Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crewe Match Thread.. 07:34 - Jul 29 with 22317 viewsdale1968

Thought I would start this early as we KO tomorrow against Crewe at the COA.
Think that a top 10 finish is achievable this season whith the signings RS has made over the last few weeks, especially that of Hendo's return to the club.
would be great to start the campaign with 3pts and see how we go.
UTDNFS

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Crewe Match Thread.. on 19:07 - Jul 29 with 4342 views442Dale

Crewe Match Thread.. on 19:03 - Jul 29 by seasidedale

According to his profile on wilkipedia (I know) Malley is still under contract at Middlesbrough so it would be a loan to sign him

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/middlesbrough-connor-

He was released and has had a few trials, Lincoln as well as Huddersfield.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Crewe Match Thread.. on 21:10 - Jul 29 with 4131 viewsseasidedale

Crewe Match Thread.. on 19:07 - Jul 29 by 442Dale

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/middlesbrough-connor-

He was released and has had a few trials, Lincoln as well as Huddersfield.

Didn’t realise thanks
Crewe Match Thread.. on 21:26 - Jul 29 with 4068 viewsD_Alien

Crewe Match Thread.. on 17:28 - Jul 29 by TVOS1907

LEAGUE GAMES

January 382
February 397
March 562
April 637
May 126
June 1
July 0
August 296
September 549
October 499
November 340
December 407

Fabulous!

Looking for patterns, the difference between February and March is striking, even taking the extra 2/3 days and cup ties (of which there can't be that many) into account

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Crewe Match Thread.. on 21:29 - Jul 29 with 4050 viewsTVOS1907

Crewe Match Thread.. on 21:26 - Jul 29 by D_Alien

Fabulous!

Looking for patterns, the difference between February and March is striking, even taking the extra 2/3 days and cup ties (of which there can't be that many) into account

It will be the weather factor, with March also hosting more rearranged games.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Crewe Match Thread.. on 21:33 - Jul 29 with 4032 viewsD_Alien

Crewe Match Thread.. on 21:29 - Jul 29 by TVOS1907

It will be the weather factor, with March also hosting more rearranged games.

You're gonna hate me for asking this, but i don't suppose you keep track on your superamazing more excel-ent than is humanly possible spreadsheet of postponements?

[Post edited 29 Jul 2022 21:34]

Crewe Match Thread.. on 21:57 - Jul 29 with 3970 viewsTVOS1907

Crewe Match Thread.. on 21:33 - Jul 29 by D_Alien

You're gonna hate me for asking this, but i don't suppose you keep track on your superamazing more excel-ent than is humanly possible spreadsheet of postponements?

[Post edited 29 Jul 2022 21:34]

Unfortunately not.

Crewe Match Thread.. on 22:04 - Jul 29 with 3954 viewsD_Alien

Crewe Match Thread.. on 21:57 - Jul 29 by TVOS1907

Unfortunately not.

Or perhaps fortunately, since it'd have opened up a whole new world of weather-related issues!

Crewe Match Thread.. on 22:24 - Jul 29 with 3902 viewsTVOS1907

Crewe Match Thread.. on 22:04 - Jul 29 by D_Alien

Or perhaps fortunately, since it'd have opened up a whole new world of weather-related issues!

That's not to say it might never happen...

Login to get fewer ads

Crewe Match Thread.. on 22:26 - Jul 29 with 3903 viewsEllDale

In addition to plenty of rearranged games taking place in March over the years there have been plenty of instances of Easter falling in this month.
When I first started watching Dale that usually meant three games crammed into five days.
Crewe Match Thread.. on 22:49 - Jul 29 with 3870 viewsD_Alien

Crewe Match Thread.. on 22:24 - Jul 29 by TVOS1907

That's not to say it might never happen...

Ah...

Crewe Match Thread.. on 23:26 - Jul 29 with 3778 viewsTVOS1907

Crewe Match Thread.. on 22:26 - Jul 29 by EllDale

In addition to plenty of rearranged games taking place in March over the years there have been plenty of instances of Easter falling in this month.
When I first started watching Dale that usually meant three games crammed into five days.

http://www.maa.clell.de/StarDate/publ_holidays.html

Crewe Match Thread.. on 08:50 - Jul 30 with 3505 viewsEllDale

All I can say to that is wow!
Crewe Match Thread.. on 10:41 - Jul 30 with 3298 viewsTVOS1907

Crewe Match Thread.. on 08:50 - Jul 30 by EllDale

All I can say to that is wow!

To what?

Crewe Match Thread.. on 11:38 - Jul 30 with 3165 viewsEllDale

Finding such a detailed website.
Way beyond my capabilities!
Crewe Match Thread.. on 11:52 - Jul 30 with 3134 viewsTVOS1907

Crewe Match Thread.. on 11:38 - Jul 30 by EllDale

Finding such a detailed website.
Way beyond my capabilities!

Go to Google and search for "Easter dates"

Crewe Match Thread.. on 12:47 - Jul 30 with 3030 viewsEllDale

First sloppy piece of journalism of the season spotted.
According to the back page of the Ob Dale are playing Burton Albion this afternoon.
Crewe Match Thread.. on 12:54 - Jul 30 with 3007 viewsTVOS1907

Crewe Match Thread.. on 22:49 - Jul 29 by D_Alien

Ah...

It would start with having the fixture list at the start of the season and then tracking the months from there. I could probably do it from 1982/83, when I started watching, but earlier dates would take more research.

Crewe Match Thread.. on 13:19 - Jul 30 with 2945 viewsD_Alien

Crewe Match Thread.. on 12:54 - Jul 30 by TVOS1907

It would start with having the fixture list at the start of the season and then tracking the months from there. I could probably do it from 1982/83, when I started watching, but earlier dates would take more research.

Leaving aside pre-1982/83 (which would definitely be a "rainy day" activity), technically you have the dates logged when postponements occurred? It'd also mean identifying any fixtures which were postponed due to factors other than weather, e.g. the opposition having a cup tie which couldn't be rescheduled to play another team, which would be a right pain!

I'm not at all sure that the percentage of fixtures postponed during February would be significantly higher than in March, for instance, but it'd be of interest if your Excel lent itself to that analysis

Crewe Match Thread.. on 13:31 - Jul 30 with 2915 viewsTVOS1907

Crewe Match Thread.. on 13:19 - Jul 30 by D_Alien

Leaving aside pre-1982/83 (which would definitely be a "rainy day" activity), technically you have the dates logged when postponements occurred? It'd also mean identifying any fixtures which were postponed due to factors other than weather, e.g. the opposition having a cup tie which couldn't be rescheduled to play another team, which would be a right pain!

I'm not at all sure that the percentage of fixtures postponed during February would be significantly higher than in March, for instance, but it'd be of interest if your Excel lent itself to that analysis

It might do - one (rainy) day!

Crewe Match Thread.. on 14:05 - Jul 30 with 2797 views442Dale

Graham starting is a major surprise.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Crewe Match Thread.. on 14:09 - Jul 30 with 2751 viewsEllDale

I don’t think anyone predicted that.
Good luck to the lad though. Let’s encourage him.
Crewe Match Thread.. on 14:51 - Jul 30 with 2522 viewsHullDale

The Bottomley banner in the Sandy is a work of art.
Crewe Match Thread.. on 14:58 - Jul 30 with 2481 viewsKnavesmireBob

Sadly missing it today as on my holidays but excited to see us finally get underway. Like others I'm hoping there's a LWB and Conor replacement in the pipeline, am sure that'll be the case in the coming days.

Main hope as the season kicks off is that Robbie spent part of his summer watching Baz McCullum's England test cricket team and Sarina Wiegman's England ladies. This summer has convinced me there's a new leadership style emerging in sport. In the 2010's the bellwether seemed to be Dave Brailsford and Team Sky - marginal gains, data obsession, analysts everywhere you look. Breeds winners for a while but at what cost in a stressful, intense environment.

I reckon the coming post-Covid years will be more about freeing players minds and releasing the pressures of too much information complexity. Living in the present moment and playing like you're on the streets with your mates again. McCullum/Stokes have given us a glimpse of what can be achieved with a more liberating and relaxed management style, completely transforming the same players almost overnight, and Wiegman's doing much the same with the Lionesses. Loads of highly sophisticated process and detail behind the scenes, but when they cross the white line they know the leadership is completely backing them to go out and express themselves, make mistakes and enjoy the privilege of playing professional sport for a living and entertaining the fans.

Easy to say but much harder to achieve, and to that end I think this season is really all about Robbie. He's looked and sounded great through pre-season and I really hope this is the year he establishes himself as an excellent new manager. I'm not too worried about the players, if they're happy and motivated they're good enough. Enjoy the match everyone and fingers crossed for 3 points come 5pm!
Crewe Match Thread.. on 15:19 - Jul 30 with 2356 viewsNigeriamark

Crewe Match Thread.. on 14:58 - Jul 30 by KnavesmireBob

Sadly missing it today as on my holidays but excited to see us finally get underway. Like others I'm hoping there's a LWB and Conor replacement in the pipeline, am sure that'll be the case in the coming days.

Main hope as the season kicks off is that Robbie spent part of his summer watching Baz McCullum's England test cricket team and Sarina Wiegman's England ladies. This summer has convinced me there's a new leadership style emerging in sport. In the 2010's the bellwether seemed to be Dave Brailsford and Team Sky - marginal gains, data obsession, analysts everywhere you look. Breeds winners for a while but at what cost in a stressful, intense environment.

I reckon the coming post-Covid years will be more about freeing players minds and releasing the pressures of too much information complexity. Living in the present moment and playing like you're on the streets with your mates again. McCullum/Stokes have given us a glimpse of what can be achieved with a more liberating and relaxed management style, completely transforming the same players almost overnight, and Wiegman's doing much the same with the Lionesses. Loads of highly sophisticated process and detail behind the scenes, but when they cross the white line they know the leadership is completely backing them to go out and express themselves, make mistakes and enjoy the privilege of playing professional sport for a living and entertaining the fans.

Easy to say but much harder to achieve, and to that end I think this season is really all about Robbie. He's looked and sounded great through pre-season and I really hope this is the year he establishes himself as an excellent new manager. I'm not too worried about the players, if they're happy and motivated they're good enough. Enjoy the match everyone and fingers crossed for 3 points come 5pm!

1-0 Crewe with their first chance. Some things don't change it seems. Free kick into the box & their player gets a free header. Clumsy by EEL to give the free kick in the first place. All to do now
Crewe Match Thread.. on 15:25 - Jul 30 with 2269 viewsblackdogblue

Ffs… same shite.. new season

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024