Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
T'cricket in t' Caribbean 13:39 - Mar 8 with 3649 viewsD_Alien

England win the toss and bat

Our bowling attack, minus Anderson, Broad & Robinson (injured) will need a decent total to defend. A fair bit has changed in the team management since the end of the Ashes, let's see if that shows any signs of translating into more positive results

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

T'cricket in t' Caribbean on 14:28 - Mar 8 with 3604 viewsalderleydale

Off to the usual start
T'cricket in t' Caribbean on 21:46 - Mar 8 with 3407 viewsD_Alien

T'cricket in t' Caribbean on 14:28 - Mar 8 by alderleydale

Off to the usual start

Not bad at all by the close, superb by Bairstow of course but good support from Stokes, Foakes & Woakes

(I've been waiting to say that for some time...)

T'cricket in t' Caribbean on 21:47 - Mar 8 with 3403 viewsisitme

Great response to going four down early. Wonderful innings by Bairstow with Stokes, Foakes and Woakes all contributing. I don't think it's the easiest pitch to bat on so first innings runs will be crucial. I think 350 would be a very good score.

The most pleasing thing is that 48-4 didn't end up being 98 all out. Stokes hardly scored early but wore down the bowlers and batted time which allowed Bairstow to cash in later in the day. Earn the right to get runs on.the board.
T'cricket in t' Caribbean on 18:00 - Mar 9 with 3244 viewsAtThePeake

Posting this in the hope that it has the usual effect of my in-play cricket posts but what is the point of Parkinson being on this tour if he isn't going to be included over Leach, who's clearly not up to it at Test level?

The reset only goes so far it seems.

Tangled up in blue.

T'cricket in t' Caribbean on 18:14 - Mar 9 with 3214 viewsEllDale

Most of the Ashes management/coaching has gone so you have to wonder if it's the captain who is the issue when it comes to spin bowling?
T'cricket in t' Caribbean on 19:01 - Mar 9 with 3176 viewsdownunder

T'cricket in t' Caribbean on 21:46 - Mar 8 by D_Alien

Not bad at all by the close, superb by Bairstow of course but good support from Stokes, Foakes & Woakes

Would you be hoping Foakes takes all 10 catches in an innings? That's all Foakes!
T'cricket in t' Caribbean on 19:07 - Mar 9 with 3171 viewspioneer

T'cricket in t' Caribbean on 21:46 - Mar 8 by D_Alien

Takes me back to the Ashes era of “Lillee caught willey bowled Dilley”.

Unfortunately that can’t happen this series with all three being on the same team.
T'cricket in t' Caribbean on 23:12 - Mar 16 with 3012 viewsD_Alien

Great first day for England in Barbados, cheered on by a huge contingent of Barmy Army

Rode their luck at times, and Lawrence will be kicking himself for getting over-excited nine short of a maiden test century with just two more balls to face before the close, but overall a much more solid start

Login to get fewer ads

T'cricket in t' Caribbean on 16:04 - Mar 17 with 2884 viewsD_Alien

What a session for England

Turns out Lawrence did Stokes a favour by getting out, he becomes the second highest six-hitter in test history

Root just goes serenely on

T'cricket in t' Caribbean on 17:14 - Mar 17 with 2827 viewsNigeriamark

T'cricket in t' Caribbean on 16:04 - Mar 17 by D_Alien

What a session for England

Turns out Lawrence did Stokes a favour by getting out, he becomes the second highest six-hitter in test history

Root just goes serenely on

Stokes now only the 5th Player to reach 5,000 runs and 150 wickets. Botham, Kallis, Kapil Dev & Sobers the others, so he is in good company there.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2022 17:25]
T'cricket in t' Caribbean on 18:17 - Mar 20 with 2605 viewsD_Alien

Mahmood coming good, WI 39-3 with 53 overs to get the remaining 7 wickets

T'cricket in t' Caribbean on 14:02 - Mar 21 with 2489 viewsisitme

T'cricket in t' Caribbean on 18:17 - Mar 20 by D_Alien

Mahmood coming good, WI 39-3 with 53 overs to get the remaining 7 wickets

Mahmood was a real positive and arguably the pick of the England seamers. He offers something different, epecially with the older ball. Noticebly his speeds were conistent all the way through his spells.
T'cricket in t' Caribbean on 15:56 - Mar 21 with 2451 viewsfinberty

T'cricket in t' Caribbean on 14:02 - Mar 21 by isitme

Mahmood was a real positive and arguably the pick of the England seamers. He offers something different, epecially with the older ball. Noticebly his speeds were conistent all the way through his spells.

Might have missed this elsewhere, but according to CricInfo, Mahmood was educated at Matthew Moss. Born in Birmingham but raised in Rochdale.
T'cricket in t' Caribbean on 17:11 - Mar 21 with 2404 viewsNigeriamark

T'cricket in t' Caribbean on 14:02 - Mar 21 by isitme

If you want to turn young people off test cricket then keep producing pitches like the first 2 matches. Apparently the 3rd will be similar. Even if you understand the ebb & flow of 5 day cricket, that didn't have anything to offer. Awful
T'cricket in t' Caribbean on 18:52 - Mar 21 with 2364 viewsisitme

T'cricket in t' Caribbean on 17:11 - Mar 21 by Nigeriamark

If you want to turn young people off test cricket then keep producing pitches like the first 2 matches. Apparently the 3rd will be similar. Even if you understand the ebb & flow of 5 day cricket, that didn't have anything to offer. Awful

I much prefer pitches that offer a bit for both batters and bowlers where 350 is a good score in the first innings if one or two batsmen dig in and then the pitch deteriorates enough to force a result. The pitches for the first two tests have started flat and not really changed. The worst pitches are the Indian ones where if you win the toss and bat first you win the game as after day two/three they just disintegrate.
T'cricket in t' Caribbean on 21:20 - Mar 24 with 2248 viewsTVOS1907

Remarkable last wicket partnership going on here!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

T'cricket in t' Caribbean on 21:54 - Mar 24 with 2217 viewsD_Alien

T'cricket in t' Caribbean on 21:20 - Mar 24 by TVOS1907

Remarkable last wicket partnership going on here!

The only time the nos. 10 &11 have been the top scorers in a test cricket innings before today was in 1885!

Shame for Mahmood, falling one short of a maiden half century (in any red ball cricket) but a brilliant claw-back by the England tail from what looked like a match/series-losing position

T'cricket in t' Caribbean on 12:47 - Mar 27 with 1994 viewsNigeriamark

T'cricket in t' Caribbean on 21:54 - Mar 24 by D_Alien

The only time the nos. 10 &11 have been the top scorers in a test cricket innings before today was in 1885!

Shame for Mahmood, falling one short of a maiden half century (in any red ball cricket) but a brilliant claw-back by the England tail from what looked like a match/series-losing position

all undone by yesterday's performance. In a year of terrible performances that is right up there. Pitch is doing a bit but it's not a 103-8 pitch.

I would be surprised if Root remains captain. There may not be many candidates out there but we just need a change. I'd even give it to Broad or Anderson for the English summer, even if it is only as a short term solution
T'cricket in t' Caribbean on 13:06 - Mar 27 with 1963 viewspioneer

Since the start of the 2012-3 season west indies have only won home test series against Zimbabwe, Bangladesh and England (soon to be twice).
Pakistan, India, Australia, New Zealand and south africa have all won series there. It really is a ‘bogey ground’ for us no matter how bad the state of west indies cricket happens to be.
T'cricket in t' Caribbean on 13:18 - Mar 27 with 1943 viewsD_Alien

T'cricket in t' Caribbean on 13:06 - Mar 27 by pioneer

Since the start of the 2012-3 season west indies have only won home test series against Zimbabwe, Bangladesh and England (soon to be twice).
Pakistan, India, Australia, New Zealand and south africa have all won series there. It really is a ‘bogey ground’ for us no matter how bad the state of west indies cricket happens to be.

There's been lots of comments by Caribbean pundits saying the West Indies bring out "their best game" when England roll up

All the good work done in the first two tests was undone yesterday, but if we had a more pro-active captain we might well have come into the final test just needing a draw, or already having won the series

It's time for Root to go, and then concentrate on his batting, which tbf has been going well at no.3 but somehow he looks like having too much on his shoulders now

Does Ben Stokes want it (the captaincy)? Perhaps not, so an interim captain for the summer (as NM suggests) might be required

T'cricket in t' Caribbean on 12:55 - Mar 28 with 1805 viewspioneer

At least we can switch our attention to New Zealand and Englands women who after a horrendous start tothe comp did what was required…four straight wins.

I am sure they will be up for seeking revenge for the round robin loss to SA and a place in the final with our own Kate Cross playing a part.
T'cricket in t' Caribbean on 23:05 - Mar 28 with 1706 viewsAtThePeake

T'cricket in t' Caribbean on 12:55 - Mar 28 by pioneer

At least we can switch our attention to New Zealand and Englands women who after a horrendous start tothe comp did what was required…four straight wins.

I am sure they will be up for seeking revenge for the round robin loss to SA and a place in the final with our own Kate Cross playing a part.

Heywood's own*

Tangled up in blue.

T'cricket in t' Caribbean on 00:15 - Mar 29 with 1686 viewspioneer

T'cricket in t' Caribbean on 23:05 - Mar 28 by AtThePeake

Heywood's own*

OK, but definitely not Bury's own!
T'cricket in t' Caribbean on 10:50 - Mar 31 with 1533 viewsD_Alien

T'cricket in t' Caribbean on 12:55 - Mar 28 by pioneer

Breezed past SA this time and meet Aussies in the final

Showing the men how its done

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024