Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today 17:30 - Mar 20 with 3009 viewsPatfromPoole

Pains me to say that the team were a lot better than the fans.

Itchen North was terrible today.

City’s fans were abysmal; we could have made it a proper fortress today.

Too many people either on their phones or wasting their time singing songs that nobody else knows.

Hassenhutl totally picked the wrong team; but our support was shit.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Today on 07:57 - Mar 21 with 1001 views1teeminants

Today on 21:19 - Mar 20 by WestEndBoy

Which is why if this club wants to go to next level we need a clear out.Stephens should be at a Middlesbrough or stoke next season:no where near a premier league starting 11 same as Shane long

I really don’t get the Stephens situation, he makes mistakes time after time. He simply is nowhere near good enough for a premier league outfit and we play him in a game against arguably the best team in Europe. Why oh why hasn’t our central defence been sorted ? . Bednarek is not the player he was either. It’s shambolic .
[Post edited 21 Mar 2022 7:58]

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Today on 08:48 - Mar 21 with 942 viewsMytchettSaint

Today on 07:57 - Mar 21 by 1teeminants

I really don’t get the Stephens situation, he makes mistakes time after time. He simply is nowhere near good enough for a premier league outfit and we play him in a game against arguably the best team in Europe. Why oh why hasn’t our central defence been sorted ? . Bednarek is not the player he was either. It’s shambolic .
[Post edited 21 Mar 2022 7:58]

I’ve never been convinced by Bednarek. He is never going to be the bedstone of a rock solid defence.

Jack, before he got that injury back at the start of the season had put in a couple of solid performances. But yeah, he’s not up to it.

Now we have new owners, this summer - the Achilles heel of this team needs sorting finally.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Today on 09:42 - Mar 21 with 912 viewsBerber

Today on 08:48 - Mar 21 by MytchettSaint

I’ve never been convinced by Bednarek. He is never going to be the bedstone of a rock solid defence.

Jack, before he got that injury back at the start of the season had put in a couple of solid performances. But yeah, he’s not up to it.

Now we have new owners, this summer - the Achilles heel of this team needs sorting finally.

I agree, Stephens and Bednarek are not first picks. We need another, better CB to play alongside Salisu, who has been our best CB by miles, and despite some recent mistakes, we need to keep.
Today on 10:22 - Mar 21 with 885 viewsfranniesTache

No point talking about the game, City were leagues ahead of us and the result was more or less exactly what I expected, especially with Ralph's poor team selection.

In terms of our support it's just f*cking awful now, it's so generic and predictable, our fans basically go through a set song sheet every game, and we look like idiots singing "your support is f*cking sh*t" to every club, despite the fact that yesterday City had 5k down on a sunday with problems on the trains.

As a fanbase we've lost all sense of originality and it's just pantomime crap, if it's not people singing pompey got battered or that god awful westwood song, it's the same generic soccer am "bantz", or another song we've stolen from Rangers/Celtic.

I genuinely think our support is as bad as i can ever remember, it may be an age thing but we dont seem to get behind saints or sing about soutthampton, it's just embarrassing to see to be honest.
Today on 12:49 - Mar 21 with 824 viewsSaintNick

Today on 10:22 - Mar 21 by franniesTache

No point talking about the game, City were leagues ahead of us and the result was more or less exactly what I expected, especially with Ralph's poor team selection.

In terms of our support it's just f*cking awful now, it's so generic and predictable, our fans basically go through a set song sheet every game, and we look like idiots singing "your support is f*cking sh*t" to every club, despite the fact that yesterday City had 5k down on a sunday with problems on the trains.

As a fanbase we've lost all sense of originality and it's just pantomime crap, if it's not people singing pompey got battered or that god awful westwood song, it's the same generic soccer am "bantz", or another song we've stolen from Rangers/Celtic.

I genuinely think our support is as bad as i can ever remember, it may be an age thing but we dont seem to get behind saints or sing about soutthampton, it's just embarrassing to see to be honest.

We have quantity in that the Northam & Itchen North are louder than they have ever been before, but there is a distinct lack of originality

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Today on 13:00 - Mar 21 with 815 viewsSaintsforeverj

Today on 10:22 - Mar 21 by franniesTache

I know what your getting at I think and it's a generation thing. The nauseating number of half and half scarves yesterday. What is wrong with proper loyalty and passion for your city? I thought the atmosphere was pretty good yesterday but the picture taking, the half and half scarves, the non original songs, the number of city fans yesterday with southern accents, the away few in the home end. I even saw a women with a pram queuing up at the Saints shop with a Liverpool shirt on. So a Liverpool fan at St Mary's whilst "her team" Liverpool were playing at Forest. It's to say, look at me, I support a great team. People are f@cking annoying but I'm beginning to hate this PL sharade.

Chatting to the Watford fans last week was so refreshing. Nowhere near a full house but no plastics in sight. The Watford fans I spoke to, talked of wanting championship football because they hate the PL. I know exactly what they mean.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2022 13:07]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Today on 13:37 - Mar 21 with 774 viewsElijahK

Today on 13:00 - Mar 21 by Saintsforeverj

I know what your getting at I think and it's a generation thing. The nauseating number of half and half scarves yesterday. What is wrong with proper loyalty and passion for your city? I thought the atmosphere was pretty good yesterday but the picture taking, the half and half scarves, the non original songs, the number of city fans yesterday with southern accents, the away few in the home end. I even saw a women with a pram queuing up at the Saints shop with a Liverpool shirt on. So a Liverpool fan at St Mary's whilst "her team" Liverpool were playing at Forest. It's to say, look at me, I support a great team. People are f@cking annoying but I'm beginning to hate this PL sharade.

Chatting to the Watford fans last week was so refreshing. Nowhere near a full house but no plastics in sight. The Watford fans I spoke to, talked of wanting championship football because they hate the PL. I know exactly what they mean.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2022 13:07]

Loads of non regulars turning up and being like the typical tourist at the game which is exactly why there were people in Liverpool shirts and getting half and half scarfs, which is also why they never sung and were on their phones loads.
As I myself am someone of a younger generation, and can tell you that the reason why it’s like this is due to the fact that most younger people these days just support those “top 6” teams and not their local ones, which is why you might see city “fans” in the home end or people with Liverpool shirts on.
But for the lack of passion/how quiet it can be, that’s not soo much a generation thing as just as many adults do it as youth do, and there is a fair few younger supporters in the Northam and It hen North, as it’s more to do with the richer people getting the tickets as they can afford them, but basically just buying them for the sake of it, and not to support their local team, whilst the real fans can no longer afford to, and are loosing interest in the game due to all the issues that we’ve been saying in that other thread.

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Today on 13:52 - Mar 21 with 757 viewsSaintsforeverj

Today on 13:37 - Mar 21 by ElijahK

Loads of non regulars turning up and being like the typical tourist at the game which is exactly why there were people in Liverpool shirts and getting half and half scarfs, which is also why they never sung and were on their phones loads.
As I myself am someone of a younger generation, and can tell you that the reason why it’s like this is due to the fact that most younger people these days just support those “top 6” teams and not their local ones, which is why you might see city “fans” in the home end or people with Liverpool shirts on.
But for the lack of passion/how quiet it can be, that’s not soo much a generation thing as just as many adults do it as youth do, and there is a fair few younger supporters in the Northam and It hen North, as it’s more to do with the richer people getting the tickets as they can afford them, but basically just buying them for the sake of it, and not to support their local team, whilst the real fans can no longer afford to, and are loosing interest in the game due to all the issues that we’ve been saying in that other thread.

Yep, agreed.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Login to get fewer ads

Today on 18:19 - Mar 22 with 592 viewssledger

Over 2000 under capacity what’s that about
Today on 13:34 - Mar 23 with 496 viewssaints__fan__73

Today on 18:42 - Mar 20 by dirk_doone

Yes. Driving home for the game I heard Dave Merrington in his post match report on Radio Solent asking if there was any way the away fans could be moved so we could have a proper home end. Adam replied, no. He then asked why don't our singers just move into the Chapel. The Chapel was silent today. There was all the usual, "Your support is f--ing sh!t" from the away fans but, to be fair, until they went 2-1 up, City fans were fairly quiet. Let's face it, all teams' fans sing when they're winning but few teams have a total lack of a home end for big games like we do. The Itchen North were the first fans to pour out of the ground, ten minutes before the end.

What a contrast at Selhurst Park today, where the club and fans have developed a proper home end together. The Club even moved season ticket holders who didn't want to sing so their ultras could be directly behind the goal. Palace used to be one of the quietest sets of fans in the country but now all the TV pundits agree they have some of the best home support in the league. It shows it can be done.

Now watching Forest roared on by their Trent end. They don't need to hide away in the corners of the away end and gawk at the visiting supporters singing. If teams like Palace and Forest can have a proper home end, why on earth can't we?
[Post edited 20 Mar 2022 19:08]

Does anyone really think having fans like Palace's would be an improvement?

I can't think of anything worse than having to watch a football match while a couple of thousand morons repeatedly jump up and down and wave flags while chanting "We Support the Saints, The Saints, The Saints, and that's way we like it, we like it, we like it. Nur, nur, nur, nurrrrrrrrrrr. Nur, nur, nur, nur, nurrrrrrrrrr.

Over and over again....

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Today on 13:35 - Mar 23 with 492 viewssaintwizzler

Today on 13:34 - Mar 23 by saints__fan__73

I can't think of anything worse than having to watch a football match while a couple of thousand morons repeatedly jump up and down and wave flags while chanting "We Support the Saints, The Saints, The Saints, and that's way we like it, we like it, we like it. Nur, nur, nur, nurrrrrrrrrrr. Nur, nur, nur, nur, nurrrrrrrrrr.

Over and over again....

You could turn the volume down.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Today on 14:08 - Mar 23 with 462 viewssaints__fan__73

Today on 13:35 - Mar 23 by saintwizzler

You could turn the volume down.

Always did prefer the noise provided by EA tbf.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Today on 14:41 - Mar 23 with 445 viewsfranniesTache

Today on 13:34 - Mar 23 by saints__fan__73

Over and over again....

I'd prefer a support like Wolves, Palace are cringeworthy modern football crap and a complete embarrassment. Wolves are a proper football club, with an english terrace culture who make a hell of a noises without the need for drums or "displays"
Today on 16:28 - Mar 23 with 403 viewssaint901

The "fans" around us (in our usual season ticket seats) were far from the usual crown.

The people behind us were young. The boys spent their time calling out the worng players names, claiming that "so and so is not up to this standard" and generally being d1cks. Their girlfriends(?) clearly had no idea what was going on and spent most of the match taking selfies. The middle aged guy next to me went back to the concourse for drinks and snacks three times in each half.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024