Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
5 Things About Brentford Trip 09:23 - May 10 with 2543 viewsSaintNick

1. The ground was small and hemmed in with poor access for away fans as well as having to enter and leave in a cramped area with home fans behind the goal.

2. The price of a pint in and around the ground was attrocious, a pub next to Brentford's old ground Griffin Park was £6.50 a pint.

3. Transport links are very good to the ground both by road and by train, although on Saturday the easiest route for us was closed for railworks

4.Brentord fans are a pretty innoffensive lot, but they have attracted a lot of fans who werent going regularly before Covid 19 and their rise.

5.The view from the away section was quite good due to the steepness of the terraces, far better than Arsenal for instance

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

5 Things About Brentford Trip on 10:30 - May 10 with 2481 viewsBuggalugs

Pretty easy ground to get to despite having to tube it from Waterloo and had a nice couple of hours pre-match in a pub on the river in the sunshine. Was surprised at just how nice the surrounding area was to be honest.

Despite it's size, I thought the ground was pretty decent and one of the best atmosphere's from the Saints fans I've seen on the road all season. Their fanbase is very similar to Fulham's; a lot of wealthy types, a lot of newbies and few tourists.

I enjoyed it and had a really good day out, despite the result which I'm getting better at just shrugging off now.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

5 Things About Brentford Trip on 11:00 - May 10 with 2444 viewssaintwizzler

5 Things About Brentford Trip on 10:30 - May 10 by Buggalugs

Pretty easy ground to get to despite having to tube it from Waterloo and had a nice couple of hours pre-match in a pub on the river in the sunshine. Was surprised at just how nice the surrounding area was to be honest.

Despite it's size, I thought the ground was pretty decent and one of the best atmosphere's from the Saints fans I've seen on the road all season. Their fanbase is very similar to Fulham's; a lot of wealthy types, a lot of newbies and few tourists.

I enjoyed it and had a really good day out, despite the result which I'm getting better at just shrugging off now.

6. Heineken Silver is a fûcking waste of time.
Like all the other 4% pisswatters.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

5 Things About Brentford Trip on 12:21 - May 10 with 2362 viewsfranniesTache

Football aside i really enjoyed the day out, the pubs around the river were great and it's a really nice bit of london (bloody expensive mind).

The one major compliant i have is the stewarding, absolutely over the top and in one instance i'd argue it was effectively abh.

The steward grabbed a lad by the throat hard enough to bruise his neck and smashed his face into a wall.

Of course i'm sure that none of the cctv would be working in the area where they did it, because it's funny how they never do in those cases.
5 Things About Brentford Trip on 12:40 - May 10 with 2341 viewsIanSouthstander

5 Things About Brentford Trip on 12:21 - May 10 by franniesTache

Football aside i really enjoyed the day out, the pubs around the river were great and it's a really nice bit of london (bloody expensive mind).

The one major compliant i have is the stewarding, absolutely over the top and in one instance i'd argue it was effectively abh.

The steward grabbed a lad by the throat hard enough to bruise his neck and smashed his face into a wall.

Of course i'm sure that none of the cctv would be working in the area where they did it, because it's funny how they never do in those cases.

I agree with both you and Buggalugs. A good away trip in an unexpectedly nice area, but as you both say, a little pricy.

I can't comment on the specific stewarding issue you mention. But in general i thought the stewards had their work cut out throughout the afternoon.
I don't think that i've seen so many incidents with Saints fans wanting to fight other Saints fans.
Disappointing.
5 Things About Brentford Trip on 12:58 - May 10 with 2308 viewssaint22

5 Things About Brentford Trip on 12:40 - May 10 by IanSouthstander

I agree with both you and Buggalugs. A good away trip in an unexpectedly nice area, but as you both say, a little pricy.

I can't comment on the specific stewarding issue you mention. But in general i thought the stewards had their work cut out throughout the afternoon.
I don't think that i've seen so many incidents with Saints fans wanting to fight other Saints fans.
Disappointing.

Trip to London expensive shocker
And thats not even in London really!
5 Things About Brentford Trip on 18:07 - May 10 with 2126 viewsSaintsforeverj

5 Things About Brentford Trip on 10:30 - May 10 by Buggalugs

It was a small ground, seemingly squashed in amongst houses and flats. However, inside there was plenty of legroom. It looked very strange before it filled up, with multicolored seats. It was an easy enough journey from Waterloo to Gunnersbury and back. The Brentford fans were really quiet and subdued during the game but came alive at the end with a disco style celebration, when they played pump it up on the tanoy. There were no tensions between both sets of fans, all very friendly and calm.

Saints fans were excellent, loud, proud and emotional. Such a shame it was bad defeat. The Saints fans there were in the mood to really get behind the team.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

5 Things About Brentford Trip on 00:21 - May 11 with 1948 viewsdarthvader

5 Things About Brentford Trip on 12:40 - May 10 by IanSouthstander

Disappointing.

Any idea why they were wanting to fight each other ? Too much beer and drugs?

keep the faith coyr

5 Things About Brentford Trip on 09:26 - May 11 with 1857 viewsfranniesTache

5 Things About Brentford Trip on 00:21 - May 11 by darthvader

because the team were sh*t and people are turning on Ralph, but there's still a sizeable element who think criticising Ralph is like someone has dug up their dead mum and pissed on her corpse.

The cult of Ralph makes people very over protective, never mess with the Jazz Hands, they'll try and feed you the kool aid.
Login to get fewer ads

5 Things About Brentford Trip on 09:57 - May 11 with 1830 viewssaintwizzler

The lack of…

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

5 Things About Brentford Trip on 11:09 - May 11 with 1797 viewsSalisburySaint

You obviously want to the wrong pubs Nick

I went to Bell and Crown on riverside £16.45 for 3 pints (cider, premium lager and real ale) before the game and Coach and Horses Kew Green were similar round was £17.05 which I thought was ok by London standards

Agree with most you say, but also as others have said felt the stewards were heavy handed, and the Policing when we came out of ground was over the top too, you’d have thought ther had been a riot
5 Things About Brentford Trip on 15:12 - May 11 with 1706 viewsIanSouthstander

I don't know. But you're probably not too far off the mark. The fact that we're shite at the moment doesn't help.

The way away tickets seem to be allocated means that regulars are stood together away from the day trippers. So although not knowing everyone by name , i certainly recognise most of the guys around me. Theres never any trouble around us. The trouble i saw saturday was in other sections .
5 Things About Brentford Trip on 23:49 - May 11 with 1513 viewshedgeend61

5 Things About Brentford Trip on 11:09 - May 11 by SalisburySaint

You obviously want to the wrong pubs Nick

I went to Bell and Crown on riverside £16.45 for 3 pints (cider, premium lager and real ale) before the game and Coach and Horses Kew Green were similar round was £17.05 which I thought was ok by London standards

Agree with most you say, but also as others have said felt the stewards were heavy handed, and the Policing when we came out of ground was over the top too, you’d have thought ther had been a riot

We did a few pubs along the river ending at the Bell and Crown around 2ish where I ordered 3 pints of Amstel and a cider which came to £26 (6.50 each) so you've had a result there.

The amount of Police and vans outside the ground you'd have thought they were expecting Millwall or Eintract Frankfurt to pitch up, not a dead rubber game where the likelyhood of any trouble was pretty much zero.

Thought the Saints supporters were superb second half with non stop singing considering the team were pants, i'd normally have left on 80 minutes when they got the third as the race was already well run, but like most others stayed for the last rites, though the players didn't deserve us staying.

Can anyone tell me if these are the correct words to the song sung for about 10 minutes non stop? I'm not sure, had too many

We lose at home and
We lose away
We lost last week and
We lost today
But we don't give a fcuk
cos we're all pissed up
Southampton FC OK

I think we may hear it Tuesday
5 Things About Brentford Trip on 06:47 - May 12 with 1456 viewsBuggalugs

5 Things About Brentford Trip on 23:49 - May 11 by hedgeend61

We did a few pubs along the river ending at the Bell and Crown around 2ish where I ordered 3 pints of Amstel and a cider which came to £26 (6.50 each) so you've had a result there.

The amount of Police and vans outside the ground you'd have thought they were expecting Millwall or Eintract Frankfurt to pitch up, not a dead rubber game where the likelyhood of any trouble was pretty much zero.

Thought the Saints supporters were superb second half with non stop singing considering the team were pants, i'd normally have left on 80 minutes when they got the third as the race was already well run, but like most others stayed for the last rites, though the players didn't deserve us staying.

Can anyone tell me if these are the correct words to the song sung for about 10 minutes non stop? I'm not sure, had too many

We lose at home and
We lose away
We lost last week and
We lost today
But we don't give a fcuk
cos we're all pissed up
Southampton FC OK

I think we may hear it Tuesday

We never win at home,
And we never win away,
We lost last week and we lost today,
But we don't give a f*ck,
Cos we're all p*ssed up,
Southampton FC OK

5 Things About Brentford Trip on 12:21 - May 12 with 1349 viewsUlsterBaz

5 Things About Brentford Trip on 06:47 - May 12 by Buggalugs

We never win at home,
And we never win away,
Cos we're all p*ssed up,
Southampton FC OK

Went on for ages. My vocal chords were shredded on Sunday morning. lol
5 Things About Brentford Trip on 12:56 - May 12 with 1313 viewsfranniesTache

5 Things About Brentford Trip on 06:47 - May 12 by Buggalugs

We never win at home,
And we never win away,
Cos we're all p*ssed up,
Southampton FC OK

Nicked from United who've been singing it for the best part of a decade at least.

Still "we sing our songs"
5 Things About Brentford Trip on 13:04 - May 12 with 1301 viewsBuggalugs

5 Things About Brentford Trip on 12:56 - May 12 by franniesTache

Nicked from United who've been singing it for the best part of a decade at least.

Thought it was a Man City song originally.

Pretty obvious it wasn't composed in Southampton...those that do never make the grain with the masses.

At least it's reasonably original as not sung by every club like the "follow, follow, follow" and "Pompey get battered" crap I suppose

5 Things About Brentford Trip on 13:19 - May 12 with 1289 viewsfranniesTache

5 Things About Brentford Trip on 13:04 - May 12 by Buggalugs

Thought it was a Man City song originally.

Pretty obvious it wasn't composed in Southampton...those that do never make the grain with the masses.

At least it's reasonably original as not sung by every club like the "follow, follow, follow" and "Pompey get battered" crap I suppose

United first then weirdly stolen by City (mind you we stole Southampton till I die from the skates).

I was being a bit sarcy to be fair as i don't think it's terrible unlike that f*cking follow follow dross that seems to have caught on.
5 Things About Brentford Trip on 14:06 - May 12 with 1249 viewsMytchettSaint

5 Things About Brentford Trip on 12:56 - May 12 by franniesTache

I was on a train in the midlands in the late nineties and some city fans got on, they were signing it then but it ended, we’ll lose next week, whoever we play, mcfc ok.
[Post edited 12 May 2022 14:07]

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

5 Things About Brentford Trip on 14:44 - May 12 with 1218 viewsfranniesTache

5 Things About Brentford Trip on 14:06 - May 12 by MytchettSaint

I was on a train in the midlands in the late nineties and some city fans got on, they were signing it then but it ended, we’ll lose next week, whoever we play, mcfc ok.
[Post edited 12 May 2022 14:07]

sure it was United before City, but either way it's been doing the rounds in lancashire for years
5 Things About Brentford Trip on 22:27 - May 12 with 1075 viewsSaintNick

5 Things About Brentford Trip on 13:19 - May 12 by franniesTache

United first then weirdly stolen by City (mind you we stole Southampton till I die from the skates).

I was being a bit sarcy to be fair as i don't think it's terrible unlike that f*cking follow follow dross that seems to have caught on.

Pompey were only one of a number of clubs who the Till I die song about 15 years ago, it was very much a Championship & lower league song back then and never caught on in the Premier League

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024