Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report 20:29 - Jan 29 with 10728 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/59469
I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 20:50 - Jan 29 with 6442 viewsSuperhoop83

"Critchley - a man who went to the reading of Mick Beale’s will and got left the contents of the The Ark of the Covenant - agreed with me."

Superb. I don't know how you do it. Or why you aren't already executing hostages.

We are in serious, serious trouble.

Suffering since 1978.

I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 20:53 - Jan 29 with 6414 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Having read that I am honestly laughing, as the alternative is crying. How you do it, I honestly don't know, but i salute you.
Said it for weeks, ditch the loans, and bring in players like Pedder, Armstrong, Drewe, Jude what's his name, even Kolli and that midfielder who scores for the U18s. Anyone rather than these gutless twonks. NOT FIT TO WEAR THE SHIRT.
It will be toxic next home game I fear. But might be needed.

I look forward to the next pre game write up to learn more about the club issues.
I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 21:06 - Jan 29 with 6299 viewsterryb

Not a pleasant read Clive but a very entertaining one. Something which I'm sure none of you at Hull had!

"There were Hull players on Saturday who passed to Hull players less often than Iroegbunam did."

There were so many to choose from, but this was the sentence that had me laughing out loud. Perhaps you could edit other match reports & repeat this with just changing the name of our opponents?

Thankfully, from memory, the pubs in Huddersfield are good, so nobody could blame you if all of the away support stayed rooted in them next Saturday! And yes, I would much prefer to see under 21 or under 18 players in the squad than the three you mentioned in particular.
I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 21:07 - Jan 29 with 6295 viewsVancouverHoop

We have 17 games left and in those 17 games we need to involve as many people who we own, who are staying, who will be here next season, who want to play for this club, and who are interested; and as few of the players who are patently obviously none of those things, as possible.

Yup absolutely. And send as may as possible of our young players who are knocking on the door off to play competitive football this Summer. MLS, CPL, the Korean League if necessary. They need to come back in July game ready and hungry, because they'll never get a better opportunity to show what they can do at this level.
I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 21:07 - Jan 29 with 6292 viewsE17hoop

Bang on. It IS the players so there's no point blaming Critchley, Les, Bhatia, et al.

If we don't win at Huddersfield - which we won't - the home game with Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilwaaaaaaaaaaaaaal will be highly toxic.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 21:08]

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 21:18 - Jan 29 with 6206 viewsJimmyR

whenever anybody asks why every near post defender in this Godforsaken division is suffering from blunt force trauma to the head from clearing all of our corners unchallenged.

I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 21:20 - Jan 29 with 6181 viewsessextaxiboy

I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 21:07 - Jan 29 by E17hoop

Bang on. It IS the players so there's no point blaming Critchley, Les, Bhatia, et al.

If we don't win at Huddersfield - which we won't - the home game with Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilwaaaaaaaaaaaaaal will be highly toxic.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 21:08]

The players are to blame for that performance , certainly not Critchley , but the reason those players were there on Sat is a direct consequence of decisions made by higher up the food chain .
I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 21:31 - Jan 29 with 6120 viewsNorthernr

I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 21:20 - Jan 29 by essextaxiboy

The players are to blame for that performance , certainly not Critchley , but the reason those players were there on Sat is a direct consequence of decisions made by higher up the food chain .

But here we go again look, as I say in the report. Five pages coming up on well I think Les is to blame, I think Hoos is to blame, I think Fernandes is to blame. Every time anybody points at these players and says they're blatantly not arsed, and they're not, off it goes on these tangents. I'll do all of that in the week, in the Huddersfield preview. For now, let's focus on the fact we played a team below us in the league, a team we were 3-0 up at half time against in the home game, and these players did that with it.

We'll get to the other stuff in the week but at the moment these players are getting a free pass because they play like that, and everybody rushes to blame what's gone on above them without ever asking why the Premier League loan midfielder we pulled our pants down for is giving the ball away 30% of the time he's got it. It's not Hoos, Ferdinand, Fernandes, Critchley stepping over that white line on Saturday.
Login to get fewer ads

I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 21:41 - Jan 29 with 6071 viewsessextaxiboy

I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 21:31 - Jan 29 by Northernr

But here we go again look, as I say in the report. Five pages coming up on well I think Les is to blame, I think Hoos is to blame, I think Fernandes is to blame. Every time anybody points at these players and says they're blatantly not arsed, and they're not, off it goes on these tangents. I'll do all of that in the week, in the Huddersfield preview. For now, let's focus on the fact we played a team below us in the league, a team we were 3-0 up at half time against in the home game, and these players did that with it.

We'll get to the other stuff in the week but at the moment these players are getting a free pass because they play like that, and everybody rushes to blame what's gone on above them without ever asking why the Premier League loan midfielder we pulled our pants down for is giving the ball away 30% of the time he's got it. It's not Hoos, Ferdinand, Fernandes, Critchley stepping over that white line on Saturday.

.....well because he came to play for Beale , who was recruited by the others to replace Warburton , who was let go by the others , because he would not integrate the youth who were coached by a group installed by the others.
I am not giving the players a free pass , the attitude they are showing is a disgrace and as you say I hope any other clubs they may hope to play for are taking note of it , but the reason that on Saturday we were hanging our hopes on that particular bunch of lightweights is the result of decisions made by ....the others
I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 22:17 - Jan 29 with 5873 viewsdaveB

there is so much wrong at OPR at the moment but for the game yesterday and in recent weeks/months you are bang on that the players are too blame.

Beale going is just an excuse and players love one, he left ages ago now, Wales were still in the World Cup when he left they need to get over it and do their jobs.

The way they start games so slow and passive, so often we could be 2 goals down in the first 10 minutes. It's back to what we were doing pre Austin/Johansen.

What those 2 brought initially was an attitude to the team that we win our individual battles, get the first tackle in, let the opponent know they are in a game. That attitude is long gone and if we don't either get someone in this week to help bring that back or the players themselves show some pride and do it themselves then we are in real trouble.

Next week is a season defining game, lose that and we are bang in trouble
I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 22:45 - Jan 29 with 5725 viewscolinallcars

Wow…an understandably vitriolic report. As you say, possibly even worse results to come.
God only knows what'll happen next, I'm a home only fan these days and I'm dreading the Wall game.
As supporters what can we do ? Boo the players onto the pitch ? Try to “get behind them” when they don't seem to care ? As they say “ damned if we do and durned if we don't “.
I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 22:54 - Jan 29 with 5678 viewsNorthernr

I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 22:45 - Jan 29 by colinallcars

Wow…an understandably vitriolic report. As you say, possibly even worse results to come.
God only knows what'll happen next, I'm a home only fan these days and I'm dreading the Wall game.
As supporters what can we do ? Boo the players onto the pitch ? Try to “get behind them” when they don't seem to care ? As they say “ damned if we do and durned if we don't “.

As Baz said on another thread, we're going to boo them into playing better are we? Always worked before.

He's right. Abusing your own players is completely counterproductive.

However, possibly contradicting myself, I have no idea how you bring yourself to applaud them at the end of that game yesterday, let alone side-eye people who weren't joining in.
I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 23:07 - Jan 29 with 5631 viewsE17hoop

I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 21:41 - Jan 29 by essextaxiboy

.....well because he came to play for Beale , who was recruited by the others to replace Warburton , who was let go by the others , because he would not integrate the youth who were coached by a group installed by the others.
I am not giving the players a free pass , the attitude they are showing is a disgrace and as you say I hope any other clubs they may hope to play for are taking note of it , but the reason that on Saturday we were hanging our hopes on that particular bunch of lightweights is the result of decisions made by ....the others

I don't think it was anyone's fault except Roberts that he just couldn't be ársed yesterday. He won zero tackles, made zero dangerous passes, zero interceptions, zero through balls, one long ball (successful), one headed challenge, and one shot (off target).

Walking for much of the game he clearly couldn't be bothered once we went a goal down.

That wasn't down to anyone except him. When he was subbed he walked along the touchline and want applauded. So he didn't bother acknowledging the fans. That is until he was booed and sheepishly clapped 3 times.

Ship him back to Leeds because he obviously has a serious muscle tear which is causing him problems. It must be an injury...it couldn't be because he is happy to scoop the cash in each week doing the bare minimum could it?

I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 23:09 - Jan 29 with 5625 viewscolinallcars

I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 22:54 - Jan 29 by Northernr

As Baz said on another thread, we're going to boo them into playing better are we? Always worked before.

He's right. Abusing your own players is completely counterproductive.

However, possibly contradicting myself, I have no idea how you bring yourself to applaud them at the end of that game yesterday, let alone side-eye people who weren't joining in.

Yup, I imagine the team'll take the field v Wall to an embarrased silence. I've only ever booed one player - Bosingwa.
Of all the teams to play at home next it had to be flippin' Wall.
An intimidating atmosphere and we have a team who'd rather be waiting at home for an Evri delivery.
I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 23:11 - Jan 29 with 5615 viewsNorthernr

I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 23:09 - Jan 29 by colinallcars

Yup, I imagine the team'll take the field v Wall to an embarrased silence. I've only ever booed one player - Bosingwa.
Of all the teams to play at home next it had to be flippin' Wall.
An intimidating atmosphere and we have a team who'd rather be waiting at home for an Evri delivery.

Well we've got to go to Huddersfield first, and God only knows what this lot are going to do with that.
I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 23:12 - Jan 29 with 5601 viewsDejR_vu

Oh my

What a contrast to the Warburton team that took them apart in the preview highlights. I’ve said it so many times before, but I really do think I’m done with this now until some fundamental changes in personnel are made.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 23:19]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 23:13 - Jan 29 with 5595 viewsted_hendrix

*If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:*

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 23:22 - Jan 29 with 5532 viewsRs_Holy

'I’m very confident I could put a team together from the Crown and Sceptre regulars who can do better than this. They could do better than this after a day in the Crown and Sceptre'.... thanks for cheering me up Clive... great read as ever!
I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 03:18 - Jan 30 with 5213 viewsessextaxiboy

I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 23:07 - Jan 29 by E17hoop

I don't think it was anyone's fault except Roberts that he just couldn't be ársed yesterday. He won zero tackles, made zero dangerous passes, zero interceptions, zero through balls, one long ball (successful), one headed challenge, and one shot (off target).

Walking for much of the game he clearly couldn't be bothered once we went a goal down.

That wasn't down to anyone except him. When he was subbed he walked along the touchline and want applauded. So he didn't bother acknowledging the fans. That is until he was booed and sheepishly clapped 3 times.

Ship him back to Leeds because he obviously has a serious muscle tear which is causing him problems. It must be an injury...it couldn't be because he is happy to scoop the cash in each week doing the bare minimum could it?

All completely agreed … but who brought Roberts into the Club ?
I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 06:54 - Jan 30 with 5048 viewsMelakaRanger

This is totally the players. Like any other workforce they are trained for the job they need to do and are expected to then do the job they have been trained to do. Just like the job you or I are paid to do.

But when they are then put on the shop floor - the pitch - many of them cant be arsed.

Imagine say the Journalists/Editors etc at The Times issuing a paper with serious misspelling, the wrong photos, the wrong date on the paper etc. Heads would roll. Imagine the Nissan workers assembling a Nissan Leaf and not installing the batteries into the car, only putting 3 wheels on the car and missing back seats. Heads would roll. But at QPR its accepted with no consequences.

How about in the post match press conference the manager actually
naming names, saying who played well, who played poor and who was unacceptable. Why not say what most every fan who watched the match saw. Stop being so nice to the players.

For too many years now we have had players who simply can't be arsed and yet so many of them are allowed to keep playing for us.

In the real world if a worker (and a player is simply an vastly overpaid worker) does not perform his duties to an adequate level, he is coached to improve. If he then fails to improve, a disciplinary action is taken that can then quickly end in his dismissal. A job needs Jeopardy . Its need consequences for both good and bad performance. Otherwise what incentive is there to perform well?

This bunch of players have an easy life. They earn vast amounts of money and yet there are no consequences to them for continued poor performance. They still pocket their £10 grand a week safe in the knowledge that they will be paid every week and their job is safe for the rest of the contract. And even then some other mug will most likely take them on........

If a player can't be bothered then bench him and bench him for an extended time.

Here at QPR everyone is just so 'nice'. From the Top down. Tony F and Ruben G are really nice guys. Very succesful businessmen but maybe they are just too nice.

I remember a quote for Tony F many years ago when talking about some of the players we bought whilst in the Premiership. He said something along the lines that he never dreamed that players paid so much money would not bother to give a performance and earn their money. But its happened time after time after time.

The Board need to be ruthless, not nice. Nice breeds mediorcrity at QPR. We are too nice both on and off the pitch. Stop being nice!

Something/somethings are very wrong at QPR and simply changing the manager is absolutley not the answer to our problems.

The Board need to get some Experts in ( and now!) to carry out a complete investigation as to every aspect of the club and to get to the root causes of our problems. Then they must implement the recommendations of the report. No one should be immune from the axe. No system should be immune from the axe. Nothing at all should be exempt from the changes that are needed - no matter how harsh it might appear.

Unless there is major surgery at the club I genuinely fear for its future. League 1 next year is a very real outcome of this season and League 2 might be the next logical step.

Rant over!

But we really are in big trouble.
I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 08:05 - Jan 30 with 4881 viewsE17hoop

I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 03:18 - Jan 30 by essextaxiboy

When he's playing, it doesn't matter - he is accountable for his own actions.

And not that it matters, but it sounds like Beale brought him in:
“I can feel the buzz around the place ahead of the new season with the new gaffer.

“I had a chat with him and his enthusiasm towards the game is clear. He’s got a great track record with improving young players and he wants to play football in the right way.

“He feels that now is the time for me to really push on in my career — and so do I.”

Beale said:
“I am delighted to bring Tyler in.

“I spoke with him about his future. He had a lot of other offers but he wanted to come here which was massive.”

Beale admits he is excited by the potential and versatility of his new signing, explaining: “He fits our profile really well.

“He is very flexible, is at a fantastic age and already has excellent experience.

“I like hybrid forwards. I would say Chris Willock is a hybrid forward — he can play wide, he can play through the middle and he can play as a ten.

“Ilias is the same — he can play on both sides and drop into the middle. Tyler fits into that as well.

“I knew him as a kid playing as a centre-forward when he was coming through at West Brom, and at Leeds he has been used in all of those attacking positions.

“I can see him as a nine and I can see him as a ten with Chris, Ilias and the other options we have.

“He gives us a lot of options in the final third to play with the players we have got. He isn’t coming in to replace anyone, he is coming here to enhance what we already have.

“It’s exciting.”

I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 08:09 - Jan 30 with 4875 viewsNorthernr

I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 03:18 - Jan 30 by essextaxiboy

It shouldn’t matter if the fcking Honey Monster brought him to the club, he should at least run about.
I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 08:41 - Jan 30 with 4752 viewsQPsyR

Rant over lol

[Post edited 30 Jan 2023 18:05]

FKA AcidPixie

I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 08:53 - Jan 30 with 4695 viewstraininvain

Great match report. Putting the wider issues with the club to one side for a minute, this team is crying out for some experienced pros who will put in a shift on the pitch and kick anyone who doesn’t up the backside.

Complete lack of leadership and accountability on (and presumably off) the pitch from this group of players. It’s been obvious since before the World Cup break when the wheels started to come off pre Judas leaving.

We’ve been here before in 2010. Warnock brought in the likes of Derry, Orr and Hill. Didn’t cost a fortune. And they changed the mentality of the squad when six months earlier we had a similarly toxic group to this lot.

Critchley needs to be given support to do the same.
I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 09:31 - Jan 30 with 4528 viewsToast_R

If the players have downed tools because a manager has left, then modern football is not for them
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024