Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A unique football club..why you should invest in it? 09:01 - Dec 31 with 12682 viewsTalkingSutty

So the Chairman and Directors have announced their intentions to look for outside investment and to be honest I don’t really blame them. The only future I can see at present is to constantly service a growing debt and hope beyond hope that we survive on the pitch every season. As a young supporter that must be very disheartening and it’s the young fans who are the most important going forward. I am expecting and really hoping that the net will be cast worldwide in the search for suitable investors and a professional service will be utilised to assist in the search.

Positive reasons to invest need to be highlighted and there is a fantastic story that surrounds our football club all of which could be included in a promotional video which could be presented to any potential investor. Thinking off the top of my head this is how I think it could be done, it’s not easy though when we’ve never won bugger all. Feel free to also add other ideas etc, the more the merrier.

So we have a 115 yrs old historic football league club situated in Greater Manchester and with very close links to the motorway network and a international airport, also within 30 minutes drive or so from Leeds and Liverpool.

We have a club that has survived against all odd despite being surrounded by clubs such as Man City and United. We are one of a few clubs that has never been bankrupt and have always paid our way even through tough times.A large number of supporters have purchased small shares in the club to help with finances

Tell the brilliant stories of our history and the Co-op, paint the picture of how we employed the first black manager in the football league. The story of the Overcoat men and go big on the David Clough legacy and what he did for the club. Include the video footage of Richard Wild when he brilliantly narrated how Cloughy saved us, that will bring a tear to even the toughest of potential investors, show his Statue proudly sitting in the main stand. Tell the story of how the fan base united and came together to fight off a very hostile takeover and how good men stepped forward and flooded the boardroom and opened their wallets in order to keep the club fan owned. Include footage of our recent games at Old Trafford and Wembley , our victory over Leeds and our draws against Spurs and Newcastle. All Premiership Clubs that foreign investors can associate with.

There is enough history and positivity there to put a great promotional video together but it needs to be done in a professional manner and not half arsed, employ a professional company to spread the word. If we are going to do this then let’s go big and let’s give us the best chance of reaching out to as many potential investors as we can. The Americans and Chinese love stories and projects like ours but we have to sell ourselves properly and not just in the UK. If Wrexham and Gillingham can do it then so can we.

[Post edited 31 Dec 2022 9:18]
A unique football club..why you should invest in it? on 12:56 - Jan 1 with 2684 viewselectricblue

A unique football club..why you should invest in it? on 12:12 - Jan 1 by Cedar_Room

I’m talking about the fans who are welcoming the statement, saying outside investment will be a good thing and we should be encouraging it. Which is exactly what you’ve said in the original post. Which given all the problems seen at bury and AT OUR OWN CLUB is the most bizarre thing I can imagine.
So I need to come up with a plan beyond the idea of balancing the books by selling players? Really? Well that’s the plan. We develop players and we sell them. That does the trick of getting money through the door and cancelling out the overspend. What’s your idea for how the investment is going to work exactly? If we are running at a loss every year then that will mean outside investment every single year. But let’s look at the two ways of operating. Let’s say we get a million pounds in from a player sale. Yes that comes in over a few years but the money is ours to do with what we want. Service the debt, go towards running costs, invest in the squad or the ground or training facilities. Whatever it’s our money. Now let’s look at a million from an investor. That comes with strings attached. The investor uses it to buy shares and gets a say in how the club is run or maybe they ‘loan’ us the money but that means at some point they’ll want to see a return. If it’s the Glazer approach of paying themselves dividends where does this money come from?? WE DON’T MAKE ANY MONEY! So let’s say they just want some sort of return from their million pound investment. Again WHERE DOES THIS MONEY COME FROM?? And it’s not going to be a one off investment either won’t we need to be covering a million pound shortfall every single year? So every time this happens the investor buys more shares and gets more control of the club until they are several million pounds in and have a controlling share. What do you think is the outcome of that? The only thing we have of any value is the ground. So at some point the investor has to say we’re cutting our losses and getting back some of our money by selling the only thing of value the club has. Which surely spells the end of the club. The club HAS to generate its own money. It can’t rely on someone propping us up with investments which are swallowed up by our running costs. The ONLY model I can see working to do that is developing and selling on players. And the only way your investment idea works is if we get someone so wealthy they don’t care about the losses and are prepared to pump in millions year after year without seeing a return. I find that idea to be completely laughable. We are the least successful team in the history of the football league. We aren’t a sleeping giant. We have two of the biggest clubs in the world 10 miles down the road who are quite easily attracting the attention of any football fans in the town much more easily than us. But let’s make a video attracting someone from Hollywood???? This is the most bury thing I’ve seen anyone write on this message board what planet are you living on. But OK let’s game out the scenario. Let’s say it happens and we get a rich investor who is going to bank roll us. Is that really what we want to see as a club?? Is that what our values are all about? Every single person on here seemed to be saying how great it was for us to become a fan owned club. A model for others because we have always paid our way. We haven’t wracked up debts and had them written off. We’ve lived within our means and been quite happy to criticise others who’ve bought their way to success and have got ahead by artificially inflating their balance books. Not least because the consensus has always been THIS NEVER ENDS WELL. but if it’s the Dale taking that approach all of a sudden you’d be happy? It wouldn’t matter. We’d be Newcastle fans would we wearing Saudi colours in our kit, cheering it all along because success at any cost is still success?? Nah. Not for me. Won’t thrown my support behind it. You’ve either got some principles or you don’t.

Bringing through development players will not bring enough to cover the annual loss alone, what happens for a couple of seasons when nothing is good enough....

Look at the players that have come from other teams reserves etc and moved on (Holt, Lambert, Murray, ) even they didnt bring huge amounts to cover seasons loss..
Then look at Dawson what as he earned the club!
Is it 600k plus addons.
Well addons are a gamble for a club like Dale and we have been lucky..
Also LeFondre was sold for 125k due to an club oversight.

Looking back 12months to January 2021 if the club are losing £20k a week why did they spend money on Ball, Campbell, Charman!
Ok Charman was sold but did Dale get their initial outlay back!

Things have to change like many have mentioned and it is too late for this season but i roads to reduce club staff might be an option also bring back the much heralded lottery that other clubs at the time where in envy.....

Make use of supporters help and not just for pitch covers.....

As i have said before every season there should be a supporters christmas and new years eve ticket event.

Tout businesses for chrismas parties as some companies hold them in January but be competitive price wise.......

Would an event organiser be worth employing on commission basis!

Also i mentioned before combine the ticket office in with the merchandise shop......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

A unique football club..why you should invest in it? on 13:05 - Jan 1 with 2621 viewsTalkingSutty

A unique football club..why you should invest in it? on 12:12 - Jan 1 by Cedar_Room

I’m talking about the fans who are welcoming the statement, saying outside investment will be a good thing and we should be encouraging it. Which is exactly what you’ve said in the original post. Which given all the problems seen at bury and AT OUR OWN CLUB is the most bizarre thing I can imagine.
So I need to come up with a plan beyond the idea of balancing the books by selling players? Really? Well that’s the plan. We develop players and we sell them. That does the trick of getting money through the door and cancelling out the overspend. What’s your idea for how the investment is going to work exactly? If we are running at a loss every year then that will mean outside investment every single year. But let’s look at the two ways of operating. Let’s say we get a million pounds in from a player sale. Yes that comes in over a few years but the money is ours to do with what we want. Service the debt, go towards running costs, invest in the squad or the ground or training facilities. Whatever it’s our money. Now let’s look at a million from an investor. That comes with strings attached. The investor uses it to buy shares and gets a say in how the club is run or maybe they ‘loan’ us the money but that means at some point they’ll want to see a return. If it’s the Glazer approach of paying themselves dividends where does this money come from?? WE DON’T MAKE ANY MONEY! So let’s say they just want some sort of return from their million pound investment. Again WHERE DOES THIS MONEY COME FROM?? And it’s not going to be a one off investment either won’t we need to be covering a million pound shortfall every single year? So every time this happens the investor buys more shares and gets more control of the club until they are several million pounds in and have a controlling share. What do you think is the outcome of that? The only thing we have of any value is the ground. So at some point the investor has to say we’re cutting our losses and getting back some of our money by selling the only thing of value the club has. Which surely spells the end of the club. The club HAS to generate its own money. It can’t rely on someone propping us up with investments which are swallowed up by our running costs. The ONLY model I can see working to do that is developing and selling on players. And the only way your investment idea works is if we get someone so wealthy they don’t care about the losses and are prepared to pump in millions year after year without seeing a return. I find that idea to be completely laughable. We are the least successful team in the history of the football league. We aren’t a sleeping giant. We have two of the biggest clubs in the world 10 miles down the road who are quite easily attracting the attention of any football fans in the town much more easily than us. But let’s make a video attracting someone from Hollywood???? This is the most bury thing I’ve seen anyone write on this message board what planet are you living on. But OK let’s game out the scenario. Let’s say it happens and we get a rich investor who is going to bank roll us. Is that really what we want to see as a club?? Is that what our values are all about? Every single person on here seemed to be saying how great it was for us to become a fan owned club. A model for others because we have always paid our way. We haven’t wracked up debts and had them written off. We’ve lived within our means and been quite happy to criticise others who’ve bought their way to success and have got ahead by artificially inflating their balance books. Not least because the consensus has always been THIS NEVER ENDS WELL. but if it’s the Dale taking that approach all of a sudden you’d be happy? It wouldn’t matter. We’d be Newcastle fans would we wearing Saudi colours in our kit, cheering it all along because success at any cost is still success?? Nah. Not for me. Won’t thrown my support behind it. You’ve either got some principles or you don’t.

You stated it's my investment idea..it's the Chairman and the Directors idea and absolutely nothing to do with me. Read the statement from the club the information is all there for you. All i've done is suggested that if investment is the road they are going down then it needs to be done in a professional manner. I also stated that i am at a loss to see how as a small fan base we can service the kind of annual deficit we are now seeing year on year. You think we can which is fair enough but ultimately it's irrelevent what you and me think, we aren't the ones in the Boardroom who have personally invested large sums of money and have to balance the books.
A unique football club..why you should invest in it? on 14:07 - Jan 1 with 2525 views49thseason

Our real problems are entirely financial and simply will not be solved by selling our best players. And indeed, as our situation becomes increasingly desperate, the price other clubs will pay us for those players we are able to sell will fall, its dog eat dog in football and only the dogs with access to cash will survive. With a supporter base of just over 2000 people, many elderly and youths paying reduced ticket prices, the chances of growing the club sufficiently through the turnstiles is virtually impossible given just 1 in 4 home wins in the last 6 seasons. Nor is there spare money to instigate new off- field ventures capable of significantly reducing the annual losses.
The selling of players plugs some of the financial holes but simply means that we have a squad comprised of loanees and free transfers with our best prospects playing for someone else and not helping RAFC to become successful. All this does is slow the rate of decline, it does not reverse the downtrend.
Being fan owned has different meanings to different people, we can gaze longingly at Exeter City, but you have to travel nearly 50 milesl to get to their nearest league rivals, they attract 7000 fans from a huge catchment area which is substantially wealthier than Rochdale, one of the poorest towns in the country with its football club based in one of the towns poorest wards with one of the worst mortality rates in the land.
We have a council with little or no interest in the club, so no major way forward there, if there were, we would have sorted out a training venue years ago.
If, and I repeat, If there is someone prepared to take on this project, I think it would be churlish to turn down a genuine proposition if the Board and Trust think it is the real deal, someone with a genuine interest in football and a willingness to write off substantial amounts of money for an extended period of time keeping the club afloat.

Make no mistake, there is money enough for everyone within the game, but the EFL panders to the Championship at the expense of L1and L2. The game is tilted against the smallest clubs financially and there is little that 2000 of us can do about it unless we are prepared to pay £3000 per season for our tickets!

Dreams and schemes are one thing until they run into financial reality. We just hit the buffers and the reality of our situation is becoming clearer with each loss on the field and in the accounts. Either we act now decisively, or we fade away, relegation by relegation.

I vote for a brighter future, it needs substantial investment, I wish the board well in their search and trust them to find the right person. If an investor can stop the losses, it gives us, the fans, the time and finance to restart Gold Bond properly, to create our volunteer army and to recreate the club inch by inch, week by week. The right investor does not need to mean the end of the fan-owned idea, if the incomer is indeed a fan or at least a benevolent investor, it just means he / she can do the heavy financial lifting so obviously required whilst the rest of us help to move the barriers to our success by helping to fix the many other problems we have already identified.
I guess in the final analysis we either trust the Board or we don't, in either case, we are now vigilant and hyper-aware and far more capable of calling out things we do not approve of.
A unique football club..why you should invest in it? on 14:34 - Jan 1 with 2464 views442Dale

A unique football club..why you should invest in it? on 14:07 - Jan 1 by 49thseason

Our real problems are entirely financial and simply will not be solved by selling our best players. And indeed, as our situation becomes increasingly desperate, the price other clubs will pay us for those players we are able to sell will fall, its dog eat dog in football and only the dogs with access to cash will survive. With a supporter base of just over 2000 people, many elderly and youths paying reduced ticket prices, the chances of growing the club sufficiently through the turnstiles is virtually impossible given just 1 in 4 home wins in the last 6 seasons. Nor is there spare money to instigate new off- field ventures capable of significantly reducing the annual losses.
The selling of players plugs some of the financial holes but simply means that we have a squad comprised of loanees and free transfers with our best prospects playing for someone else and not helping RAFC to become successful. All this does is slow the rate of decline, it does not reverse the downtrend.
Being fan owned has different meanings to different people, we can gaze longingly at Exeter City, but you have to travel nearly 50 milesl to get to their nearest league rivals, they attract 7000 fans from a huge catchment area which is substantially wealthier than Rochdale, one of the poorest towns in the country with its football club based in one of the towns poorest wards with one of the worst mortality rates in the land.
We have a council with little or no interest in the club, so no major way forward there, if there were, we would have sorted out a training venue years ago.
If, and I repeat, If there is someone prepared to take on this project, I think it would be churlish to turn down a genuine proposition if the Board and Trust think it is the real deal, someone with a genuine interest in football and a willingness to write off substantial amounts of money for an extended period of time keeping the club afloat.

Make no mistake, there is money enough for everyone within the game, but the EFL panders to the Championship at the expense of L1and L2. The game is tilted against the smallest clubs financially and there is little that 2000 of us can do about it unless we are prepared to pay £3000 per season for our tickets!

Dreams and schemes are one thing until they run into financial reality. We just hit the buffers and the reality of our situation is becoming clearer with each loss on the field and in the accounts. Either we act now decisively, or we fade away, relegation by relegation.

I vote for a brighter future, it needs substantial investment, I wish the board well in their search and trust them to find the right person. If an investor can stop the losses, it gives us, the fans, the time and finance to restart Gold Bond properly, to create our volunteer army and to recreate the club inch by inch, week by week. The right investor does not need to mean the end of the fan-owned idea, if the incomer is indeed a fan or at least a benevolent investor, it just means he / she can do the heavy financial lifting so obviously required whilst the rest of us help to move the barriers to our success by helping to fix the many other problems we have already identified.
I guess in the final analysis we either trust the Board or we don't, in either case, we are now vigilant and hyper-aware and far more capable of calling out things we do not approve of.

The last paragraph would be the ideal future. It would all depend on whether any investor who may want controlling interest will realise that supporters want that input and will immediately question anyone who appears to shun it. We’ve seen over the last couple of decades how the views of supporters and even the Trust have been either paid lip survive or ignored; which has been a small part of leading to where we are today.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2023 14:35]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

A unique football club..why you should invest in it? on 14:56 - Jan 1 with 2412 viewsD_Alien

A unique football club..why you should invest in it? on 14:34 - Jan 1 by 442Dale

The last paragraph would be the ideal future. It would all depend on whether any investor who may want controlling interest will realise that supporters want that input and will immediately question anyone who appears to shun it. We’ve seen over the last couple of decades how the views of supporters and even the Trust have been either paid lip survive or ignored; which has been a small part of leading to where we are today.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2023 14:35]

Aside from the Trust rep on the Board of Directors, there are also those who post on here - very regularly in fact, over the past couple of years especially - who're very close to the centre of the action and decision-making; close enough to know exactly what's going on, which decisions are being taken, by whom and the changes of mood around those decisions

Whilst the usual business confidentiality issues would rightly prevent them from being explicit, it can't be said that there's the disconnect between the Board and the fans in that they'd know precisely what the changes of mood are on our (the fans) part. The Board are fans themselves, of course...

My point here, is whilst there was never any excuse in the past, it would be inconceivable not to take the fanbase along with them. I know you've called for greater transparency 442, it's the only way for the club to survive in this new era

The club failed to make sufficient hay whilst the sun shone over the past 15 years. I personally feel, as a shareholder, there should've been greater explanation and notice than an email about 10 minutes prior to the club's statement. Those close to the centre of things: start taking notice of what's being said here. The future of Dale depends upon it just as much as new investment

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

A unique football club..why you should invest in it? on 15:10 - Jan 1 with 2365 viewsDalenet

A unique football club..why you should invest in it? on 14:56 - Jan 1 by D_Alien

Aside from the Trust rep on the Board of Directors, there are also those who post on here - very regularly in fact, over the past couple of years especially - who're very close to the centre of the action and decision-making; close enough to know exactly what's going on, which decisions are being taken, by whom and the changes of mood around those decisions

Whilst the usual business confidentiality issues would rightly prevent them from being explicit, it can't be said that there's the disconnect between the Board and the fans in that they'd know precisely what the changes of mood are on our (the fans) part. The Board are fans themselves, of course...

My point here, is whilst there was never any excuse in the past, it would be inconceivable not to take the fanbase along with them. I know you've called for greater transparency 442, it's the only way for the club to survive in this new era

The club failed to make sufficient hay whilst the sun shone over the past 15 years. I personally feel, as a shareholder, there should've been greater explanation and notice than an email about 10 minutes prior to the club's statement. Those close to the centre of things: start taking notice of what's being said here. The future of Dale depends upon it just as much as new investment

The shareholders had a very detailed AGM pack in October that was clear in my mind. I was surprised that the Trust AGM hardly covered it. It seems we know we have a black hole and have known it is getting bigger, but we all wait to see who has a plan to plug it. No cup runs this season, no live TV money, no gate increases. The options are diminishing as the club shrinks into itself. Whatever happened to the proposed £1.5m wage cap for League Two - how we'd like that now.

Anyhow, a few miles up the road the problems with footbal outside the Premiership are clear to see. Blackburn has a proud history of success over the past 35 years and you'd think they had earned their town's support. Despite being 3rd in the championship, they are hardly filling 40% of their seats. Their gate monies last year fell shy of £3m. They are still spending £1.35 in players wages for every £1 in revenue. They made a £2m profit last year after player sales of £15m. But over the 12 years since the Indian family bought it they have lost £185m. If they can't even fill half their stadium, albeit in a poor town, then what chance have we got of creating the revenue we need to survive. Something drastic is needed.
A unique football club..why you should invest in it? on 15:19 - Jan 1 with 2324 views442Dale

A unique football club..why you should invest in it? on 14:56 - Jan 1 by D_Alien

That last paragraph especially needs reading and reading again. Taking it totally on board.

Then read it again.

Remember how supporters can identify discrepancies, contradictions and where things can be improved. Dismissing and ignoring it is never an option: see Bury.

Supporters on here and in general are both respectful and fair (apart from a few outliers on social media which will always rant). That should never be taken for granted; to dismiss and ignore those who care is to do just that.

Now read it again. Thank you.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2023 15:22]

A unique football club..why you should invest in it? on 15:20 - Jan 1 with 2324 viewsHopwoodblue

What I fail to understand and hopefully someone maybe knows more, is why the board have waited until just before the transfer window to go public with this ?
The next four weeks will determine whether we have a team in Rochdale playing league football next season. I would have thought it a better idea to start the ball rolling three months ago to give us more of a chance to secure funds enabling the manager to make some changes to the playing staff. I think it was blatantly obvious three months ago that the January transfer window would dictate the future of Rochdale AFC.
I’m hoping and praying that something is already in the pipeline and that the announcement is purely to warn us what is about to happen ?

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Login to get fewer ads

A unique football club..why you should invest in it? on 15:40 - Jan 1 with 2279 viewsDalenet

A unique football club..why you should invest in it? on 15:20 - Jan 1 by Hopwoodblue

What I fail to understand and hopefully someone maybe knows more, is why the board have waited until just before the transfer window to go public with this ?
The next four weeks will determine whether we have a team in Rochdale playing league football next season. I would have thought it a better idea to start the ball rolling three months ago to give us more of a chance to secure funds enabling the manager to make some changes to the playing staff. I think it was blatantly obvious three months ago that the January transfer window would dictate the future of Rochdale AFC.
I’m hoping and praying that something is already in the pipeline and that the announcement is purely to warn us what is about to happen ?

The EGM two months ago was called to agree the issuance of more shares. Without that the club has no proposition to sell. The fans were given the first opportunity and demand was tiny. The announcement this week opens up the story to create a wider pool of interested parties. The fact that the Chairman told the Trust that the Board are confident in finding suitable options may in fact mean that they have some good conversations in play already. The widening of the pool allows for a beauty parade. We don't want to be so desperate that the first offer will do.
A unique football club..why you should invest in it? on 15:41 - Jan 1 with 2276 views442Dale

A unique football club..why you should invest in it? on 15:10 - Jan 1 by Dalenet

The shareholders had a very detailed AGM pack in October that was clear in my mind. I was surprised that the Trust AGM hardly covered it. It seems we know we have a black hole and have known it is getting bigger, but we all wait to see who has a plan to plug it. No cup runs this season, no live TV money, no gate increases. The options are diminishing as the club shrinks into itself. Whatever happened to the proposed £1.5m wage cap for League Two - how we'd like that now.

Anyhow, a few miles up the road the problems with footbal outside the Premiership are clear to see. Blackburn has a proud history of success over the past 35 years and you'd think they had earned their town's support. Despite being 3rd in the championship, they are hardly filling 40% of their seats. Their gate monies last year fell shy of £3m. They are still spending £1.35 in players wages for every £1 in revenue. They made a £2m profit last year after player sales of £15m. But over the 12 years since the Indian family bought it they have lost £185m. If they can't even fill half their stadium, albeit in a poor town, then what chance have we got of creating the revenue we need to survive. Something drastic is needed.

That observation about the two AGMs is a good one. If this is where we were heading, that information should have led to the Trust having a clear message and direction on their/our role in supporting the club with the detailed information around finances being available.

With the Trust having so many shares at present, there didn’t appear to be any real emphasis on adding to them - for example did the club approach them to ask if they could increase their shareholding?

If this had happened, it could have led to a Trust campaign to raise £X to buy a defined percentage of the 450000 shares that were being made available. This may have seen a reinvigorated effort and focus to get involved in terms of buying shares, something that clearly wasn’t around at the time and shown since to be apparent with the low amount sold.

A unique football club..why you should invest in it? on 17:37 - Jan 1 with 2126 views49thseason

A valuable insight, the Directors got away with a very friendly AGM, where more questions about the finances perhaps should have been asked. And the latest share offer was to say the least, undersold to fans. So perhaps there was the makings of a plan to bring in an investor back then. I have no doubt there will be news at some point but until its announced, we are in the dark, perhaps because of due diligence undertakings.
A unique football club..why you should invest in it? on 17:41 - Jan 1 with 2106 viewsD_Alien

A unique football club..why you should invest in it? on 17:37 - Jan 1 by 49thseason

A valuable insight, the Directors got away with a very friendly AGM, where more questions about the finances perhaps should have been asked. And the latest share offer was to say the least, undersold to fans. So perhaps there was the makings of a plan to bring in an investor back then. I have no doubt there will be news at some point but until its announced, we are in the dark, perhaps because of due diligence undertakings.

On that last point, yes, it's possible

One thing i'd add though, is that both the club and the Trust - in its excellent newsletter sent out today, very comprehensive - make a point about the greater requirements being set out by the EFL for potential major shareholders. Within a couple of months, we may be in a position where the EFL regulations become irrelevant

A unique football club..why you should invest in it? on 17:50 - Jan 1 with 2062 views442Dale

Talking of the Trust, January’s newsletter had some really good examples of what they do to try and help the club move forward and shows how open the club themselves are to working with them.

Raising the issues supporters rightly identify, working with an action point system that has definitive time scales attached is illustrative of the role fans and an organisation that represents them should have - one that has to exist going forwards as well.

This is shown with the subject of cash turnstiles/problems around queues at the ticket office, having a second outlet for sales was brought up. It’s stated a full review will be done by the club by the end of February.

The same possible idea was mentioned last April.
https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2022/04/meeting-with-the-board-3/
<<“Q: Are there any plans to re-introduce cash turnstiles at the ground?
A: No. However, tickets can be purchased from the ticket office, no supporters has been turned away at any home game this season who wanted to purchase a ticket and the queues for purchasing a ticket haven’t been excessive. The Club admitted that the ability to purchase a ticket at the Ticket Office is to be pushed more on all the Club’s social channels, though supporters who struggle with online purchases might not have access to the Club’s social media. The Trust asked about a second purchase point at the ground, possibly the ticket outlet at the Pearl Street end of the ground, and the Club agreed to look into this.”>>

Hopefully this review process will see some positive change.

Thanks to the Trust for all their work and for the newsletter update, which is due to be published on the Trust site by the 4th as per their statement about the shares a couple of days ago.

A unique football club..why you should invest in it? on 18:35 - Jan 1 with 1969 viewsD_Alien

A unique football club..why you should invest in it? on 17:50 - Jan 1 by 442Dale

Talking of the Trust, January’s newsletter had some really good examples of what they do to try and help the club move forward and shows how open the club themselves are to working with them.

Raising the issues supporters rightly identify, working with an action point system that has definitive time scales attached is illustrative of the role fans and an organisation that represents them should have - one that has to exist going forwards as well.

This is shown with the subject of cash turnstiles/problems around queues at the ticket office, having a second outlet for sales was brought up. It’s stated a full review will be done by the club by the end of February.

The same possible idea was mentioned last April.
https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2022/04/meeting-with-the-board-3/
<<“Q: Are there any plans to re-introduce cash turnstiles at the ground?
A: No. However, tickets can be purchased from the ticket office, no supporters has been turned away at any home game this season who wanted to purchase a ticket and the queues for purchasing a ticket haven’t been excessive. The Club admitted that the ability to purchase a ticket at the Ticket Office is to be pushed more on all the Club’s social channels, though supporters who struggle with online purchases might not have access to the Club’s social media. The Trust asked about a second purchase point at the ground, possibly the ticket outlet at the Pearl Street end of the ground, and the Club agreed to look into this.”>>

Hopefully this review process will see some positive change.

Thanks to the Trust for all their work and for the newsletter update, which is due to be published on the Trust site by the 4th as per their statement about the shares a couple of days ago.

Yes, we finally get an answer about cash turnstiles - to do with required EFL profiling of those entering the ground (in itself an absolute nonsense, btw)

But WHY ON EARTH this couldn't have been communicated earlier is anyone's guess; it's been a live issue since the introduction of the new turnstile system

A unique football club..why you should invest in it? on 19:09 - Jan 1 with 1924 viewsHullDale

It would probably help if club employees were not questioning why other fans are choosing to go to away games to support the team.

'...I HAVE to go, but you have no excuses for going!'

Now more than ever we need to be certain that everybody is on board, on the same page and working together.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2023 19:12]
A unique football club..why you should invest in it? on 19:33 - Jan 1 with 1864 views49thseason

A unique football club..why you should invest in it? on 19:09 - Jan 1 by HullDale

It would probably help if club employees were not questioning why other fans are choosing to go to away games to support the team.

'...I HAVE to go, but you have no excuses for going!'

Now more than ever we need to be certain that everybody is on board, on the same page and working together.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2023 19:12]

Wow! Surely the conversation should have included, " thanks for supporting the team and helping to keep me in a job" If there is a 5th column at work within the club you should report that conversation to the Chairman with an expectation of a severe dressing down for the person involved , be they Director, player, management office staff, ball boy (or girl) or anyone else.

Anyone who regards fans as little more than a nuisance clearly didn't get the memo about "Team Rochdale",
A unique football club..why you should invest in it? on 20:17 - Jan 1 with 1799 viewsHullDale

A unique football club..why you should invest in it? on 19:33 - Jan 1 by 49thseason

Wow! Surely the conversation should have included, " thanks for supporting the team and helping to keep me in a job" If there is a 5th column at work within the club you should report that conversation to the Chairman with an expectation of a severe dressing down for the person involved , be they Director, player, management office staff, ball boy (or girl) or anyone else.

Anyone who regards fans as little more than a nuisance clearly didn't get the memo about "Team Rochdale",

Interestingly, the employee has now deleted his comment. Why?
A unique football club..why you should invest in it? on 20:19 - Jan 1 with 1793 viewsjudd

A unique football club..why you should invest in it? on 20:17 - Jan 1 by HullDale

Interestingly, the employee has now deleted his comment. Why?

I've seen the screenshot.

It's no surprise, as sure as night follers day.

Poll: What is it to be then?

A unique football club..why you should invest in it? on 20:21 - Jan 1 with 1789 viewsHullDale

A unique football club..why you should invest in it? on 20:19 - Jan 1 by judd

ifollers?
A unique football club..why you should invest in it? (n/t) on 21:29 - Jan 1 with 1669 viewskel

A unique football club..why you should invest in it? on 20:19 - Jan 1 by judd

[Post edited 5 Mar 2023 1:15]
A unique football club..why you should invest in it? on 21:51 - Jan 1 with 1611 viewsJames1980

A unique football club..why you should invest in it? (n/t) on 21:29 - Jan 1 by kel

[Post edited 5 Mar 2023 1:15]

Does the club make much off the back of the driving school? I believe the person of which you speak is involved with that as well. Sorry if that is incorrect.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

A unique football club..why you should invest in it? (n/t) on 22:06 - Jan 1 with 1557 viewskel

A unique football club..why you should invest in it? on 21:51 - Jan 1 by James1980

Does the club make much off the back of the driving school? I believe the person of which you speak is involved with that as well. Sorry if that is incorrect.

[Post edited 5 Mar 2023 1:16]
A unique football club..why you should invest in it? on 22:14 - Jan 1 with 1522 viewsJames1980

A unique football club..why you should invest in it? (n/t) on 22:06 - Jan 1 by kel

[Post edited 5 Mar 2023 1:16]

Sounds very much like biting the hand that feeds him. Would any shortfall not show up in the accounts?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

A unique football club..why you should invest in it? on 23:16 - Jan 1 with 1431 viewsitsallaboutthedale

Curious why banter between two fans is even being screenshot, sounds like someone making a drama.
Maybe we focus on the game rather than trying to make something out of nothing.
Admin need to keep the threads to relevant topics not unnecessary nonsense.
A unique football club..why you should invest in it? (n/t) on 23:33 - Jan 1 with 1396 viewskel

A unique football club..why you should invest in it? on 23:16 - Jan 1 by itsallaboutthedale

Curious why banter between two fans is even being screenshot, sounds like someone making a drama.
Maybe we focus on the game rather than trying to make something out of nothing.
Admin need to keep the threads to relevant topics not unnecessary nonsense.

[Post edited 5 Mar 2023 1:17]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024