Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder 15:55 - Aug 16 with 2124 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/58263/spanish-club-in-ne

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 23:15 - Aug 16 with 648 viewsSaintsforeverj

Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 23:07 - Aug 16 by SaintNick

In my time of watching Saints there have been plenty of good club servants given stick at the end of their career.

Alan Ball was one of them, quite a few more when they went past their sell by date

Maybe so, but we all love Romeu now, so let's keep him rather than make a couple of million but lose 150 million if we go down because if it. Balance the books by getting rid of players we don't need, not ones we do. We know we have to sell players when silly money comes in, I accept that but the difference here is simple, they want to make a couple of million, but risk losing 150 million. When we sell a top player for 50 million, fair enough, because we would have shed loads of money to get a replacement. Lavia is far too young for us to know if he can be his replacement. Who cares if we lose out on a few million but we get another 5 years of him and he helps keep us up? The club care, they want every last penny.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2022 23:17]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 23:48 - Aug 16 with 621 viewsPatfromPoole

Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 23:15 - Aug 16 by Saintsforeverj

Maybe so, but we all love Romeu now, so let's keep him rather than make a couple of million but lose 150 million if we go down because if it. Balance the books by getting rid of players we don't need, not ones we do. We know we have to sell players when silly money comes in, I accept that but the difference here is simple, they want to make a couple of million, but risk losing 150 million. When we sell a top player for 50 million, fair enough, because we would have shed loads of money to get a replacement. Lavia is far too young for us to know if he can be his replacement. Who cares if we lose out on a few million but we get another 5 years of him and he helps keep us up? The club care, they want every last penny.

Seconded.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 00:34 - Aug 17 with 589 viewsElijahK

Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 23:15 - Aug 16 by Saintsforeverj

Yeah spot on. As even if we weren’t anywhere near the relegation scrap, and we sold him for like £5m, he could be the difference between us coming in 13th to 14th which would probably have a difference of like £5m in itself. As what’s the point in selling him when we’re not desperate to, whilst we are desperate to make sure we have that squad depth and experienced players to finish as highly as we can.
As it’s a gamble where us winning it, is us basically not making or loosing any money, whilst us loosing it could cost us by quite a bit, where at best we finish one position lower but get in the £5m for him so also make nothing, but we’ve also finished lower and that one position might not be as irrelevant as 13th to 14th, and may be the difference between us staying up or going down.

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 06:41 - Aug 17 with 566 viewssledger

Hes someone we should be looking to retain as a good squad player and then later in a coaching capacity,i think nearer to the truth is that he wont have the arrogant idiot of a manager we have and so wants out,shame
Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 06:44 - Aug 17 with 566 viewssaint68

I said 3 months ago on here that Romeu would be leaving this summer , the reason being his relationship or lack of with the manager...

Shame as he's been great for us over the last half decade or so.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 09:47 - Aug 17 with 514 viewsElijahK

Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 06:44 - Aug 17 by saint68

I said 3 months ago on here that Romeu would be leaving this summer , the reason being his relationship or lack of with the manager...

Shame as he's been great for us over the last half decade or so.

And where’d you get that from? As he’s seemed to work with Ralph pretty well over the last 4 or so years… so why now the sudden change in heart?

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 10:04 - Aug 17 with 512 viewssaint68

Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 09:47 - Aug 17 by ElijahK

And where’d you get that from? As he’s seemed to work with Ralph pretty well over the last 4 or so years… so why now the sudden change in heart?

I posted in May that he'd be off...things haven't changed and now he's actively seeking another club.

Shame as I like Romeu..we'll miss him.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 18:03 - Aug 17 with 461 viewsGRIM

Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 10:04 - Aug 17 by saint68

I posted in May that he'd be off...things haven't changed and now he's actively seeking another club.

Shame as I like Romeu..we'll miss him.

Agree with previous comments about OR's relationship with RH.
We obviously don't know what goes on behind the scenes, but OR is probably fed up with working under an incompetent Manager who's team selection & tactics baffle all of us including the players.
OR is more tactically astute than RH will ever be.
We won't get decent money for him so extend his contract for a couple of years.
Can't blame him if he wants out, but we would miss him big time.
Login to get fewer ads

Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 07:52 - Aug 18 with 376 viewsBerber

Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 06:41 - Aug 17 by sledger

Hes someone we should be looking to retain as a good squad player and then later in a coaching capacity,i think nearer to the truth is that he wont have the arrogant idiot of a manager we have and so wants out,shame

I think this is what he was hoping for 2hen he talked about staying with us for 5he longer term last season or the one before.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024