Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Port Vale (h) Match Thread 17:04 - Feb 21 with 25280 viewsHullDale

Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 20:50 - Feb 22 with 3079 viewsdalian

Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 20:44 - Feb 22 by jfmolyneux

We look nervous and panicky when they press us.
On a separate note tho, I thought from iPlayer that foul on Campbell looked like a pen and last man. Did anyone else see a different angle?

Sat in TDS, nowhere near a foul. Threw himself down when through on goal. Good call from ref imo.
Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 20:59 - Feb 22 with 3001 viewsEllDale

Getting a tad frustrated with these offsides.
Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 21:17 - Feb 22 with 2823 viewsjfmolyneux

This is shocking. It's only 1-0 but we just can't get into their half. So little quality.
Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 21:17 - Feb 22 with 2814 viewsdeeplishblue

70 mins gone. Can't recall anything creative that we have done in the whole game so far.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 21:31 - Feb 22 with 2651 viewsoddjob007

80 odd mins in and this is shocking. We canā€™t pass the ball or trap the ball, and we are completely devoid of any idea in the final third.

What has happened to our full backs bombing forward?
Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 21:32 - Feb 22 with 2639 viewsscarrow

Flat, no urgency, no fight. A truly dreadful, toothless performance.

Poll: Final position

Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 21:34 - Feb 22 with 2601 viewsFrog

As it stands:

Win percentage -

BBM - 31.2%
RS - 23.3%

Quite worrying I think.
Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 21:35 - Feb 22 with 2585 viewsCedar_Room

0 shots on target. Again.
Login to get fewer ads

Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 21:37 - Feb 22 with 2543 viewsCedar_Room

Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 21:34 - Feb 22 by Frog

As it stands:

Win percentage -

BBM - 31.2%
RS - 23.3%

Quite worrying I think.

Yet there are many convinced Stockdale is the man for next season where heā€™ll truly give it a good go
Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 21:38 - Feb 22 with 2534 viewsCedar_Room

Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 21:37 - Feb 22 by Cedar_Room

Yet there are many convinced Stockdale is the man for next season where heā€™ll truly give it a good go

Always had faith in him personally
Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 21:38 - Feb 22 with 2533 viewsFrog

1-1
Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 21:43 - Feb 22 with 2409 viewsjfmolyneux

How on earth have we got a point there?! Hilarious!
Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 21:47 - Feb 22 with 2296 viewsonedalefan

At least we had more possession. 50.2%
Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 21:52 - Feb 22 with 2168 viewskel

Wasnā€™t great was it but I had to leave early due to the grown men behind me in the main stand. One must have said ā€œawwww come onā€ at least 50 times during the match and another had about 5 or 6 foul mouthed rants around children that lasted for about 5 minutes each time. It was like listening to a child whoā€™s had his sweets taken off him. They eventually just ground me down and I couldnā€™t stand it any longer. Christ knows what theyā€™re like at home.
Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 21:52 - Feb 22 with 2167 viewsHullDale

Lucky to get a point - first half average, second half awful.

Officials as bad as we've seen all season.

More than that, I'm still worried about the mindset in the squad. Aside from O'Connell being more bothered about berating the team than fixing a team mistake, I can't understand the attitude we saw. We equalise on 93 mins, Vale heads go down. The ball falls on 94 mins to Odoh on the left in acres of space - Dorsett covering behind, Kelly in front and Ball to his side. His decision? Watch it bounce 10 yards in front of him and out of play.

Baffling.
Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 21:52 - Feb 22 with 2161 viewsCedar_Room

Think if youā€™re a Port Vale fan youā€™re gonna be gutted about that. We scored from our only shot on target and maybe even our only chance(?). They were better than us but hardly world beaters. We showed very very little there. The positives are that weā€™re now 7 points clear of the drop zone and moving in the right direction with games in hand on most teams.
BUT - I donā€™t know how you can watch that and not think we have gone backwards since the season started. Iā€™ve given RS plenty of time but all the issues that were there at the start of the season still remain and heā€™s had investment and the players brought in who he wanted. I hope we can continue to steal points like that because otherwise thereā€™s still every chance we can get dragged into the relegation battle playing shite like that. Jury remains out on RS as far as Iā€™m concerned.
Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 21:55 - Feb 22 with 2095 views442Dale

Whilst itā€™s possible to question the managerā€™s selections and tactics, not sure how his players being unable to pass to each other is his fault. One of the worst games in a long time in terms of keeping the ball, controlling it and looking competent.

Yet we got a point.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 21:58 - Feb 22 with 2035 viewspioneer

Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 21:52 - Feb 22 by Cedar_Room

Think if youā€™re a Port Vale fan youā€™re gonna be gutted about that. We scored from our only shot on target and maybe even our only chance(?). They were better than us but hardly world beaters. We showed very very little there. The positives are that weā€™re now 7 points clear of the drop zone and moving in the right direction with games in hand on most teams.
BUT - I donā€™t know how you can watch that and not think we have gone backwards since the season started. Iā€™ve given RS plenty of time but all the issues that were there at the start of the season still remain and heā€™s had investment and the players brought in who he wanted. I hope we can continue to steal points like that because otherwise thereā€™s still every chance we can get dragged into the relegation battle playing shite like that. Jury remains out on RS as far as Iā€™m concerned.

With our goal difference (far better than the others around and below us, except Leyton orient) its effectively 8 points advantage. Doesn't take away the frustration of performances and abysmal home record though.
Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 21:59 - Feb 22 with 2020 viewsBarrowdale

Spineless, clueless and very fortunate!
Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 22:02 - Feb 22 with 1957 viewsdownunder

Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 21:34 - Feb 22 by Frog

As it stands:

Win percentage -

BBM - 31.2%
RS - 23.3%

Quite worrying I think.

Fair point, but i would hazard a guess that the loss percentage is more in our favour.
Be interesting to know what the season record for draws is, as we have had plenty this time.
Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 22:06 - Feb 22 with 1888 viewsEllDale

Not much more to be said.
Point salvaged against average opposition. Insipid performance.
Other results were good as well with Colchester losing at home and Walsallā€™s goal difference getting a pasting.
One corner at home though. One corner.
RS still seems no nearer to finding the correct permutation from any two of Newby, Grant or Odoh.
In fact heā€™ll play ABC - Anyone But Cashman.
Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 22:07 - Feb 22 with 1882 viewsMoonyDale

Just got back home and have to say that was embarrassing, how we got a point is beyond me we certainly didn't deserve or earn the right to share the spoils....As bad as anything seen under BBM, nobody can take any credit for their performances tonight....If there are any Vale fans lurking on here, you were robbed....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 22:07 - Feb 22 with 1879 viewsShun

Well, where do we start with that?

Pure robbery. Iā€™ve not seen a crime that big since Bottomley was in the building. Because that was absolutely shƃĀ®te. Controversially, perhaps, I donā€™t think we were that bad in the first half. We at least had a plan, even if it wasnā€™t working. The second half, though, we simply didnā€™t have any idea. No game plan, no clue, just nothing. How we managed to escape that game with a point is quite frankly ridiculous. I genuinely think thatā€™s the worst 45-minute performance Iā€™ve ever seen.

I thought Port Vale, for their part, were quite impressive. Although they shouldā€™ve put the game to bed in the second half rather than settling for a 1-0.

I really canā€™t get over how bad that second half was. Thereā€™s not a single player who wasnā€™t poor.
Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 22:09 - Feb 22 with 1836 viewsD_Alien

Awful game, and i truly expect better, but we've moved up the table due to never giving up. Ball epitomises that for me, and should be captain

Meanwhile, sides around us (like Walsall) are getting tonked. 30 league games under RS and we've not been tonked by anyone, which is something to bear in mind

Onto the next game on Saturday, and need to see an improvement

[Post edited 22 Feb 2022 22:10]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Port Vale (h) Match Thread on 22:13 - Feb 22 with 1793 viewsTomRAFC

There's a serious stadium issue from today that needs to be addressed. Those chicken curry pies were superb! They need to be there every game rather than just a guest pie.

We were completely ineffective today and have stolen a point. They were a physical team who shut us down and we hadn't a clue what to do. Total lack of marking for their goal. Credit to Ball for a cracking finish.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024