Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row 21:15 - Dec 1 with 15473 viewsFlashberryjack

Thoughts

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 16:21 - Dec 3 with 1442 viewsFlashberryjack

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 15:20 - Dec 3 by Wingstandwood

https://www.itv.com/thismorning/articles/poll-would-you-be-offended-if-someone-c

Apparently 12% do not like being called 'darling' according to the iTV poll.

All I can say is, 12% of people must have wonderful lives if they worry or feel offended by someone calling them darling, it's a term of endearment FFS.

Hello

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 16:30 - Dec 3 with 1421 viewsonehunglow

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 15:20 - Dec 3 by Wingstandwood

https://www.itv.com/thismorning/articles/poll-would-you-be-offended-if-someone-c

Apparently 12% do not like being called 'darling' according to the iTV poll.

How do quiz show hosts get on

“ And what is your name?

And where do you come here “

What is the difference

Mad mad mad times

Where am I from ?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 16:57 - Dec 3 with 1403 viewsWingstandwood

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 16:21 - Dec 3 by Flashberryjack

All I can say is, 12% of people must have wonderful lives if they worry or feel offended by someone calling them darling, it's a term of endearment FFS.

DO NOT I repeat DO NOT use the word "exotic" around the lady that was offended last night by former retired O.A.P royal protection officer "Dai Davies" by getting on the wrong side of her by using the word "colourful". She did not seem to like the word "exotic" either!

Bizree ain't it i.e. I can remember pop/rock manager (would now be an O.A.P if still alive!) Malcolm McLaren describing his star (Burmese) Annabella Lwin as 'exotic" in a very complementary way. Hence a reason why he signed her in the first place even before he had heard her playing with a band. She looked good and looked the part in the dry cleaners where she was talent spotted!

Mind your Ps and Qs or better still dont talk at all! FFS we are truly living in sick times!

Argus!

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 16:57 - Dec 3 with 1400 viewsFlashberryjack

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 16:30 - Dec 3 by onehunglow

How do quiz show hosts get on

“ And what is your name?

And where do you come here “

What is the difference

Mad mad mad times

Where am I from ?

Those are legitimate questions if you are a white contestant, but a minefield if the contestant is black.

Hello

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 17:33 - Dec 3 with 1376 viewsonehunglow

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 16:57 - Dec 3 by Flashberryjack

Those are legitimate questions if you are a white contestant, but a minefield if the contestant is black.

Hence my post.
Weird warped time ,matey

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 17:57 - Dec 3 with 1347 viewsGwyn737

Many of the comments on here defending Susan Hussey are being echoed practically word for word by Lawerence Fox on GeeBeebees.

Says a lot.
Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 18:00 - Dec 3 with 1345 viewsWingstandwood

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 17:57 - Dec 3 by Gwyn737

Many of the comments on here defending Susan Hussey are being echoed practically word for word by Lawerence Fox on GeeBeebees.

Says a lot.

Argus!

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 18:14 - Dec 3 with 1331 viewsBoundy

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 17:57 - Dec 3 by Gwyn737

Says a lot.

What it does say is that many posters have not been taken in by a fraud ,looking to cause division to suit her and her “charity’s)worthy causes , look it up you may have your eyes opened

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Login to get fewer ads

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 18:34 - Dec 3 with 1320 viewsonehunglow

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 18:14 - Dec 3 by Boundy

What it does say is that many posters have not been taken in by a fraud ,looking to cause division to suit her and her “charity’s)worthy causes , look it up you may have your eyes opened

Many supporting the vilification of this woman are the cultural warriors who wouldn’t have a family of colour living next door to them nor their kids go to a school where English is a minority language .
In other words ,nimbys and hypocrites .

The question should be why do our royalty need a lady in waiting andcwaitingbfircexactlybwhat.
It is ludicrous

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 18:38 - Dec 3 with 1311 viewsSirjohnalot

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 18:34 - Dec 3 by onehunglow

Many supporting the vilification of this woman are the cultural warriors who wouldn’t have a family of colour living next door to them nor their kids go to a school where English is a minority language .
In other words ,nimbys and hypocrites .

The question should be why do our royalty need a lady in waiting andcwaitingbfircexactlybwhat.
It is ludicrous

People who do as you suggest as racist, simple as that
Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 18:51 - Dec 3 with 1299 viewsScotia

The skin colour of anyone defending Lady Hussey is completely irrelevant. As is the background and charity of Ms Fulani.

The theme of this thread seems to be that a member of the British Upper class couldn't possibly be racist because of her background and the "victim" of that racism is obviously making it up because she is funded by BLM and portrays her African ancestry in what she choses to wear.

All that matters is what was said by Lady Hussey, which as far as anyone on here knows is the published and unchallenged transcript. That transcript or even the gist of the conversation it is from is racist.

I'm not woke or particularly left wing. I'd consider myself to be pretty much slap bang in the political centre.

What we seem to be seeing on here is apparent racism being defended by more racism, blatant bias and unconscious bias. Quite frankly this entire thread is disgusting.
Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 19:03 - Dec 3 with 1295 viewsWingstandwood

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 18:51 - Dec 3 by Scotia

The skin colour of anyone defending Lady Hussey is completely irrelevant. As is the background and charity of Ms Fulani.

The theme of this thread seems to be that a member of the British Upper class couldn't possibly be racist because of her background and the "victim" of that racism is obviously making it up because she is funded by BLM and portrays her African ancestry in what she choses to wear.

All that matters is what was said by Lady Hussey, which as far as anyone on here knows is the published and unchallenged transcript. That transcript or even the gist of the conversation it is from is racist.

I'm not woke or particularly left wing. I'd consider myself to be pretty much slap bang in the political centre.

What we seem to be seeing on here is apparent racism being defended by more racism, blatant bias and unconscious bias. Quite frankly this entire thread is disgusting.

Argus!

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 19:37 - Dec 3 with 1255 viewsSirjohnalot

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 18:51 - Dec 3 by Scotia

Quite agree.
Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 19:41 - Dec 3 with 1241 viewsWingstandwood

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 19:37 - Dec 3 by Sirjohnalot

Quite agree.

There is an accusation of racism on this site, you agree with it! I suggest you ban the racists! This site as a zero tolerance policy!

Argus!

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 19:47 - Dec 3 with 1219 viewsSirjohnalot

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 19:41 - Dec 3 by Wingstandwood

There is an accusation of racism on this site, you agree with it! I suggest you ban the racists! This site as a zero tolerance policy!

Thank you for your feedback.
Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 20:13 - Dec 3 with 1187 viewsonehunglow

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 18:38 - Dec 3 by Sirjohnalot

And that is the zeitgeist we live in.
Racism
It used to be class war that was fashionable
Now ,calling out racists and racism is what gets you noticed .

What we should be asking us why females ,certain females have a title Lady. This in itself is more offensive to me .it denigrates all women who do not have that title.
This seems to be overlooked

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 20:26 - Dec 3 with 1173 viewsSirjohnalot

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 20:13 - Dec 3 by onehunglow

And that is the zeitgeist we live in.
Racism
It used to be class war that was fashionable
Now ,calling out racists and racism is what gets you noticed .

What we should be asking us why females ,certain females have a title Lady. This in itself is more offensive to me .it denigrates all women who do not have that title.
This seems to be overlooked

Or you could argue it’s ‘decency’.

I loved Alf Garnett growing up, kind of recognised the racism, but to me, as a kid, he was a funny man, shouting. There are still people like that who say non white people will bring the property prices down. (Of course the show was meant to paint him as the villain, but worryingly people used to say ‘he talks a lot of sense’) Standing up to racism isn’t fashionable, it’s what everyone of us should be doing.

Class war isn’t so prominent now, as it may not be such an issue as it was. It’s obviously still there, knowing the right person, or parents or school, will open doors for you (virtually all our PMs have been privately educated, other than Truss and Brown I think ) but we’re more alive to it now.

Surely you don’t mean that some random posh woman being called a ‘lady’ is or offensive than someone using the N word ?
Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 20:35 - Dec 3 with 1168 viewsBoundy

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 18:38 - Dec 3 by Sirjohnalot

".Of course it’s just opinion with no justification as it’s just an opinion"

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 20:41 - Dec 3 with 1160 viewsSirjohnalot

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 20:35 - Dec 3 by Boundy

".Of course it’s just opinion with no justification as it’s just an opinion"

Ha. Touché, well played.
Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 21:52 - Dec 3 with 1106 viewsBoundy

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 20:41 - Dec 3 by Sirjohnalot

Ha. Touché, well played.

Not meant as point scoring exercise by myself but just pointing out we all have opinions , and if they vary from the next person that doesn't always make them a racist. fascist or any other title which is popular at the time

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 21:58 - Dec 3 with 1098 viewsSirjohnalot

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 21:52 - Dec 3 by Boundy

Not meant as point scoring exercise by myself but just pointing out we all have opinions , and if they vary from the next person that doesn't always make them a racist. fascist or any other title which is popular at the time

I know your not. My reply was about not wanting non white people to love next door to you, to me, there’s not many reasons for that.
Your reply was brilliant though
Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 10:18 - Dec 4 with 1026 viewsonehunglow

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 20:26 - Dec 3 by Sirjohnalot

Or you could argue it’s ‘decency’.

I loved Alf Garnett growing up, kind of recognised the racism, but to me, as a kid, he was a funny man, shouting. There are still people like that who say non white people will bring the property prices down. (Of course the show was meant to paint him as the villain, but worryingly people used to say ‘he talks a lot of sense’) Standing up to racism isn’t fashionable, it’s what everyone of us should be doing.

Class war isn’t so prominent now, as it may not be such an issue as it was. It’s obviously still there, knowing the right person, or parents or school, will open doors for you (virtually all our PMs have been privately educated, other than Truss and Brown I think ) but we’re more alive to it now.

Surely you don’t mean that some random posh woman being called a ‘lady’ is or offensive than someone using the N word ?

Class war what? Read the other forum,read this one.
It is everywhere

Question is why we have old ladies now with this title seeing themselves as our betters

This is fundamental Jon and supersedes all.

This woman is far removed from what one would call everyday life . She and her type are to be pitied . They are helpless waifs and have zero self perception. They need caring for .

Ladies of the Bedchamber

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 11:10 - Dec 4 with 1005 viewsSirjohnalot

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 10:18 - Dec 4 by onehunglow

It is everywhere

Question is why we have old ladies now with this title seeing themselves as our betters

This woman is far removed from what one would call everyday life . She and her type are to be pitied . They are helpless waifs and have zero self perception. They need caring for .

Ladies of the Bedchamber

Supersedes racism ? Really ?

Some posh woman being a lady ? How does that affect you ?
Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 11:37 - Dec 4 with 993 viewsBoundy

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 10:18 - Dec 4 by onehunglow

It is everywhere

Ladies of the Bedchamber

Its a job , this country has full of jobs which could be deemed by others as unimportant but I'm sure she paid her taxes and dues over the years . You seem to be fixated with the class system which for many is antiquated and has no place in society and I'm one but it doesn't affect my life and I suspect yours and millions of others .

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 14:41 - Dec 4 with 952 viewsonehunglow

Lady Susan Hussey resigns after racism row on 11:37 - Dec 4 by Boundy

Its a job , this country has full of jobs which could be deemed by others as unimportant but I'm sure she paid her taxes and dues over the years . You seem to be fixated with the class system which for many is antiquated and has no place in society and I'm one but it doesn't affect my life and I suspect yours and millions of others .

Fair comment .
I am.
I feel it’s incredible people actually grade themselves into a class ,from which they never leave.
Branded for life.
Too right it obsesses me ,as it should us all.
We need to removed class from out mind sets

Only thing worse is politicians refer to people as “ ordinary”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024