Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Songs that make you all flipping melancholy 22:37 - Nov 24 with 13823 viewsqprxtc

There’s a musicologist out there somewhere that will name the chords and reasons why this makes me yearn for a hanky.

Gordon Bennett, emotions are strong in this one.

As they are in this bastard

F uck a duck. Melon Collie. You bastard.
Songs that make you all flipping melancholy on 06:24 - Nov 26 with 2151 viewsDannyPaddox

Songs that make you all flipping melancholy on 09:26 - Nov 26 with 2090 viewsdmm

Songs that make you all flipping melancholy on 06:04 - Nov 26 by DannyPaddox

Jesus fcuking christmas stay alive David I never want to hear that shit again …

Too bad Danny. I have you down as my funeral DJ. That and the designer for the funeral service sheet obviously.
Songs that make you all flipping melancholy on 13:37 - Nov 26 with 2032 viewsDannyPaddox

Songs that make you all flipping melancholy on 09:26 - Nov 26 by dmm

Too bad Danny. I have you down as my funeral DJ. That and the designer for the funeral service sheet obviously.

Sorry mate my Metheny criticism was a tad harsh. I actually attempted to block myself last night but got this message …

In a word … whisky! (yes, no e)
Songs that make you all flipping melancholy on 21:41 - Nov 26 with 1995 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Songs that make you all flipping melancholy on 22:35 - Nov 26 with 1984 viewsTacticalR

Melancholy lyrics, upbeat sound

Melancholy sound, upbeat lyrics

Air hostess clique

Songs that make you all flipping melancholy on 22:56 - Nov 26 with 1967 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Every time I hear this I think of my late dad.

All the great times we had listening to it and the story he told of lying on the bonnet of a Buick having a smoke in Rhodesia/Zambia looking at the the stars while listening to this.

[Post edited 27 Nov 2022 0:49]

Songs that make you all flipping melancholy on 09:25 - Nov 27 with 1928 viewsPaddyhoops

Babe “That’ll do” by Peter Gabriel and Maloney on the uilleann pipes!
😢😢
Songs that make you all flipping melancholy on 09:44 - Nov 27 with 1903 viewsSK_hoops

Login to get fewer ads

Songs that make you all flipping melancholy on 02:16 - Dec 15 with 1811 viewsDannyPaddox

Songs that make you all flipping melancholy on 03:50 - Dec 15 with 1779 viewsDannyPaddox

Songs that make you all flipping melancholy on 07:00 - Nov 25 by dmm

This won't be to everyone's tastes but I've been a Pat Metheny fan for over 30 years. This piece reminds me of so much that's been and gone over that time.

I'll have it played at my funeral!

This be the distilled melancholy of the aforemasentioned
Songs that make you all flipping melancholy on 08:36 - Dec 15 with 1730 viewsnumptydumpty

Gary Jules version as opposed to Tears for Fears.

Was theme tune for the very dark film "Donnie Darko" which was excellent in the way it was done, if a little disturbing.

Wasn't going through the greatest times in my life then, and this film with this particular track a constant didn't exactly fill me with the joys of spring at the time !!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Songs that make you all flipping melancholy on 10:20 - Dec 15 with 1693 viewsTheChef

Two pages and no one had yet mentioned this??

The song by itself is melancholy enough, but add in the video... *sobs*

Think Johnny died not long after making the video.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Songs that make you all flipping melancholy on 10:33 - Dec 15 with 1687 viewsLanhoop

Blub every time...

Songs that make you all flipping melancholy on 10:39 - Dec 15 with 1680 viewsRs_Holy

Songs that make you all flipping melancholy on 06:04 - Nov 26 by DannyPaddox

Jesus fcuking christmas stay alive David I never want to hear that shit again …

you sound like my wife.... re Pat Metheny
Songs that make you all flipping melancholy on 10:43 - Dec 15 with 1673 viewsRs_Holy

[Post edited 28 Mar 2023 8:28]
Songs that make you all flipping melancholy on 12:13 - Dec 15 with 1648 viewsTacticalR

Hako Yamasaki - The Bell of Goodbye (1975)

The first post in the comments on the YouTube video has an English translation of the lyrics

Air hostess clique

Songs that make you all flipping melancholy on 12:20 - Dec 15 with 1637 viewstimeforheroes

Songs that make you all flipping melancholy on 23:57 - Dec 15 with 1585 viewsCateLeBonR

Songs that make you all flipping melancholy on 00:09 - Dec 16 with 1569 viewsMetallica_Hoop

My Favourite song.

It makes me wish I was back in the 90's. So many good memories.

[Post edited 16 Dec 2022 0:11]

Songs that make you all flipping melancholy on 00:29 - Dec 16 with 1564 viewsQPsyR

FKA AcidPixie

Songs that make you all flipping melancholy on 00:37 - Dec 16 with 1559 viewsMetallica_Hoop

There is only one of the 'few' left.

Songs that make you all flipping melancholy on 01:02 - Dec 16 with 1541 viewsQPsyR

Sorry but it's Lisa, what voice.

So sorry for a double post but this got me thinking

1989 when we thought we had it all before us QPR were good and there was future and hope
:-( but even then it hit you

But this one 1991 dunno evokes memories of a proper melancholy time

But this is the one always

FKA AcidPixie

Songs that make you all flipping melancholy on 03:33 - Dec 16 with 1522 viewswrinklyhoop

Songs that make you all flipping melancholy on 09:37 - Nov 25 by Esox_Lucius

The Living Years by Mike & The Mechanics. I just cannot listen to it.

Gave it another go. See what you mean. Same effect as Father & Son - Cat Stevens.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2022 3:36]
Songs that make you all flipping melancholy on 09:55 - Dec 16 with 1473 viewsrobith

I was the quintessential depressed teenager. Went on a school trip to Berlin when I was like 15 and was big into the White Album at the time.

We went to visit Sachsenhausen concentration camp, and it was...pretty overwhelming. You expect it to be sad, but there's this brutalist banality to the horror that leaves you feeling hollow. We got back on the coach, I popped my headphones on, and this came up first. I've always found it quite haunting and sad for that reason

Songs that make you all flipping melancholy on 10:13 - Dec 16 with 1447 viewstraininvain

Surprised this one hasn’t been mentioned yet.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024