Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread 22:05 - Jan 1 with 31363 viewsCateLeBonR

Take me.
Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 09:54 - Jan 3 with 1826 viewsterryb

Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 23:49 - Jan 2 by Hunterhoop

Absolutely gutting.

Wonder where all those fans from the Luton game went? Empty in Pu.

Efforts deserved a win.

Game nous and professionalism did not. Far too soft. Far too wet. Far too quiet. Never a free kick like many of them. He knew it too.

I can't speak for others Hunter, but I would have loved to have been there. I can't remember the last time I missed a home game to watch it on Sky.

However, the bus replacement service on the trains into Liverpool street and an 8.00pm kick off meant I wouldn't have been home much before 1.00am. I'm sorry to say it, but my body can't handle that any longer! Driving to Shepherds Bush & return would have f****d up my knee for the rest of the week, so that wasn't an option.

Me not being there had nothing to do with the Luton game as my decision was virtually decided when Sky & Railtrack combined to make life difficult!
Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 09:57 - Jan 3 with 1800 viewsnix

Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 09:54 - Jan 3 by terryb

I can't speak for others Hunter, but I would have loved to have been there. I can't remember the last time I missed a home game to watch it on Sky.

However, the bus replacement service on the trains into Liverpool street and an 8.00pm kick off meant I wouldn't have been home much before 1.00am. I'm sorry to say it, but my body can't handle that any longer! Driving to Shepherds Bush & return would have f****d up my knee for the rest of the week, so that wasn't an option.

Me not being there had nothing to do with the Luton game as my decision was virtually decided when Sky & Railtrack combined to make life difficult!

That's a good point Terry the public transport issues are a bit of a nightmare for sport in general but certainly for us as we have a lot of fans who don't live near the ground.
Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 10:29 - Jan 3 with 1756 viewsPinnerPaul

Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 22:03 - Jan 2 by Boston

It wasn't the 5 extra that was the problem...they scored in the 6th minute, wherever that came from.

Kakay went down on 89' 45", he signalled 5 minutes extra and, obviously, played 5 minutes FROM WHEN THE GAME RESTARTED.

I timed added time, I always do - sad git - and they scored on 4' 30"
Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 10:31 - Jan 3 with 1753 viewsPinnerPaul

Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 22:08 - Jan 2 by Match82

In this case Antii I think you are wrong. On my screen the time flashed up +4 just as kakay went down. By the time he got up it has changed to +5. I think the ref added that time as part of the 5

Nope - 4th put up the 5 on 90' - as he's supposed to.

The 4' must have been an error from whatever TV stream you were watching.
Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 11:09 - Jan 3 with 1693 viewsstowmarketrange

Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 09:54 - Jan 3 by terryb

I was faced with the same problem if I went via Liverpool St last night,but instead I drove to Ely and went via Kings Cross.I just made my 22.42 train by 2 minutes and was home indoors at only 12.45.And it was £20 cheaper than sitting on a bus replacement service,which paid for the petrol and the parking at the station.
Shame that we didn’t hold out for the win,but I would’ve taken a point beforehand.
Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 11:29 - Jan 3 with 1635 viewsloftboy

Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 22:03 - Jan 2 by Boston

It wasn't the 5 extra that was the problem...they scored in the 6th minute, wherever that came from.

Because Kakay was injured in the first minute of stoppage time, it was a minimum of 5 minutes, the ref actually got the time right it was not giving a foul for a blatant smack in the face he got wrong.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 11:44 - Jan 3 with 1587 viewsAntti_Heinola

Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 10:29 - Jan 3 by PinnerPaul

Kakay went down on 89' 45", he signalled 5 minutes extra and, obviously, played 5 minutes FROM WHEN THE GAME RESTARTED.

I timed added time, I always do - sad git - and they scored on 4' 30"

oh god I'm agreeing with Pinner about refereeing.
The apocalypse is coming for sure ;)

Bare bones.

Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 15:33 - Jan 3 with 1457 viewsBoston

Anyone listening to the broadcast hear the handball call?

Nick..."his foot was over the line!"
Andy...but it's where the ball is that matters".

Intake of breath, then quiet for a couple of seconds.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 16:23 - Jan 3 with 1413 viewsactonman

Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 22:13 - Jan 2 by karl

Can’t lie that it did happen but it was when the players we depend on up front to hold the ball tired, we need a system for when we can’t rely on Willock and Chair it seems. When they’re both not there we seem to be a poor team.
We did give it everything in defence so wasn’t lack of effort, we lack guile in a few players

That was carbon copy of the end of forest game last season , totally gutted after that performance !
Hope all the trains up north are cancelled !
Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 17:46 - Jan 3 with 1326 viewsPinnerPaul

Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 11:44 - Jan 3 by Antti_Heinola

oh god I'm agreeing with Pinner about refereeing.
The apocalypse is coming for sure ;)

Even Clive and me did the other day - everyone else - you haver been warned YOUR time will come.

Seriously - I was expecting a lot more flak for the referee on here, some of you must be listening to me!

Yellow card for the GK handball was correct, but thought some might want a red, the time at the end I thought more would think was wrong (it wasn't) and someone at the ground told me there was an offside in the build up to their goal but no one has mentioned it on here.

NC got a yellow card last night for what he said to the referee afterwards and but he didn't mention anything afterwards in the offy post match and neither did Nick - odd.

Anyway, always a couple of calls some are going to disagree with, but, live view only, thought he had a decent game myself.
Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 17:48 - Jan 3 with 1314 viewsPinnerPaul

Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 15:33 - Jan 3 by Boston

Anyone listening to the broadcast hear the handball call?

Nick..."his foot was over the line!"
Andy...but it's where the ball is that matters".

Intake of breath, then quiet for a couple of seconds.

Although not perfect, in my humble opinion, Andy's grasp of the laws and foul recognition is generally much better than Nick's.

Andy 100% correct of course, its obviously where the ball is that matters!
Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 18:11 - Jan 3 with 1266 viewsOldPedro

Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 17:46 - Jan 3 by PinnerPaul

Even Clive and me did the other day - everyone else - you haver been warned YOUR time will come.

Seriously - I was expecting a lot more flak for the referee on here, some of you must be listening to me!

Yellow card for the GK handball was correct, but thought some might want a red, the time at the end I thought more would think was wrong (it wasn't) and someone at the ground told me there was an offside in the build up to their goal but no one has mentioned it on here.

NC got a yellow card last night for what he said to the referee afterwards and but he didn't mention anything afterwards in the offy post match and neither did Nick - odd.

Anyway, always a couple of calls some are going to disagree with, but, live view only, thought he had a decent game myself.

I thought the ref was good last night. Only decisions I thought he got wrong were the foul on Chair when he taken out late from behind which I thought was a yellow and the arm/elbow on Kakay

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 19:09 - Jan 3 with 1177 viewsdavman

Not sure MY time will come any time soon, Paul...

Thought that the ref did OK last night. Particular shout out for the foul on Seny followed by Dykes' foul on Fotheringhay. Gave a free kick for both - Consistent unlike all his freekin' mates who are only consistently inconsistent...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 19:17 - Jan 3 with 1161 viewsAntti_Heinola

Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 18:11 - Jan 3 by OldPedro

I thought the ref was good last night. Only decisions I thought he got wrong were the foul on Chair when he taken out late from behind which I thought was a yellow and the arm/elbow on Kakay

Yeah, considering the late flurry of yellows, Baldock not being shown a yellow for a late tackle from behind on Chair was an odd one.

Bare bones.

Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 20:06 - Jan 3 with 1100 viewspaulparker

Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 19:17 - Jan 3 by Antti_Heinola

Yeah, considering the late flurry of yellows, Baldock not being shown a yellow for a late tackle from behind on Chair was an odd one.

He was as poor as the others we have had this season , he let them kick us all over , how Robinson wasnt booked either for blatant shirt pulling was a disgrace he kept playing until they equalised and then surprise surprise he blows up
Kakay was elbowed in the mouth for their free kick , the culprit was sharp who should have been booked for a high lunge when stopping Seny which should have been a second yellow
But yet again we say nothing and do nothing
The performance deserved 3 points and the ref got them that equaliser

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 10:28 - Jan 4 with 1005 viewsterryb

You know what I thought of Gavin Ward's "performance" Paul, but Monday night was the best referee I've seen this season & probably last season as well.

I'm interested that you thought the handball was a caution. I was split on whether it was a free kick & caution, or just a free kick. After all, not all handballs are cautions! Thankfully, the days that a 'keeper was sent off (incorrectly) for all handballs outside the area, have long gone.
Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 10:30 - Jan 4 with 998 viewsNorthernr

Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 17:48 - Jan 3 by PinnerPaul

Although not perfect, in my humble opinion, Andy's grasp of the laws and foul recognition is generally much better than Nick's.

Andy 100% correct of course, its obviously where the ball is that matters!

I know Nick London is a bit of a hobby horse of yours but watching the full 90 back this morning I think you and Boston have done him a disservice here and got that exchange the wrong way round...

39 mins...

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/highlights/full-90-qprshu-040123/
Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 11:28 - Jan 4 with 921 viewsstowmarketrange

Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 19:17 - Jan 3 by Antti_Heinola

And Warnock praised the ref for not booking him for taking Chair from behind.I wonder what his reaction would’ve been if he’d been a manager watching one of his player fouled like that?
Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 13:56 - Jan 4 with 865 viewsPinnerPaul

Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 10:30 - Jan 4 by Northernr

I know Nick London is a bit of a hobby horse of yours but watching the full 90 back this morning I think you and Boston have done him a disservice here and got that exchange the wrong way round...

39 mins...

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/highlights/full-90-qprshu-040123/

Hands up - haven't seen it yet, just going on what Boston said - will watch the 90' back, so apologies to Nick if I've got that wrong and I'm astounded Andy thought that in that case.

Terry - Breaking Up Promising attack would have been the reason for the caution.

Not really a hobby horse, he just says quite a few things that are just plain incorrect - Andy often corrects him or states a contrary view - which is fine - that's what the Comm/Co- Comm relationship is supposed to be.

Maybe just me, but I DO get frustrated when he calls out a referee mistake (1 view) and then he will get something wrong (fine, we all do) even after a couple of viewings - Luton's 2nd was called as a flick on by first Luton, then Shadipo and never correctly Paal. He felt it was unlucky and it was left to Andy to point out leaving their centre forward unmarked wasn't "unlucky".

Its not personal, i'm the same with Jonathan Pearce - Give 10 Nick matches to 15 minutes of him any day!
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024