Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Northampton Town (H) Match Thread 17:00 - Feb 9 with 14449 viewsHullDale

Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 16:50 - Feb 11 with 3652 viewsSuddenLad

Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 16:17 - Feb 11 by electricblue

Henderson what a goal..

Need to keep this guy next season....

1-1

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 16:52 - Feb 11 with 3622 viewsSheffdale

1-1 - hold on to what we've got?
Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 16:57 - Feb 11 with 3519 viewssince58

Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 16:52 - Feb 11 by Sheffdale

1-1 - hold on to what we've got?

Were living on a prayer.
Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 17:10 - Feb 11 with 3282 viewsdingdangblue

Gutted. Undeserved point for Northampton. 100 times better from Dale - we just needed to get over the line and somehow their number 8 squeezes a rocket into the top corner out of nothing.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 17:11]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 17:14 - Feb 11 with 3210 viewsisitme

Their substitutions made a difference and we were holding on. A decent performance and in any other season a point against a top four team would be a good result.
Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 17:23 - Feb 11 with 3108 viewsIOMDale

Using 45 points as a survival benchmark, we require 24 points from these 16 games:

Tue 14/02 19:45
L2 Leyton Orient Away
Sat 18/02 15:00
L2 Gillingham Home
Tue 21/02 19:45
L2 Stockport Home
Sat 25/02 15:00
L2 Crewe Away
Sat 04/03 15:00
L2 Stevenage Home
Sat 11/03 15:00
L2 Grimsby Away
Sat 18/03 15:00
L2 Swindon Home
Sat 25/03 15:00
L2 Crawley Town Away
Sat 01/04 15:00
L2 AFC Wimbledon Away
Fri 07/04 15:00
L2 Walsall Home
Mon 10/04 15:00
L2 Mansfield Away
Sat 15/04 15:00
L2 Bradford Home
Tue 18/04 19:45
L2 Tranmere Home
Sat 22/04 15:00
L2 Stockport Away
Sat 29/04 15:00
L2 Sutton Utd Home
Mon 08/05 12:30
L2 Harrogate Town Away

I’m struggling to see where we’d pick them up but play like today and it’s a start.

UTDNFS

Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 17:24 - Feb 11 with 3101 viewsDalenet

Plenty of effort and energy today. Seems such a long time ago since we attacked like we did for 30 minutes of the second half. Taylor was immense and the new lads great. Could easily have had 5 or 6 as man of the match. Gutted by their equaliser but we were under the cosh a bit at the end.

But more of this and there is hope
Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 17:30 - Feb 11 with 3028 viewsTrev

Can't fault the effort or performance. A genuine sucker punch at the end there. Gutted.
Login to get fewer ads

Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 17:37 - Feb 11 with 2942 viewsD_Alien

Encouraged by that. Yes, disappointing we didn't get the win but the team can hold their heads up, and so can the manager; i thought he got it right today

Someone in midfield (Adshead/Brierley) would be the only real change i'd have made if everyone was fit. The back three worked well together (after Bennett's idiocy at the start) and both he and Mullarkey especially have improved us. Thought Odoh is worth keeping at wingback, defensively he's as good as anyone else and although still room for improvement with his final ball, his cross into the box should've been converted by Hendo for a first assist. Hendo did the business a minute later, of course

The main thing was we looked to have a proper team and Northampton were lucky to get that point. We were defending resolutely but a great shot happens

Continue in that mode and we'll have an outside chance. Just hope the manager doesn't start messing with the side that deserves to start again on Tuesday
[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 17:43]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 17:46 - Feb 11 with 2875 viewspioneer

Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 17:37 - Feb 11 by D_Alien

Encouraged by that. Yes, disappointing we didn't get the win but the team can hold their heads up, and so can the manager; i thought he got it right today

Someone in midfield (Adshead/Brierley) would be the only real change i'd have made if everyone was fit. The back three worked well together (after Bennett's idiocy at the start) and both he and Mullarkey especially have improved us. Thought Odoh is worth keeping at wingback, defensively he's as good as anyone else and although still room for improvement with his final ball, his cross into the box should've been converted by Hendo for a first assist. Hendo did the business a minute later, of course

The main thing was we looked to have a proper team and Northampton were lucky to get that point. We were defending resolutely but a great shot happens

Continue in that mode and we'll have an outside chance. Just hope the manager doesn't start messing with the side that deserves to start again on Tuesday
[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 17:43]

Brierley is fit isnt he. I thought based on reports from the forum he is making himself unavailable in order to avoid the risk of injury.

I expect he is still getting paid.
Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 17:46 - Feb 11 with 2875 viewsAndy_TOPO

I think we played very well for 80 minutes, but some of the lads looked out on their feet by then, subs should of been used to freshen the team up for the last push.
Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 17:46 - Feb 11 with 2874 viewsSaxonDale

Better but still think Bentley needs to be more proactive with his substitutes- we tired hugely in the last 30 and could even have lost it in the last minute. Positives are that Bennet and Malarkey have definitely made us better and as others have said we should look better once Brierley/ Adshead are available. Quigley seems to be back to being a nuisance too.
Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 17:53 - Feb 11 with 2768 viewselectricblue

Huge improvement from the 11 on the pitch today hopegully it continues..
Downside 2pts dropped, nothing that RoD could do about that rocket of a goal but the players around the scorer vould have done better..

Another average ref today.

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 18:17 - Feb 11 with 2571 viewsLuke8686

For the first time in weeks we haven't really talked about the keeper's performance today. I hope Eastwood is nowhere near the starting lineup again this season
Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 18:22 - Feb 11 with 2522 viewsNorthernDale

I thought we played well for most of the game, in the second half should have scored, before he actually scored, Quigley played well and created problems. The defence seem fairly solid and even the midfield do okay.

However I felt that we did the same thing, we always do when we get in front, we sit back and invite the other team to dominate the game, rather then attack and get a second goal. However I must hold Bentley responsible for the two points dropped, his substitutions were again p*ss poor and he as done it, time and time again. There was no need to take Hendo off and Mellor was a poor replacement, he did very little, and the final two subs was pointless, besides saying 'we have given up wanting to win the game'.

Hopefully the overall performance as given the team confidence for Tuesday, if there are no team changes, but is two points dropped, rather then a point gained. We could have been three points from safety, rather then five.
Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 18:26 - Feb 11 with 2480 views442Dale

Can’t ask for much more than that. Lots of effort and some good spells of pressure too, a real bolt from the blue denying us a win. Can’t remember another goal that’s taken as long for the opposition fans to realise it went in. Despite other views, I thought it was obvious that Northampton were a good team, albeit one surprised by how much we tested them. Magloire looked like he did against Newcastle in the cup though and god knows why teams still pass about at the back so much.

Defence is clearly better as others have said. Odoh stuck to his task well and offers much more from there than anywhere else. Diagouraga and Keohane are probably our best midfield two in our predicament, their limitations are obvious but they don’t get completely lost in games like Kelly and Ball.

Henderson is probably a more clever player now than he was first time around, if that’s possible, his movement and choice of runs is certainly better. Enjoy watching him as much as Brett Pitman who was a master at it. Quigley had his best game since the autumn too.

Tough to take and we need wins, but you can’t expect more than what we got today.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 18:35 - Feb 11 with 2386 viewsturnthescrew

Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 18:22 - Feb 11 by NorthernDale

I thought we played well for most of the game, in the second half should have scored, before he actually scored, Quigley played well and created problems. The defence seem fairly solid and even the midfield do okay.

However I felt that we did the same thing, we always do when we get in front, we sit back and invite the other team to dominate the game, rather then attack and get a second goal. However I must hold Bentley responsible for the two points dropped, his substitutions were again p*ss poor and he as done it, time and time again. There was no need to take Hendo off and Mellor was a poor replacement, he did very little, and the final two subs was pointless, besides saying 'we have given up wanting to win the game'.

Hopefully the overall performance as given the team confidence for Tuesday, if there are no team changes, but is two points dropped, rather then a point gained. We could have been three points from safety, rather then five.

The very fact we have a game on Tuesday will be part of the reason he subbed Hendo. No problem with that.
Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 18:48 - Feb 11 with 2285 viewstony_roch975

Agree with most of the others posts. Hard working and best of all tackles, interceptions and winning 2nd ball in midfield - Keohane was immense (don't get his low rating); I counted 10 major interceptions by him. He and Diagouraga are the best midfield pairing I've seen this season.

Taylor was superb and Rhys won every header, Mullarkey and Dodgson look better each game and Odoh was effective defensively and got forward well in the first half. Still concerned that O'Donnell doesn't dominate his area for corners etc.

Quigley looked to have missed a sitter and seems intent on complaining too much for me - although the officials decisions were woeful. Lloyd is more effective out wide, as others have posted.

All that against a very good Northampton side who were surprised by our resilience - although they had loads of possession we forced them sideways most of the time.

Substitutions came 10 mins too late but a really encouraging performance
[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 18:50]

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 18:50 - Feb 11 with 2269 viewsfourfourtwo

Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 18:22 - Feb 11 by NorthernDale

I agree with you about Mellor. For a young lad who must be eager to impress I thought he just lacked effort in all honesty. Strolling about, gentle jogging. There was no busting a gut from him and we lost the press up top.

Special mentions to Mullarkey, Bennett, Taylor, Dodgson, Lloyd and Quigley who I thought were all excellent.

ROD made a crucial save at the death. If Northampton had won that it would have been one of the crimes of the century.

I actually enjoyed our performance today. First time I’ve felt like that in a long while.

I thought Odoh had a positive impact on the game overall. He’s still incredibly frustrating but he certainly gave them something to think about.

Bentley has definitely signed some better players which he must be given credit for.
Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 19:00 - Feb 11 with 2194 viewsTyroneShoelaces

They all put a shift today which is all you can ask
Unlucky not to win but if we (I) see that effort in every match then
we could just could get out of this
Apparently the Oldham Chairman was there today.
Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 19:02 - Feb 11 with 2172 viewsClivert

Will Brierley or Adshead be available for Tuesday? It'll be useful to us if they both are.
Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 19:08 - Feb 11 with 2127 viewsgolfaduffy

The boys put in a much improved shift today and deserved the 3 points. Makes a nice change to hear the crowd get fully behind them, but they all earned it.
Mullarkey was excellent as was Lloyd . Honorable mentions for Quigley and of course Hendo who scored the more difficult of his two good chances.

Can we go to orient and get something? Depends which Dale turn up. Todays version has every chance.
Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 19:18 - Feb 11 with 2036 viewsTVOS1907

Dale's unbeaten home run versus Northampton now extends to 12 games.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 20:03 - Feb 11 with 1770 viewsClivert

Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 19:18 - Feb 11 by TVOS1907

Dale's unbeaten home run versus Northampton now extends to 12 games.

Another point to survival eh?

We'll all sleep soundly tonight.
Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 20:06 - Feb 11 with 1740 viewsTVOS1907

Northampton Town (H) Match Thread on 20:03 - Feb 11 by Clivert

Another point to survival eh?

We'll all sleep soundly tonight.

Got to take any positive we can at the moment.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024