Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today 17:30 - Mar 20 with 3007 viewsPatfromPoole

Pains me to say that the team were a lot better than the fans.

Itchen North was terrible today.

City’s fans were abysmal; we could have made it a proper fortress today.

Too many people either on their phones or wasting their time singing songs that nobody else knows.

Hassenhutl totally picked the wrong team; but our support was shit.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Today on 17:43 - Mar 20 with 1959 viewscocklebreath

I’ve only been to 6 games this season but it was the nosiest it’s been, city fans wee terrible, agree the Itchin was quiet didn’t hear a thing from them.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Today on 18:26 - Mar 20 with 1873 viewsgrumpy

Today on 17:43 - Mar 20 by cocklebreath

I’ve only been to 6 games this season but it was the nosiest it’s been, city fans wee terrible, agree the Itchin was quiet didn’t hear a thing from them.

Did City have most of the Northam End?
Today on 18:42 - Mar 20 with 1842 viewsdirk_doone

Today on 18:26 - Mar 20 by grumpy

Did City have most of the Northam End?

Yes. Driving home for the game I heard Dave Merrington in his post match report on Radio Solent asking if there was any way the away fans could be moved so we could have a proper home end. Adam replied, no. He then asked why don't our singers just move into the Chapel. The Chapel was silent today. There was all the usual, "Your support is f--ing sh!t" from the away fans but, to be fair, until they went 2-1 up, City fans were fairly quiet. Let's face it, all teams' fans sing when they're winning but few teams have a total lack of a home end for big games like we do. The Itchen North were the first fans to pour out of the ground, ten minutes before the end.

What a contrast at Selhurst Park today, where the club and fans have developed a proper home end together. The Club even moved season ticket holders who didn't want to sing so their ultras could be directly behind the goal. Palace used to be one of the quietest sets of fans in the country but now all the TV pundits agree they have some of the best home support in the league. It shows it can be done.

Now watching Forest roared on by their Trent end. They don't need to hide away in the corners of the away end and gawk at the visiting supporters singing. If teams like Palace and Forest can have a proper home end, why on earth can't we?
[Post edited 20 Mar 2022 19:08]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Today on 19:35 - Mar 20 with 1705 viewsElijahK

I agree that the Itchen North was quieter than it usually is as that people were on there phones etc, but that’s just mainly down to the Northam not being there, as well as loads of non regulars turning up and being like the typical tourist at the game today, hence why they never sung and were on their phones loads.
But with the whole songs that no one knows, I think that’s ok as you get new songs by singing them and getting people to know them, and after some of the songs we sing soo many times that have just no relevance to the game, and can be soo boring/basic, a new/different song ain’t actually a bad thing whatsoever.

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Today on 19:45 - Mar 20 with 1661 viewsPatfromPoole

Today on 18:42 - Mar 20 by dirk_doone

Yes. Driving home for the game I heard Dave Merrington in his post match report on Radio Solent asking if there was any way the away fans could be moved so we could have a proper home end. Adam replied, no. He then asked why don't our singers just move into the Chapel. The Chapel was silent today. There was all the usual, "Your support is f--ing sh!t" from the away fans but, to be fair, until they went 2-1 up, City fans were fairly quiet. Let's face it, all teams' fans sing when they're winning but few teams have a total lack of a home end for big games like we do. The Itchen North were the first fans to pour out of the ground, ten minutes before the end.

What a contrast at Selhurst Park today, where the club and fans have developed a proper home end together. The Club even moved season ticket holders who didn't want to sing so their ultras could be directly behind the goal. Palace used to be one of the quietest sets of fans in the country but now all the TV pundits agree they have some of the best home support in the league. It shows it can be done.

Now watching Forest roared on by their Trent end. They don't need to hide away in the corners of the away end and gawk at the visiting supporters singing. If teams like Palace and Forest can have a proper home end, why on earth can't we?

You do realise that all of Forest fans’ noise comes from the corner of the side stand next to the away fans, and that the Trent End is a morgue?

Pretty similar to St. Mary’s.

I guess you didn’t…..

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Today on 19:56 - Mar 20 with 1632 viewscocklebreath

Today on 18:42 - Mar 20 by dirk_doone

It wasn’t city fans singing your support if fxxking shxt

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Today on 20:00 - Mar 20 with 1620 viewssouthampton004

absolutely mate fans were rubbish also no idea why adam armstrong and shane long weren't brought off at half time.
Today on 20:26 - Mar 20 with 1574 viewsWestEndBoy

Today summed up this club.total
Lack of ambition.flogging off quarter final tickets for 20
Quid was a tell tale sign.2 week international break and nothing left to play for but he starts long and Armstrong upfront.we could of had a real good go today but nope typical saints .pathetic
Login to get fewer ads

Today on 20:28 - Mar 20 with 1557 viewsWestEndBoy

The fact the club advertised this as our first quarter final
Since 2003 said it all
Today on 20:31 - Mar 20 with 1551 viewsgrumpy

I think a cloud descended over Saints fans when the forward line was announced.
When you pay good money to watch your team try and make it to the Semi Final and Ralph picks that forward line...................
Just think we could have had Palace in the Semi Final, just like 76.
This result was down to Ralph.
Today on 20:40 - Mar 20 with 1519 viewsSaintsforeverj

Today on 20:31 - Mar 20 by grumpy

When you pay good money to watch your team try and make it to the Semi Final and Ralph picks that forward line...................

Broja and Adams played most of the 2nd half. I'm not sure playing them would have made any difference with their goals. We would have had Liverpool in the semi final anyway. Lucky escape to be honest. Watching that lot celebrate reaching the final is more than I could take. Man City are a great team and would have knocked us out regardless. The PL is pointless and the cups are pointless. To demonstrate:
League cup winners = Liverpool
PL winners = Man City or Liverpool
Fa Cup winners = Liverpool, Man City or Chelsea.
We lost and we were always going to.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2022 20:41]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Today on 20:41 - Mar 20 with 1511 viewskingslandstand1

Today on 20:28 - Mar 20 by WestEndBoy

The fact the club advertised this as our first quarter final
Since 2003 said it all

If they did they fkd that up then didn't they - did we get a bye last season in getting to the semi-final?
Today on 20:45 - Mar 20 with 1500 viewsWestEndBoy

Yep and 2005 we lost 4-0 to United at home
Today (n/t) on 20:46 - Mar 20 with 1497 viewsWestEndBoy

[Post edited 20 Mar 2022 20:47]
Today on 20:48 - Mar 20 with 1483 viewsgrumpy

Today on 20:40 - Mar 20 by Saintsforeverj

Broja and Adams played most of the 2nd half. I'm not sure playing them would have made any difference with their goals. We would have had Liverpool in the semi final anyway. Lucky escape to be honest. Watching that lot celebrate reaching the final is more than I could take. Man City are a great team and would have knocked us out regardless. The PL is pointless and the cups are pointless. To demonstrate:
League cup winners = Liverpool
PL winners = Man City or Liverpool
Fa Cup winners = Liverpool, Man City or Chelsea.
We lost and we were always going to.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2022 20:41]

I am glad we didn't think like that in 76.
We could have won today, given the right line up and mindset.
The first half City were poor, if they had gone in at halftime a goal or even two they would have been fighting the clock and a determined Saints.
Today on 20:51 - Mar 20 with 1476 viewsWestEndBoy

Totally agree.sort of game with a decent front two we could do raced into an early 1 or 2 goal lead.instead of that just usual total local of ambition .if they are trying to keep all squad players happy it’s a joke as I’m sure long is happy not to start and pick up his 40k a week wages.2 week international break.what have we got to ply for?what is the point anymore if we don’t have a go in these games?
Today on 21:13 - Mar 20 with 1445 viewsElijahK

Today on 20:31 - Mar 20 by grumpy

Well it wasn’t Ralph that missed all the golden opportunities to score up front (which were made by all 4 of the strikers), or make stupid/silly mistakes at the back that gifted city the goals.

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Today on 21:19 - Mar 20 with 1430 viewsWestEndBoy

Which is why if this club wants to go to next level we need a clear out.Stephens should be at a Middlesbrough or stoke next season:no where near a premier league starting 11 same as Shane long
Today on 21:20 - Mar 20 with 1424 viewsSaintsforeverj

Today on 20:48 - Mar 20 by grumpy

I am glad we didn't think like that in 76.
We could have won today, given the right line up and mindset.
The first half City were poor, if they had gone in at halftime a goal or even two they would have been fighting the clock and a determined Saints.

Times have changed since 76. Man City will soon be adding Haaland to their team. The same teams will win the league, and the same teams will win the cups. We were never gonna beat City today baring a miracle. Forest were never gonna beat Liverpool. It's just the way it is.

Today on 21:23 - Mar 20 with 1412 viewsgrumpy

Today on 21:20 - Mar 20 by Saintsforeverj

Times have changed since 76. Man City will soon be adding Haaland to their team. The same teams will win the league, and the same teams will win the cups. We were never gonna beat City today baring a miracle. Forest were never gonna beat Liverpool. It's just the way it is.

If you believe it will never happen it more and likely wont.
Today on 21:23 - Mar 20 with 1412 viewsWestEndBoy

Don’t agree with this. We have played them twice this season .and came close to beating them twice.they really weren’t that great today.seemed like the 75% of the ground were there to see the Man City show …:
Today on 21:26 - Mar 20 with 1393 viewsSaintsforeverj

Today on 21:23 - Mar 20 by grumpy

If you believe it will never happen it more and likely wont.

Ok, I believe we will win the league. We know it won't happen because there are 4 or 5 teams that spend 750 million pounds more on their team.

Today on 21:31 - Mar 20 with 1383 viewsgrumpy

Today on 21:26 - Mar 20 by Saintsforeverj

Ok, I believe we will win the league. We know it won't happen because there are 4 or 5 teams that spend 750 million pounds more on their team.

We wont win the league, I know that, but a one off game anything can happen if you pick your best players and go for it.
Today on 21:40 - Mar 20 with 1365 viewsSaintsforeverj

Today on 21:31 - Mar 20 by grumpy

We wont win the league, I know that, but a one off game anything can happen if you pick your best players and go for it.

I think we did go for it. We hit the post in the first 10 mins. Arguably, I agree we should have started with Broja and Adams but they haven't been much good recently. Broja seems off the boil. It was Stephens and Salisu who lost us the game today. But as I said, that's the level of player we have. Adams came on and missed at 2 1, so did it make any difference?
[Post edited 20 Mar 2022 21:42]

Today on 22:01 - Mar 20 with 1327 viewsgrumpy

Today on 21:40 - Mar 20 by Saintsforeverj

I think we did go for it. We hit the post in the first 10 mins. Arguably, I agree we should have started with Broja and Adams but they haven't been much good recently. Broja seems off the boil. It was Stephens and Salisu who lost us the game today. But as I said, that's the level of player we have. Adams came on and missed at 2 1, so did it make any difference?
[Post edited 20 Mar 2022 21:42]

You just cant keep messing about with players like Ralph does, it upset the rhythm when he dropped so many for the cup game and we never recovered .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024