Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
News from Boundary Park…. 18:17 - Mar 16 with 7190 viewsEllDale

Oldham Council are investing £1m in a new pitch there so that the town’s rugby league team can move in and groundshare.
Be interesting to see how that pans out.
News from Boundary Park…. on 12:12 - Mar 17 with 5553 viewsrod_leach

I guess they aren't planning on getting back in the football league any time soon then.
News from Boundary Park…. on 20:50 - Mar 19 with 5043 viewsmikehunt

News from Boundary Park…. on 12:12 - Mar 17 by rod_leach

I guess they aren't planning on getting back in the football league any time soon then.

And I believe bury council are putting money into Giggle Lane according to something I heard on Radio Noblot.
What are Rochdale council doing to try to preserve a league club (and rugby club for that matter)in their town?

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

News from Boundary Park…. on 21:01 - Mar 19 with 5015 viewsD_Alien

News from Boundary Park…. on 20:50 - Mar 19 by mikehunt

And I believe bury council are putting money into Giggle Lane according to something I heard on Radio Noblot.
What are Rochdale council doing to try to preserve a league club (and rugby club for that matter)in their town?

Just on that note:

There are council elections coming up in May. If councillors do anything other than play games with each other, this would be an opportunity to get them on board with whatever proposals might emerge regarding the future of our club in the coming weeks/months

For sure, our council won't be proactive, so we need to be pushing them as and when necessary. To do this, the first thing is to stop the anti-Hornets agenda, which is utterly counterproductive. Whilst the historical animosity between the two codes has been about as high as it's ever been recently, the long term future of Dale (primarily) but also for sport in the town is at stake. Let's not waste it, as bury have been doing with rivalries

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

News from Boundary Park…. on 22:28 - Mar 19 with 4887 views49thseason

News from Boundary Park…. on 21:01 - Mar 19 by D_Alien

Just on that note:

There are council elections coming up in May. If councillors do anything other than play games with each other, this would be an opportunity to get them on board with whatever proposals might emerge regarding the future of our club in the coming weeks/months

For sure, our council won't be proactive, so we need to be pushing them as and when necessary. To do this, the first thing is to stop the anti-Hornets agenda, which is utterly counterproductive. Whilst the historical animosity between the two codes has been about as high as it's ever been recently, the long term future of Dale (primarily) but also for sport in the town is at stake. Let's not waste it, as bury have been doing with rivalries

I think you are right. If the football club were in a financially stronger position, I would advocate taking over Hornets and setting them up as a subsidiary company. The Football Club articles of incorporation allow for such an activity and I think it would put an end to the "who does what" at the stadium too.
RMBC has a dreadful record when it comes to sport, it has outsourced much of its responsibility to Link4Life, but their interest is in cherry-picking the profitable parts of the fitness scene, not that that's a bad thing per-se but it enables the Council to ignore the rest of the health and well being agenda attached to Team sports unless it happens to be a hobby horse of leading members of the ruling Labour Party (eg Hornets)
Lobbying the councillors is almost futile as those in Spotland and Falinge are only interested in re-election and 4 more years of expenses. (this from personal experience trying to get support for a 4G pitch at Redbrook when the Government were offering £500m for new pitches... RMBC didn't even bother applying).
This makes interesting reading in relation to the above
https://www.rochdale.gov.uk/downloads/file/863/playing-pitch-strategy

My personal conclusion was that you would only get their attention if you are prepared to stand against them in an election. I would love to be proved wrong
News from Boundary Park…. on 01:15 - Mar 20 with 4773 viewsSandyman

News from Boundary Park…. on 22:28 - Mar 19 by 49thseason

I think you are right. If the football club were in a financially stronger position, I would advocate taking over Hornets and setting them up as a subsidiary company. The Football Club articles of incorporation allow for such an activity and I think it would put an end to the "who does what" at the stadium too.
RMBC has a dreadful record when it comes to sport, it has outsourced much of its responsibility to Link4Life, but their interest is in cherry-picking the profitable parts of the fitness scene, not that that's a bad thing per-se but it enables the Council to ignore the rest of the health and well being agenda attached to Team sports unless it happens to be a hobby horse of leading members of the ruling Labour Party (eg Hornets)
Lobbying the councillors is almost futile as those in Spotland and Falinge are only interested in re-election and 4 more years of expenses. (this from personal experience trying to get support for a 4G pitch at Redbrook when the Government were offering £500m for new pitches... RMBC didn't even bother applying).
This makes interesting reading in relation to the above
https://www.rochdale.gov.uk/downloads/file/863/playing-pitch-strategy

My personal conclusion was that you would only get their attention if you are prepared to stand against them in an election. I would love to be proved wrong

You make a great deal of sense, 49th, but previous suggestions of Hornets being taken over by Dale have been received with contempt by Hornets fans. It would be like the conflict between the two bury football sects and then some. One idea to forget. They won't wear it.

Re: the councillors in Spotland and Falinge ward. As a resident of said ward I could not agree more. They are only interested in votes and expenses. They are useless on every issue. (How long has the fiasco over the toxic TBA site dragged on?) Remember how mercenary they were last year, believing the poison leaflets that were posted to homes around Spotland re: the proposed Queen tribute band playing at the COA rather than speaking to RAFC? They saw an opportunity to use the situation to get votes and that is all "two votes" et al care about. An independent and a Dale-supporting Green have stood against them in years gone by but, sadly, got nowhere.

The previous "Smith Mafia" Lib Dem councillors of the 1990's in Spotland & Falinge ward did sweet FA for RAFC when the suggestion of turning part of Denehurst Park into a Dale training facility / community facility was proposed. The late Norman Smith (brother of Cyril) got very NIMBY about that, didn't he?

"Two votes" you ask?
https://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/121346/labour-co
[Post edited 20 Mar 2023 1:27]
News from Boundary Park…. on 10:58 - Mar 20 with 4474 viewsEllDale

Andy Mazey tweeted a photo of the Hornets' team coach en route to Birmingham yesterday and a prominent Labour councillor is spotted sitting at the front of it.
News from Boundary Park…. on 11:11 - Mar 20 with 4436 viewsrkershaw

News from Boundary Park…. on 10:58 - Mar 20 by EllDale

Andy Mazey tweeted a photo of the Hornets' team coach en route to Birmingham yesterday and a prominent Labour councillor is spotted sitting at the front of it.

????......whoope woo.....how is this Dale related???
[Post edited 20 Mar 2023 11:11]
News from Boundary Park…. on 12:02 - Mar 20 with 4302 viewsD_Alien

News from Boundary Park…. on 11:11 - Mar 20 by rkershaw

????......whoope woo.....how is this Dale related???
[Post edited 20 Mar 2023 11:11]

It may have escaped your attention, the dire straits Dale are in, both footballing wise but also financially

As i posted earlier in this thread, the time has come when we need everyone in the town - and especially our elected representatives - to be on board with taking any measures which will help Dale's survivability in the future. At the very least, this would include not taking any further steps which might make our relationship with other sporting enterprises in the town worse

We laugh at bury for their inability to overcome feuds which are stopping progress for their town football team. It's time to put our own feuds aside. No-one is suggesting bending over backwards to accommodate Hornets, but let's at least try to end the enmity which some may feel is justified but which only serves to put Dale's own future in jeopardy. If some councillors support Hornets, they're entitled to do so, and antagonising them will hurt Dale

That's why it's Dale related

Login to get fewer ads

News from Boundary Park…. on 15:33 - Mar 20 with 4017 viewshammerdale

News from Boundary Park…. on 10:58 - Mar 20 by EllDale

Who has been associated with Hornets for 70 years as a player, supporter, director, and Chairman, long before he became a Counillor.
News from Boundary Park…. on 15:46 - Mar 20 with 3990 viewsrkershaw

News from Boundary Park…. on 12:02 - Mar 20 by D_Alien

It may have escaped your attention, the dire straits Dale are in, both footballing wise but also financially

As i posted earlier in this thread, the time has come when we need everyone in the town - and especially our elected representatives - to be on board with taking any measures which will help Dale's survivability in the future. At the very least, this would include not taking any further steps which might make our relationship with other sporting enterprises in the town worse

We laugh at bury for their inability to overcome feuds which are stopping progress for their town football team. It's time to put our own feuds aside. No-one is suggesting bending over backwards to accommodate Hornets, but let's at least try to end the enmity which some may feel is justified but which only serves to put Dale's own future in jeopardy. If some councillors support Hornets, they're entitled to do so, and antagonising them will hurt Dale

That's why it's Dale related

It may have escaped your attention Mr Dalenet that I am a life long fan of BOTH clubs (40 years plus).......I mourned the loss of Bury and the sad demise of Oldham because I recognised that, at the time, that we would be heading the same way as them post Covid / hostile takeover / Bottomley!! I have sought to introduce numerous ideas of how the two clubs could / can work to support each other. You might balk at this suggestion but Rochdale Hornets are an EXTREMELY well run club.....professional / inclusive / community based etc etc.....the current Dale board could do to take a leaf out of their book....amateur at all levels!! .Their social media puts Dale's in the shade. Please be reminded that this is a forum for discussion and opinion. Just because mine differs to your own doesn't make me less of a fan than your good self. The Councillor in question has supported the club for a very long time.....he is not trying to antagonise Dale.....he's simply supporting his team!!
[Post edited 20 Mar 2023 15:47]
News from Boundary Park…. on 16:29 - Mar 20 with 3907 viewsEllDale

I never suggested that Peter Rush was antagonising anyone or being antagonised.
I simply remarked on the fact that he went all the way to Birmingham to watch Hornets which is commendable.
Tony Lloyd was a spectator at one of Hornets' home games last year.
When was the last time that any councillor or MP turned up at a Dale game?
You need to get these people onside.
News from Boundary Park…. on 16:31 - Mar 20 with 3883 viewsD_Alien

News from Boundary Park…. on 15:46 - Mar 20 by rkershaw

It may have escaped your attention Mr Dalenet that I am a life long fan of BOTH clubs (40 years plus).......I mourned the loss of Bury and the sad demise of Oldham because I recognised that, at the time, that we would be heading the same way as them post Covid / hostile takeover / Bottomley!! I have sought to introduce numerous ideas of how the two clubs could / can work to support each other. You might balk at this suggestion but Rochdale Hornets are an EXTREMELY well run club.....professional / inclusive / community based etc etc.....the current Dale board could do to take a leaf out of their book....amateur at all levels!! .Their social media puts Dale's in the shade. Please be reminded that this is a forum for discussion and opinion. Just because mine differs to your own doesn't make me less of a fan than your good self. The Councillor in question has supported the club for a very long time.....he is not trying to antagonise Dale.....he's simply supporting his team!!

It may have escaped your attention that i'm not Mr Dalenet

If you consider this forum a place for opinion and discussion, trying to shoot someone down who made a post relevant to the thread isn't the best way of going about it

News from Boundary Park…. on 16:51 - Mar 20 with 3817 viewsDalenet

News from Boundary Park…. on 15:46 - Mar 20 by rkershaw

????? I have made no comment on this thread whatsoever so far. You Sir are paranoid

But as you are inviting comment for debate - I am well aware of Peter Rush and his love for Hornets over the decades and I am sure he remains a strong influence over the community developments at Balderstone. Oldham has always been a better supporting town and they will think that investment that helps 10,000 or so fans across both sports is money that can be justified. As for Rochdale, spending money to help around 2500 fans is probably not seen as justifiable on the same way. Can you imagine the reaction of people in Middleton for example if cash was thrown at Dale or Hornets.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2023 16:57]
News from Boundary Park…. on 18:08 - Mar 20 with 3636 viewsforeverhopefulDale

News from Boundary Park…. on 16:29 - Mar 20 by EllDale

I never suggested that Peter Rush was antagonising anyone or being antagonised.
I simply remarked on the fact that he went all the way to Birmingham to watch Hornets which is commendable.
Tony Lloyd was a spectator at one of Hornets' home games last year.
When was the last time that any councillor or MP turned up at a Dale game?
You need to get these people onside.

In the Pearl Street, I have seen, Councillors Sean O' Neil, Sultan Ali, ex Councillor Brian Ashworth who used to go when he was a councillor , of course Peter Brown was a Sandy Laner. I am sure there are more. I am sure Tony Lloyd is a ST holder, but could be mistaken, and has attended Dale games. He certainly was involved with the counter action against Morton House supporting the Trust. Not for one minute suggesting that there is massive support for the Dale amongst local politicians, but to be frank there isn't much support amongst the general population of Rochdale.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

News from Boundary Park…. on 20:04 - Mar 20 with 3478 viewsrkershaw

News from Boundary Park…. on 16:51 - Mar 20 by Dalenet

????? I have made no comment on this thread whatsoever so far. You Sir are paranoid

But as you are inviting comment for debate - I am well aware of Peter Rush and his love for Hornets over the decades and I am sure he remains a strong influence over the community developments at Balderstone. Oldham has always been a better supporting town and they will think that investment that helps 10,000 or so fans across both sports is money that can be justified. As for Rochdale, spending money to help around 2500 fans is probably not seen as justifiable on the same way. Can you imagine the reaction of people in Middleton for example if cash was thrown at Dale or Hornets.

Why have you deleted your post....?? Paranoid....I know exactly what I saw......hence the reply directed to yours truly!!
News from Boundary Park…. on 20:18 - Mar 20 with 3416 viewsD_Alien

News from Boundary Park…. on 20:04 - Mar 20 by rkershaw

Why have you deleted your post....?? Paranoid....I know exactly what I saw......hence the reply directed to yours truly!!

You replied directly to a post made by me, addressing me as Mr Dalenet

Have a look, it's there for all to see

News from Boundary Park…. on 20:20 - Mar 20 with 3405 viewsTVOS1907

Nobody has deleted anything.

You replied to D_Alien, but called him dalenet, which was no doubt a genuine error.

Are you feeling OK?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

News from Boundary Park…. on 20:22 - Mar 20 with 3398 viewsDalenet

Oh deary me. What did you see? I haven't typed anything on this thread before late afternoon and haven't deleted anything. Ask the Admins if you don't believe me
News from Boundary Park…. on 20:24 - Mar 20 with 3367 viewsD_Alien

News from Boundary Park…. on 20:20 - Mar 20 by TVOS1907

Nobody has deleted anything.

You replied to D_Alien, but called him dalenet, which was no doubt a genuine error.

Are you feeling OK?

To the tune of Sunrise, Sunset from Fiddler on the Roof

D_Alien, Dalenet
D_Alien, Dalenet
Swiftly flow the posts
Too swiftly for rrr...kershaw
No matter what he boasts

News from Boundary Park…. on 20:33 - Mar 20 with 3364 viewskel

Only admin have the ability to delete posts. I’d suggest maybe calming down or following through on your promise not to support the club any longer if Bentley was still in charge for the Stockport game. He was.
News from Boundary Park…. on 06:19 - Mar 21 with 3105 viewsrkershaw

News from Boundary Park…. on 16:51 - Mar 20 by Dalenet

Good morning Mr Dalenet.....I offer to you my sincere apologies!! I must have called you out in error.....confusing you with a post from Mr D Alien ....which was definitely there but mysteriously got deleted after I had replied to a post (still there) by Elldale.
Have a good day and keep believing!! :)
Mr R Kershaw
[Post edited 21 Mar 2023 7:33]
News from Boundary Park…. on 10:14 - Mar 21 with 2869 viewsD_Alien

News from Boundary Park…. on 06:19 - Mar 21 by rkershaw

Good morning Mr Dalenet.....I offer to you my sincere apologies!! I must have called you out in error.....confusing you with a post from Mr D Alien ....which was definitely there but mysteriously got deleted after I had replied to a post (still there) by Elldale.
Have a good day and keep believing!! :)
Mr R Kershaw
[Post edited 21 Mar 2023 7:33]

None of my posts have been deleted

The one you replied to is still there, included in your reply

[Post edited 21 Mar 2023 11:47]

News from Boundary Park…. on 13:44 - Mar 21 with 2669 viewsChaffRAFC

I can't remember the last time we deleted a post on here to be honest but I've certainly not deleted anything recently.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

News from Boundary Park…. on 17:17 - Mar 21 with 2476 viewsAtThePeake

News from Boundary Park…. on 13:44 - Mar 21 by ChaffRAFC

I can't remember the last time we deleted a post on here to be honest but I've certainly not deleted anything recently.

Nor have I

Tangled up in blue.

News from Boundary Park…. on 18:41 - Mar 21 with 2357 viewsrkershaw

News from Boundary Park…. on 17:17 - Mar 21 by AtThePeake

Nor have I

My humble apologies....your are right Mr D Alien......your post is indeed still there and my accusation of a deletion was wrong. The title of the thread, however, is regarding another club in a different town. I can not understand the Hornets bashing on this forum.... to question a long life Hornets fan (who happens to be a local councillor) travelling to watch his team (admittedly on the Hornets coach) is yet another example of this pettiness!!
[Post edited 21 Mar 2023 19:32]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024