Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton At Wolves Matchday Thread 23:36 - Sep 2 with 4282 viewsSaintNick

A little early , but im on the train early tomorrow so ill get the thread up now

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Southampton At Wolves Matchday Thread on 17:21 - Sep 3 with 1228 viewsPatfromPoole

Southampton At Wolves Matchday Thread on 17:07 - Sep 3 by ElijahK

Unfortunately I couldn’t watch the game, but have just seen the score line! Certainly does seem like we did need a striker on Wednesday…
Still how were we?

Played very well.

We’ll be fine.

Think we could win a few of our up and coming games.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Southampton At Wolves Matchday Thread on 17:40 - Sep 3 with 1158 viewsBerber

Southampton At Wolves Matchday Thread on 17:18 - Sep 3 by NYC_Saint

We looked much better when moi and Diallo went off. S Armstrong should be starting and and someone other than Diallo needs to partner JWP. The new city winger looked fantastic. I think we'll have a good season although today feels like we left points on the table.

I agree about Diallo. At best, he is adequate, but too many times he gives the ball away needlessly.
Southampton At Wolves Matchday Thread on 17:53 - Sep 3 with 1130 viewssaint22

Southampton At Wolves Matchday Thread on 17:40 - Sep 3 by Berber

I agree about Diallo. At best, he is adequate, but too many times he gives the ball away needlessly.

Yes and we missed Oriol today

Stu should be starting
Southampton At Wolves Matchday Thread on 17:56 - Sep 3 with 1118 viewsNYC_Saint

Southampton At Wolves Matchday Thread on 17:40 - Sep 3 by Berber

He's an odd one - he looks to have all the attributes but it doesn't quite work for him and he always looks vulnerable to a robust tackle. Lavia is smaller and much younger and yet looks like a mini Wanyama in possession (to my rose tinted eyes at least).
Southampton At Wolves Matchday Thread on 18:14 - Sep 3 with 1065 viewsPatfromPoole

Their goal came from what could have been a goal for us.

Elyounoussi fluffed the pass that would have put Adam Armstrong clean through, and they broke and scored with a fluffed shot that wrong footed Bazunu.

Elyounoussi‘s bigger crime was not playing Che clean through in the first-half and hanging on to the ball for too long.

Costly errors.

Stu Armstrong to start next week.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Southampton At Wolves Matchday Thread on 18:40 - Sep 3 with 1014 viewsElijahK

Southampton At Wolves Matchday Thread on 17:21 - Sep 3 by PatfromPoole

Played very well.

We’ll be fine.

Think we could win a few of our up and coming games.

Oh yeah don’t worry I’ve never had us to go down, but like who performed well and who didn’t? Any baffling Ralph decision or VAR controversies (although 9 times outta 10 they’re not 😂)

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Southampton At Wolves Matchday Thread on 21:15 - Sep 3 with 883 viewsgrumpy

Southampton At Wolves Matchday Thread on 18:40 - Sep 3 by ElijahK

Oh yeah don’t worry I’ve never had us to go down, but like who performed well and who didn’t? Any baffling Ralph decision or VAR controversies (although 9 times outta 10 they’re not 😂)

'9 times outta 10 they’re not'
Really!!!
Southampton At Wolves Matchday Thread on 21:31 - Sep 3 with 864 viewsStAnt

Southampton At Wolves Matchday Thread on 17:56 - Sep 3 by NYC_Saint

He's an odd one - he looks to have all the attributes but it doesn't quite work for him and he always looks vulnerable to a robust tackle. Lavia is smaller and much younger and yet looks like a mini Wanyama in possession (to my rose tinted eyes at least).

Lavia is an inch taller and built like a brick shithouse - Diallo is weak in comparison.
Login to get fewer ads

Southampton At Wolves Matchday Thread on 21:32 - Sep 3 with 859 viewsElijahK

Southampton At Wolves Matchday Thread on 21:15 - Sep 3 by grumpy

Really!!!

Yeah well I’ve heard that there certainly may have been some in the Newcastle and Chelsea games, but I’ll have to wait until MOTD to have a more LOTG prospective of it

Southampton At Wolves Matchday Thread on 22:19 - Sep 3 with 834 viewskingslandstand1

Southampton At Wolves Matchday Thread on 21:15 - Sep 3 by grumpy

Really!!!

Don't forget he tends to be on the official's side most of the time knowing what he does in the game ......
(Jesting Elijah ........... )
Though there was a first with VAR today. Referee told to look at the monitor after a pen decision and actually maintained he was right!!
Southampton At Wolves Matchday Thread on 22:45 - Sep 3 with 806 viewsElijahK

Southampton At Wolves Matchday Thread on 22:19 - Sep 3 by kingslandstand1

Don't forget he tends to be on the official's side most of the time knowing what he does in the game ......
Though there was a first with VAR today. Referee told to look at the monitor after a pen decision and actually maintained he was right!!

I’m pretty sure that’s happened once before though, as I’ve heard it loads when the ref has gone over to the monitor when watching the games on TV that they have kept with their decision once (although whether it was for a pen or not, I’m not sure), although I think it was quite a while ago when they only just started to properly use the monitors (although why they even send them to the monitors I don’t get, as they basically never stick with their decisions).

But with the whole “who I back”, I only usually back the officials as I myself have been in their positions enough times before and know why they do/don’t do certain things, which to the fans may seem obvious, but when you know these things change your perspective of things. And that’s not also knowing the LOTG as sometimes the rules may be harsh/stupid, but refs have to follow them.

As I’m watching MOTD and I think that the supposed Leeds incident is a perfect example, as it’s not a pen whatsoever, as yeah a foul should’ve been given beforehand for the shirt pull, but that was outside the box, so wouldn’t be a pen. But that former spurs player just sums up what reds have to deal with, as it’s a little nudge and was never a pen, and I’m sure if he’d given it would’ve also gotten stick for that.

Although I’ve just seen that incident your on about, and that pen should never have been given as it is no different to the ones we had against Man U/Leicester, and they weren’t given (which in all fairness they got right) but then why they’ve given this one I just done get, even as a ref. But that’s the issue with the LOTG, VAR as they can’t just ever be consistent

Southampton At Wolves Matchday Thread on 00:04 - Sep 4 with 762 viewsElijahK

Southampton At Wolves Matchday Thread on 22:19 - Sep 3 by kingslandstand1

Just seen them all though, and I do think there were quite a few mess ups today though!
As I think our game, the Leeds one (as that’s never a pen), Spurs and Liverpool (as it wasn’t a red for Van Dijk) games and maybe the Villa (as that offside wasn’t right, but Ederson would have always saved it if the whistle hadn’t have been blown).

But like I said before the Bournemouth handball shouldn’t have been one as it’s no different to the ones we’ve faced, and they weren’t given (which was unfortunately correct) so nether should that one.
The Chelsea one I understand why they did it (as Mendy does get there first and there is contact from the attacker), but after seeing the replays it’s not that forceful and football is a contact sport so a foul shouldn’t have been given.
And the Newcastle one originally I thought they got right, but after seeing the VAR replays and seeing how it’s the Palace lad that shoves the Newcastle player into the keeper, certainly changed my opinion on that decision.

So overall outta 8 games, they got 3.5 major decisions wrong outta like 6, so not necessarily the greatest of weeks, although all the nonsense they came out with at the end of the game just shows of why the FA never really listen to them

Southampton At Wolves Matchday Thread on 00:29 - Sep 4 with 749 viewsSaintsforeverj

Southampton At Wolves Matchday Thread on 00:04 - Sep 4 by ElijahK

Just seen them all though, and I do think there were quite a few mess ups today though!
As I think our game, the Leeds one (as that’s never a pen), Spurs and Liverpool (as it wasn’t a red for Van Dijk) games and maybe the Villa (as that offside wasn’t right, but Ederson would have always saved it if the whistle hadn’t have been blown).

But like I said before the Bournemouth handball shouldn’t have been one as it’s no different to the ones we’ve faced, and they weren’t given (which was unfortunately correct) so nether should that one.
The Chelsea one I understand why they did it (as Mendy does get there first and there is contact from the attacker), but after seeing the replays it’s not that forceful and football is a contact sport so a foul shouldn’t have been given.
And the Newcastle one originally I thought they got right, but after seeing the VAR replays and seeing how it’s the Palace lad that shoves the Newcastle player into the keeper, certainly changed my opinion on that decision.

So overall outta 8 games, they got 3.5 major decisions wrong outta like 6, so not necessarily the greatest of weeks, although all the nonsense they came out with at the end of the game just shows of why the FA never really listen to them

That West Ham VAR decision and the ref, who went to the monitor, was a terrible decision. It was a West Ham goal all day long. How they can see it in the replay on the pitch side monitor and in the VAR studios and still make the wrong decision is beyond belief. As Shearer said on MOTD, it was a disgraceful decision.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2022 0:32]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Southampton At Wolves Matchday Thread on 09:13 - Sep 4 with 636 viewsElijahK

Southampton At Wolves Matchday Thread on 00:29 - Sep 4 by Saintsforeverj

That West Ham VAR decision and the ref, who went to the monitor, was a terrible decision. It was a West Ham goal all day long. How they can see it in the replay on the pitch side monitor and in the VAR studios and still make the wrong decision is beyond belief. As Shearer said on MOTD, it was a disgraceful decision.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2022 0:32]

I do think he went a bit ott there, as there’s been many worse decisions that that. As at least that one made sense as to why they disallowed it, and wasn’t one of the baffling ones where you don’t even get or understand of how it’s been overruled.

Southampton At Wolves Matchday Thread on 09:31 - Sep 4 with 620 viewsdarthvader

Southampton At Wolves Matchday Thread on 22:45 - Sep 3 by ElijahK

I’m pretty sure that’s happened once before though, as I’ve heard it loads when the ref has gone over to the monitor when watching the games on TV that they have kept with their decision once (although whether it was for a pen or not, I’m not sure), although I think it was quite a while ago when they only just started to properly use the monitors (although why they even send them to the monitors I don’t get, as they basically never stick with their decisions).

But with the whole “who I back”, I only usually back the officials as I myself have been in their positions enough times before and know why they do/don’t do certain things, which to the fans may seem obvious, but when you know these things change your perspective of things. And that’s not also knowing the LOTG as sometimes the rules may be harsh/stupid, but refs have to follow them.

As I’m watching MOTD and I think that the supposed Leeds incident is a perfect example, as it’s not a pen whatsoever, as yeah a foul should’ve been given beforehand for the shirt pull, but that was outside the box, so wouldn’t be a pen. But that former spurs player just sums up what reds have to deal with, as it’s a little nudge and was never a pen, and I’m sure if he’d given it would’ve also gotten stick for that.

Although I’ve just seen that incident your on about, and that pen should never have been given as it is no different to the ones we had against Man U/Leicester, and they weren’t given (which in all fairness they got right) but then why they’ve given this one I just done get, even as a ref. But that’s the issue with the LOTG, VAR as they can’t just ever be consistent

Congrats on keeping it brief this time

keep the faith coyr

Southampton At Wolves Matchday Thread on 17:25 - Sep 4 with 528 viewsMrangry25

Southampton At Wolves Matchday Thread on 09:13 - Sep 4 by ElijahK

I do think he went a bit ott there, as there’s been many worse decisions that that. As at least that one made sense as to why they disallowed it, and wasn’t one of the baffling ones where you don’t even get or understand of how it’s been overruled.

Always makes me laugh when you get these so called pundits in there spouting their usual bias, Danny Murphy suggesting they get former professionals to man it, well step up Shearer and Murphy but the salaries will not be the same as they receive now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024