Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Northampton Town (H) Match Thread 17:00 - Feb 9 with 14450 viewsHullDale

Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 20:14 - Feb 11 with 3549 viewsClivert

Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 20:06 - Feb 11 by TVOS1907

Got to take any positive we can at the moment.

Another late goal conceded is another kick to the balls.
Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 20:17 - Feb 11 with 3532 viewsTVOS1907

Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 20:14 - Feb 11 by Clivert

Another late goal conceded is another kick to the balls.

I know. It reminded me of the Cobblers' late equaliser in the 16/17 season.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 20:20 - Feb 11 with 3507 viewsClivert

Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 20:17 - Feb 11 by TVOS1907

Yes, they soon add up don't they?
Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 20:27 - Feb 11 with 3469 viewsdingdangblue

Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 20:17 - Feb 11 by TVOS1907

Not as demoralising as the 3-3 with Walsall after we went ahead in the 93rd minute but it's close.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 20:41 - Feb 11 with 3395 viewsClivert

Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 20:27 - Feb 11 by dingdangblue

Not as demoralising as the 3-3 with Walsall after we went ahead in the 93rd minute but it's close.

Swings and roundabouts.

We're still paying the price for Graham Atkinson's goal at Rotherham in 1999.
Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 20:51 - Feb 11 with 3362 views442Dale

Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 20:41 - Feb 11 by Clivert

Swings and roundabouts.

We're still paying the price for Graham Atkinson's goal at Rotherham in 1999.

Today was for Peter Costello’s equaliser against the same opponents in 1991.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 20:54 - Feb 11 with 3348 viewsTVOS1907

Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 20:51 - Feb 11 by 442Dale

Today was for Peter Costello’s equaliser against the same opponents in 1991.

Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 20:58 - Feb 11 with 3328 viewsClivert

George 'Dogshit' Donnelly bagged in injury time against the same opponents to send us top in 2013, it means bugger all today though.
Login to get fewer ads

Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 21:08 - Feb 11 with 3278 viewsEllDale

Top marks to all the starting line-up today. They were some colossal perfo4mances. Couldn’t ask for more in terms of energy and commitment although, as has been mentioned, Northampton could have been a goal up inside ten seconds.The subs weren’t on long enough to make an impact to my mind.
I wish we’d had this choice of players in December and for most of January.
Any news on where Rodney was today?
That ten minute period at the start of the second half was blistering.
One goal is never enough though is it?
And we’re getting to the stage where draws aren’t any use.
Tuesday night at Orient Is what Keith would have called a free hit but does EBJ stick with this team, some of whom may be mentally drained, or change things to accommodate EEL?
Quigley, Lloyd, Keohane, Toums for example must be knackered tonight.
Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 21:16 - Feb 11 with 3217 viewsTVOS1907

Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 21:08 - Feb 11 by EllDale

Top marks to all the starting line-up today. They were some colossal perfo4mances. Couldn’t ask for more in terms of energy and commitment although, as has been mentioned, Northampton could have been a goal up inside ten seconds.The subs weren’t on long enough to make an impact to my mind.
Tuesday night at Orient Is what Keith would have called a free hit but does EBJ stick with this team, some of whom may be mentally drained, or change things to accommodate EEL?

Rodney was injured, apparently.

Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 23:20 - Feb 11 with 2903 viewsHopwoodblue

Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 21:16 - Feb 11 by TVOS1907

Rodney was injured, apparently.

Is that because he had to train Monday & Thursday ?
😉

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 23:51 - Feb 11 with 2832 viewsdingdangblue

Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 21:08 - Feb 11 by EllDale

With Taylor/Mullarkey/Bennett today I really don't see a starting place for EEL. He's not the player we had here previously and he's probably one of the big reasons we are where we are.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 00:53 - Feb 12 with 2764 viewsDorkingDale

Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 17:46 - Feb 11 by pioneer

Brierley is fit isnt he. I thought based on reports from the forum he is making himself unavailable in order to avoid the risk of injury.

I expect he is still getting paid.

TBF, Brierley needs to keep healthy in order for us to get the transfer fee if it's overturned. But I'd prefer to have him on board.
Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 02:55 - Feb 12 with 2699 viewsShun

Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 18:26 - Feb 11 by 442Dale

Can’t ask for much more than that. Lots of effort and some good spells of pressure too, a real bolt from the blue denying us a win. Can’t remember another goal that’s taken as long for the opposition fans to realise it went in. Despite other views, I thought it was obvious that Northampton were a good team, albeit one surprised by how much we tested them. Magloire looked like he did against Newcastle in the cup though and god knows why teams still pass about at the back so much.

Defence is clearly better as others have said. Odoh stuck to his task well and offers much more from there than anywhere else. Diagouraga and Keohane are probably our best midfield two in our predicament, their limitations are obvious but they don’t get completely lost in games like Kelly and Ball.

Henderson is probably a more clever player now than he was first time around, if that’s possible, his movement and choice of runs is certainly better. Enjoy watching him as much as Brett Pitman who was a master at it. Quigley had his best game since the autumn too.

Tough to take and we need wins, but you can’t expect more than what we got today.

I thought their number 17, McWilliams (?), was excellent in the Peter Cavanagh role. Exactly the sort of player I thought we were getting in Diagouraga.
Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 07:13 - Feb 12 with 2594 viewsfrenzied

At least its a point

The Leyton Orient game is ideal for the management to see where the mindset of the players is.

Looks like any 2 of the bottom 5 heading for the drop at this stage.

Hope he starts with the same 11 altho a couple may be rested/benched...Hendo Bennett?

If we can get 6 points from the next 4 games that would be encouraging.

UTD
Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 09:29 - Feb 12 with 2344 viewsEllDale

A lad standing next to me yesterday made a decent point.
Whilst we’ve had a spell playing the teams around us, and the fixtures look harder, by the time we get to April some of the opposition may be already be planning their trips to the beach.
Clutching at straws perhaps.
Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 09:51 - Feb 12 with 2287 viewsMass_Debater

Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 09:29 - Feb 12 by EllDale

Whilst we’ve had a spell playing the teams around us, and the fixtures look harder, by the time we get to April some of the opposition may be already be planning their trips to the beach.

More like a load of nonsense.
Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 09:52 - Feb 12 with 2285 viewsNorthernDale

Bentley, implied that he may have to be careful with Bennett due to his lack of game time, but I would not change the defence or starting eleven, but will Bentley seek to restore EEL and rest Bennett or Taylor.

We must go into Tuesday game, with the attitude we can get at least a point and with a positive attitude, after yesterdays game.
Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 10:18 - Feb 12 with 2212 viewsrichfoad32

Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 09:29 - Feb 12 by EllDale

Admittedly I haven't seen every game this season but there hasn't been one opposition team who've blown me away and I've thought were promotion certainties. As ever, the best sides in this league are those that are fit, strong and organised and if we can somehow match that for the remainder of the season then we might have half a chance. There's nobody to be afraid of.
Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 09:13 - Feb 13 with 1504 viewsrkershaw

Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 10:18 - Feb 12 by richfoad32

Admittedly I haven't seen every game this season but there hasn't been one opposition team who've blown me away and I've thought were promotion certainties. As ever, the best sides in this league are those that are fit, strong and organised and if we can somehow match that for the remainder of the season then we might have half a chance. There's nobody to be afraid of.

That new tumeric supplement has kicked in already.....players actually breaking into a sweat!! Wonder if Hendo' has got some spare Herbalife products lying around?? ;)
Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 10:38 - Feb 13 with 1367 viewsfitzochris

Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 10:18 - Feb 12 by richfoad32

I’ve seen almost every game this season in one way or another and I would agree with that observation. It makes our current position even harder to take.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 11:21 - Feb 13 with 1303 viewsAtThePeake

Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 10:38 - Feb 13 by fitzochris

I’ve seen almost every game this season in one way or another and I would agree with that observation. It makes our current position even harder to take.

Much like FGR last season, I think Orient were some distance ahead of every other team we've played.

We've lost so many points against below average sides though which I agree, makes it very hard to take seeing us where we are.

Tangled up in blue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024