship given that they have denied that the Ukrainians scored a direct hit on it

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61114843

Shame. 😂

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 21:57 - Apr 14 with 2021 viewsstowmarketrange

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 21:21 - Apr 14 by DWQPR

Looks like the Ruskies have been a bit careless with their third biggest ship given that they have denied that the Ukrainians scored a direct hit on it

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61114843

Shame. 😂

Lost its balance eh?Thats a new one.Don’t tell uncle Albert.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 01:17 - Apr 15 with 1835 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Never undererestimate the Russian bear.

They will keep coming as the Wehrmacht found out. (though thats a whole logisictial and tactical argument why they lost) *horses really*

As I mentioned before I hope they do a Finland.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 07:16 - Apr 15 with 1697 viewsstowmarketrange

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 01:17 - Apr 15 by Metallica_Hoop

Never undererestimate the Russian bear.

They will keep coming as the Wehrmacht found out. (though thats a whole logisictial and tactical argument why they lost) *horses really*

As I mentioned before I hope they do a Finland.

It’s slightly different now as that was the old Soviet Union fighting the Germans during WW2,which meant they could use the Ukrainians,Latvians and others as cannon fodder to wear down their enemy.Now they only have native Russians to fight and die in their wars.
I can’t see Russian mothers putting up with their sons coming home in body bags for long this time.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 20:08 - Apr 15 with 1550 viewsJuzzie

Well, we knew it anyway but the Kremlin have got caught out lying.

The initial reaction to the damage to the Moskva was that a fire onboard set the munitions room off and it wasn’t a Ukrainian strike.

Now they are saying it was hit by the Ukranian’s and retaliated by hitting the factory where the weapons are made and extra shelling back at Kiev.

So which is it, eh Putin? One of them is a lie.

What made me ‘laugh’ was this old guy on Russian state TV apoplectic that they dared to attack Russia. Not sure if he grasps the concept of battle.

Edit: seems like the official stance was the fire on board and the attack on the factory was in retaliation to Ukraine attacking a village. Either I’m misreading things or it’s chopping and changing.

[Post edited 16 Apr 2022 9:49]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024