Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? 14:23 - Feb 28 with 10569 viewsSTID2017

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 22:33 - Feb 28 with 647 viewsSTID2017

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 21:04 - Feb 28 by Dr_Parnassus

My insistence was correct.

You put 5 options in quite intentionally with only 2 options being less than “good”. People will always look back fondly, but him being poor in the league is a fact, him not being a great manager is a fact and him doing well in the cup for us is a fact.

You may not like those facts, but facts they remain. No matter how many of the gang you get to vote a certain way on a football forum (?!)… it won’t change anything.

He is an incredibly average manager which is why Swansea City is the pinnacle of his CV, and he was sacked after 18 months.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2022 21:08]

Do your own poll then ?
I asked in essence your opinion plus some others.
I could have just asked two opinions, yours and mine, but left it more open.
It was a fair poll and had it come out 75% in your favour, you would have been dancing in the aisles of wherever you live.
However it didn't and you can't accept it
Oh dear, how sad

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 22:33 - Feb 28 with 646 viewsDr_Parnassus

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 22:29 - Feb 28 by STID2017

No I put you option up there as well but only 23% agree with you
Is it so hard for you to admit whilst it is your opinion, it is not fact ?
You insisted so many agreed with your opinion
Clearly not

There is no “average manager” there.

If you asked “is 1.13 points per game in the league over 18 months ‘great’ ” then I’m sure you would get a different result. Because it factually isn’t.

What people are doing is voting based on fond memories, which is fine. But it still won’t change the fact he was only here for 18 months, was sacked after some horrendous league results and over half his league reign went for under a point a game.

That is not an opinion.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 22:43 - Feb 28 with 625 viewsSTID2017

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 22:33 - Feb 28 by Dr_Parnassus

There is no “average manager” there.

If you asked “is 1.13 points per game in the league over 18 months ‘great’ ” then I’m sure you would get a different result. Because it factually isn’t.

What people are doing is voting based on fond memories, which is fine. But it still won’t change the fact he was only here for 18 months, was sacked after some horrendous league results and over half his league reign went for under a point a game.

That is not an opinion.

????
How many lines do want ?
Do your own poll if you don't accept it ?
Makes no odds if there was an option for "average league manager" as you option and much vaulted opinion is that he was a" poor league manager".
So even if some who selected Great or Good had selected average, it would still have left only 23% selecting poor ?
So your argument is mute

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 22:45 - Feb 28 with 619 viewsTreforys_Jack

My opinion and my opinion only,

1.Tosh - Surreal times and our highest finish in the top league.
2.Roberto - My most enjoyable time watching us.
3.Rodgers - Our most successful manager in the PL
4.Laudrup - Legend of a player and our first major trophy.
How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 22:48 - Feb 28 with 617 viewsDr_Parnassus

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 22:43 - Feb 28 by STID2017

????
How many lines do want ?
Do your own poll if you don't accept it ?
Makes no odds if there was an option for "average league manager" as you option and much vaulted opinion is that he was a" poor league manager".
So even if some who selected Great or Good had selected average, it would still have left only 23% selecting poor ?
So your argument is mute

I don’t need a poll that is swayed by people with vested interests in inter forum arguments.

If someone tells me less than a point a game for 35 games is “great”, it still won’t make it true. It’s factually not great whether you like it or not, or whether you get less than 20 (?!) people to say it is.

And it’s “moot” not “mute”.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2022 22:56]

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 22:52 - Feb 28 with 610 viewsmax936

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 22:45 - Feb 28 by Treforys_Jack

My opinion and my opinion only,

1.Tosh - Surreal times and our highest finish in the top league.
2.Roberto - My most enjoyable time watching us.
3.Rodgers - Our most successful manager in the PL
4.Laudrup - Legend of a player and our first major trophy.

Sums things up nicely, does that, although I loathe to give the waiter any praise due to what he did in leaving.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 23:00 - Feb 28 with 607 viewsSTID2017

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 22:07 - Feb 28 by Brynmill_Jack

Some people enjoy being contrary. That Andy mole is another one.

I know. right ?

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 23:04 - Feb 28 with 602 viewsDr_Parnassus

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 23:00 - Feb 28 by STID2017

I know. right ?

Absolutely. Anyone pretending one of our worst league records is great is most certainly enjoying the obtuse nature of their view.

Login to get fewer ads

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 23:04 - Feb 28 with 603 viewsSTID2017

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 22:48 - Feb 28 by Dr_Parnassus

I don’t need a poll that is swayed by people with vested interests in inter forum arguments.

If someone tells me less than a point a game for 35 games is “great”, it still won’t make it true. It’s factually not great whether you like it or not, or whether you get less than 20 (?!) people to say it is.

So if Laudrupn had achieved 1.45 PPG would he just be an average league manager then ?
Asking for a friend

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 23:06 - Feb 28 with 600 viewsSTID2017

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 22:48 - Feb 28 by Dr_Parnassus

It's mute - I ain't listening !
[Post edited 28 Feb 2022 23:06]

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 23:07 - Feb 28 with 595 viewsDr_Parnassus

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 23:06 - Feb 28 by STID2017

It's mute - I ain't listening !
[Post edited 28 Feb 2022 23:06]

Well it’s certainly not registering, I agree.

But you are certainly reading it.

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 23:08 - Feb 28 with 590 viewsSTID2017

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 23:07 - Feb 28 by Dr_Parnassus

Well it’s certainly not registering, I agree.

But you are certainly reading it.

Whatever, we'll have to agree to disagree ( as have 77% of other posters )
Nighty night

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 23:09 - Feb 28 with 589 viewsTreforys_Jack

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 22:52 - Feb 28 by max936

Sums things up nicely, does that, although I loathe to give the waiter any praise due to what he did in leaving.

I still have an unashamed man crush on him max.
How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 23:09 - Feb 28 with 587 viewsDr_Parnassus

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 23:04 - Feb 28 by STID2017

So if Laudrupn had achieved 1.45 PPG would he just be an average league manager then ?
Asking for a friend

1.45 in the Premier League is 55 points per season, if he ended his management with that record then it would be hard to state he was a below par league manager.

Sadly that wasn’t the case and he was sacked because he could barely scrape a point a game.

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 07:10 - Mar 1 with 548 viewsbuilthjack

60% great
15% good.

There's ya go.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 07:26 - Mar 1 with 542 viewsDr_Parnassus

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 07:10 - Mar 1 by builthjack

60% great
15% good.

There's ya go.

Irrelevant.

A point a game is neither great or good. Simply obvious.

Great and good memories maybe.

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 07:49 - Mar 1 with 538 viewsbuilthjack

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 07:26 - Mar 1 by Dr_Parnassus

Irrelevant.

A point a game is neither great or good. Simply obvious.

Great and good memories maybe.

🙈

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 07:51 - Mar 1 with 536 viewsDr_Parnassus

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 07:49 - Mar 1 by builthjack

🙈

Don't be racist.

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 09:20 - Mar 1 with 522 viewsbuilthjack

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 07:51 - Mar 1 by Dr_Parnassus

Don't be racist.

75% at least disagree with you.
Probably more.

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 09:22 - Mar 1 with 519 viewsDr_Parnassus

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 09:20 - Mar 1 by builthjack

75% at least disagree with you.
Probably more.

That's okay, about the same disagreed that Cooper was going to do well at Forest.

People tend to vote with emotion rather than their brain.

99% could disagree and still a point a game wouldn't be ''great''.

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 09:23 - Mar 1 with 516 viewstrampie

Laudrup was a superb manager for the Swans, fought on all fronts.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 09:25 - Mar 1 with 513 viewsDr_Parnassus

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 09:23 - Mar 1 by trampie

Laudrup was a superb manager for the Swans, fought on all fronts.

I would love that to be true too.

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 09:45 - Mar 1 with 496 viewstrampie

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 09:25 - Mar 1 by Dr_Parnassus

I would love that to be true too.

From memory, Swans finished 9th in the Premier League in Laudrup first season and won the League Cup beating Liverpool at Anfield and Chelsea over two legs on route to winning the cup.
In his second season he was sacked with us 12th in the Premier League and still in the FA cup (5th round) having beaten Man Utd at Old Trafford and still in Europe in the knockout stages having qualified in a group with a Spanish, Russian and Swiss sides.

Fighting on all fronts and imo being super successful over the course of his stint.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 09:50 - Mar 1 with 492 viewsDr_Parnassus

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 09:45 - Mar 1 by trampie

From memory, Swans finished 9th in the Premier League in Laudrup first season and won the League Cup beating Liverpool at Anfield and Chelsea over two legs on route to winning the cup.
In his second season he was sacked with us 12th in the Premier League and still in the FA cup (5th round) having beaten Man Utd at Old Trafford and still in Europe in the knockout stages having qualified in a group with a Spanish, Russian and Swiss sides.

Fighting on all fronts and imo being super successful over the course of his stint.

Monk finished 8th, he wasn't great either.

Laudrup had one of the worst league records in modern history for any manager managing over 6 months. Only just beaten to that accolade by Paul Clement.

At the time of his sacking we had won 1 of the last 10, and got 33 points from the last 35 games. 0.94 points per game which equates to 35 points per season.

He was good in the Cup though bless him.

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 09:52 - Mar 1 with 488 viewstrampie

That's your opinion.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024