Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Religious freedom 09:35 - Sep 23 with 3896 viewsCatullus

Now for my money, you can't give people religious freedom and then moan when they exercise their right. Personally I disagree with this but it's what this particular version of Christianity preaches so they have to be allowed to practise it too, don't they?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63003282

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Religious freedom on 09:47 - Sep 23 with 2936 viewsBoundy

That's why I tend to retract from religion in all its forms. I never understood why some religions ( if not all ) take a moderate approach to a topic but then deny a basic right to others

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Religious freedom on 10:10 - Sep 23 with 2904 viewsonehunglow

All religions believe they are right and ALL others wrong

That is simply the root of all evil

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Religious freedom on 10:51 - Sep 23 with 2880 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Religious freedom on 09:47 - Sep 23 by Boundy

That's why I tend to retract from religion in all its forms. I never understood why some religions ( if not all ) take a moderate approach to a topic but then deny a basic right to others

That would be an ecumenical matter.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Religious freedom on 15:08 - Sep 23 with 2820 viewsTreforys_Jack

Religious freedom on 10:51 - Sep 23 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

That would be an ecumenical matter.

I see what you did there, feck it .......
Religious freedom on 17:03 - Sep 23 with 2801 viewsGwyn737

Religious freedom on 09:47 - Sep 23 by Boundy

That reminds me of one of my favourite jokes.

A Welshman is stranded on a desert island.

Years later he is rescued and his rescuers see that he had built two identical chapels out of wood answers bananas leaves.

Surprised at this they ask him why he’s built two identical chapels.

He points at the first and says “That's the one I go to” then points at the second and says “Thats the one I don’t”.

(I think it’s funny anyway) 🤣
Religious freedom on 17:13 - Sep 23 with 2776 viewstrampie

As I keep saying they are living in the dark ages in England, state religion, unelected lords, a Monarchy, strange nonsensical laws, it's just medieval how the English operate.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Religious freedom on 19:45 - Sep 23 with 2768 viewsCatullus

Religious freedom on 17:13 - Sep 23 by trampie

As I keep saying they are living in the dark ages in England, state religion, unelected lords, a Monarchy, strange nonsensical laws, it's just medieval how the English operate.

So you don't really want somene from t Welsh Royal house ruling Wales then?

Do yoy agree with the speed limit changes, the tourist tax, the closing down of developing infrastructure, giving kids the vote and the change in the voting rules?

There's plenty of Welsh in the HoL too.

Is there anything more medieval than the state forcing things on people wthout any democratic mandate?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Religious freedom on 20:02 - Sep 23 with 2742 viewstrampie

Religious freedom on 19:45 - Sep 23 by Catullus

So you don't really want somene from t Welsh Royal house ruling Wales then?

Do yoy agree with the speed limit changes, the tourist tax, the closing down of developing infrastructure, giving kids the vote and the change in the voting rules?

There's plenty of Welsh in the HoL too.

Is there anything more medieval than the state forcing things on people wthout any democratic mandate?

I'm a Republican, but if we don't have a Republic and have a Monarchy then I would prefer a bona fide Welsh/British one and not the Germanic/English we currently have.

Nothing wrong with 20 mph outside schools, care homes for the elderly, hospitals etc, nothing wrong with a tourist tax (lots of places across the World I've been to have it), be careful about spending on infrastructure in Swansea, Cardiff, Newport when others places might need it first, don't see a problem in 16 year olds having the vote.

Welsh Labour have a mandate in Wales (everybody has the opportunity to vote just like in Westminster elections).

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Login to get fewer ads

Religious freedom on 20:21 - Sep 23 with 2732 viewsonehunglow

Would Wales have an established church chapel . If so,which one .
Or would it be secular

Religious freedom on 20:25 - Sep 23 with 2737 views73__73

Religious freedom on 10:10 - Sep 23 by onehunglow

All religions believe they are right and ALL others wrong

That is simply the root of all evil

Atheists also believe they are right.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2022 21:05]

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Religious freedom on 21:00 - Sep 23 with 2721 viewsonehunglow

Religious freedom on 20:25 - Sep 23 by 73__73

Atheists also believe they are right.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2022 21:05]

Athletes don’t kill those who disagree though

Religious freedom on 21:04 - Sep 23 with 2728 views73__73

Religious freedom on 21:00 - Sep 23 by onehunglow

That’s got to be the most naive statement I’ve ever read on here.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Religious freedom on 21:12 - Sep 23 with 2712 viewsonehunglow

Religious freedom on 21:04 - Sep 23 by 73__73

That’s got to be the most naive statement I’ve ever read on here.

Really.
Wel,name me any athletic organisation that sanctions deaths on non adherents

Take your time

I ll,see thee in the morning

Religious freedom on 21:44 - Sep 23 with 2708 viewsCatullus

Religious freedom on 21:00 - Sep 23 by onehunglow

Oscar Pistorius?

I don't remember anybody being murdered in the name of atheism but plenty of murders are committed by people defending their religion, or so they have claimed. Obviously atheists do kill people, just not in the name of atheism.

Religious freedom on 22:15 - Sep 23 with 2686 viewsBoundy

Religious freedom on 21:44 - Sep 23 by Catullus

Oscar Pistorius?

I don't remember anybody being murdered in the name of atheism but plenty of murders are committed by people defending their religion, or so they have claimed. Obviously atheists do kill people, just not in the name of atheism.

Does OJ Simpson , probably not , he's supposed to be a devout Christian who apparently led a Baptist prayer group in prison, mentored inmates and coached sports teams.
Repent thy sinner

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Religious freedom on 08:37 - Sep 25 with 2631 viewsKilkennyjack

Religious freedom on 20:02 - Sep 23 by trampie

I'm a Republican, but if we don't have a Republic and have a Monarchy then I would prefer a bona fide Welsh/British one and not the Germanic/English we currently have.

Nothing wrong with 20 mph outside schools, care homes for the elderly, hospitals etc, nothing wrong with a tourist tax (lots of places across the World I've been to have it), be careful about spending on infrastructure in Swansea, Cardiff, Newport when others places might need it first, don't see a problem in 16 year olds having the vote.

Welsh Labour have a mandate in Wales (everybody has the opportunity to vote just like in Westminster elections).

Well said.

I am not so sure why its difficult to understand ?

Beware of the Risen People

Religious freedom on 08:38 - Sep 25 with 2630 viewsKilkennyjack

Religious freedom on 17:03 - Sep 23 by Gwyn737

That reminds me of one of my favourite jokes.

A Welshman is stranded on a desert island.

Years later he is rescued and his rescuers see that he had built two identical chapels out of wood answers bananas leaves.

Surprised at this they ask him why he’s built two identical chapels.

He points at the first and says “That's the one I go to” then points at the second and says “Thats the one I don’t”.

(I think it’s funny anyway) 🤣

It made me 🤣.

If you know, you know.

Religious freedom on 10:32 - Sep 25 with 2578 viewsonehunglow

Religious freedom on 08:38 - Sep 25 by Kilkennyjack

It made me 🤣.

If you know, you know.

Chapels!
Now ,Ive just realised it 's the Sabbath Day .Still visceral memories of grey ,wet ,boring Sundays of chapel and family visits to all parts of Swansea.

Religious freedom on 15:02 - Sep 25 with 2532 viewsKilkennyjack

Religious freedom on 10:32 - Sep 25 by onehunglow

Chapels!
Now ,Ive just realised it 's the Sabbath Day .Still visceral memories of grey ,wet ,boring Sundays of chapel and family visits to all parts of Swansea.

Spot on OHL.

You should write a book as those times have mostly gone.
Once commonplace.

Religious freedom on 17:39 - Sep 25 with 2490 viewsonehunglow

Religious freedom on 15:02 - Sep 25 by Kilkennyjack

Spot on OHL.

You should write a book as those times have mostly gone.
Once commonplace.

I have seriously been asked several times to write a boot and ran through the technicalities with Keith.
I did make a start but find I don’t have the concentration . Frankly,much of my childhood was smothered with angst and I was a difficult young chap .

Chapels featureclarge and in all the wrong ways. If I had my way, I would have burned them all to the ground circa 1965. It was I accept my father s overpowering Evangelical zeal that turned me inside out with contempt for basically all religion

I have had a decent life on the whole and was saved by my present wife ,who was ,is and always will be deep in my soul .

Finally,my old fella born again or not had the worst vicious temper of any man I’ve known,not violent but cruel Mentally . His dad was another with a sharp temper and I inherited the worst from them.

Btw,they spoke Welsh ,had Welsh bibles and hated Rome

Religious freedom on 19:45 - Sep 25 with 2464 viewsCatullus

Welsh labour have a mandatr to run the country yes, I;m not arguing that they won the eletin even if it was ony with 20% of the possible votes. What I'm saying is they are doing a lot of things it seems the vast majority disgreee with.

There ws an uproar against the 20mph though obviusly in certain places it just makes sense, votes for kids doesn't seem popular and I don't personally know anybody who isn't against their decision on the M4 relief road. The tourist tax, everything I've seen on the news says business is against it. The decision to expand the Senedd and to change the voting system should be put to referenda. It's for the people to decide such massive changes.

I'm basically a Republican too, I disagree with monarchy at the most basic level.

Religious freedom on 20:42 - Sep 25 with 2454 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Why not give the votes to 9 year olds or even younger.

I think voting should be restricted to adults who have life experience, pay tax so they can make an informed vote.

Why do we have 50 mph speed limits on motorways, dual carriageways even on brand new roads like the A465 which is lower than the speed limit on the single carriageway it replaced. Why build new roads that are slower than the old roads they replace?

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Religious freedom on 22:04 - Sep 25 with 2418 viewsCatullus

Religious freedom on 20:42 - Sep 25 by felixstowe_jack

Why not give the votes to 9 year olds or even younger.

I think voting should be restricted to adults who have life experience, pay tax so they can make an informed vote.

Why do we have 50 mph speed limits on motorways, dual carriageways even on brand new roads like the A465 which is lower than the speed limit on the single carriageway it replaced. Why build new roads that are slower than the old roads they replace?

We don't allow under 18's to drink alcohol yet we allow them to vote? There's a very good reason for it, your average 16 year old isn't responsible enough to be given such a massive choice.
Personally I think there's a valid argument for icreasing the voting age to 21. At 18 I was very anti tory and very pro independence but I know now that back then I knew absolutely nothing, I voted but in sheer ignorance of pretty much all of it. I know a lot more now but there's still a lot I don't know.

Religious freedom on 17:26 - Sep 26 with 2351 viewsFlashberryjack

Religious freedom on 22:04 - Sep 25 by Catullus

We don't allow under 18's to drink alcohol yet we allow them to vote? There's a very good reason for it, your average 16 year old isn't responsible enough to be given such a massive choice.
Personally I think there's a valid argument for icreasing the voting age to 21. At 18 I was very anti tory and very pro independence but I know now that back then I knew absolutely nothing, I voted but in sheer ignorance of pretty much all of it. I know a lot more now but there's still a lot I don't know.

And that is the exact reason Drakeford changed the voting age.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Religious freedom on 22:06 - Sep 26 with 2308 viewsLuther27

Perhaps this may explain. The African Church is far more conservative in their views of Christianity than the West.
The Bible defines marriage in Genesis 2:24 as a union between one man and one woman
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024