Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McCarthy number one 14:33 - Jul 15 with 1966 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/20281930.new-southampton-7-2022-23-squad-numbe

McCarthy in goal and 20 year old defenders in front of him will see more thrashings next year. That squad looks very weak. We still need some major additions to the squad. Let's see if it happens, it needs to.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2022 14:35]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

McCarthy number one on 16:13 - Jul 15 with 1852 viewsChesham_Saint

'Jazz Hands' McCarthy as no 1?

Right, I'm off to the bookies...

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

McCarthy number one on 17:52 - Jul 15 with 1732 viewsRon11

Beyond belief if McCarthy is first choice goalkeeper.
Are they blind or is just our fault for pointing out the near post errors, kicking and fumbling?
As was commented the other day regarding the non appearance of an experienced central defender,
is it just out of spite?
Is Hassantaclue just flying in the face of the general consensus of opinion just because he can, and fu ck the results?
It'll be just plain embarrassing if Saints start the new season still with no experienced central defender and a league 2 performer in goal.
McCarthy number one on 06:41 - Jul 16 with 1492 viewssledger

i will need to be heavily medicated before the spurs game,as things stand it doesnt look great
McCarthy number one on 10:05 - Jul 17 with 1295 viewsSadoldgit

I wouldn’t take it as given that McCarthy will start just because he has the no 1 shirt.
McCarthy number one on 10:26 - Jul 17 with 1269 viewsBerber

I just cannot get my head around this stupifying decision. I can imagine it is how parents felt in the 50’s (and some US states now) when their daughter comes home and says, “I’m pregnant.” 4 years of hell.
McCarthy number one on 13:39 - Jul 17 with 1210 viewsTimSaint

McCarthy number one on 10:05 - Jul 17 by Sadoldgit

I wouldn’t take it as given that McCarthy will start just because he has the no 1 shirt.

Exactly this !!

Just because he wears the number 1 shirt, it doesn't mean he is first choice.

FF used to prefer 44

There are plenty of players in our squad who have either kept their old numbers, or opted for higher numbers - despite lower or more 'routine' numbers being available.

TimSaint

McCarthy number one on 20:20 - Jul 17 with 1120 viewsPeterL22

After the Leipzig game, it's obvious who the no 1 keeper is!
Having said that, RH will start McCarthy. I also expect him to start Stella & Adam Armstrong at centre back ,KWP as target man and Bednarek wide on the left (so he can cut in on his right foot).
I'm fed up of this "I see them in training,so know who to pick!".
I see them on match day !
McCarthy number one on 21:15 - Jul 17 with 1085 viewsdirk_doone

My number twos are better than McCarthy.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024