Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread - Leyton Orient (h) 11:44 - Sep 12 with 18573 viewsChaffRAFC

The EFL have confirmed tomorrow nights games will go ahead following the utterly nonsensical decision to make football in this country stop at the weekend:

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Match Thread - Leyton Orient (h) on 21:43 - Sep 13 with 3495 viewsFrog

FFS
Match Thread - Leyton Orient (h) on 21:43 - Sep 13 with 3492 viewsNigeriamark

Match Thread - Leyton Orient (h) on 21:26 - Sep 13 by Nigeriamark

They haven't been as good this half & almost look as if they are seeing it out for a 1-0. Still quick & dangerous on the break but while there is only a goal in it there's always a chance

FFS. Penalty Dale in the 94th Minute & the keeper saves it. Weak penalty by Quigley but keeper still had to save it

Finishes 1-0. Better in the second half and should have been a point
Match Thread - Leyton Orient (h) on 21:45 - Sep 13 with 3432 viewsDaleFan7

Match Thread - Leyton Orient (h) on 21:43 - Sep 13 by Nigeriamark

FFS. Penalty Dale in the 94th Minute & the keeper saves it. Weak penalty by Quigley but keeper still had to save it

Finishes 1-0. Better in the second half and should have been a point

Not sure we deserved a point.

Great play from Sinclair to win the penalty but Quigley might as well have just passed it to the keeper.

Other than the penalty we didn't come within 10 yards of a shot on target and O'Donnell kept us in the game.
Match Thread - Leyton Orient (h) on 21:46 - Sep 13 with 3367 viewsNigeriamark

Match Thread - Leyton Orient (h) on 21:45 - Sep 13 by DaleFan7

Not sure we deserved a point.

Great play from Sinclair to win the penalty but Quigley might as well have just passed it to the keeper.

Other than the penalty we didn't come within 10 yards of a shot on target and O'Donnell kept us in the game.

we didn't based on the 90 minutes, but we should have scored the penalty.
Match Thread - Leyton Orient (h) on 21:48 - Sep 13 with 3272 viewspioneer

all the other teams around us picked up points to make things worse.
Match Thread - Leyton Orient (h) on 21:55 - Sep 13 with 3144 viewsHullDale

Worried after tonight. For the first time we are more than 3 points away from 22nd.

We're relying a lot on EEL and John coming back to make a difference.

We are the team this season that has a good XI on paper, teams are surprised at how we can play at times, but look likely to go down. If the pitch was split into 6, we are literally anonymous in sections 2 and 4.
Match Thread - Leyton Orient (h) on 21:57 - Sep 13 with 3100 viewsRippDale

Match Thread - Leyton Orient (h) on 21:48 - Sep 13 by pioneer

all the other teams around us picked up points to make things worse.

It is early but it will be a tough ask to survive this season. EBJ has a lot of shifting to do in January as he has been left with too many non league standard players. I don't think we can play just 2 in midfield, totally over run in there tonight
Match Thread - Leyton Orient (h) on 22:05 - Sep 13 with 3012 viewsrichfoad32

I'm surprised that Malley and/or Brierley didn't at least get a few minutes on the pitch, a midfield of Ball and Diagaragou is very workmanlike and uninspiring. Sinclair and Campbell both did well in their cameos.

Didn't really deserve a point but to miss out in that manner could be a hammer blow to morale, Bentley will have his work cut out to keep their heads up.
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread - Leyton Orient (h) on 22:07 - Sep 13 with 2989 viewsDalenet

Match Thread - Leyton Orient (h) on 21:03 - Sep 13 by 442Dale

Good response!

The police were waiting for the culprit as the Sandy Laners filed out. He won't be attending games again. And we were attacking okay at the point the flare was thrown.
Match Thread - Leyton Orient (h) on 22:07 - Sep 13 with 2989 views442Dale

Match Thread - Leyton Orient (h) on 21:57 - Sep 13 by RippDale

It is early but it will be a tough ask to survive this season. EBJ has a lot of shifting to do in January as he has been left with too many non league standard players. I don't think we can play just 2 in midfield, totally over run in there tonight

Strange choice to start Henderson and Ball’s limitations show up the deeper he has to play. They kept going and could have got an undeserved point, that’s the positive. Hard to find many others.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread - Leyton Orient (h) on 22:07 - Sep 13 with 2990 viewspioneer

Winless in 8 league games.

It took us 8 games to win our first game in 2011-12 relegation season.

In 1946-7 season win were winless in the first 8 games then won 6-0 in game #9.

But we still have a way to go for the all time winless start to a season. In 1978-9 season ( the great escape), we didnt win our first game until game #14.
Match Thread - Leyton Orient (h) on 22:14 - Sep 13 with 2861 viewsJames1980

Perhaps a tad unfair but

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match Thread - Leyton Orient (h) on 22:25 - Sep 13 with 2721 viewsdingdangblue

The way we'd struggled all night I don't think many of us were confident with the penalty. Maybe O'Donnell should've taken it! It will take something to lift the players after that.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match Thread - Leyton Orient (h) on 22:30 - Sep 13 with 2654 viewsClivert

Yes we were playing the league leaders but that was a really poor 90mins, Orient didn't get out of second gear in the second half as they didn't need to.

I can't believe that EBJ didn't make any changes until so late on, the change to bring Sinclair on for Hendo and move Rodney central was the obvious thing to do at HT.

The penalty miss at the end just compounds the misery.
Match Thread - Leyton Orient (h) on 22:31 - Sep 13 with 2646 views49thseason

Orient are a very decent team, a point would have been a good result . Not sure it was a penalty but once it was given it should have been put away. Quigley was a big disappointment all night and was odds on to fluff his chance. It was telling no one else seemed to want it either. We have too many injuries and a couple of passengers who probably wouldnt be playing if the squad was fully fit. I bet Bentley has no idea what his best team is yet and I fear by January we will be too far adrift for a other player or two to make any difference
Match Thread - Leyton Orient (h) on 22:32 - Sep 13 with 2629 viewsdawlishdale

Very impressed with Orient until they started the blatant time wasting .Wonder if they could have won more comfortably had they tried to? The referee let them get away with loads of timewasting, whilst the female assistant referee missed a blatant case of the ball going out for a throw in in the first half, and three times she missed their long throw fullback stepping onto the pitch. Poor officiating.

Not impressed with us at all apart from a couple of 10 minute spells ; one in each half where we competed. Apart from that, we look a class or two below and there is so much work to do to get us competitive.

Orient simply had better players than us, and I couldn't believe it took Jim so long to make a sub in the second half. and even worse, to finish the game with the two most cumbersome central midfield players for a long time.

Sinclair did well when he finally came on, but too many players look devoid of confidence. Henderson offers little these days I'm afraid, whilst Odoh is great until he approaches the penalty area and then panic sets in.

Agree with ROD as man of the match...kept us in the game at times, whilst their keeper hardly had much to do at all, apart from a long shot from Ball, and a backpass penalty at the end.

Oh... the idiot who threw the flare on deserves a long rest from watching. What a pillock .
Match Thread - Leyton Orient (h) on 22:33 - Sep 13 with 2613 viewsD_Alien

I very much doubt there's been a better team in L2 than Orient for quite some time - they're better than we were when we went up on both the more recent occasions

That we might have snatched an undeserved point at the death is testament to some improvements under EBJ, but i was mystfied as to why Diagouraga was playing ahead of Ball in the midfield for long periods

I thought the latter two subs could've come on earlier too, but these are just minor quibbles when we should simply acknowledge how much better Orient were

I don't think our heads will be too down afterwards, but that's another game gone and rooted to the bottom. I remain pretty optimistic, especially with players to come back from injury. Also, O'Donnell is the best under-contract keeper we've had for some time. I'd have given him the penalty to take!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread - Leyton Orient (h) on 22:34 - Sep 13 with 2614 viewsJames1980

Match Thread - Leyton Orient (h) on 22:30 - Sep 13 by Clivert

Yes we were playing the league leaders but that was a really poor 90mins, Orient didn't get out of second gear in the second half as they didn't need to.

I can't believe that EBJ didn't make any changes until so late on, the change to bring Sinclair on for Hendo and move Rodney central was the obvious thing to do at HT.

The penalty miss at the end just compounds the misery.

Hill, BBM, Stockdale and now Bentley accused of making subs to late. Why is this happening consistently across managers?

Match Thread - Leyton Orient (h) on 22:50 - Sep 13 with 2422 viewsHullDale

If we have a full squad this weekend (apart from Charman) to choose from, I think I'd be going:

O'Donnell
Seriki Ebanks-Landell John Keohane
Diagourage Brierley
Odoh Sinclair
Rodney Quigley

Subs: Slicker, White, Nelson, Ball, Kelly, Malley, Campbell

Attack, batter, ruffle and tire them out for an hour, then look at Malley / Campbell / Ball (in a more forward role) on.

Pace, speed and aggression are needed and fast. The players simply can't hide behind a rookie manager now. They either need to step up, fight, and prove they are at least mid lg2 level (that is probably the form we will now need to stay up) or accept they aren't right for where we are and need to go.
Match Thread - Leyton Orient (h) on 22:52 - Sep 13 with 2413 viewsJames1980

Special mention for their 12th man the ref

Match Thread - Leyton Orient (h) on 23:10 - Sep 13 with 2261 viewsHullDale

Match Thread - Leyton Orient (h) on 22:52 - Sep 13 by James1980

I thought he was weak tonight, but can't be blamed for the defeat.

For 2 /2.5 mins of injury time, our keeper was in the Orient box. Apart from the corner he initially ran up for, in that time we managed a total of one other cross. The rest of the time, White / Graham were passing it between themselves. Why not just pump it in and cause problems or, at least, give Orient decisions to make?

We also kept EVERYBODY back for their corners again... for our attacking corners, we keep 4/11 back. For our defending corners, we keep 0/11 forward.

We have to get our own house in order before we can start throwing stones.
Match Thread - Leyton Orient (h) on 23:11 - Sep 13 with 2249 viewsNorthernDale

I would say Orient was the best team, we would likely to meet this season in the league, they had pace, the skill to out play us and got forward quickly, we could not cope with then for most of the game with them. I would agree with other posters are midfield is weak and having just two tonight was shocking, we were overrun. The few positives was O'Donnell, who was brilliant tonight and at least we made a fight of towards the end, and could have sneaked an unfair draw. The penalty miss was a shocker and weak, and the best you say of Quigley's effort.

I am getting worried at our position and the growing gap between us and the others, I cannot see were our first league win will come from.
Match Thread - Leyton Orient (h) on 23:13 - Sep 13 with 2228 viewsDaleiLama

We didn't deserve a point but it really feels like we dropped one there, when we don't have the luxury of being so profligate. I was in favour of the Hendo sub but he was missed in added time. Think EBJ needs to male some changes for Saturday. That team looked short of ideas for long spells. The passage of play where Ball and Graham were passing it between themselves should be left on a loop for 5 minutes during film study. EBJ needs to point out how unacceptable that mindset is.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Thread - Leyton Orient (h) on 23:26 - Sep 13 with 2137 viewsDalenet

Match Thread - Leyton Orient (h) on 22:52 - Sep 13 by James1980

He was consitent for both sides James. You were only going to get a foul if you committed full bloodied murder in the first half, he then seemed to like playing cards for the rest of the game. He kept saying he was adding time on for time wasting but then we only got 5 minutes. I don't think the ball was in play for 30 minutes in that second half.

Anyway do you think we'd score if we played another 5 minutes. I didn't. Only two shots on target all night and Orient were in full control. Midfield is our issue right now.
Match Thread - Leyton Orient (h) on 23:52 - Sep 13 with 1992 viewsShun

Match Thread - Leyton Orient (h) on 23:11 - Sep 13 by NorthernDale

I would say Orient was the best team, we would likely to meet this season in the league, they had pace, the skill to out play us and got forward quickly, we could not cope with then for most of the game with them. I would agree with other posters are midfield is weak and having just two tonight was shocking, we were overrun. The few positives was O'Donnell, who was brilliant tonight and at least we made a fight of towards the end, and could have sneaked an unfair draw. The penalty miss was a shocker and weak, and the best you say of Quigley's effort.

I am getting worried at our position and the growing gap between us and the others, I cannot see were our first league win will come from.

I can’t either, with high-flying Northampton and Doncaster coming up in the next three games.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024