Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Port Vale (h) Match Thread 17:04 - Feb 21 with 24894 viewsHullDale

Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 07:35 - Feb 24 with 1952 viewskel

Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 22:27 - Feb 23 by boromat

Sounds more cultured than the main stand. My ears are still ringing with some bloke shouting FORWARD every time we got the ball. Didn't matter that on Tuesday everytime we tried a forward ball they gave it away it was still what he wanted, FORWARD

One behind me wanted us to go long, then when we lost the ball from that he wanted us to play it short. And vice versa.

He also wanted us to get ā€œCharmaineā€ on constantly in the second half.
Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 08:26 - Feb 24 with 1874 viewsDale_4_Life

Family stand sitting behind the goal used to be a pretty good atmosphere. Tuesday was toxic from the first 5 minutes some fans very buryesq wanting to comment very loudly on every single part of the game. These are fans I notice have supported a very long time not johhny come lately. Some comments just plain embarrassing. For 90 minutes we could all do so much better. Let's SUPPORT and the critical disection can be on here post match should it be required. The lads on the pitch are in real need of us as the 12th man at the moment not the weight around their necks at every opportunity.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2022 8:28]
Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 12:09 - Feb 24 with 1651 viewspioneer

Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 07:35 - Feb 24 by kel

One behind me wanted us to go long, then when we lost the ball from that he wanted us to play it short. And vice versa.

He also wanted us to get ā€œCharmaineā€ on constantly in the second half.

I always wonder whatever happened tothe old bloke who would spend 90 minutes shouting

ā€œget some wingers on, Connorsā€ back in the 70s.

He seemed to confuse our blue collar manager with the superstar mens tennis player of the time.
Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 12:12 - Feb 24 with 1644 viewsEllDale

There were some very similar comments about toxicity made on a thread on here after the Stevenage game (I think).
Is it something to do with Tuesday nights? It's been remarked on before about how we rarely seem to play well on cold midweek evenings.
Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 12:14 - Feb 24 with 1635 viewsSuddenLad

Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 12:09 - Feb 24 by pioneer

I always wonder whatever happened tothe old bloke who would spend 90 minutes shouting

ā€œget some wingers on, Connorsā€ back in the 70s.

He seemed to confuse our blue collar manager with the superstar mens tennis player of the time.

That was Fred Jones, who used to live on Emma Street. He died, aged 90 about 8 years ago. A real character. I lived very near to him in the days when he was bellowing from the sidelines.

Ć¢ā‚¬Å“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooledĆ¢ā‚¬Ā

Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 12:27 - Feb 24 with 1599 viewsAtThePeake

Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 23:06 - Feb 23 by Shun

Correct.

And it's not actually been *that* bad. We've conceded 9 set piece goals so far this season. 12 teams have conceded more from set pieces than us.

It is frustrating to have every single man in our box to defend a set piece though. I'd like to see us leave at least one outlet in a semi-attacking position (even 30/40 yards from our goal), particularly when we're 0-1 down at home in the second-half. Having every single player in your box means the best you can hope for if you win the header/make the clearance is giving the opposition possession back as far away from our goal as possible with no pressure on the ball.

Tangled up in blue.

Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 12:42 - Feb 24 with 1567 views49thseason

Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 23:07 - Feb 23 by Shun

Kelly is contracted until summer ā€˜23.

You are correct , I was sure it was just 1 year so, for me, good news. But we are still facing another busy close season on the transfer front,
Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 17:12 - Feb 24 with 1363 viewsboromat

Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 12:42 - Feb 24 by 49thseason

You are correct , I was sure it was just 1 year so, for me, good news. But we are still facing another busy close season on the transfer front,

Pretty much a brand new defence will be needed which isn't a bad thing.

O'Keefe, O'Connell, Dorsett, Downing, Clarke will all probably leave.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Login to get fewer ads

Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 19:15 - Feb 24 with 1185 viewspioneer

The odd thing is we are tenth in the league in both goals scored and goals conceded. OK, games played differs between teams but on goals scored and conceded alone it suggests the problem is not quite as clear as improving the defence or improving the attack.

Game management a problem?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024