Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” 10:53 - Aug 21 with 8830 viewsBarrowdale

They can spend it watching that first goal over and over again til they get it through their thick heads that we cant pss around like we’re PSG in a training game.

For christ’s sake stop this utter stupidity!
Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 10:58 - Aug 21 with 4361 views442Dale

The bigger worry was the third. Players jogging back.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 11:24 - Aug 21 with 4271 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 10:58 - Aug 21 by 442Dale

The bigger worry was the third. Players jogging back.

There are plenty of others to pick from......absolute laughing stock.
Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 11:25 - Aug 21 with 4251 viewsSuddenLad

There's no point repeatedly crucifying Ben Nelson for what happened. It's done with and he will never forget it. If we stopped fannying around with the ball at the back, putting ourselves under unnecessary pressure, it wouldn't have happened.

We're still living on that bloody goal at Southend all those years ago when the team were being compared to Guardiola's Man City.

Back to basics and stop over-complicating things to a point where no-one knows what's going on.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 11:31 - Aug 21 with 4238 viewsBarrowdale

Who’s crucifying Nelson. He’ll be fine. It’s the bloody tactics. Constantly backwards, negative pointless touch football.
Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 11:40 - Aug 21 with 4195 viewsSuddenLad

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 11:31 - Aug 21 by Barrowdale

Who’s crucifying Nelson. He’ll be fine. It’s the bloody tactics. Constantly backwards, negative pointless touch football.

Watching and watching that first goal over and over again is effectively putting Nelson in the guilty corner. No need for it.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 12:03 - Aug 21 with 4111 views442Dale

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 11:24 - Aug 21 by Yorkshire_Dale

There are plenty of others to pick from......absolute laughing stock.

Actually no, it’s not about throwing out random lines of criticism, more looking at evidence to identify real issues.

Watch the third goal, it’s a far bigger problem than the first.

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 12:14 - Aug 21 with 4074 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 11:31 - Aug 21 by Barrowdale

That's what's galling.....we had the Kick Off and went straight into "back pass "mode and invited Swindon pressure ....we never even got into their half! At least before the Kick off rule change we might have gone forward.......

It is utter shite. We really need a bit of a bastard manager* to get this lot sorted.

*Evans
Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 12:29 - Aug 21 with 4002 views442Dale

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 12:14 - Aug 21 by Yorkshire_Dale

That's what's galling.....we had the Kick Off and went straight into "back pass "mode and invited Swindon pressure ....we never even got into their half! At least before the Kick off rule change we might have gone forward.......

It is utter shite. We really need a bit of a bastard manager* to get this lot sorted.

*Evans

Not sure if you noticed how we were kicking off under Stockdale, it was a ball out wide into the opponent’s half. That was perfectly fine.

Login to get fewer ads

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 12:30 - Aug 21 with 4007 viewsSandyman

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 12:03 - Aug 21 by 442Dale

Actually no, it’s not about throwing out random lines of criticism, more looking at evidence to identify real issues.

Watch the third goal, it’s a far bigger problem than the first.

Just seen the third goal. Apathetic, lazy defending then they all look at each other.

Seen better from a pub team after a stag do.
Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 12:32 - Aug 21 with 4001 viewselectricblue

A Recovery day!
From what?
Going out on the lash on saturday night to drown their sorrows.

Sorry but that ethic does not work for me as its only August for christs sake.

Monday should be split in two.
2hrs in the morning learning how to defend and attack the ball followed 2 hrs of playng to a shape with 2 front men pushing onto the CBs and looking to receive the ball and holding it up draw the foul......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 12:51 - Aug 21 with 3933 viewsDalenet

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 12:32 - Aug 21 by electricblue

A Recovery day!
From what?

2hrs in the morning learning how to defend and attack the ball followed 2 hrs of playng to a shape with 2 front men pushing onto the CBs and looking to receive the ball and holding it up draw the foul......

That comment alone told me that Big Jim hasn't any influence over the squad. If Sunday and Monday are a recovery day after a Saturday, then it goes to say that Wednesday and Thursday are after a Tuesday game. And we play Saturday and Tuesday for at least half of the season. Does that mean we only train on a Friday?

Come on Jim show some passion and get the players in tomorrow and work on something to create some pride on Tuesday. If the Board has a preferred candidate, then they will be there to watch. If they don't want to battle for Jim or the fans, they'll need to show some grit for the new boss. We are only 5 games in - but lets start at game 6 not in November.
Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 13:01 - Aug 21 with 3876 viewsTVOS1907

They will be training on Monday, especially with the game on Tuesday.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2022 13:03]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 13:04 - Aug 21 with 3839 viewsbluevein64

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 12:32 - Aug 21 by electricblue

A Recovery day!
From what?

Exactly, recovery day from what!
It's Sunday that's a "recovery day" it's it's ? I'm not sure if it means that the players are lolling around at home Sunday and Monday or in for light training on Monday or it's only recovery day when there's a have some fun game on Tuesday I don't know but I'm absolutely certain that some serious changes have to be made, starting with Monday's recovery day - if ever a squad needed to be brought in and worked hard at training on Monday then Rochdale AFC is that squad!
Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 13:05 - Aug 21 with 3823 viewsTVOS1907

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 12:51 - Aug 21 by Dalenet

That comment alone told me that Big Jim hasn't any influence over the squad. If Sunday and Monday are a recovery day after a Saturday, then it goes to say that Wednesday and Thursday are after a Tuesday game. And we play Saturday and Tuesday for at least half of the season. Does that mean we only train on a Friday?

Come on Jim show some passion and get the players in tomorrow and work on something to create some pride on Tuesday. If the Board has a preferred candidate, then they will be there to watch. If they don't want to battle for Jim or the fans, they'll need to show some grit for the new boss. We are only 5 games in - but lets start at game 6 not in November.

A recovery day is the day after a match; that will be the case for all teams, unless the manager calls them in for extra training.

They trained on Thursday last week and maybe even Friday morning, before travelling to Swindon.

The only time they won't train on a Monday is likely to be when we don't have a Tuesday game, meaning the week's schedule is different. (or if we've played on Sunday)
[Post edited 21 Aug 2022 13:08]

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 13:10 - Aug 21 with 3805 viewsbluevein64

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 13:05 - Aug 21 by TVOS1907

A recovery day is the day after a match; that will be the case for all teams, unless the manager calls them in for extra training.

They trained on Thursday last week and maybe even Friday morning, before travelling to Swindon.

The only time they won't train on a Monday is likely to be when we don't have a Tuesday game, meaning the week's schedule is different. (or if we've played on Sunday)

Thanks for the clarification !
Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 13:15 - Aug 21 with 3747 viewsTVOS1907

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 13:10 - Aug 21 by bluevein64

Thanks for the clarification !

No probs. I think Big Jim is getting his days mixed up.

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 13:17 - Aug 21 with 3744 viewsTalkingSutty

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 13:05 - Aug 21 by TVOS1907

He said in his post match interview that they wont be training on Monday it will be a recovery day. Unless i'm having a senior moment i'm pretty sure that's what he said
Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 13:18 - Aug 21 with 3731 viewsTVOS1907

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 13:17 - Aug 21 by TalkingSutty

He said in his post match interview that they wont be training on Monday it will be a recovery day. Unless i'm having a senior moment i'm pretty sure that's what he said

Yes, but I think he's getting legged up or didn't explain it properly.

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 13:19 - Aug 21 with 3727 viewsD_Alien

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 13:18 - Aug 21 by TVOS1907

Yes, but I think he's getting legged up or didn't explain it properly.

I'm afraid after that interview i've got a new nickname for BigJim...

Ethelred

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 13:21 - Aug 21 with 3709 viewsJames1980

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 13:19 - Aug 21 by D_Alien

Ethelred

As in Unraed? which means poorly advised.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 13:39 - Aug 21 with 3630 viewselectricblue

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 13:17 - Aug 21 by TalkingSutty

Yes he did state that MONDAY is a recovery day......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 13:47 - Aug 21 with 3598 viewsJames1980

I believe recovery day doesn't mean sitting around doing nothing, but light physical training to keep condition and prevent injury. The last thing we need is another injury because players had a full session on Monday instead of recovering.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 13:51 - Aug 21 with 3574 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 13:19 - Aug 21 by D_Alien

Ethelred

Unready instead of being ever ready?

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 14:34 - Aug 21 with 3421 viewsD_Alien

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 13:51 - Aug 21 by foreverhopefulDale

Unready instead of being ever ready?

No qualms about BigJim if he wasn't expecting the call-up, people have different characters and aren't into anticipating potential scenarios. But that surely rules him out of the running, IF he were interested in the first place?

His forte seems to be liaison with people and players (he's a footballer's union rep) rather than the more objective demands of management. And perhaps, the degree of ruthlessness required along with the ability to anticipate events well ahead of time
[Post edited 21 Aug 2022 14:36]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Seeing as Monday is a “recovery day!” on 10:53 - Aug 22 with 2898 viewsBillyRudd

Having watched Jims post match interview....
Am sure he is the grand chap everybody seems to think.
Personally have never had a problem with him as a player. I have seen many many in a Dale shirt much worse.
Would I want him anywhere near a managerial position. ABSOLUTELY not. He is the complete opposite of what is required at this time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024