Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Dell v St Marys 12:11 - Feb 19 with 2078 viewsSouthSeaSaint

Just thinking today that if today's game was played at The Dell then it may well have been called off due to a waterlogged pitch.
If not, and before cover was put over the Milton and Archers Rd ends, I would now be walking up to catch a bus into town, walk in the rain from the bus station, queue up for 3/4hr to bag a spot at the front of the Chocolate Box and huddle in the pouring rain. for 90 mins
Reverse the travel arrangements for the return trip home and arrive home to a largely unheated house, soaking wet but thinking it was all worth while if we won.
Compare this to my expected experience today ie drive to within relatively close proximity to the stadium, no queuing, dry seat etc etc
The only downside will be the feeling of disappointed if we dont get a win.
The Dell v St Marys on 13:53 - Feb 19 with 1970 viewsChesham_Saint

Oh for the good old days! You forgot to mention queuing for the bogs at half time with everyone pissing into that twenty-five foot long urinal, getting the splash back from some old fart losing control of his todger, all the while inhaling the steamy vapours of gallons of various skinheads’ skanky piss….!

Lovely…

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

The Dell v St Marys on 13:15 - Feb 22 with 1659 viewsSaintNick

Luxury !!!!

I would walk to town we couldnt afford buses

I would queue for 2 hours in the pouring rain even if it was sunny, have to walk home the long way because the paths were flooded and then sleep in a shed in the back garden because the house was so cold.

They dont realise they have got it made these days

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

The Dell v St Marys on 13:31 - Feb 22 with 1645 viewsNumber_58

The Dell v St Marys on 13:15 - Feb 22 by SaintNick

Luxury !!!!

I would walk to town we couldnt afford buses

I would queue for 2 hours in the pouring rain even if it was sunny, have to walk home the long way because the paths were flooded and then sleep in a shed in the back garden because the house was so cold.

They dont realise they have got it made these days

A shed? We could only dream of sleeping in a shed. We slept in the ditch (if we were lucky).
The Dell v St Marys on 14:26 - Feb 22 with 1614 viewsBerber

😂.
The Dell v St Marys on 16:40 - Feb 22 with 1573 viewsPaleRider

A football??????? We only had a rock and it was very heavy!
The Dell v St Marys on 17:25 - Feb 22 with 1547 viewsdwayne_dibley

Oh for the days when they used a skate's head at the Dell

Plus the Plod who marched into the halftime RAF dog display to evict them from the pitch, priceless!!!

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

The Dell v St Marys on 18:16 - Feb 22 with 1515 viewsgrumpy

Standing under The West Stand and getting covered with dust when we scored from those above stamping their feet.
The Dell v St Marys on 19:08 - Feb 22 with 1469 viewsdwayne_dibley

The Dell v St Marys on 18:16 - Feb 22 by grumpy

Standing under The West Stand and getting covered with dust when we scored from those above stamping their feet.

plus the liquid dripping down, we all hoped it was just coffee or beer

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Login to get fewer ads

The Dell v St Marys on 20:43 - Feb 22 with 1407 viewsChesham_Saint

The Dell v St Marys on 17:25 - Feb 22 by dwayne_dibley

Oh for the days when they used a skate's head at the Dell

Plus the Plod who marched into the halftime RAF dog display to evict them from the pitch, priceless!!!

Yes that was brilliant. Bet he was thinking “here it is! THIS is my George Medal moment!”
Actually, he was being very brave as he genuinely thought the guy had a gun. Apparently (well, according to someone on here ITK ) he got pelters from his colleagues back at the nick for years, poor slob.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024