Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? 14:23 - Feb 28 with 10570 viewsSTID2017

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 11:53 - Mar 1 with 546 viewsSTID2017

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 11:42 - Mar 1 by Dr_Parnassus

I judged overall, used the same metrics.

Laudrup didn’t have any league achievements. Qualifications via the league would have been taken into consideration for example. Any long term achievements would be taken into consideration.

But all we have is 1.13 points per game in the league an 6 rounds of a cup, 4 against lower league opposition. So he has some good marks for the cup, but ultimately lost his job due to his dire league performance.

He was here for 18 months and was sacked because our form over the last 12 was unacceptable.

Your arrogance even when proven wrong is incredible.
It is just your opinion.
Nothing more.
The 1.13 means diddly squat.
80% judge him as a great manager.
You have painted yourself into a corner and cannot come out from it.
You think your right
I know I am as do 80% of those who voted.

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 11:54 - Mar 1 with 541 viewstrampie

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 11:29 - Mar 1 by Dr_Parnassus

We beat teams like that under most managers in the premier league.

Paul Clement - Liverpool, Leicester and Everton
Carlos Carvalhal - Liverpool and Arsenal
Garry Monk - Man Utd (three times), Arsenal (twice) and Leicester

We had a decent Premier League set up.

Laudrup did it when it mattered in all or nothing games.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 11:56 - Mar 1 with 539 viewsDr_Parnassus

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 11:53 - Mar 1 by STID2017

Your arrogance even when proven wrong is incredible.
It is just your opinion.
Nothing more.
The 1.13 means diddly squat.
80% judge him as a great manager.
You have painted yourself into a corner and cannot come out from it.
You think your right
I know I am as do 80% of those who voted.

Proven wrong? Where?

1.13 means he wasn’t very good in the league, which is why he was sacked after a relatively short period of time.

Doesn’t matter if 80% rate him as a great manager, he clearly isn’t. Again, facts aren’t decided by committee, which is why Cooper is having such a great season when most said he wouldn’t.

There is no corner to be painted into. I am simply immovable on the fact that a point a game is not “great”.

It just isn’t, clearly.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 11:58 - Mar 1 with 532 viewsDr_Parnassus

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 11:54 - Mar 1 by trampie

Laudrup did it when it mattered in all or nothing games.

They all mattered. Sadly he couldn’t perform when it did matter, which is why we went at less than a point a game for the majority of his reign.

Which of course led to his sacking. The first manager we sacked in a decade.

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 12:01 - Mar 1 with 518 viewsSTID2017

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 11:56 - Mar 1 by Dr_Parnassus

Proven wrong? Where?

1.13 means he wasn’t very good in the league, which is why he was sacked after a relatively short period of time.

Doesn’t matter if 80% rate him as a great manager, he clearly isn’t. Again, facts aren’t decided by committee, which is why Cooper is having such a great season when most said he wouldn’t.

There is no corner to be painted into. I am simply immovable on the fact that a point a game is not “great”.

It just isn’t, clearly.

Just own it mun ?
You have been proven wrong.
It is just your opinion.
Which is fine.
However not a fact.
Just a subjective view.
Anyway enjoy your day in La La Land of " I'm right, everyone else is wrong"

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 12:02 - Mar 1 with 515 viewstrampie

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 11:19 - Mar 1 by trampie

Thinking about it beating Liverpool at Anfield, Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, Man Utd at Old Trafford and Valencia at the Mestalla in cups was a fantastic record by Laudrup.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2022 11:21]

I should have mentioned winning the Wembley final 5-0 as well in those list of mega results and they were mega results winning against some of the best teams in Europe/World by clear margins when it mattered away from home and you can't do much better than winning 5-0 in a Wembley final either even if it was against a lower league team.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 12:04 - Mar 1 with 510 viewsDr_Parnassus

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 12:05 - Mar 1 with 506 viewsDr_Parnassus

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 12:01 - Mar 1 by STID2017

Just own it mun ?
You have been proven wrong.
It is just your opinion.
Which is fine.
However not a fact.
Just a subjective view.
Anyway enjoy your day in La La Land of " I'm right, everyone else is wrong"

Where have I been proven wrong?

Come on Dracula, do show

Login to get fewer ads

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 12:05 - Mar 1 with 504 viewsDr_Parnassus

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 12:02 - Mar 1 by trampie

I should have mentioned winning the Wembley final 5-0 as well in those list of mega results and they were mega results winning against some of the best teams in Europe/World by clear margins when it mattered away from home and you can't do much better than winning 5-0 in a Wembley final either even if it was against a lower league team.

Yep, good cup manager for sure.

Poor league manager though.

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 12:10 - Mar 1 with 493 viewsSTID2017

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 12:02 - Mar 1 by trampie

On that run, Bradford beat Wigan, Arsenal and Aston Villa.
They had also beaten Chelsea in the FA Cup the previous season.
So that convincing win by Laudrup's team should not be underestimated.
No doubt Dr P will dismiss it as an expected win though ?

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 12:13 - Mar 1 with 488 viewsDr_Parnassus

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 12:10 - Mar 1 by STID2017

On that run, Bradford beat Wigan, Arsenal and Aston Villa.
They had also beaten Chelsea in the FA Cup the previous season.
So that convincing win by Laudrup's team should not be underestimated.
No doubt Dr P will dismiss it as an expected win though ?

You didn’t expect to beat a league 2 side?

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 12:16 - Mar 1 with 470 viewstrampie

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 12:05 - Mar 1 by Dr_Parnassus

Yep, good cup manager for sure.

Poor league manager though.

9th place finish in the Premier League and winning the League Cup, then 12th place in the Premier League and still in the FA Cup and in the knockout stages of Europe, he was dismissed more for off the field than on the field behaviour.

Laudrup was a marvelous manager for the Swans in the league and in cups.

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 12:19 - Mar 1 with 464 viewsDr_Parnassus

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 12:16 - Mar 1 by trampie

9th place finish in the Premier League and winning the League Cup, then 12th place in the Premier League and still in the FA Cup and in the knockout stages of Europe, he was dismissed more for off the field than on the field behaviour.

Again, I wish that was true.

33 points from his last 35 games, 0.91 points per game on course for 35 points in the season.

1.13 overall points per game and one of the lowest league records in our modern history for managers lasting more than 6 months, only just being beaten to that unwanted tag by Paul Clement with 1.11.

He did win a cup against a league 2 side though, no arguments there. Decent cup manager.

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 12:19 - Mar 1 with 464 viewsSTID2017

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 12:05 - Mar 1 by Dr_Parnassus

Where have I been proven wrong?

Come on Dracula, do show

What on earth are you on about now ?
Proven wrong so trying to bring some more nonsense in to muddy the waters?
Facts and opinions differ.
To reiterate, it is your opinion , ( and 20% ) of people who gave an opinion, that he was a poor league manager
It is 80% of people's opinion that he was a good or great manager.
All opinions.
No facts, including yours.
Just subjective views
Shame you can't accept it as sadly you are too arrogant to admit you were wrong
Oh dear, how sad, never mind !

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 12:21 - Mar 1 with 461 viewsDr_Parnassus

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 12:19 - Mar 1 by STID2017

What on earth are you on about now ?
Proven wrong so trying to bring some more nonsense in to muddy the waters?
Facts and opinions differ.
To reiterate, it is your opinion , ( and 20% ) of people who gave an opinion, that he was a poor league manager
It is 80% of people's opinion that he was a good or great manager.
All opinions.
No facts, including yours.
Just subjective views
Shame you can't accept it as sadly you are too arrogant to admit you were wrong
Oh dear, how sad, never mind !

I thought it was obvious what I was on about.

You said I was proven wrong. I asked where?

Your answer seems to be that other people agree with you…

As the above shows, facts are not decided by democracy.

To prove me wrong you would have to prove that having one of the worst league records is “great”.

So far you haven’t convinced me.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2022 12:23]

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 12:24 - Mar 1 with 448 viewsSTID2017

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 12:13 - Mar 1 by Dr_Parnassus

You didn’t expect to beat a league 2 side?

No, unlike you, our fans, Laudrup and his team took nothing for granted against a team that had already beaten four EPL teams in the last year.
That is why Laudrup was a great manager.
He achieved what four other EPL managers hadn't managed
Making yourself look silly again now in the face of already stated facts ( not opinions BTW ) ?

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 12:25 - Mar 1 with 446 viewsSTID2017

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 12:16 - Mar 1 by trampie

Good post.
He won't accept it though
Too arrogant

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 12:27 - Mar 1 with 443 viewsDr_Parnassus

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 12:24 - Mar 1 by STID2017

No, unlike you, our fans, Laudrup and his team took nothing for granted against a team that had already beaten four EPL teams in the last year.
That is why Laudrup was a great manager.
He achieved what four other EPL managers hadn't managed
Making yourself look silly again now in the face of already stated facts ( not opinions BTW ) ?

I didn’t take a win for granted.

But I, along with most other fans, players and Laudrup no doubt expected to beat them. Hence why he put Ki as a CB knowing we would pretty much have all of the ball.

Where am I making myself look silly? By saying a top 10 Premier League side is expected to beat a League 2 side?

Oh the sheer cheek of me eh?

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 12:28 - Mar 1 with 440 viewsDr_Parnassus

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 12:25 - Mar 1 by STID2017

Good post.
Too arrogant

I’ll accept that his opening 6 months attributed to the high finish. The rest of it was pretty dismal which is why he then went at 0.91 points per game for the rest of his reign.

That’s not arrogance, it’s just factual.

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 12:29 - Mar 1 with 436 viewstrampie

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 12:25 - Mar 1 by STID2017

Good post.
Too arrogant

He doesn't know what he is talking about, he is the same on every subject, clueless.

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 12:30 - Mar 1 with 433 viewsDr_Parnassus

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 12:29 - Mar 1 by trampie

He doesn't know what he is talking about, he is the same on every subject, clueless.

I am always proven right unfortunately.

Sadly for a select few

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 12:30 - Mar 1 with 432 viewsSTID2017

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 12:21 - Mar 1 by Dr_Parnassus

I thought it was obvious what I was on about.

You said I was proven wrong. I asked where?

Your answer seems to be that other people agree with you…

As the above shows, facts are not decided by democracy.

To prove me wrong you would have to prove that having one of the worst league records is “great”.

So far you haven’t convinced me.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2022 12:23]

Facts are immovable so cannot be disproven.
Opinions ( like yours) are just that.
You said elsewhere that many held the same opinion as you.
Just showing you that now 81?% do not ?
Believing something doesn't make it a fact
Opinions eh ?

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 12:32 - Mar 1 with 414 viewsDr_Parnassus

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 12:30 - Mar 1 by STID2017

Facts are immovable so cannot be disproven.
Opinions ( like yours) are just that.
You said elsewhere that many held the same opinion as you.
Just showing you that now 81?% do not ?
Believing something doesn't make it a fact
Opinions eh ?

Mine isn’t an opinion.

Having one of the worst league records in modern history is not “great”, by definition that is a fact.

Many people do recognise that fact, others vote with their emotions though. Hence so many got it wrong with Cooper too. That’s life.

As you say, facts are immovable.

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 12:38 - Mar 1 with 400 viewstrampie

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 12:30 - Mar 1 by Dr_Parnassus

I am always proven right unfortunately.

Sadly for a select few

No other Swansea manager won one of the three major trophies on offer every season, Laudrup did, that for starters proves you wrong.

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 12:40 - Mar 1 with 394 viewsDr_Parnassus

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 12:38 - Mar 1 by trampie

No other Swansea manager won one of the three major trophies on offer every season, Laudrup did, that for starters proves you wrong.

Indeed, that’s why he’s a good cup manager.

Likewise he has one of the worst league records of any manager in modern history. Hence he’s a poor league manager.

That’s why I’m right, obviously.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024