Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sadio Mane 15:03 - Jun 23 with 1235 viewsSaintNick

An interesting piece

Sadio Mane, a Senegalese soccer star, earns approximately $10.2 million annually. He gave the world a rude awakening after some fans were flabbergasted when they saw him carrying a cracked iPhone 11. His response was awesome:

"Why would I want ten Ferraris, 20 diamond watches, and two jet planes? I starved, I worked in the fields, played barefoot, and I didn't go to school. Now I can help people. I prefer to build schools and give poor people food or clothing. I have built schools and a stadium, provide clothes, shoes, and food for people in extreme poverty.

In addition, I give 70 euros per month to all people from a very poor Senegalese region in order to contribute to their family economy. I do not need to display luxury cars, luxury homes, trips, and even planes. I prefer that my people receive some of what life has given me."

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Sadio Mane on 15:28 - Jun 23 with 1183 viewssaints__fan__73

https://twitter.com/_dhotya

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Sadio Mane on 16:11 - Jun 23 with 1126 viewsA1079

Assuming what I have read about Mane's contributions are accurate then all credit it to him.

Unless I am mistaken, I do not recall him leaving Saints under a cloud and he just seems to get on with his football whoever plays for.
Sadio Mane on 19:56 - Jun 23 with 982 viewsdarthvader

A genuine Saint

keep the faith coyr

Sadio Mane on 21:16 - Jun 23 with 928 viewsRon11

Sadio Mane on 19:56 - Jun 23 by darthvader

A genuine Saint

To the young lad who asked him not to go to another club (while he was entering or leaving the stadium) 'don't worry, I'm not going to leave'....
A true Saint.
Sadio Mane on 21:39 - Jun 23 with 904 viewsSaintNick

Sadio Mane on 21:16 - Jun 23 by Ron11

To the young lad who asked him not to go to another club (while he was entering or leaving the stadium) 'don't worry, I'm not going to leave'....
A true Saint.

I dont think Mane had anymore or less loyalty to Saints than anyone else has had, he just got on with it and played.

He didn't seem to be a popular player with a lot of our supporters for most of his two seasons

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Sadio Mane on 21:59 - Jun 23 with 890 viewsRon11

Sadio Mane on 21:39 - Jun 23 by SaintNick

I dont think Mane had anymore or less loyalty to Saints than anyone else has had, he just got on with it and played.

He didn't seem to be a popular player with a lot of our supporters for most of his two seasons

I thought he was a great player, especially when he scored the fastest hat trick in Premiership history, (remember those halcyon days?) but of course he was never going to stay, despite what he said to the young lad.
Every supporter I ever spoke to about him loved the bloke, as you say he just got on with it and played, and always gave 100%, unlike some - for example Tadic, who when he felt like it was an outstanding player, but only when he decided to turn up.
Of course, at the moment those days are gone - let's hope Saints can find another Mane, who might want to stay a bit longer.
Sadio Mane on 22:29 - Jun 23 with 859 viewsSaintsforeverj

Full credit to him. He has reportedly provided funds for a new hospital, schools, and various other projects. It's very true that he doesn't need 10 Ferraris, and 20 diamond watches collecting dust, who does?

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024