Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Race for 15th 07:28 - May 20 with 2495 viewssolent_toffee

Is really hotting up now, I imagine that the build up on SKY will reach a crescendo come Sunday lunchtime. I think that extra point in the bag will see Saints okay though.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing you at SMS/Goodison next season.
The Race for 15th on 08:05 - May 20 with 2436 viewsdarthvader

If we manage to get a goal at leicester the pitch will turn into a see of red and white and will eclipse the invasion of goodison last night .

Pleased for you tho mate.
[Post edited 20 May 2022 8:06]

keep the faith coyr

The Race for 15th on 08:33 - May 20 with 2398 viewsdwayne_dibley

did something happen this season?

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

The Race for 15th on 10:41 - May 20 with 2346 viewssolent_toffee

The Race for 15th on 08:05 - May 20 by darthvader

If we manage to get a goal at leicester the pitch will turn into a see of red and white and will eclipse the invasion of goodison last night .

Pleased for you tho mate.
[Post edited 20 May 2022 8:06]

The indignation from certain quarters regarding the pitch invasion has been pathetic. It was pure emotion to being in a shocking situation, getting absolute pelters from all quarters in the media, on the wrong end of awful refereeing/VAR decisions, almost conceding the proud record of years in the top flight and sharing the same city as the biggest cult in the western world.

I fully expect a petition by the end of the week to have Ronnie Redfords screamer and subsequent pitch invasion for Hereford removed from the archives. We can’t have that kind of behaviour in the ever sterile EPL.
The Race for 15th on 11:35 - May 20 with 2300 viewscocklebreath

I don’t get the sudden hysteria over pitch invasions, they’re great, my favourite was when we beat sheff United to stay in the championship, that was a belter

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

The Race for 15th on 11:53 - May 20 with 2272 views1885_SFC

Mine was Highbury '84.

Old School is Cool

The Race for 15th on 14:52 - May 20 with 2189 views1teeminants

The Race for 15th on 11:53 - May 20 by 1885_SFC

Mine was Highbury '84.

Bristol Rovers 1978

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

The Race for 15th on 17:09 - May 20 with 2133 viewskingslandstand1

The daft thing is with all the furore and celebrations last night, as we have done in the past on last minute saviours, we are celebrating as if we've just won the league and cup double but stand back and think

As great as it is we'd (as Everton have) had an absolute cr@p season and therefore playing cr@p football just finishing out of the bottom 3 FFS

And then we start getting all excited about August coming around and don't worry we'll never do that again
The Race for 15th on 17:15 - May 20 with 2130 views1885_SFC

The Race for 15th on 14:52 - May 20 by 1teeminants

Bristol Rovers 1978

I never made that one as my ship was somewhere in the Mediterranean at the time. I remember it was somewhat feisty at the time and that we lost.

Old School is Cool

Login to get fewer ads

The Race for 15th on 19:26 - May 20 with 2084 viewsericofarabia

The Race for 15th on 17:09 - May 20 by kingslandstand1

The daft thing is with all the furore and celebrations last night, as we have done in the past on last minute saviours, we are celebrating as if we've just won the league and cup double but stand back and think

As great as it is we'd (as Everton have) had an absolute cr@p season and therefore playing cr@p football just finishing out of the bottom 3 FFS

And then we start getting all excited about August coming around and don't worry we'll never do that again

Yep .... it would be understandable if it was some miraculous Great Escape akin to some of ours in the past, or like Burnley may yet achieve , fighting back from a position which all but a few had written them of as dead certs for the drop.

Everton have just been mediocre all season and hardly, if at all, actually been in the relegation spots. Instead just bobbing about above it like a turd that won't flush. Hardly any reason to celebrate like they've won the league.
Taking TinPotteryness to a new level!!
The Race for 15th on 20:00 - May 20 with 2073 viewssolent_toffee

The Race for 15th on 19:26 - May 20 by ericofarabia

Yep .... it would be understandable if it was some miraculous Great Escape akin to some of ours in the past, or like Burnley may yet achieve , fighting back from a position which all but a few had written them of as dead certs for the drop.

Everton have just been mediocre all season and hardly, if at all, actually been in the relegation spots. Instead just bobbing about above it like a turd that won't flush. Hardly any reason to celebrate like they've won the league.

Everton haven’t been mediocre all season, they’ve been an absolute shambles since Benitez walked in to an already massive car crash and somehow making it worse (which was always on the cards from the divisive toxic beaut).

Last night was not a celebration but an absolute outpour of relief and probably disbelief at having come back from being 2 down at half time.

Tinpottery? Yeah sound whatever.
The Race for 15th on 21:55 - May 20 with 2023 viewskingslandstand1

The Race for 15th on 19:26 - May 20 by ericofarabia

"bobbing about above it like a turd that won't flush"
The Race for 15th on 23:44 - May 20 with 1959 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

The Race for 15th on 11:35 - May 20 by cocklebreath

I don’t get the sudden hysteria over pitch invasions, they’re great, my favourite was when we beat sheff United to stay in the championship, that was a belter

Absolutely! Loved that day.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

The Race for 15th on 09:49 - May 21 with 1826 views1teeminants

The Race for 15th on 17:15 - May 20 by 1885_SFC

I never made that one as my ship was somewhere in the Mediterranean at the time. I remember it was somewhat feisty at the time and that we lost.

Yet 2-0 Paul Randall scored both. We were a big draw as we had just won FA cup and took loads away . managed to get on pitch as a pissed up 17 year old not proud of it just very drunk , very hazy memories, quite a bit of trouble throughout the day.

The Race for 15th on 09:55 - May 21 with 1820 viewsBerber

The Race for 15th on 21:55 - May 20 by kingslandstand1

"bobbing about above it like a turd that won't flush"

Whereas our position could be likened to a spicy curry induced greasy streak, sliding down the side of the pan heading for the choppy waters of relegation. There was something tasty to savour sometime, but I am struggling to recall it. Much like the curry after a night on the ale.
The Race for 15th on 13:04 - May 21 with 1772 views1885_SFC

The Race for 15th on 09:49 - May 21 by 1teeminants

Yet 2-0 Paul Randall scored both. We were a big draw as we had just won FA cup and took loads away . managed to get on pitch as a pissed up 17 year old not proud of it just very drunk , very hazy memories, quite a bit of trouble throughout the day.

We're the same age then - you old fart

Old School is Cool

The Race for 15th on 17:46 - May 21 with 1660 views1teeminants

The Race for 15th on 13:04 - May 21 by 1885_SFC

We're the same age then - you old fart

Two old farts together ffs.
[Post edited 21 May 2022 19:18]

The Race for 15th on 22:21 - May 21 with 1567 viewsdarthvader

The Race for 15th on 10:41 - May 20 by solent_toffee

The indignation from certain quarters regarding the pitch invasion has been pathetic. It was pure emotion to being in a shocking situation, getting absolute pelters from all quarters in the media, on the wrong end of awful refereeing/VAR decisions, almost conceding the proud record of years in the top flight and sharing the same city as the biggest cult in the western world.

I fully expect a petition by the end of the week to have Ronnie Redfords screamer and subsequent pitch invasion for Hereford removed from the archives. We can’t have that kind of behaviour in the ever sterile EPL.

It was ment tongue in cheek mate , we've all been there

keep the faith coyr

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024