Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
saiisu 14:23 - Nov 28 with 2215 viewssledger

see hes transfering all his defensive frailties with saints to ghana
SALISU on 14:41 - Nov 28 with 2188 viewsTimSaint

Salisu

Scored the opener for Ghana
Was at fault for the 1st Korean goal, allowing the striker to get in front of him
Korea's 2nd was not really his fault, but could have at least attempted to clear
He did clear one off the line as well, to protect their slender 3-2 lead

TimSaint

SALISU on 14:49 - Nov 28 with 2180 views1885_SFC

SALISU on 14:41 - Nov 28 by TimSaint

Salisu

Scored the opener for Ghana
Was at fault for the 1st Korean goal, allowing the striker to get in front of him
Korea's 2nd was not really his fault, but could have at least attempted to clear
He did clear one off the line as well, to protect their slender 3-2 lead

Salisu's biggest fault is that he lets the opposition player get in front of him from corners/crosses. I remember Ralph blasting him for that recently when we conceded a goal. You'd like to think that that part of his game will be coached properly now that we have a new management team.

Old School is Cool

SALISU on 15:43 - Nov 28 with 2109 viewsdirk_doone

SALISU on 14:49 - Nov 28 by 1885_SFC

Salisu's biggest fault is that he lets the opposition player get in front of him from corners/crosses. I remember Ralph blasting him for that recently when we conceded a goal. You'd like to think that that part of his game will be coached properly now that we have a new management team.

How have defenders coached by Nathan Jones and his coaching team performed in the World Cup? I just don't get the hype or see why an average lower league manager, who was a disaster at Stoke, will suddenly be transformed into a successful Premier League one.

These defenders were properly coached by him for years:

[Post edited 28 Nov 2022 15:48]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

saiisu on 17:12 - Nov 28 with 1973 viewskingslandstand1

Talking of which, well the referee who has also taken his Premiership credentials with him to the WC

Dear old Anthony Taylor gets the headlines by issuing a red card to the Korean coach as he blows the final whistle as they were about to take a corner when having full momentum and doing decent bit of catch up!

But I'm on his side this time (assuming he was correct with the 9 or 10 minutes time added on. I though the rules were that you only go beyond the allotted time for a penalty or other legit reason for delays within that period, not wait until a particular play, such as a corner has been taken to suit the attacking team?

Reminds me of Clive Thomas who denied Brazil a winning goal in the '78 World Cup as they just took the corner, he turned, blew the whistle and the ball went in the net either directly or with just one touch as it went in and did not allow the goal as time was up! Would never do that now

But I'll always love him for a certain FA Cup Final goal in 1976 that may well have been offside if VAR was about - surely not!
SALISU on 17:34 - Nov 28 with 1956 viewsgrumpy

SALISU on 15:43 - Nov 28 by dirk_doone

How have defenders coached by Nathan Jones and his coaching team performed in the World Cup? I just don't get the hype or see why an average lower league manager, who was a disaster at Stoke, will suddenly be transformed into a successful Premier League one.

We've gone cheap,Dirk and will pay for doing so.
saiisu on 18:33 - Nov 28 with 1887 viewsBerber

saiisu on 17:12 - Nov 28 by kingslandstand1

Talking of which, well the referee who has also taken his Premiership credentials with him to the WC

Dear old Anthony Taylor gets the headlines by issuing a red card to the Korean coach as he blows the final whistle as they were about to take a corner when having full momentum and doing decent bit of catch up!

But I'm on his side this time (assuming he was correct with the 9 or 10 minutes time added on. I though the rules were that you only go beyond the allotted time for a penalty or other legit reason for delays within that period, not wait until a particular play, such as a corner has been taken to suit the attacking team?

Reminds me of Clive Thomas who denied Brazil a winning goal in the '78 World Cup as they just took the corner, he turned, blew the whistle and the ball went in the net either directly or with just one touch as it went in and did not allow the goal as time was up! Would never do that now

But I'll always love him for a certain FA Cup Final goal in 1976 that may well have been offside if VAR was about - surely not!

He had played nearly 11 mins of the added 10, and it is not down to either team to decide when the game ends. The SKorean manager was an utter aerosol and should get a ban.
SALISU on 18:40 - Nov 28 with 1873 viewscocklebreath

SALISU on 15:43 - Nov 28 by dirk_doone

Dirk I see you have bee in your bonnet about Nathan Jones, I’ll give him a chance I think

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

SALISU on 19:57 - Nov 28 with 1789 viewsdirk_doone

SALISU on 18:40 - Nov 28 by cocklebreath

Dirk I see you have bee in your bonnet about Nathan Jones, I’ll give him a chance I think

So will I but I'm still allowed to express my opnion about the appointment on here. Some people think it's great, some don't. Let's hope he proves me totally wrong and turns out to be the most successful Saints manager of all time.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024