Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
But I thought it was all Ralph's fault? 10:17 - Jun 9 with 2702 viewssaints__fan__73

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

But I thought it was all Ralph's fault? on 10:51 - Jun 9 with 2115 viewsSaintsforeverj

And there we have it. The lowest net spenders once again. Can we really expect much more under these financial restraints?

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

But I thought it was all Ralph's fault? on 11:25 - Jun 9 with 2080 viewsSaintNick

But I thought it was all Ralph's fault? on 10:51 - Jun 9 by Saintsforeverj

And there we have it. The lowest net spenders once again. Can we really expect much more under these financial restraints?

These were the financial restraints of last season , a knock on effect of high spending on wages etc.

So far we have knocked off Fraser Forsters wages, so that if £5 million saved on that alone, we have probably shaved another million or so with McCarthy's lower wages and Harry Lewis leaving.

If Jack Stephens goes that is another £2,5 million off the wage bill and hopefully we will shed a bit of the deadwood.

So yes we can expect more given that we have lost almost the last of our big earners off the wage bill and probably shaved about £17 million a year off our wage bill of 3 years ago with the departures of Lemina, Carrillo etc.

Add to that we now have owners who can invest something, the future is a lot brighter now than 3 years ago when we had an owner who couldn't put money in the club added to high wages on players not even in the first team, we have come through 3 years of austerity and are now seeing the light at the end of the tunnel

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

But I thought it was all Ralph's fault? on 11:31 - Jun 9 with 2074 viewsSaintsforeverj

But I thought it was all Ralph's fault? on 11:25 - Jun 9 by SaintNick

These were the financial restraints of last season , a knock on effect of high spending on wages etc.

So far we have knocked off Fraser Forsters wages, so that if £5 million saved on that alone, we have probably shaved another million or so with McCarthy's lower wages and Harry Lewis leaving.

If Jack Stephens goes that is another £2,5 million off the wage bill and hopefully we will shed a bit of the deadwood.

So yes we can expect more given that we have lost almost the last of our big earners off the wage bill and probably shaved about £17 million a year off our wage bill of 3 years ago with the departures of Lemina, Carrillo etc.

Add to that we now have owners who can invest something, the future is a lot brighter now than 3 years ago when we had an owner who couldn't put money in the club added to high wages on players not even in the first team, we have come through 3 years of austerity and are now seeing the light at the end of the tunnel

Well, we hope so! I would expect to see at least a few decent signings i.e a proper experienced defender, a proven PL goalkeeper and a proven PL quality striker. Will it happen or will we continue buy young players only?

I also meant that Ralph hasn't done too bad a job, having had the least to spend in the whole league.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

But I thought it was all Ralph's fault? on 11:32 - Jun 9 with 2074 viewsMytchettSaint

I’ll repeat it again in the hope it might finally register to even someone with the most challenged of IQ levels…

No one is saying it’s all Ralph’s fault.

It does show, what a challenge he’s been up against financially.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2022 11:34]

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

But I thought it was all Ralph's fault? on 11:51 - Jun 9 with 2050 viewsButty101

But I thought it was all Ralph's fault? on 11:32 - Jun 9 by MytchettSaint

I’ll repeat it again in the hope it might finally register to even someone with the most challenged of IQ levels…

No one is saying it’s all Ralph’s fault.

It does show, what a challenge he’s been up against financially.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2022 11:34]

a snap shot of 2 seasons dosent tell the whole truth. Palace before that had spent nothing for several years and sold their rightback to man u.
Every prem club has duff players on big wages, we are not the exception.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

But I thought it was all Ralph's fault? on 12:03 - Jun 9 with 2014 viewsSaintNick

But I thought it was all Ralph's fault? on 11:51 - Jun 9 by Butty101

a snap shot of 2 seasons dosent tell the whole truth. Palace before that had spent nothing for several years and sold their rightback to man u.
Every prem club has duff players on big wages, we are not the exception.

No one had the number of duff players on big wages we had when Ralph arrived

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

But I thought it was all Ralph's fault? on 12:14 - Jun 9 with 1970 viewsBridders2

But I thought it was all Ralph's fault? on 12:03 - Jun 9 by SaintNick

No one had the number of duff players on big wages we had when Ralph arrived

All the legacy of the fat chancer, Less Reed.
But I thought it was all Ralph's fault? on 12:50 - Jun 9 with 1930 viewssledger

ralph said he was happy with our business,and in february we were looking pretty good it has to be said then ralph decided to put his own spin on things in the fa cup games and the rest of the season is as they say history
Login to get fewer ads

But I thought it was all Ralph's fault? on 13:53 - Jun 9 with 1902 viewssaints__fan__73

But I thought it was all Ralph's fault? on 12:50 - Jun 9 by sledger

ralph said he was happy with our business,and in february we were looking pretty good it has to be said then ralph decided to put his own spin on things in the fa cup games and the rest of the season is as they say history

What on earth has the FA Cup got to do with it? We got to the Q/F, beating Europe bound WHU on the way, and then lost out to the PL champions in the semi lol.

But I thought it was all Ralph's fault? on 14:08 - Jun 9 with 1886 viewsI_would

Just as well Ralph's poor line ups, dodgy subs at dodgy times and his questionable pressing tactics had no effect on performances or results.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

But I thought it was all Ralph's fault? on 15:41 - Jun 9 with 1799 viewssledger

But I thought it was all Ralph's fault? on 13:53 - Jun 9 by saints__fan__73

What on earth has the FA Cup got to do with it? We got to the Q/F, beating Europe bound WHU on the way, and then lost out to the PL champions in the semi lol.

just the fact that in the west ham game he rested nearly the whole ist team,he lost the dressing room after that and if you went to that game you will know other than the arsenal game it was the luckiest result of the season,ralph would have been crucified if west ham had actually turned up
But I thought it was all Ralph's fault? on 15:51 - Jun 9 with 1786 viewssaints__fan__73

But I thought it was all Ralph's fault? on 15:41 - Jun 9 by sledger

just the fact that in the west ham game he rested nearly the whole ist team,he lost the dressing room after that and if you went to that game you will know other than the arsenal game it was the luckiest result of the season,ralph would have been crucified if west ham had actually turned up

I went to the game and it wasn't lucky at all. We weathered the storm a bit for the first 20 mins and then won the game 3-1.

He must be the 1st manager in history to lose the dressing room after a 3-1 victory!

But I thought it was all Ralph's fault? on 16:02 - Jun 9 with 1775 viewsBuggalugs

But I thought it was all Ralph's fault? on 15:51 - Jun 9 by saints__fan__73

I went to the game and it wasn't lucky at all. We weathered the storm a bit for the first 20 mins and then won the game 3-1.

He must be the 1st manager in history to lose the dressing room after a 3-1 victory!

"I went to the game"

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

But I thought it was all Ralph's fault? on 16:07 - Jun 9 with 1771 viewssaints__fan__73

But I thought it was all Ralph's fault? on 16:02 - Jun 9 by Buggalugs

"I went to the game"

Went to a few this season tbf! Even one away game. (albeit in Corporate hospitality)

But I thought it was all Ralph's fault? on 16:09 - Jun 9 with 1765 viewsBuggalugs

But I thought it was all Ralph's fault? on 16:07 - Jun 9 by saints__fan__73

Went to a few this season tbf! Even one away game. (albeit in Corporate hospitality)

Feeling the passion?

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

But I thought it was all Ralph's fault? on 16:12 - Jun 9 with 1763 viewssaints__fan__73

But I thought it was all Ralph's fault? on 16:09 - Jun 9 by Buggalugs

Feeling the passion?

In Emirates hospitality? It was very nice thanks. Food was amazing.

But I thought it was all Ralph's fault? on 16:51 - Jun 9 with 1723 viewsMytchettSaint

But I thought it was all Ralph's fault? on 13:53 - Jun 9 by saints__fan__73

At what point this season did we lose the momentum we had? And what event seemed to trigger that awful run of form?

Genuinely interested to hear your thoughts on this.

But I thought it was all Ralph's fault? on 16:55 - Jun 9 with 1717 viewssaints__fan__73

But I thought it was all Ralph's fault? on 16:51 - Jun 9 by MytchettSaint

At what point this season did we lose the momentum we had? And what event seemed to trigger that awful run of form?

Well definitely not after beating West Ham 3-1 that's for sure.

But I thought it was all Ralph's fault? on 17:05 - Jun 9 with 1704 viewsMytchettSaint

But I thought it was all Ralph's fault? on 16:55 - Jun 9 by saints__fan__73

When then?

But I thought it was all Ralph's fault? on 17:13 - Jun 9 with 1691 viewssledger

But I thought it was all Ralph's fault? on 16:55 - Jun 9 by saints__fan__73

I reckon you must have been in corporate hospitality when the game was played if you dont think ralph got away with one in that game but i admire youre rose tinted glasses as a matter of interest how did you think our season went
But I thought it was all Ralph's fault? on 18:03 - Jun 9 with 1644 viewsElijahK

I’d say after the Watford/Man City games, as the Watford game was the first we’d had in ages where we’d lost a game that most had us down to win, and the Man City game because it just made the rest of the season pretty irrelevant after that, as we could’ve stayed up with our goal difference and total points after we beat Norwich at the end of February, as after that we only got 5 points. But the Man City game just ended our season (as we were never gonna go down, no matter how badly those bedwetters said we would) and the Watford loss was the first loss where it was actually a bit embarrassing (although we should’ve had a pen in it if I remember correctly).

So I’d say one of those two

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

But I thought it was all Ralph's fault on 18:06 - Jun 9 with 1642 viewsElijahK

Anyway you shouldn’t post this on here, as many of the Ralph out’ers don’t seem to understand that it’s unrealistic/just not gonna happen, to think that we'll finish really high in the table when we’ve got such a poor squad and such little resources. As they will never except this and will always blame him until the day he goes, but even then will start saying whoever takes over should go as soon as we’ve lost a game!

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

But I thought it was all Ralph's fault on 18:09 - Jun 9 with 1638 viewsMytchettSaint

But I thought it was all Ralph's fault on 18:06 - Jun 9 by ElijahK

Anyway you shouldn’t post this on here, as many of the Ralph out’ers don’t seem to understand that it’s unrealistic/just not gonna happen, to think that we'll finish really high in the table when we’ve got such a poor squad and such little resources. As they will never except this and will always blame him until the day he goes, but even then will start saying whoever takes over should go as soon as we’ve lost a game!

‘Tis the Southampton way my friend.

But I thought it was all Ralph's fault? on 09:49 - Jun 10 with 1352 viewssaints__fan__73

But I thought it was all Ralph's fault? on 17:13 - Jun 9 by sledger

I reckon you must have been in corporate hospitality when the game was played if you dont think ralph got away with one in that game but i admire youre rose tinted glasses as a matter of interest how did you think our season went

What do you mean by got away with? I guess you could say this in terms of making 10 changes and winning 3-1 but in terms of the game itself we weathered an early storm, went 1-0 up, they equalised, we scored again and after that the result never really looked in much doubt. If you think that was a win we 'got away with' I worry about how you must feel about 90% of our victories.

But I thought it was all Ralph's fault? on 09:52 - Jun 10 with 1351 viewssaints__fan__73

No one thing triggered it.

We were just a squad of pretty average to poor players who had been over-performing for 10 games.

Players got tired, lost form, etc. Salisu went from looking a very good CB to a very poor one. Maybe his loss of form was down to not getting his (bank manager's) dream move to the Toon?

The ironic thing is that all the fans still wailing that we made 10 changes for a game we won 3-1, after the cup we played our strongest team for the next 13 games and only won one of them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024