Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
About last night… 09:28 - Mar 3 with 1312 viewsMytchettSaint

Well, after seeing the team I’ll admit I was shaking my head in despair. I’ll admit it. West Ham looked very tired after 60 minutes, perhaps they are suffering what we endured last season after Christmas, too many games and too small a squad. I hope they get that 4th place though.

Not sure where we go with Djnepo from here. As someone else said, he looked better defensively than he did with the ball at his feet.

Broja needed that goal, I thought his head was starting to drop in recent games and some frustration was creeping in.

What do we think about Ralph starting a much changed 11 for the next round?

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

About last night… on 09:42 - Mar 3 with 1251 viewsMrangry25

We wont get away with making that many changes in the next round. Hopefully RH will put out the full first team squad and we can go on and win it.
About last night… on 09:49 - Mar 3 with 1237 viewsBLEEDRED

About last night… on 09:42 - Mar 3 by Mrangry25

We wont get away with making that many changes in the next round. Hopefully RH will put out the full first team squad and we can go on and win it.

No reason not to put out our strongest team as after is the international break so can't use the excuse too many games
About last night… on 09:51 - Mar 3 with 1226 viewsDorsetIan

Since last night, I have been watching replays and reflecting in detail on Ralph's many changes, how the starting eleven and their replacements performed and Ralph's overall tactical approach to this and recent games, and my considered conclusion in terms of the next round is that Ralph should do whatever the f*ck he likes.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

About last night… on 10:01 - Mar 3 with 1207 viewssaint22

Agreed but in the end it was great performance and the subs helped so Ralph has to take credit

The only negatives were Djenepo and Diallo. Djenepo is just a liability and his occasional threats are far outweighed by his poor passing and ability to hold the ball

Diallo is very disappointing, I always thought he looked a ready made Romeu replacement but last night he was woeful, outmuscled, terrible passes and losing the ball almost every time

Boro at home?
About last night… on 10:13 - Mar 3 with 1153 viewskingslandstand1

About last night… on 10:01 - Mar 3 by saint22

Agreed but in the end it was great performance and the subs helped so Ralph has to take credit

The only negatives were Djenepo and Diallo. Djenepo is just a liability and his occasional threats are far outweighed by his poor passing and ability to hold the ball

Diallo is very disappointing, I always thought he looked a ready made Romeu replacement but last night he was woeful, outmuscled, terrible passes and losing the ball almost every time

Boro at home?

As long as it's not Boro away!
In fact anyone at home
About last night… on 10:24 - Mar 3 with 1125 viewsPaleRider

About last night… on 10:13 - Mar 3 by kingslandstand1

In fact anyone at home

or Chelsea away as Broja would not be available
About last night… on 11:10 - Mar 3 with 1069 viewssaint901

Man of the match was definitely RH.

He not only saw that WHU were vulnerable to a high tempo game but also that they wanted to play down the middle. By keeping the pace up and forcing them to play long diagonals, their game plan (after the first 15 minutes) was in ribbons.

I was also impressed that RH used the non regulars in a slightly different formation which looked like a 4-2-2-2. This kept the midfield congested and also allowed Perraud and KWP/Tino to advance into a lot of space. WHU learnt how to counter the full backs going down the flanks but that opened up the centre where Rice found himself outnumbered by JWP/Smallbone/Diallo/Stuart A. WHU never tried to change their tactics and with a lot of kids on the bench perhaps couldn't.

Couple of negatives in Djenpo who never settled but had clearly been told to run at the defence and perhaps Diallo who looked a little lost at times (but has sharp elbows).

Really pleased for Broja because he's been lacking a little confidence lately. Pleased to see Adam A stay on for the whole game. He has a lot to learn if he is to make it at PL level.

I would like to see us drop the zonal marking at corners, especially if we don't have a taller front post CB.

But - come on - a great result, a real confidence boost to the squad players, displayed some depth to the squad and sent a message to anybody we have in the next round that we are a force.

Full marks to RH and the players for having the courage to play on the front foot and dictate the game for 75 minutes.
About last night… on 13:34 - Mar 3 with 979 viewshytheboy

Team tactics worked perfectly. Well done Rolf. The plastic cat won it for me. Don’t f**k with cats
Login to get fewer ads

About last night… on 17:26 - Mar 3 with 797 viewsPoirot

The changes worked last night, but didnt against coventry lets not forget. West Ham looked jaded maybe from a hard game last Sunday against wolves using the same players.
About last night… on 19:26 - Mar 3 with 702 viewsTimSaint

I saw something that I haven't seen at a match in absolutely ages !!

When West Ham equalised, one of their fans behind the goal, threw a TOILET ROLL !!

What with Covid and Lockdowns, 18 months to almost 2 years back, it was hard enough trying to find them in supermarkets, but now they are once again being introduced to the terraces !! :-)

TimSaint

About last night… on 19:29 - Mar 3 with 691 viewscocklebreath

About last night… on 10:13 - Mar 3 by kingslandstand1

In fact anyone at home

I’d be happy with boro away

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

About last night… on 19:42 - Mar 3 with 669 viewsTimSaint

About last night… on 19:29 - Mar 3 by cocklebreath

I’d be happy with boro away

Don't really fancy a trip up to the smog again, but Boro away would be a better draw for us that Liverpool, Man City or Chelsea away.

Not been up there for a while but seen us win a few at the Riverside and a 3-3 draw at my one and only visit to Ayresome Park.

Despite the alleged revamps and developments of the town, I am sure it is still probably one of the most depressing places to live in the UK.

TimSaint

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024