Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton V Brighton The Verdict 11:00 - Dec 27 with 1904 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/59203/southampton-v-brig

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Southampton V Brighton The Verdict on 11:34 - Dec 27 with 1788 viewsButty101

Why do you think we would have been better under Ralph. We haven’t beaten Brighton at home in 5 seasons.
Ralph needed to go but nobody expected this appointment. We are screwed

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Southampton V Brighton The Verdict on 11:50 - Dec 27 with 1743 viewsRon11

Southampton V Brighton The Verdict on 11:34 - Dec 27 by Butty101

Why do you think we would have been better under Ralph. We haven’t beaten Brighton at home in 5 seasons.

Sad as it is, these players need an established manager with top level experience, results and man management skills, which is exactly what the likes of Villa and Brighton now have, after their recent change of managers.
Not someone who has a bit of a record at Luton Town, and a bad one at Stoke. By this criteria they might as well have brought in Fatty Evans at Stevenage who has had more success in the lower leagues than Jones.
Southampton V Brighton The Verdict on 11:56 - Dec 27 with 1733 views1ASIN12

Exactly this.

Just because Jones maybe the wrong appointment does not mean it was wrong to Sack Ralph.

The board made errors in the summer and its those errors the reason why we are going down.
Southampton V Brighton The Verdict on 12:10 - Dec 27 with 1708 viewsdirk_doone

This is Ralph's record against Brighton:

P 7 W 3 D 3 L 1

So, we only lost 1 out of our 7 games against them with him in charge. I think we'd at least have got a draw yesterday.

https://www.soccerbase.com/teams/head_to_head.sd?team_id=2471&team2_id=381

Ralph was a real breath of fresh air when he arrived and his first two years here, which is longer than the average tenure for a manager at a Premier League club, were great. He had become disillusioned though.

I heard that he'd been promised a new striker in the summer and that when that promise was broken, he fell out with the board and the owners. There were angry confrontations over it, Ralph was then just going through the motions and I suppose it became inevitable then that he couldn't go on. If he'd got the striker he'd been promised I don't think we'd have finished this season any lower than 15th and perhaps much higher.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2022 12:21]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Southampton V Brighton The Verdict on 12:47 - Dec 27 with 1615 viewsPeterL22

For me (and the supporters around me yesterday), the worrying thing was that we were actually WORSE yesterday then before RH went! If six weeks of NJ achieved this standard, I shudder to think what half a season will produce! At least he has a reasonable Championship record.
Southampton V Brighton The Verdict on 13:01 - Dec 27 with 1592 viewsdirk_doone

Southampton V Brighton The Verdict on 12:47 - Dec 27 by PeterL22

For me (and the supporters around me yesterday), the worrying thing was that we were actually WORSE yesterday then before RH went! If six weeks of NJ achieved this standard, I shudder to think what half a season will produce! At least he has a reasonable Championship record.

I don't think taking Stoke to the bottom of the Championship was reasonable. Only his replacement, Michael O'Neill, saved them from relegation.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Southampton V Brighton The Verdict on 16:24 - Dec 27 with 1389 viewsSouthamptonfan

I expected it. We were never gonna get a Poch or a Koeman. The club is run by cheapskates making money. Didn't you realise?

They sell Ings and replace him with A Armstrong. They sell Hojberg and replace him with Diallo. Broja goes and they replace him with Mara. Romeu goes and they think Diallo can be his replacement. Forster now playing for champion league contenders Spurs, is replaced by Bazunu from league one. Isn't this the evidence of their incompetence (or even not giving a f@ck about their fans match experience)? How is this the Manager's fault?

This appointment that I predicted, shows why it's always the very top that's making the mistakes. They are taking the fans for fools selling our best players and replacing them with rubbish. No decent manager would come here and accept that. Fans need to wake up. You can't exoect any manager to keep to losing his best players only to be replaced by rubbish. It's the PL!! You need quality players!!! Place the blame in the right place if we want change.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2022 16:33]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Southampton V Brighton The Verdict on 18:13 - Dec 27 with 1273 viewsBLEEDRED

Right now, I'd even accept Andy Carroll up front! He would suit the standard of play we continue to use, get it to the bye line and hoof it into the box with no one capable of getting a decent header/touch. (I think his deal with Reading ends next week)
Login to get fewer ads

Southampton V Brighton The Verdict on 10:49 - Dec 28 with 1042 viewsdwayne_dibley

hope this is X rated:

https://www.southamptonfc.com/2022/12/27/audio-description-highlights-southampto

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Southampton V Brighton The Verdict on 10:55 - Dec 28 with 1029 viewsButty101

Southampton V Brighton The Verdict on 12:10 - Dec 27 by dirk_doone

This is Ralph's record against Brighton:

P 7 W 3 D 3 L 1

So, we only lost 1 out of our 7 games against them with him in charge. I think we'd at least have got a draw yesterday.

https://www.soccerbase.com/teams/head_to_head.sd?team_id=2471&team2_id=381

Ralph was a real breath of fresh air when he arrived and his first two years here, which is longer than the average tenure for a manager at a Premier League club, were great. He had become disillusioned though.

I heard that he'd been promised a new striker in the summer and that when that promise was broken, he fell out with the board and the owners. There were angry confrontations over it, Ralph was then just going through the motions and I suppose it became inevitable then that he couldn't go on. If he'd got the striker he'd been promised I don't think we'd have finished this season any lower than 15th and perhaps much higher.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2022 12:21]

As I said Ralph had never beaten Brighton at home . I wanted Ralph out and still think it was the right thing. However I bet he would of made better use of that 6 week break than the current incumbent. The reset during Covid was the making of Ralph for a short while

Southampton V Brighton The Verdict on 11:19 - Dec 28 with 996 viewsRon11

Southampton V Brighton The Verdict on 18:13 - Dec 27 by BLEEDRED

Right now, I'd even accept Andy Carroll up front! He would suit the standard of play we continue to use, get it to the bye line and hoof it into the box with no one capable of getting a decent header/touch. (I think his deal with Reading ends next week)

There are mutterings that he'll be going back to Luton for Cameron Jerome, 36 year old non prolific striker....
Southampton V Brighton The Verdict on 11:26 - Dec 28 with 982 viewsMytchettSaint

Southampton V Brighton The Verdict on 10:55 - Dec 28 by Butty101

As I said Ralph had never beaten Brighton at home . I wanted Ralph out and still think it was the right thing. However I bet he would of made better use of that 6 week break than the current incumbent. The reset during Covid was the making of Ralph for a short while

Ralph had enough time and chances. Every manager has a shelf life it would seem these days. We’d regressed the last year and he looked beaten.
I can’t judge NJ on effectively his first real premier league game but it doesn’t look good and would reinforce the reservations the fan base had when he was mentioned as Ralph’s replacement.

It’s been obvious to pretty much everyone we have needed 3 hardened, seasoned, wise old pros out there if we were going to continue this experiment of youngsters with potential and a manager who has a bit of fear factor about them to stop those types of performances we’ve just witnessed and have become accustomed to seeing. We got Walcott as our experienced head….

I listened to the interviews on radio Solent coming home and there wasn’t a hint of upset from JWP or NJ, just the usual lessons need to be learned. It clearly doesn’t appear to hurt the pros in this club putting in those type of performances. If one thing needs changing first and foremost, then it is that. Until then they’ll just keep excusing and carrying on as is.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2022 11:27]

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Southampton V Brighton The Verdict on 12:34 - Dec 28 with 919 viewsButty101

Southampton V Brighton The Verdict on 11:26 - Dec 28 by MytchettSaint

Ralph had enough time and chances. Every manager has a shelf life it would seem these days. We’d regressed the last year and he looked beaten.
I can’t judge NJ on effectively his first real premier league game but it doesn’t look good and would reinforce the reservations the fan base had when he was mentioned as Ralph’s replacement.

It’s been obvious to pretty much everyone we have needed 3 hardened, seasoned, wise old pros out there if we were going to continue this experiment of youngsters with potential and a manager who has a bit of fear factor about them to stop those types of performances we’ve just witnessed and have become accustomed to seeing. We got Walcott as our experienced head….

I listened to the interviews on radio Solent coming home and there wasn’t a hint of upset from JWP or NJ, just the usual lessons need to be learned. It clearly doesn’t appear to hurt the pros in this club putting in those type of performances. If one thing needs changing first and foremost, then it is that. Until then they’ll just keep excusing and carrying on as is.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2022 11:27]

I heard those interviews, when you here JWP going on about lessons learned, you can’t help but think what a knob. You haven’t learnt any lessons as it’s the same every week.
I like jo tessem dosent mince his words

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024