Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A unique football club..why you should invest in it? 09:01 - Dec 31 with 12688 viewsTalkingSutty

So the Chairman and Directors have announced their intentions to look for outside investment and to be honest I don’t really blame them. The only future I can see at present is to constantly service a growing debt and hope beyond hope that we survive on the pitch every season. As a young supporter that must be very disheartening and it’s the young fans who are the most important going forward. I am expecting and really hoping that the net will be cast worldwide in the search for suitable investors and a professional service will be utilised to assist in the search.

Positive reasons to invest need to be highlighted and there is a fantastic story that surrounds our football club all of which could be included in a promotional video which could be presented to any potential investor. Thinking off the top of my head this is how I think it could be done, it’s not easy though when we’ve never won bugger all. Feel free to also add other ideas etc, the more the merrier.

So we have a 115 yrs old historic football league club situated in Greater Manchester and with very close links to the motorway network and a international airport, also within 30 minutes drive or so from Leeds and Liverpool.

We have a club that has survived against all odd despite being surrounded by clubs such as Man City and United. We are one of a few clubs that has never been bankrupt and have always paid our way even through tough times.A large number of supporters have purchased small shares in the club to help with finances

Tell the brilliant stories of our history and the Co-op, paint the picture of how we employed the first black manager in the football league. The story of the Overcoat men and go big on the David Clough legacy and what he did for the club. Include the video footage of Richard Wild when he brilliantly narrated how Cloughy saved us, that will bring a tear to even the toughest of potential investors, show his Statue proudly sitting in the main stand. Tell the story of how the fan base united and came together to fight off a very hostile takeover and how good men stepped forward and flooded the boardroom and opened their wallets in order to keep the club fan owned. Include footage of our recent games at Old Trafford and Wembley , our victory over Leeds and our draws against Spurs and Newcastle. All Premiership Clubs that foreign investors can associate with.

There is enough history and positivity there to put a great promotional video together but it needs to be done in a professional manner and not half arsed, employ a professional company to spread the word. If we are going to do this then let’s go big and let’s give us the best chance of reaching out to as many potential investors as we can. The Americans and Chinese love stories and projects like ours but we have to sell ourselves properly and not just in the UK. If Wrexham and Gillingham can do it then so can we.

[Post edited 31 Dec 2022 9:18]
A unique football club..why you should invest in it? on 23:35 - Jan 1 with 2069 viewsD_Alien

A unique football club..why you should invest in it? on 23:16 - Jan 1 by itsallaboutthedale

Curious why banter between two fans is even being screenshot, sounds like someone making a drama.
Maybe we focus on the game rather than trying to make something out of nothing.
Admin need to keep the threads to relevant topics not unnecessary nonsense.

This thread is titled:

"A unique football club...why you should invest in it?"

Damned admin, they haven't a clue what's relevant, have they?

[Post edited 1 Jan 2023 23:36]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

A unique football club..why you should invest in it? on 23:45 - Jan 1 with 2020 viewsAlan_ADale

A unique football club..why you should invest in it? on 23:16 - Jan 1 by itsallaboutthedale

Curious why banter between two fans is even being screenshot, sounds like someone making a drama.
Maybe we focus on the game rather than trying to make something out of nothing.
Admin need to keep the threads to relevant topics not unnecessary nonsense.

welcome aboard with your first post on here. wonder who you are
A unique football club..why you should invest in it? on 23:48 - Jan 1 with 2005 viewsitsallaboutthedale

A unique football club..why you should invest in it? (n/t) on 23:33 - Jan 1 by kel

[Post edited 5 Mar 2023 1:17]

Or we could just get back to the topic of investment.

Though In answer to your question not aware and not interested, move on I say.

Just been reading a thread about feedback where commenters jumped to conclusions on that thread as well.

Some bitter and aggressive keyboard warriors on here, what happened to fans discussing the love of the game, I’m all for a healthy debate but stuff on here is next level.
A unique football club..why you should invest in it? (n/t) on 23:51 - Jan 1 with 1996 viewskel

A unique football club..why you should invest in it? on 23:48 - Jan 1 by itsallaboutthedale

Or we could just get back to the topic of investment.

Though In answer to your question not aware and not interested, move on I say.

Just been reading a thread about feedback where commenters jumped to conclusions on that thread as well.

Some bitter and aggressive keyboard warriors on here, what happened to fans discussing the love of the game, I’m all for a healthy debate but stuff on here is next level.

A unique football club..why you should invest in it? (n/t) on 00:04 - Jan 2 with 1969 viewskel

A unique football club..why you should invest in it? on 00:08 - Jan 2 with 1958 viewsitsallaboutthedale

A unique football club..why you should invest in it? on 23:45 - Jan 1 by Alan_ADale

Thanks for the welcome to the forum, long standing fan, through the ups and the downs, in fact for those really curious; previous employee (was many years ago though). Not a fan of the forum layout so don’t take my lack of contributions here as a representation of my worthiness as a fan.

Something needs to change the club can’t keep losing that much each week financially and remain viable, I don’t know if some of the investment ideas suggested on here are the answer but it’s good to see people having ideas.

Constructive feedback and thoughts to the club are the way forward not the moaning and attacking individuals that I’ve seen examples of on here.
A unique football club..why you should invest in it? (n/t) on 00:12 - Jan 2 with 1951 viewskel

A unique football club..why you should invest in it? on 00:08 - Jan 2 by itsallaboutthedale

Thanks for the welcome to the forum, long standing fan, through the ups and the downs, in fact for those really curious; previous employee (was many years ago though). Not a fan of the forum layout so don’t take my lack of contributions here as a representation of my worthiness as a fan.

Something needs to change the club can’t keep losing that much each week financially and remain viable, I don’t know if some of the investment ideas suggested on here are the answer but it’s good to see people having ideas.

Constructive feedback and thoughts to the club are the way forward not the moaning and attacking individuals that I’ve seen examples of on here.

[Post edited 5 Mar 2023 1:18]
A unique football club..why you should invest in it? on 00:18 - Jan 2 with 1933 viewsitsallaboutthedale

A unique football club..why you should invest in it? (n/t) on 00:12 - Jan 2 by kel

Sorry flower when replying to others I didn’t mean for you to get your knickers in a twist. Off you pop sunshine.
Login to get fewer ads

A unique football club..why you should invest in it? (n/t) on 00:18 - Jan 2 with 1929 viewskel

A unique football club..why you should invest in it? on 00:18 - Jan 2 by itsallaboutthedale

Sorry flower when replying to others I didn’t mean for you to get your knickers in a twist. Off you pop sunshine.

A unique football club..why you should invest in it? (n/t) on 00:33 - Jan 2 with 1901 viewskel

A unique football club..why you should invest in it? on 23:45 - Jan 1 by Alan_ADale

[Post edited 5 Mar 2023 1:19]
A unique football club..why you should invest in it? on 13:34 - Jan 5 with 1430 viewsDorkingDale

A unique football club..why you should invest in it? on 17:50 - Dec 31 by Cedar_Room

Absolutely staggered to see after the past 2 years that there are fans now openly inviting investment from business men with absolutely no connection to the town or club. What happened to us being fan owned? That being one of our big selling points?? How exactly is anyone going to get a return on their investment? There is absolutely no money to be made in football even in the Prem the clubs are running up huge debts and even the successful clubs are (mostly) just spending money they don’t care about being repaid. Outside investment makes us susceptible to the whims of a non-fan who we will be indebted to. I can’t see any scenario where it doesn’t end up with the club disappearing. For me the only possible model that can work for us is developing players (from our own academy and outside) who we can sell on to balance the books. And there IS plenty of money to be made that way we just need to put the proper processes in place to make this the clubs priority. We live or die by that model and of course it’s not guaranteed success but at least our future is in our own hands.

It has done for years & that will continue to be relevant. Unfortunately it ain't paying the bills at the moment.......in truth, like many businesses, we haven't recovered from the Covid hit.
A unique football club..why you should invest in it? (n/t) on 19:40 - Feb 6 with 977 viewsDaleGatto

A unique football club..why you should invest in it? (n/t) on 21:29 - Jan 1 by kel

[Post edited 5 Mar 2023 1:15]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024