Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southern football pecking order 09:29 - May 8 with 2745 viewsButty101

It could be worse, im guessing in our entire history Bournemouth have never been 2 divisions higher.
Brighton,
Southampton,
Bournemouth,
Reading,
Wycombe,
MkDons,
Plymouth,
Oxford,
Portsmouth lol

Updated to include the Mighty Wycombe....
[Post edited 10 May 2022 11:01]

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Southern football pecking order on 10:23 - May 8 with 2284 viewsdwayne_dibley

does it matter

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Southern football pecking order on 11:14 - May 8 with 2245 viewsdirk_doone

Not to some of the teams in that random list, although there is a bit of rivalry between the south coast teams, in spite of the fact that the Amex is nearer to Selhurst Park than it is to Fratton Park.

As for MK Dons and Oxford, they are even north of Wycombe as well as London so all of the London and Bristol teams are south of them.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Southern football pecking order on 11:17 - May 8 with 2231 viewsButty101

Southern football pecking order on 11:14 - May 8 by dirk_doone

Not to some of the teams in that random list, although there is a bit of rivalry between the south coast teams, in spite of the fact that the Amex is nearer to Selhurst Park than it is to Fratton Park.

As for MK Dons and Oxford, they are even north of Wycombe as well as London so all of the London and Bristol teams are south of them.

I included MkDons and Oxford as they are reported on by south today! Hardly a random list

Southern football pecking order on 11:56 - May 8 with 2206 viewsTimSaint

Southern football pecking order on 11:17 - May 8 by Butty101

I included MkDons and Oxford as they are reported on by south today! Hardly a random list

I would be inclined to include little Wycombe Wanderers in that list as well, not only because they are nearer than MK Dons and Oxford, but they, like MK Dons and Oxford, are in League 1 and all managed to finish in the top 8.

TimSaint

Southern football pecking order on 12:00 - May 8 with 2198 viewsdwayne_dibley

Southern football pecking order on 11:56 - May 8 by TimSaint

I would be inclined to include little Wycombe Wanderers in that list as well, not only because they are nearer than MK Dons and Oxford, but they, like MK Dons and Oxford, are in League 1 and all managed to finish in the top 8.

which is more than the fish botherers managed again

Southern football pecking order on 12:03 - May 8 with 2195 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Southern football pecking order on 12:00 - May 8 by dwayne_dibley

which is more than the fish botherers managed again

Thought you weren't bothered

Form is just temporary, but of course we have been real top dogs since the late forties, and remember, if you add all the trophies together from all the clubs mentioned, they still don't match Pompey's overall haul. Sobering stuff I know,
[Post edited 8 May 2022 12:03]

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

Southern football pecking order on 12:24 - May 8 with 2176 viewsMytchettSaint

Southern football pecking order on 12:03 - May 8 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Form is just temporary, but of course we have been real top dogs since the late forties, and remember, if you add all the trophies together from all the clubs mentioned, they still don't match Pompey's overall haul. Sobering stuff I know,

What were your particular highlights of those title winning seasons? What were the stand out games you enjoyed the most? It must’ve been wonderful to witness?

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Southern football pecking order on 13:00 - May 8 with 2141 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Southern football pecking order on 12:24 - May 8 by MytchettSaint

What were your particular highlights of those title winning seasons? What were the stand out games you enjoyed the most? It must’ve been wonderful to witness?

I really liked the away win at Man Utd

Login to get fewer ads

Southern football pecking order on 15:16 - May 8 with 2044 viewsdwayne_dibley

have you still got dogs on the streets? Food bank must be empty

Southern football pecking order on 18:34 - May 8 with 1915 viewsElijahK

And you could probably say the same about overall seasons in the prem of all those teams combined compared to Southampton

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Southern football pecking order on 11:19 - May 9 with 1758 viewsfranniesTache

if form is temporary then you must have had a terrible run of form for the last 40+ years because you've only been "on form" for 8 of them unlike little old southampton who've been "on form" for 36 of them
Southern football pecking order on 11:49 - May 9 with 1732 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Southern football pecking order on 11:19 - May 9 by franniesTache

if form is temporary then you must have had a terrible run of form for the last 40+ years because you've only been "on form" for 8 of them unlike little old southampton who've been "on form" for 36 of them

,,, and what exactly did you win with all that form?

Southern football pecking order on 12:29 - May 9 with 1703 viewsMytchettSaint

Southern football pecking order on 11:49 - May 9 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Top dogs on the south coast.

Clue is in the thread title 130_years_in_lower_leagues my old fruit.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Southern football pecking order on 12:38 - May 9 with 1692 viewsfranniesTache

Southern football pecking order on 11:49 - May 9 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Not having to lie to ourselves that we're anything other than a lower league minnow who's barely relevant to 90% of the teams in the leagues and so insecure we need a local paper with the journalistic standards of the pravda to tell us we mean something.

We can instead say that we're a regular top flight side who've provided multiple players to the england set up, are important in terms of youth development and known globally.
[Post edited 9 May 2022 12:40]
Southern football pecking order on 12:56 - May 9 with 1673 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Southern football pecking order on 12:38 - May 9 by franniesTache

Not having to lie to ourselves that we're anything other than a lower league minnow who's barely relevant to 90% of the teams in the leagues and so insecure we need a local paper with the journalistic standards of the pravda to tell us we mean something.

We can instead say that we're a regular top flight side who've provided multiple players to the england set up, are important in terms of youth development and known globally.
[Post edited 9 May 2022 12:40]

Lots of waffle, it was a simple question.

The answer seems to be , not a lot more than Pompey who have been through one of their lowest points in their history.

I think that is the lesson here. Always try to win stuff when you are top dogs
[Post edited 9 May 2022 12:56]

Southern football pecking order on 12:58 - May 9 with 1668 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Southern football pecking order on 12:29 - May 9 by MytchettSaint

Top dogs on the south coast.

Clue is in the thread title 130_years_in_lower_leagues my old fruit.

Think that's Brighton now. Time for their time in the sun. Maybe they can win something to put the gloss on it. Nice win over Man Utd over the weekend of course.

Southern football pecking order on 13:18 - May 9 with 1653 viewsfranniesTache

Southern football pecking order on 12:56 - May 9 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Lots of waffle, it was a simple question.

The answer seems to be , not a lot more than Pompey who have been through one of their lowest points in their history.

I think that is the lesson here. Always try to win stuff when you are top dogs
[Post edited 9 May 2022 12:56]

at what point does the lowest point in your history start just being normal? Because the generation that can actually remember you winning more than us - not reading about it - are pretty much died out.

The generation that can remember you being above us more than the other way round have already died out.

The generation that can remember you being a consistent fixture of the top flight died out years ago.

The generation that remembers you having consistently higher support will soon have died out.

We don't claim to be the biggest or best side, but we can pretty safely saw that in the last 50 years we're above you on almost every account.

But it's ok because the pompey pravda told you you're massive
Southern football pecking order on 13:22 - May 9 with 1649 viewsSaintNick

Southern football pecking order on 12:58 - May 9 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Think that's Brighton now. Time for their time in the sun. Maybe they can win something to put the gloss on it. Nice win over Man Utd over the weekend of course.

Good luck to Brighton and of course Bournemouth who have relegated you to 4th position on the south coast, oops sorry my mistake Plymouth finished above you and next season Exeter join you.

In the past 60 years Pompey have spent 8 seasons in the top flight and have now just celebrated their 10th in a row in the bottom 2 divisions.

Saints have spent that same number in our first spell in the top flight in 66-74, then we spent another 26 years in the second and now we have just completed our 10th, thats 44 years as a top flight club.

Brighton have just completed their 8th season in the top flight and are already assured of their 9th, so they are above you

Bournemouth have done 5 in the top flight so far and are now back for a 6th, if they stay up for another 4 years even they will be above you.

It is a Pompey thing about thinking they are sleeping giants, Huddersfield don't hark on about 3 consecutive titles back in the 1920's, likewise all those Northern clubs who won titles & cups back then.

I think Pompey have had 36 seasons in the top flight correct me if im wrong, the next accolade they will get will be when the milk Marketing board uses them in an advert

If you dont drink your milk you'll only be as good as Portsmouth

Portsmouth !!!! Who are they !!!!

Exactly !!!!

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Southern football pecking order on 14:20 - May 9 with 1584 viewsButty101

Southern football pecking order on 13:18 - May 9 by franniesTache

at what point does the lowest point in your history start just being normal? Because the generation that can actually remember you winning more than us - not reading about it - are pretty much died out.

The generation that can remember you being above us more than the other way round have already died out.

The generation that can remember you being a consistent fixture of the top flight died out years ago.

The generation that remembers you having consistently higher support will soon have died out.

We don't claim to be the biggest or best side, but we can pretty safely saw that in the last 50 years we're above you on almost every account.

Looks like their lowest point is heading lower again....
Last 4 seasons they have finished 4th, 5th, 8th and 10th.....

Southern football pecking order on 14:48 - May 9 with 1570 viewsdirk_doone

Southern football pecking order on 13:22 - May 9 by SaintNick

Good luck to Brighton and of course Bournemouth who have relegated you to 4th position on the south coast, oops sorry my mistake Plymouth finished above you and next season Exeter join you.

In the past 60 years Pompey have spent 8 seasons in the top flight and have now just celebrated their 10th in a row in the bottom 2 divisions.

Saints have spent that same number in our first spell in the top flight in 66-74, then we spent another 26 years in the second and now we have just completed our 10th, thats 44 years as a top flight club.

Brighton have just completed their 8th season in the top flight and are already assured of their 9th, so they are above you

Bournemouth have done 5 in the top flight so far and are now back for a 6th, if they stay up for another 4 years even they will be above you.

It is a Pompey thing about thinking they are sleeping giants, Huddersfield don't hark on about 3 consecutive titles back in the 1920's, likewise all those Northern clubs who won titles & cups back then.

I think Pompey have had 36 seasons in the top flight correct me if im wrong, the next accolade they will get will be when the milk Marketing board uses them in an advert

Exactly !!!!

Yes, you are wrong, Nick. Little Pompey had a total of 33 years in the top flight, most of them more than 60 years ago, and Saints have had 45 so far, all in the last 60 years.

http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/league/porm.htm

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Southern football pecking order on 15:07 - May 9 with 1564 viewsTimSaint

Southern football pecking order on 14:20 - May 9 by Butty101

Looks like their lowest point is heading lower again....
Last 4 seasons they have finished 4th, 5th, 8th and 10th.....

You can feel the Skate bitterness.

Yet another Southern team makes the Prem and is socially distancing 2 divisions apart from them. But let's not forget that the Blue Few have spent 4 of their last 9 seasons in the 4th tier of English football !!

This season the Skates finished below little teams like Oxford, MKD, Wycombe and Plymouth and have another season in the 3rd tier to look forward to. Yet already one of their fans was on the radio on Saturday morning, saying the Cowleys would get them promoted next season.

It has now been 10 years since they said we'd have changed places in 3 years !! :-)

TimSaint

Southern football pecking order on 17:13 - May 9 with 1515 views1teeminants

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Southern football pecking order on 09:39 - May 10 with 1379 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Southern football pecking order on 13:18 - May 9 by franniesTache

Were you alive when your club actually won something?

Because most Pompey fans were.

Like I say, you've gotta win stuff when you are top dogs, and Pompey always seem to do that.

Southern football pecking order on 09:53 - May 10 with 1373 viewsdwayne_dibley

Southern football pecking order on 09:39 - May 10 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Were you alive when your club actually won something?

Because most Pompey fans were.

Like I say, you've gotta win stuff when you are top dogs, and Pompey always seem to do that.

can I suggest

for the skates not the dogs roaming your streets

Southern football pecking order on 09:58 - May 10 with 1370 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Southern football pecking order on 13:22 - May 9 by SaintNick

Exactly !!!!

Nice to see your club holding up their end on this chart

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_football_clubs_in_England_by_competitive_h

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024