Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ralph 12:52 - Jul 2 with 1609 viewsPatfromPoole

I don’t see this new coaching set-up being a means of providing a succession plan for Ralph.

He is still going to be by far the most dominant presence on the touchline.

I fear we are going to regret not making a change at the top now, particularly when you factor in our form over the last 3 months of last season.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Ralph on 13:03 - Jul 2 with 1573 viewssaints__fan__73

You can’t blame the board. I mean they’ve weakened the squad again this Summer so I don’t know what else they can do?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Ralph on 13:21 - Jul 2 with 1530 viewsdirk_doone

I don't know how much control he has at the club but what Rasmus Ankersen achieved at Brentford gives some cause for optimism.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Ralph on 15:36 - Jul 2 with 1421 viewssaintwizzler

Leeds game a must win, yes?

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Ralph on 09:06 - Jul 3 with 1151 viewsSaintNick

There is balance in the coaching set up now and also experience, Ruben Selles has mainly been an assistant, but is certainly not a shrinking violet, you would think he would be a big help to Hasenhuttl both on the training ground and also on the touchline.

Alex Clapham was the head coach/manager of Notts County last season so he has match experience in the technical area.

Overall the coaching staff has improved drastically, if the squad we had could get to 15th last season with the coaches we had, we have every reason to be optimistic.

Of course Hasenhuttl is going to be the most dominant presence on the touchline, show me a Premier League club where the manager isn't, the difference is now he has genuine coaches and help.

Perhaps we could factor in our form in the middle three months of the season when we were in the top 10 and looking good, that gives us cause for hope that we can perform better in this coming season, if we make a key signing or two.

So far the squad is only weaker in one area and that is up front, Broja got headlines but he barely scored in the last three months and got only 6 goals, he might go on to be a top Premier League player, but he only showed that in brief glimpses for us, he can be easily replaced.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Ralph on 09:11 - Jul 3 with 1138 viewsPatfromPoole

Ralph on 09:06 - Jul 3 by SaintNick

There is balance in the coaching set up now and also experience, Ruben Selles has mainly been an assistant, but is certainly not a shrinking violet, you would think he would be a big help to Hasenhuttl both on the training ground and also on the touchline.

Alex Clapham was the head coach/manager of Notts County last season so he has match experience in the technical area.

Overall the coaching staff has improved drastically, if the squad we had could get to 15th last season with the coaches we had, we have every reason to be optimistic.

Of course Hasenhuttl is going to be the most dominant presence on the touchline, show me a Premier League club where the manager isn't, the difference is now he has genuine coaches and help.

Perhaps we could factor in our form in the middle three months of the season when we were in the top 10 and looking good, that gives us cause for hope that we can perform better in this coming season, if we make a key signing or two.

So far the squad is only weaker in one area and that is up front, Broja got headlines but he barely scored in the last three months and got only 6 goals, he might go on to be a top Premier League player, but he only showed that in brief glimpses for us, he can be easily replaced.

There aren’t many strikers around who could run Man City ragged like Broja did in the home League game.

Didn’t get a goal or an assist for Nick’s stat count, but was unlucky to have a goal disallowed for offside and made a great chance for himself in the second half.

We need to win about 12 games to stay up. Broja was inconsistent and bordered on petulant at times, but he was plenty good enough in at least 12 Prem games last season to make the difference and get us to 40 points.

He will be far from easy to replace.

Ralph on 09:17 - Jul 3 with 1124 viewssaintwizzler

The worryingly thing is the lack of form after the Man City cup exit.
Why?
That is the million dollar question.

Hassenhüttl is getting players in now and deadwood out.
Forster and Long are not good enough to start in any Premier League side.

It’s time for Hassenhüttl to earn his £115k a week and show us what he can do.

New season, slate wiped clean of past mistakes.
Over to you Hassenhüttl and the players.

Roll on 6th August 15:00.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Ralph on 17:46 - Jul 3 with 1015 viewsBerber

Certainly we are currently weaker up front, but we remain weak and inconsistent in AM, and even worse in CD. I know Salisu got some stick towards the end of the season, but his confidence must have been shot from not knowing what idiotic passes he was going to get from Bednarek and co.
Ralph on 18:10 - Jul 3 with 989 views1teeminants

Ralph on 09:11 - Jul 3 by PatfromPoole

There aren’t many strikers around who could run Man City ragged like Broja did in the home League game.

Didn’t get a goal or an assist for Nick’s stat count, but was unlucky to have a goal disallowed for offside and made a great chance for himself in the second half.

We need to win about 12 games to stay up. Broja was inconsistent and bordered on petulant at times, but he was plenty good enough in at least 12 Prem games last season to make the difference and get us to 40 points.

He will be far from easy to replace.

I still say Broja wasn’t in the right place mentally last few games . Something went wrong maybe but he wasn’t the same player who had terrorised defences by his powerful displays earlier in the season. For some reason his three other goals ,even though they weren’t scored in the premier league do not count for some people. I say he will go on to be a big player for a big club. I got Luke Shaw right and I think I’ll get this one right.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2022 18:14]

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Login to get fewer ads

Ralph on 20:34 - Jul 3 with 921 viewsSaintNick

Ralph on 18:10 - Jul 3 by 1teeminants

I still say Broja wasn’t in the right place mentally last few games . Something went wrong maybe but he wasn’t the same player who had terrorised defences by his powerful displays earlier in the season. For some reason his three other goals ,even though they weren’t scored in the premier league do not count for some people. I say he will go on to be a big player for a big club. I got Luke Shaw right and I think I’ll get this one right.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2022 18:14]

It wasnt just the last few games, he wasn't at the races much after the start of February, perhaps his head was turned a little with all the transfer news etc in the January window.

The three other goals you mentioned were scored against a mainly second string Newport side, you can't judge anyone in that performance it was so one sided.

I think he will go on to be a Premier League player, but i'm not sure he will be a top top player, he will get goals, but I don't think he will be another striker of the calibre of Kane etc, I don't think his all round game is good enough, he is very one footed for a start.

There is a lot of rumoured interest in Broja, but no one seem to be putting in anything concrete nor do they seem willing to pay the prices being mentioned.

Yes you got Luke Shaw right, but then again so did everyone. although Shaw has never totally fulfilled his potential at Manchester United .

I will just finish this by saying Jos Hooiveld

Ralph on 20:58 - Jul 3 with 899 viewsPatfromPoole

Ralph on 20:34 - Jul 3 by SaintNick

It wasnt just the last few games, he wasn't at the races much after the start of February, perhaps his head was turned a little with all the transfer news etc in the January window.

The three other goals you mentioned were scored against a mainly second string Newport side, you can't judge anyone in that performance it was so one sided.

I think he will go on to be a Premier League player, but i'm not sure he will be a top top player, he will get goals, but I don't think he will be another striker of the calibre of Kane etc, I don't think his all round game is good enough, he is very one footed for a start.

There is a lot of rumoured interest in Broja, but no one seem to be putting in anything concrete nor do they seem willing to pay the prices being mentioned.

Yes you got Luke Shaw right, but then again so did everyone. although Shaw has never totally fulfilled his potential at Manchester United .

West Ham in the Cup??

Class goal.

Ralph on 21:12 - Jul 3 with 876 views1teeminants

Ralph on 20:34 - Jul 3 by SaintNick

You didn’t particularly rate him Nick I remember it well. you were saying Danny Fox was a better call than Luke Shaw at the time and that I shouldn’t get too excited about Shaw as he was only playing in a nothing reserve game v Arsenal at St Mary’s and I shouldn’t go too much on it. He now plays for the biggest team in the world and is an England regular.

Ralph on 21:13 - Jul 3 with 871 views1teeminants

Ralph on 20:58 - Jul 3 by PatfromPoole

West Ham in the Cup??

Class goal.

Exactly Pat

Ralph on 21:14 - Jul 3 with 868 viewsSaintNick

Ralph on 20:58 - Jul 3 by PatfromPoole

West Ham in the Cup??

Class goal.

Im not denying he got some good goals, but he didn't get enough, lets be honest people used to give Shane Long all sorts of stick a few years back when he was scoring 7 League goals a season, yet they now think that is a good total.

No one disputes he got some good goals but he didnt score enough, 56 players got 6 goals or more in the Premier League last season, 43 got more than 6.

Danny Ings had a nightmare at Villa but still got 7.

As I keep saying I think Broja will score goals in the Premier League, I just dont think he was consistent enough over the entire season.

Ralph on 21:17 - Jul 3 with 854 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ralph on 21:14 - Jul 3 by SaintNick

Im not denying he got some good goals, but he didn't get enough, lets be honest people used to give Shane Long all sorts of stick a few years back when he was scoring 7 League goals a season, yet they now think that is a good total.

No one disputes he got some good goals but he didnt score enough, 56 players got 6 goals or more in the Premier League last season, 43 got more than 6.

Danny Ings had a nightmare at Villa but still got 7.

As I keep saying I think Broja will score goals in the Premier League, I just dont think he was consistent enough over the entire season.

Broja arguably downed tools as his head was turned. Had he signed a contract here, he might have got 15 goals. He was clearly a quality player when he was giving his all but like most of the team, he just stopped playing to his maximum.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2022 21:17]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Ralph on 21:59 - Jul 3 with 812 viewsSaintNick

Ralph on 21:17 - Jul 3 by Saintsforeverj

Broja arguably downed tools as his head was turned. Had he signed a contract here, he might have got 15 goals. He was clearly a quality player when he was giving his all but like most of the team, he just stopped playing to his maximum.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2022 21:17]

If he stopped playing to his maximum then you have to question his attitude, when he arrived Ralph made a comment about realising he had to work harder than he did when he initially arrived

Ralph on 22:01 - Jul 3 with 810 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ralph on 21:59 - Jul 3 by SaintNick

If he stopped playing to his maximum then you have to question his attitude, when he arrived Ralph made a comment about realising he had to work harder than he did when he initially arrived

He knew however hard he worked, he was going back to Chelsea from January onwards. He knew we couldn't afford him and his future was elsewhere. Even if not intentional, players lose interest when they know they are going.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2022 22:02]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024