Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welsh Indy and the EU 20:05 - Sep 11 with 4875 viewsCatullus

Now these arguments have been done to death on here but it seems that a journalist, Will Hayward, has been looking into it and his findings are,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/you-supporting-welsh-independence-be

He thinks if we went indy it could take 25 years to get back into the EU. Hmmmm, that on top of him thinking that even if we voted for indy soon (in 5 years say) it could take 5 years to extricate ourselves from the UK.

Not happening in my lifetime then.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Welsh Indy and the EU on 20:18 - Sep 11 with 2893 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Makes you wonder why they want independence from a democratic UK only to surrender it to the undemocratic EU.
Especially as Wales voted to leave the EU.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Welsh Indy and the EU on 20:19 - Sep 11 with 2889 views73__73

It’ll never happen

🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Welsh Indy and the EU on 21:02 - Sep 11 with 2848 viewsBoundy

Welsh Indy and the EU on 20:18 - Sep 11 by felixstowe_jack

Makes you wonder why they want independence from a democratic UK only to surrender it to the undemocratic EU.

Maybe because they believe the EU would divi out the money around fairly unlike the current situation which relies on Cardiff to do the right thing

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Welsh Indy and the EU on 21:10 - Sep 11 with 2833 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh Indy and the EU on 21:02 - Sep 11 by Boundy

Maybe because they believe the EU would divi out the money around fairly unlike the current situation which relies on Cardiff to do the right thing

Its more about the Tory little Englanders in Westminster not giving a toss about Cymru.

The EU treats Ireland far better.

Beware of the Risen People

Welsh Indy and the EU on 21:57 - Sep 11 with 2805 viewsCatullus

Welsh Indy and the EU on 21:10 - Sep 11 by Kilkennyjack

Its more about the Tory little Englanders in Westminster not giving a toss about Cymru.

Well as Hayward says, the EU has changed a lot and in another 25 years it will have changed a lot more. I guess at some point in the future people will have a decision to make.

Interesting that Hayward, who I believe is pro indy and pro EU talks about the EUs demoratic deficit too, pointing out that claims of our under representation in Westminster (specially after reducing our MP's) seem a bit shallow when in the EU we may have just 5 MEP's.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Welsh Indy and the EU on 22:06 - Sep 11 with 2801 viewsbritferry

then again, Cardiff didnt want the Welsh Assembly, yet they do very well out of it at the expense of those areas who did want it.

As for Welsh Indy, will never happen

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Welsh Indy and the EU on 22:20 - Sep 11 with 2771 viewspencoedjack

Tbh they are just thick as shite.
Welsh Indy and the EU on 06:38 - Sep 12 with 2681 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Welsh Indy and the EU on 21:10 - Sep 11 by Kilkennyjack

As you well know the UK taxpayers give Wales more per head of the population than the UK average and have continued to support Wales throughout the covoid pandemic as well as huge handouts to every during the current energy crisis. Your anti Tory bigotry claiming that Westminster dies not give a toss about Wales is yet another of your lies.

Login to get fewer ads

Welsh Indy and the EU on 06:46 - Sep 12 with 2680 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Welsh Indy and the EU on 21:57 - Sep 11 by Catullus

Well as Hayward says, the EU has changed a lot and in another 25 years it will have changed a lot more. I guess at some point in the future people will have a decision to make.

Interesting that Hayward, who I believe is pro indy and pro EU talks about the EUs demoratic deficit too, pointing out that claims of our under representation in Westminster (specially after reducing our MP's) seem a bit shallow when in the EU we may have just 5 MEP's.

Wales is not under represented in Westminster though is it? That is just a incorrect and a lie. Wales and Scotland both have more MPs per head of the population than the UK average.
Both Wales and Scotland have devolution and control a lot of their own affairs. England does not have devolution and both Welsh and Scottish MPs can vote on England only issues.

The new proposal reflect this but even then every constituenciy will have roughly the same number of voters. Wales, Scotland and England will have equal number of MPs per head of the population.

Welsh Indy and the EU on 07:24 - Sep 12 with 2652 viewsBryanSwan

Welsh Indy and the EU on 06:46 - Sep 12 by felixstowe_jack

Wales is not under represented in Westminster though is it? That is just a incorrect and a lie. Wales and Scotland both have more MPs per head of the population than the UK average.
Both Wales and Scotland have devolution and control a lot of their own affairs. England does not have devolution and both Welsh and Scottish MPs can vote on England only issues.

The new proposal reflect this but even then every constituenciy will have roughly the same number of voters. Wales, Scotland and England will have equal number of MPs per head of the population.

I suppose that really depends on your view, per capita we have higher representation. Wales returns around 6% of total MPs currently, soon to be reduced to just under 5%.
How can we be over represented when our voice csnnot even be heard?

England will hold 83% or so of the next set of MPs, so in effect England decides the future of the UK.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Welsh Indy and the EU on 07:37 - Sep 12 with 2644 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Welsh Indy and the EU on 07:24 - Sep 12 by BryanSwan

I suppose that really depends on your view, per capita we have higher representation. Wales returns around 6% of total MPs currently, soon to be reduced to just under 5%.

England will hold 83% or so of the next set of MPs, so in effect England decides the future of the UK.

Except of course Scotland and Wales have devolution so can decide on many matters without interference from Westminster even if the UK taxpayers provide the money.

Perhaps the Senedd and the Scottish Parliament should start by improving the areas they control.

I am sure the people of Wales, me included, would like investment in infrastructure especially the nightmare that is the M4 around Newport. Time the Senedd reversed its decision not to build any new roads.

Welsh Indy and the EU on 07:46 - Sep 12 with 2628 viewstrampie

Welsh Indy and the EU on 07:37 - Sep 12 by felixstowe_jack

Except of course Scotland and Wales have devolution so can decide on many matters without interference from Westminster even if the UK taxpayers provide the money.

Perhaps the Senedd and the Scottish Parliament should start by improving the areas they control.

I am sure the people of Wales, me included, would like investment in infrastructure especially the nightmare that is the M4 around Newport. Time the Senedd reversed its decision not to build any new roads.

They are spending money in and around Cardiff all the time, why spend more in that area some people would say, perhaps people should look at the bigger picture.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Welsh Indy and the EU on 07:56 - Sep 12 with 2629 viewsBryanSwan

Welsh Indy and the EU on 07:37 - Sep 12 by felixstowe_jack

I'm not going to get to into this as i know this has been done to death, dont want to bore yourself or anyone else on here.

The senedd does mismanage the money it receives, but also the money provided is not done so on need. It therefore falls short in a number of areas. (This is the same for UK/English services under UK government control where the funding level is not adequate).

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Welsh Indy and the EU on 08:02 - Sep 12 with 2627 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Welsh Indy and the EU on 08:10 - Sep 12 with 2610 viewstrampie

Welsh Indy and the EU on 08:02 - Sep 12 by felixstowe_jack

Why spend money in Cardiff ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Welsh Indy and the EU on 08:34 - Sep 12 with 2588 viewsBoundy

Welsh Indy and the EU on 07:46 - Sep 12 by trampie

They are spending money in and around Cardiff all the time, why spend more in that area some people would say, perhaps people should look at the bigger picture.

What is the bigger picture ,I can't see anything which has improved the lives outside the SE bubble, even the much vaunted Metro system is designed to take people away from their local ares to work in cardiff and by doing so weakening the local economies , so what is the bigger picture

Welsh Indy and the EU on 08:39 - Sep 12 with 2583 viewsonehunglow

Welsh Indy and the EU on 08:34 - Sep 12 by Boundy

What is the bigger picture ,I can't see anything which has improved the lives outside the SE bubble, even the much vaunted Metro system is designed to take people away from their local ares to work in cardiff and by doing so weakening the local economies , so what is the bigger picture

Its why Independence would be a nightmare as places like Bangor ,Caernarfon ,Anglesey and Llyn would get even less of the cake.
Cardiff just swallows it whole.

Culturally,more justification for Gwynedd going Indy

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Welsh Indy and the EU on 08:43 - Sep 12 with 2575 viewstrampie

Felix is very vocal on the subject and it seems like he wants to spend even more money in the Cardiff area.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2022 9:05]

Welsh Indy and the EU on 09:01 - Sep 12 with 2573 viewsDr_Winston

Anyone outside the CF postcode area who desires or votes for more power to go into the hands of the Senedd is insane.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Welsh Indy and the EU on 14:30 - Sep 12 with 2510 viewsBoundy

Welsh Indy and the EU on 08:43 - Sep 12 by trampie

Felix is very vocal on the subject and it seems like he wants to spend even more money in the Cardiff area.

he's entitled to his opinions and views but he doesn't speak for me and I suspect a few others

Welsh Indy and the EU on 14:59 - Sep 12 with 2488 viewspencoedjack

Welsh Indy and the EU on 09:01 - Sep 12 by Dr_Winston

Anyone outside the CF postcode area who desires or votes for more power to go into the hands of the Senedd is insane.

I think the majority of people in Bridgend would disagree with you.
Welsh Indy and the EU on 17:31 - Sep 12 with 2451 viewsCatullus

I see your mistake, though technically they are Welsh or English MP's really speaking they are UK MP's. It's the parochial outlook that twists the story.

All Mp's are supposed to vote for what is best for their constituents so taking it down to your level, they all vote against each other in some respects.
The big difference is that in the North of England where places have suffered as much as Wales they have no devolution, no control of their own area. Mind you if they did it could be worse, as it has turned out here in Wales.

Maybe look at it from that perspective though, it's not Wlaes being ruled over by England but the UK's MP's deciding for the UK.

Welsh Indy and the EU on 17:35 - Sep 12 with 2436 viewstrampie

Welsh Indy and the EU on 17:31 - Sep 12 by Catullus

I see your mistake, though technically they are Welsh or English MP's really speaking they are UK MP's. It's the parochial outlook that twists the story.

All Mp's are supposed to vote for what is best for their constituents so taking it down to your level, they all vote against each other in some respects.
The big difference is that in the North of England where places have suffered as much as Wales they have no devolution, no control of their own area. Mind you if they did it could be worse, as it has turned out here in Wales.

Maybe look at it from that perspective though, it's not Wlaes being ruled over by England but the UK's MP's deciding for the UK.

If there was no devolution we would be worse off, have you thought of that.

Welsh Indy and the EU on 19:15 - Sep 12 with 2422 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Welsh Indy and the EU on 08:43 - Sep 12 by trampie

Not sure where you got that idea from. The Senedd already spends a disproportionate of the Welsh budget in the Cardiff area. As a Swansea lad more money needs to spent on infrastructure throughout the whole of Wales. Clearly the disastrous decision of Drakeford to cancel the M4 relief road will deter lots of investment west of Cardiff. Drakeford's decision to cancel all road projects in Wales is going to harm the Welsh economy.

Welsh Indy and the EU on 19:23 - Sep 12 with 2411 viewstrampie

Welsh Indy and the EU on 19:15 - Sep 12 by felixstowe_jack

Not sure where you got that idea from. The Senedd already spends a disproportionate of the Welsh budget in the Cardiff area. As a Swansea lad more money needs to spent on infrastructure throughout the whole of Wales. Clearly the disastrous decision of Drakeford to cancel the M4 relief road will deter lots of investment west of Cardiff. Drakeford's decision to cancel all road projects in Wales is going to harm the Welsh economy.

The location of the proposed by pass routes are by Cardiff, therefore more money spent on Cardiff and it's environs.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024