Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dale vs Stags 20:09 - Nov 10 with 11323 viewsD_Dale

Haven't noticed much comment on Dale's next opponents. Mansfield's midweek defeat - https://www.skysports.com/football/mansfield-town-vs-bradford-city/468467 - means only one point gained from their last four league matches. But Nigel Clough knows how to bounce back (often, it seems, versus Dale).
Dale vs Stags on 17:31 - Nov 12 with 2606 viewsBarrowdale

Mansfield were a good side but this only served to demonstrate how poor we are.
We are just a very poor side. Why reactive subs rather than pro active when we were
getting battered is beyond me. It was obvious they were going to score. That is the bit of EBJ that worries me.
Our only hope is to be in the mix til Jan and clear out whoever we can and start again.
Dale vs Stags on 17:41 - Nov 12 with 2528 viewsD_Alien

We've asked for Brierley to start, but against a typically tough, hardworking outfit like Mansfield he wasn't in the game until forced to drop deeper and deeper in the second half when his killer ball is more likely to happen further upfield

Plenty of poor performances today, Ball included, but the lack of quality will continue until EBJ has the chance to shapeshift. Not much more to be said really

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Dale vs Stags on 17:46 - Nov 12 with 2465 viewskel

Brierley was constantly showing for the ball in the first ten minutes or so but was bogged down after that in a scrappy match. Salford were a lot better than Mansfield imo which gave him the opportunity to get on the ball more when he came on in that game. I’ll keep my thoughts to myself over Tulloch though as I may get a ban for them.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2022 17:47]
Dale vs Stags on 17:47 - Nov 12 with 2453 viewsfourfourtwo

Dale vs Stags on 17:31 - Nov 12 by Barrowdale

We are just a very poor side. Why reactive subs rather than pro active when we were
getting battered is beyond me. It was obvious they were going to score. That is the bit of EBJ that worries me.
Our only hope is to be in the mix til Jan and clear out whoever we can and start again.

There’s no point over reacting to wins or losses as it stands. I think it’s fair to say this is probably the worst side we’ve had since the mid 90’s & there’s only one man to blame for that.

What proactive subs would you have liked us to make? Because from where I was sat we had absolutely nothing on the bench which was better than what was on the pitch.

Very poor day at the office today. No quality whatsoever. Draw a line under it and look to bounce back.

So long as we’re in the mix come January, Bentley has done his job for me.
Dale vs Stags on 17:54 - Nov 12 with 2395 viewstony_roch975

Yes, we've got one of the poorest squads in decades (I doubt Jan will bring much change) but I thought we battled well today and nearly held a good Mansfield side who created several chances and didn't give us any time on the ball - thus Brierley's lack of impact as DA noted. I don't think it's fair to single out any player for criticism; we misplaced passes, but so did Mansfield (it's league 2), they were just stronger overall. I agree we missed Odoh's threat running at defenders and clearly Quigley's absence is crucial but this season is all about survival and we're still 3 points above the relegation spots.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Dale vs Stags on 17:58 - Nov 12 with 2367 viewsTVOS1907

Dale vs Stags on 17:31 - Nov 12 by Barrowdale

Who did we have on the bench that would have made a difference earlier in the game?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Dale vs Stags on 18:05 - Nov 12 with 2294 viewskel

Dale vs Stags on 17:58 - Nov 12 by TVOS1907

Who did we have on the bench that would have made a difference earlier in the game?

Probably one of those strikers he suggested should start today instead of Henderson.

Oh.
Dale vs Stags on 18:51 - Nov 12 with 2121 viewsBarrowdale

We could have taken Sinclair off and replaced him with a bucket and we wouldnt have been any worse!
Login to get fewer ads

Dale vs Stags on 18:56 - Nov 12 with 2087 viewsJames1980

Dale vs Stags on 18:51 - Nov 12 by Barrowdale

We could have taken Sinclair off and replaced him with a bucket and we wouldnt have been any worse!

Bucket might have had a lucky deflection

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Dale vs Stags on 19:10 - Nov 12 with 2045 viewsClivert

Dale vs Stags on 17:58 - Nov 12 by TVOS1907

Bringing Tulloch and Seriki on together just after going 0-1 down has to be the most uninspiring double subtitution in the history of the club but what else was Bentley left with?

That was so bad today. We really need to scrap for every point that we can get before January and then hopefully Bentley can bring a bit of quality in, the worrying thing is that we didn't scrap for anything today.
Dale vs Stags on 19:47 - Nov 12 with 1890 viewsSandyman

Stockdale squad played in a Stockdale-esque way, with a Stockdale-esque result, except the defence was better.

Not good to watch at all. For once, have to disagree with EBJ's post-match interview. Didn't think our lads gave it a "right good go" at all. Too static and slow, hampered by players' basic errors and thought processes (like not going forward but sideways and backwards when we really needed to chase the game). EBJ's Dale is usually better than that.

Maybe BFCSS Bury Community United Football Club Radcliffe Vets Over 35's or whatever they call themselves at giggle lame these days might want Ball on loan.
Dale vs Stags on 20:25 - Nov 12 with 1753 viewsNorthernDale

To be fair, Mansfield were far better then us, especially in the second half and deserved the win. Bentley is right in comparing the benches, they had people like O'Toole, Bowery and Maris, whereas we had in the main, inexperience youngsters (excluding McNulty) and this highlights the now accepted poor recruiting policy of our previous manager. The Mansfield bench would potentially walk into our team.

We should hopefully have Quigley, Odoh, Kelly and possibly Campbell available either for Sutton or the Harrogate games, we accept besides Quigley, these players may not be world beaters, but gives Jim some options. What as happened to Taylor?
Dale vs Stags on 20:25 - Nov 12 with 1753 viewsfourfourtwo

Dale vs Stags on 18:51 - Nov 12 by Barrowdale

Sinclair was possibly the best player in the second half.
Dale vs Stags on 20:28 - Nov 12 with 1733 viewsmikehunt

We were awful today. We couldn’t even have tried to win a penalty as we were never near their box.
I, too, think this one of the worst squads I can remember: no chemistry, no belief, no skill, no flair, no communication, no smiles. Every match is a slog.

EBJ Thank you for trying to knit this shower together but you might as well knit with water.
I hope we can afford a clear out in Jan.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Dale vs Stags on 21:08 - Nov 12 with 1612 viewsShun

There’s rightfully not a lot of positivity on here tonight, but I am pleased about how composed the defence is looking since Bentley’s arrival. In the space of a week we’ve limited two playoff-bound sides to one goal and, apart from a moment of box-pinballery in the second half today, O’Donnell really hasn’t had much to do in either game.
Dale vs Stags on 21:15 - Nov 12 with 1589 viewsTVOS1907

Dale vs Stags on 20:25 - Nov 12 by NorthernDale

To be fair, Mansfield were far better then us, especially in the second half and deserved the win. Bentley is right in comparing the benches, they had people like O'Toole, Bowery and Maris, whereas we had in the main, inexperience youngsters (excluding McNulty) and this highlights the now accepted poor recruiting policy of our previous manager. The Mansfield bench would potentially walk into our team.

We should hopefully have Quigley, Odoh, Kelly and possibly Campbell available either for Sutton or the Harrogate games, we accept besides Quigley, these players may not be world beaters, but gives Jim some options. What as happened to Taylor?

Odoh (w)as suspended today so will be available next Saturday.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Dale vs Stags on 21:16 - Nov 12 with 1583 views49thseason

Dale vs Stags on 20:28 - Nov 12 by mikehunt

We were awful today. We couldn’t even have tried to win a penalty as we were never near their box.
I, too, think this one of the worst squads I can remember: no chemistry, no belief, no skill, no flair, no communication, no smiles. Every match is a slog.

EBJ Thank you for trying to knit this shower together but you might as well knit with water.
I hope we can afford a clear out in Jan.

I'm not holding my breath for January, I think we will replace Charman's fee for a contract for Quigley, I think we will release Malley to free up a wage, I think EBJ will try to send 2 or 3 of the loanees back and see if he can either bring in a couple of free transfers or other (better) loanees. I have also noted that none of the current loanees have started either of the last 2 games which makes me wonder if EBJ isnt keen on loan deals at all and would rather blood our own kids.
We will just have to grind this season out and hope there are 2 teams worse than us and live to fight another day. To be fair, the defence now looks reasonable, but we are dire in front of goal a contract for Quigley and another couple of forwards might be the extent of what we can do. We have to score more goals.
Dale vs Stags on 21:29 - Nov 12 with 1548 viewsJames1980

Dale vs Stags on 21:16 - Nov 12 by 49thseason

I'm not holding my breath for January, I think we will replace Charman's fee for a contract for Quigley, I think we will release Malley to free up a wage, I think EBJ will try to send 2 or 3 of the loanees back and see if he can either bring in a couple of free transfers or other (better) loanees. I have also noted that none of the current loanees have started either of the last 2 games which makes me wonder if EBJ isnt keen on loan deals at all and would rather blood our own kids.
We will just have to grind this season out and hope there are 2 teams worse than us and live to fight another day. To be fair, the defence now looks reasonable, but we are dire in front of goal a contract for Quigley and another couple of forwards might be the extent of what we can do. We have to score more goals.

So up front in the past which type of player has Hendo thrived playing with? If the evergreen forward is staying surely we need to bring in a player to compliment him.

Dale vs Stags on 21:34 - Nov 12 with 1536 viewsD_Alien

Dale vs Stags on 21:29 - Nov 12 by James1980

So up front in the past which type of player has Hendo thrived playing with? If the evergreen forward is staying surely we need to bring in a player to compliment him.

He got plenty of compliments on Tuesday, James

[Post edited 12 Nov 2022 21:34]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Dale vs Stags on 21:37 - Nov 12 with 1520 views49thseason

Dale vs Stags on 21:29 - Nov 12 by James1980

Hendo is a "fox in the box" player If you watch his 130 goals video most of them are from less than 6 yards from goal often capitalising of goalkeeping errors and he has the knack of just being in the right place to finish when the ball is bouncing about,
so the first thing required is to get the ball into the box and cause some mayhem. Add a "big lad" alongside to get the attention of the centre halves and you create the conditions he needs.
Dale vs Stags on 21:40 - Nov 12 with 1513 viewsJames1980

Dale vs Stags on 21:34 - Nov 12 by D_Alien

He got plenty of compliments on Tuesday, James

[Post edited 12 Nov 2022 21:34]

I'm three sheets to the wind I think I meant complement

Dale vs Stags on 21:43 - Nov 12 with 1505 viewsJames1980

Dale vs Stags on 21:37 - Nov 12 by 49thseason

Hendo is a "fox in the box" player If you watch his 130 goals video most of them are from less than 6 yards from goal often capitalising of goalkeeping errors and he has the knack of just being in the right place to finish when the ball is bouncing about,
so the first thing required is to get the ball into the box and cause some mayhem. Add a "big lad" alongside to get the attention of the centre halves and you create the conditions he needs.

I wonder if when he is back from injury Blackpool would let Beesley come to us for a couple of months. He would be the perfect foil for Hendo surely. (I know that would not happen)

Dale vs Stags on 21:45 - Nov 12 with 1494 views442Dale

Dale vs Stags on 21:37 - Nov 12 by 49thseason

But what formation do we play to fit both Henderson and Quigley into the team now we are playing four at the back?

4-4-2 will see us overrun in midfield with the options we have in the centre of the park so it’d mean Henderson in one of the wider forward roles with more responsibilities defensively.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Dale vs Stags on 21:50 - Nov 12 with 1463 viewsJames1980

Dale vs Stags on 21:45 - Nov 12 by 442Dale

But what formation do we play to fit both Henderson and Quigley into the team now we are playing four at the back?

4-4-2 will see us overrun in midfield with the options we have in the centre of the park so it’d mean Henderson in one of the wider forward roles with more responsibilities defensively.

4 3 3 with Hendo as a sub in a change of formation perhaps

Dale vs Stags on 21:53 - Nov 12 with 1452 views442Dale

Dale vs Stags on 21:50 - Nov 12 by James1980

4 3 3 with Hendo as a sub in a change of formation perhaps

Those were my thoughts too. Henderson can’t be expected to play 90 mins every week.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024