Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Broja, Perraud, Salisu 02:53 - Mar 3 with 1390 views1teeminants

All a big upgrade on their predecessors IMO. With this extra quality on board and every squad player busting a gut to do well we are seeing the results. Well done to Ralph.Before the game I along with many others in the pub were very critical when we saw the team sheet. What do we know FFS.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Broja, Perraud, Salisu on 09:19 - Mar 3 with 1190 viewssaints__fan__73

Sad that Broja is only here for a few more months. The Ings replacement we paid for is Barn-Door Armstrong.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Broja, Perraud, Salisu on 09:47 - Mar 3 with 1163 viewsSonicBoom

I thought the players that came in last night generally did very well. I'm not a fan but credit where it's due Stephens played well and looked commanding in defence and made some great tackles.
I was disappointed in Diallo and thought he missed his opportunity and got hooked at half time. And then there's Long. I honestly believe the turning point was when he was kneed in the back. He was hooked at half time too. Broja came on and won the pen and scored, there is no way Long would have had that sort of impact and so in a way him being inured was a good thing.
Ralph is a brave man. I still don't understand his team selection but it did work perfectly so credit to him. I can't help thinking it was a massive risk against what was on paper a very good West Ham team. Why would you put yourself in that situation. It worked so he looks like a genius - but if we had lost he would have been in for a barrage of criticism.
Broja, Perraud, Salisu on 10:17 - Mar 3 with 1131 views1teeminants

Broja, Perraud, Salisu on 09:47 - Mar 3 by SonicBoom

I thought the players that came in last night generally did very well. I'm not a fan but credit where it's due Stephens played well and looked commanding in defence and made some great tackles.
I was disappointed in Diallo and thought he missed his opportunity and got hooked at half time. And then there's Long. I honestly believe the turning point was when he was kneed in the back. He was hooked at half time too. Broja came on and won the pen and scored, there is no way Long would have had that sort of impact and so in a way him being inured was a good thing.
Ralph is a brave man. I still don't understand his team selection but it did work perfectly so credit to him. I can't help thinking it was a massive risk against what was on paper a very good West Ham team. Why would you put yourself in that situation. It worked so he looks like a genius - but if we had lost he would have been in for a barrage of criticism.

Yes agree Sonic. Diallo is a strange player. Sometimes he’s excellent sometimes below average as last night. Valery has surprised me how well he’s adapted ,he played well as did Stephens.

Broja, Perraud, Salisu on 10:23 - Mar 3 with 1120 views1teeminants

Broja, Perraud, Salisu on 09:19 - Mar 3 by saints__fan__73

Sad that Broja is only here for a few more months. The Ings replacement we paid for is Barn-Door Armstrong.

Barn door Armstrong scored 28 goals for Blackburn in one season recently so he’s no mug.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2022 10:24]

Broja, Perraud, Salisu on 10:43 - Mar 3 with 1102 viewssaints__fan__73

Broja, Perraud, Salisu on 10:23 - Mar 3 by 1teeminants

Barn door Armstrong scored 28 goals for Blackburn in one season recently so he’s no mug.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2022 10:24]

What relevance does scoring hatfulls of goals in the Championship have if we're not playing in that league?

Mitrovic is tearing up the record books at that level but looked piss-poor in the PL.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Broja, Perraud, Salisu on 11:20 - Mar 3 with 1082 viewssaint901

Diallo looks a lot better when Romeu is next to him.

Overall our squad players looked good yesterday (exception of Djenepo who never settled).

Adam A is still making the runs to get into good positions but he is going too soon or too late. That is something he will learn. He is not (in my opinion) using his biggest asset which is is pace. He can afford to stay a little deeper where he is less likely to be picked up by a defender and make a move later. That takes a lot of practice.

Smallbone looked a little tentative and had opportunities to turn toward goal and use the space but choose instead to follow team orders and recycle the ball. He also will learn from games like yesterday.

Valery is a conundrum. RH thinks he is good anywhere in the defence but he was exposed by a lack of CB experience yesterday. I wonder if a holding midfield player is where he will eventually be found?

It's also interesting that we played well, good attitude, good result and some good performances but the boards and the media reports don't feature JWP who I thought was the glue that held us together. Perhaps we've come to expect that sort of game from him?
Broja, Perraud, Salisu on 11:32 - Mar 3 with 1066 views1teeminants

Broja, Perraud, Salisu on 10:43 - Mar 3 by saints__fan__73

What relevance does scoring hatfulls of goals in the Championship have if we're not playing in that league?

Mitrovic is tearing up the record books at that level but looked piss-poor in the PL.

You said barn door implying he doesn’t know where the goal is. I disagree. He knows where it is. The goal he scored at Everton was a superb goal played in the premier league.He’s just below Adams and Broja in the pecking order. I think he will come good given a decent run but I can’t see him getting it.

Broja, Perraud, Salisu on 11:34 - Mar 3 with 1063 viewsHeisenberg

When I saw the team sheet I thought it risky but liked Ralph’s pre match comments about trusting his squad and everyone being involved. There is no doubt he has created a real spirit amongst the players. He then said it could be extra time and possibly penalties so could see his game plan. The comments on here about him being an idiot and a disgrace were way off the mark. After the recent run of form and the way we play I couldn’t fathom out the heavy criticism but that’s some fans for you.

Agree Diallo in particular looked poor but pleased for Valery Stephens Smallbone and others.

Ralph is building something special here. If we can keep the players and replace Broja and a new keeper I can see a top 8 next season.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Login to get fewer ads

Broja, Perraud, Salisu on 11:44 - Mar 3 with 1055 viewssaint901

It's the hope that kills you.
Broja, Perraud, Salisu on 11:52 - Mar 3 with 1047 viewssaint901

Been thinking on the Broja point as well.

Clearly Chelsea were not interested in selling him to us in January. You'd hope that we would have first option if he is to be sold but we'll probably never know that.

Do we think that Chelsea would want him if Lukaku is their first choice? I know he's having a bit of an episode right now but he is a class act and will recover. (I recall him beating us on his own when he was at Everton).

The Chelsea German strikers are weak and whilst their midfield chip in with goals, if they decide to move Werner and Haveartz on, would Broja be a replacement?
Broja, Perraud, Salisu on 11:57 - Mar 3 with 1037 viewsWaylander

Broja, Perraud, Salisu on 09:47 - Mar 3 by SonicBoom

It was Djenepo who got hooked at half-time. Diallo was replaced by Romeu in time-added at the end of the game. Didn't have his best game though.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2022 11:59]
Broja, Perraud, Salisu on 12:47 - Mar 3 with 996 viewsthissceptredsaint

What was it S Armstrong was saying to Broja at the end and pointing to the ground? Chelsea may have to sell players to bring in some now their billionaire is flitting, and Brojas family have a say in where he goes. You never know stranger things have happened, we may get him.
Broja, Perraud, Salisu on 13:03 - Mar 3 with 980 viewsSonicBoom

Whether Chelsea want him or not doesn't help us. They will either keep him or sell to the highest bidder which won't be us.
Broja, Perraud, Salisu on 17:34 - Mar 3 with 902 viewsBison

Broja, Perraud, Salisu on 09:19 - Mar 3 by saints__fan__73

SF73's day.....

Hee Heee , that was a good w@nk now I am bored. I know lets ... ( Mum I am ok I will put my special sock in the wash ) , where was I ? Oh yeah lets go on The Ugly Inside and try and wind up those dopey Saints fans and my Arch enemy Nick , rhymes with Prick , Hee , Hee.

2 hours later....

'Muuuuuum ...... is my sock clean yet '

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024