Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2022-23 Season 20:07 - May 31 with 1784 viewsMrangry25

Anyone else getting fed up with the could be, might be, should be bs coming out of SFC. I am in the process of deciding wether to renew 4 season tickets at a cost of £2500 at the moment but the lack of clarity on what they ARE going to do is really piss**g me off. Anybody else got the same thoughts?
2022-23 Season on 20:30 - May 31 with 1726 viewsElijahK

Yeah well by some sites/transfer rumours, it looks like we might actually spend a fair bit for once (but still nothing compared to what the “top 6” spend as well as Newcastle), especially when looking at our transfer gossip.
But then again a few other sites are saying that we won’t, and the owners did say that they weren’t gonna necessarily do that when they took over, and the transfer rumours are rumours so there could be bugger all truth behind them.

But that’s the thing, no one currently knows of what the summers gonna bring us for transfers, and therefore whether next season will actually be good or not, or just the usual mid table run with one great and one sh*te run, which in the end leads to nothing.

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

2022-23 Season on 20:45 - May 31 with 1709 viewsSaintsforeverj

It's still cheaper to get a ST, as opposed to paying on the day. You get about 5 or 6 games free. Why not renew in the cheapest section in the Chapel corner, £399 for an adult? You never know what you are gonna get with Saints anyway, but all the signs are that we are going to reinvent the squad. It might happen, it might not, it might not work, but it might so I have renewed. I'm giving the new owners the chance to do something in the summer. If next year is cr@p again, then don't renew next year. This summer's transfer window will be telling, so this time next year we will know which direction the club is going. We just have to take a gamble this year as we don't know.

You could even pay over 10 months, and if you don't like it, your card could mysteriously stop working or stop paying the instalments in 6 months time!
[Post edited 31 May 2022 20:49]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

2022-23 Season on 21:05 - May 31 with 1653 viewsSadoldgit

The transfer window doesn’t open until Friday week so perhaps it is a bit early to fret about what will happen with the squad. What we do know is that the coaching team will be new, so that is encouraging.
2022-23 Season on 21:06 - May 31 with 1651 viewsBerber

2022-23 Season on 20:45 - May 31 by Saintsforeverj

It's still cheaper to get a ST, as opposed to paying on the day. You get about 5 or 6 games free. Why not renew in the cheapest section in the Chapel corner, £399 for an adult? You never know what you are gonna get with Saints anyway, but all the signs are that we are going to reinvent the squad. It might happen, it might not, it might not work, but it might so I have renewed. I'm giving the new owners the chance to do something in the summer. If next year is cr@p again, then don't renew next year. This summer's transfer window will be telling, so this time next year we will know which direction the club is going. We just have to take a gamble this year as we don't know.

You could even pay over 10 months, and if you don't like it, your card could mysteriously stop working or stop paying the instalments in 6 months time!
[Post edited 31 May 2022 20:49]

Similar to my thinking. They are expecting a significant leap of faith, but actually, little indication that anything will be different. Certainly nothing to get excited about.
2022-23 Season on 21:10 - May 31 with 1646 viewsSaintsforeverj

2022-23 Season on 21:06 - May 31 by Berber

Similar to my thinking. They are expecting a significant leap of faith, but actually, little indication that anything will be different. Certainly nothing to get excited about.

We still don't really know what will happen. Lots of rumours, but then we hear we may be after Pope, which would be ambitious and good. Maybe true, maybe not. Who knows what team we will have come the start of the season. It's the new owners first transfer window, so if next year is rubbish again, that's when we can all agree it's not worth renewing I think.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

2022-23 Season on 21:50 - May 31 with 1613 viewsTripleNiemi

2022-23 Season on 20:30 - May 31 by ElijahK

Yeah well by some sites/transfer rumours, it looks like we might actually spend a fair bit for once (but still nothing compared to what the “top 6” spend as well as Newcastle), especially when looking at our transfer gossip.
But then again a few other sites are saying that we won’t, and the owners did say that they weren’t gonna necessarily do that when they took over, and the transfer rumours are rumours so there could be bugger all truth behind them.

But that’s the thing, no one currently knows of what the summers gonna bring us for transfers, and therefore whether next season will actually be good or not, or just the usual mid table run with one great and one sh*te run, which in the end leads to nothing.

Hype it up to sell some Season Tickets and then sign, er.......

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

2022-23 Season on 23:02 - May 31 with 1550 viewsElijahK

2022-23 Season on 21:50 - May 31 by TripleNiemi

Hype it up to sell some Season Tickets and then sign, er.......

Well that’s exactly what some think is gonna happen, whilst others think we will sign people. But the fact is that no one knows for certain and until September come along and the transfer market ends, we won’t know for sure of where this clubs heading

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

2022-23 Season on 23:04 - May 31 with 1548 viewsA1079

I have never purchased a season ticket, largely for financial reasons but also the fact that I now live 240 miles away so my home games are limited. All that said, whether my team is performing well or not I have tended to still go as long circumstances and personal finances permit (mainly because I accept that I am a supporter who wants to be there through good or bad), but therein lies the rub. With rising costs of everything and little prospect of a decent pay rise it is reasonable that like many people I and many will need to think twice as to whether they can afford to go and even moreso if they weigh up whether they will enjoy the experience if they do. Few, myself included, felt in the last quarter of the season just passed that neither the players or the club gave me the feeling that I was spending my hard earned cash well and that at the end of it that I would feel that the players gave as much effort as I did in making the attempt to afford to go and travel the miles, taking time off work etc. It wasn't the losing that bothered me, but it was my perception that the players were not trying and too many did not care about the shirt they were wearing.

All the above aside, I have mentioned in a separate thread, that whilst I do not expect the new board or owners to show all their hand, it is reasonable to expect that by now they would have set out:-

- some vision for the club;
- what success for them will look like;
- expectations of the team;
- what and where they are looking for improvements;
- an honest assessment as to whether they see us as a club that can and will compete in the PL and not just aim to survive;

My overwhelming concern is the feeling that at the club there has been for some time a malaise, indifference and a ready acceptance of just getting by. For all those that did not like Cortese (and I am not saying he was perfect as I know he wasn't) but at least he was clear about what he expected of those that worked for and played for the club. Just getting by was not ever going to be enough under his stewardship and we need someone of that ilk who will give the kick up the ar*e that the club seems to need. It isn't just the playing staff but the feeling that the stadium, the club as a whole lacks any vibe, spirit or desire.

I share scepticism that the club is toying with fans in the hope to get a certain level of sales before it becomes clear that it may amount to nothing. It is too early to say, because the transfer window has not opened yet and rumours are always rife at this stage and often with little foundation, but I go back to my point that whilst I don't expect the club to give a clear indication of where they are intending to invest in details it is a reasonable expectation to see a clear overview - most organisations with new owners would expect new owners to lay out their ambitions - at the moment we are all guessing.
Login to get fewer ads

2022-23 Season on 23:46 - May 31 with 1507 viewsBicester_North

2022-23 Season on 23:04 - May 31 by A1079

I have never purchased a season ticket, largely for financial reasons but also the fact that I now live 240 miles away so my home games are limited. All that said, whether my team is performing well or not I have tended to still go as long circumstances and personal finances permit (mainly because I accept that I am a supporter who wants to be there through good or bad), but therein lies the rub. With rising costs of everything and little prospect of a decent pay rise it is reasonable that like many people I and many will need to think twice as to whether they can afford to go and even moreso if they weigh up whether they will enjoy the experience if they do. Few, myself included, felt in the last quarter of the season just passed that neither the players or the club gave me the feeling that I was spending my hard earned cash well and that at the end of it that I would feel that the players gave as much effort as I did in making the attempt to afford to go and travel the miles, taking time off work etc. It wasn't the losing that bothered me, but it was my perception that the players were not trying and too many did not care about the shirt they were wearing.

All the above aside, I have mentioned in a separate thread, that whilst I do not expect the new board or owners to show all their hand, it is reasonable to expect that by now they would have set out:-

- an honest assessment as to whether they see us as a club that can and will compete in the PL and not just aim to survive;

My overwhelming concern is the feeling that at the club there has been for some time a malaise, indifference and a ready acceptance of just getting by. For all those that did not like Cortese (and I am not saying he was perfect as I know he wasn't) but at least he was clear about what he expected of those that worked for and played for the club. Just getting by was not ever going to be enough under his stewardship and we need someone of that ilk who will give the kick up the ar*e that the club seems to need. It isn't just the playing staff but the feeling that the stadium, the club as a whole lacks any vibe, spirit or desire.

I share scepticism that the club is toying with fans in the hope to get a certain level of sales before it becomes clear that it may amount to nothing. It is too early to say, because the transfer window has not opened yet and rumours are always rife at this stage and often with little foundation, but I go back to my point that whilst I don't expect the club to give a clear indication of where they are intending to invest in details it is a reasonable expectation to see a clear overview - most organisations with new owners would expect new owners to lay out their ambitions - at the moment we are all guessing.

Good points, but words are only words, anyone could say we want to be challenging for top half’s or cups, Europe etc and could be a load of spiel.

Action is what’s required so I’d rather they just got on with sorting the malaise out and making these changes quickly. Starting with getting some good early transfer business done.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

2022-23 Season on 08:59 - Jun 1 with 1382 viewsA1079

2022-23 Season on 23:46 - May 31 by Bicester_North

Good points, but words are only words, anyone could say we want to be challenging for top half’s or cups, Europe etc and could be a load of spiel.

Action is what’s required so I’d rather they just got on with sorting the malaise out and making these changes quickly. Starting with getting some good early transfer business done.

Don't disagree at all with that Bicester. I think we all want to see some real action and intent and earlier rather than later - not the last week of August or whenever the final week of the window is.
2022-23 Season on 09:15 - Jun 1 with 1368 viewsChesham_Saint

2022-23 Season on 23:04 - May 31 by A1079

Fair points A.

I have to say I remain completely underwhelmed by this new regime. They seem little better than their predecessor who, as we know may well have been constrained by macro economics. These guys have no such excuse and if they don’t have enough dosh to change much they had no business buying the club in the first place.

I still think with SFC’s status, facilities and geographic location finding an owner with some real financial muscle must have been a possibility. The new guys might be well meaning (who knows - they never say much) but financially they’re pipsqueaks.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

2022-23 Season on 10:05 - Jun 1 with 1349 viewsSaintNick

I'm not sure what you are expecting, what sort of clarity can they give, you start announcing your transfer aspirations and you alert other clubs to whom you might be going after and you also push the price up.

They have said that not a lot is going to change other than we now have more money in the kitty to do things quicker, they are not going to start paying £40 million for players, they are going to hone what we do well, that is find good players under the radar.

This is the Premier League you don't need a club announcement to know what the season holds.

Six clubs with a lot more money and resources will dominate the leagues and win the cups, Newcastle will probably make that 7 . West Ham will try to hold on to their spot as hanging on the coat tails as will Leicester, that leaves the remaining 8 clubs who stayed up all pretty much of a muchness and vying to finish anywhere between 9th & 17th and hoping that the likes of Brentford will suffer second season syndrome and the three promoted clubs wont have the money to do much.

This is pretty much what has happened for the last 6 seasons and it is not changing, the big clubs are getting bigger and the small clubs are losing ground.

Take a look at last seasons table and at 15th Saints pretty much were par given resources. that will be the same next season and the season after that etc etc.

Each and every club between 9th and Leeds in 17th had similar season in that they all had poor spells and they all had good spells, ours was just at the end of the season as last year.

If you want a clue as to the way they think then look at what they are doing, they have sacked a mediocre coaching staff who sadly are unlikely to get jobs in the Premier League and that tells you something.

A good club doesn't give its intentions it quietly gets on with things, buying a season ticket should not be about what the club say they are going to do, it should be about wanting to support your club, if you have to think about it then i would suggest you are now done with being a supporter and now a customer who will pick and choose depending on form and who the team are playing.

If I'm honest this disappoints me as I don't see it much elsewhere, Brighton have had a similar last 5 years to us, yet their fans renew each season without fail, they get bigger crowds and full houses each week, why don't they stop going as many of our fans are.

It is never going to change in the premier league until the big clubs all leave for a super league, we don't need the club to tell us of their ambitions to work that out

Sorry to be so blunt, but that is the situation, if you feel that spending £100 million as Villa or Everton did will get us into the top 7 then tell me why

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

2022-23 Season on 15:44 - Jun 1 with 1268 viewsMytchettSaint

I should imagine most of the footballing staff of the club are still on their summer break and we won’t hear much until later in the month as things start gearing up for the start of next season. There’s not that much news coming from other clubs either at the moment.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024